PDA

View Full Version : Fridays draw

CB_NO3
13-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Looking for a bit info guys, is there a chance we can book flights to somewhere on Friday or do we have to wait till all the second round ties are finished a week on Thursday. I know if there is a team with a 2 or 3 goal lead it might be worth taking a gamble on cheap flights. Can someone explain please.

Cheers
CB

scoopyboy
13-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Looking for a bit info guys, is there a chance we can book flights to somewhere on Friday or do we have to wait till all the second round ties are finished a week on Thursday. I know if there is a team with a 2 or 3 goal lead it might be worth taking a gamble on cheap flights. Can someone explain please.

Cheers
CB

Some of the ties will be straightforward whilst others we will have to wait for the winners to emerge.

I booked up for Elfsborg before they binned their earlier opponents, risky strategy but it got us cheaper flights.

A word of caution however, it occasionally happens that UEFA change the order of the legs, ie if you are quick off the mark when the draw is made and book flights it would be a right b****** if they were reversed and you lost out financially.

Zondervan
13-07-2010, 09:16 PM
A word of caution however, it occasionally happens that UEFA change the order of the legs, ie if you are quick off the mark when the draw is made and book flights it would be a right b****** if they were reversed and you lost out financially.

I wonder if (should Hibs be drawn at home 1st leg) we might ask for this to be changed around to give the stadium an extra week to be ready.

Not even sure if UEFA allow clubs to move 1st/2nd legs around, unless there is a clash of teams playing in the same city. Would also require the agreement of our opponents.

From a travel arrangements perspective, then ideally we want to be drawn against one of the following teams (as they are already in the unseeded pot and do not have to play a 2nd round tie):

Luzern
Nordsjælland
Slovan Bratislava
Beroe Stara Zagora
Viktoria Plzeň
Jablonec
IFK Göteborg
Apollon
Aalesund
Hajduk Split
Inter Turku
Jagiellonia Białystok

scoopyboy
13-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I wonder if (should Hibs be drawn at home 1st leg) we might ask for this to be changed around to give the stadium an extra week to be ready.

Not even sure if UEFA allow clubs to move 1st/2nd legs around, unless there is a clash of teams playing in the same city. Would also require the agreement of our opponents.

From a travel arrangements perspective, then ideally we want to be drawn against one of the following teams (as they are already in the unseeded pot and do not have to play a 2nd round tie):

Luzern
Nordsjælland
Slovan Bratislava
Beroe Stara Zagora
Viktoria Plzeň
Jablonec
IFK Göteborg
Apollon
Aalesund
Hajduk Split
Inter Turku
Jagiellonia Białystok

I think that the capacity without the east will be sufficient for the 3rd round. Can't see Hibs asking for a change.

Ed De Gramo
13-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Luzern
Nordsjælland
Slovan Bratislava
Beroe Stara Zagora
Viktoria Plzeň
Jablonec
IFK Göteborg
Apollon
Aalesund
Hajduk Split
Inter Turku
Jagiellonia Białystok

I know flight prices change but at the moment:

Turku is £275 from Edinburgh
Bratislava is £175 from Glasgow

Zondervan
13-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Was thinking more for having season ticket holders in their allocated seats East, rather than housing them elsewhere. Would also help with the atmosphere to have fans along that side of the stadium.

More importantly, it would give the pitch a wee bit more time to take hold.

scoopyboy
13-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Was thinking more for having season ticket holders in their allocated seats East, rather than housing them elsewhere. Would also help with the atmosphere to have fans along that side of the stadium.

More importantly, it would give the pitch a wee bit more time to take hold.

I went down to ER to get my ticket for the west and my mates four tickets who has now moved to the east.

I had to take 5 tickets for the west as east is out.

Zondervan
13-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh well, that suggests that the huns game (or Europa league 4th round!) will be the 1st for the new east.

big-mo
14-07-2010, 01:47 PM
The draw is being made in Switzerland on Friday 16th July at 12pm CET, by my reckoning that would be 11am Leith time. Or am I wrong? Does any one know if it is on Eurosport or Sky or ESPN or just on the net?

HibbyAndy
14-07-2010, 02:31 PM
The draw is being made in Switzerland on Friday 16th July at 12pm CET, by my reckoning that would be 11am Leith time. Or am I wrong? Does any one know if it is on Eurosport or Sky or ESPN or just on the net?

Id imagine Eurosport will show it :dunno:

No really caring TBH, the usual suspects on here will be getting a wee text on here when am working to tell me who we goat.:thumbsup::agree::thumbsup::agree::thumbsup:

p=sh
15-07-2010, 06:11 AM

according to uefa.com draw is at 1330 which is half 12 for youse :-)
might take a wee trip to GVA airport to see if Yogi gets off the Easyjet flight from Edinburgh...

Draw format
The 70 sides will be allocated to seven groups of ten teams. Each group is split into equal numbers of seeded and unseeded teams according to club rankings, and balls containing seeded teams will be placed in one bowl and unseeded teams in another. A ball from each bowl will be placed in a large empty bowl, where they are shuffled. The first side drawn will play its first match at home, against the second team drawn. Clubs from the same association may not be drawn against each other.

draw is live on uefa.com