PDA

View Full Version : Whos Going to T Next Year?

seanraff07
13-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I have never went, and i'm gutted i didn't go this year.

But i'll definitely be going in 2011, going to get my ticket ASAP.

Woody70x2
13-07-2010, 08:07 PM
The thought of being knee high in mud, in the pishing rain, with the risk of being murdered (although attempted) or raped doesn't sound that good to me :wink:

Calvin
13-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Got my ticket this morning.

David_D
13-07-2010, 11:05 PM
tickets purchased this morning. this was my first year and it will most certainly not be my last

Teo10
14-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Can't afford tickets but will get some when the next batch are up for sale. Will see what the line up is like then decide whether to go or not!

MrRobot
14-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I'll only go if the line up is good.

Its been dire for the last 2 years, all the generic indie/weird p!sh that they can find it signed up.
Wish they would get a wider range rather than mostly indie stuff.

Reading and Leeds line-ups are far more impressive and have a better range IMO.

Cameron1875
14-07-2010, 02:59 PM

Its been dire for the last 2 years, all the generic indie/weird p!sh that they can find it signed up.

:confused:I appreciate you might have a different music taste from me but you can't argue T got some coups this year. Wouldnt exactly say paolo nutini, proclaimers, emimem, jay z, was indie or weird pish.

The acts T in the park can attract now compared to before is incredible.

GlesgaeHibby
14-07-2010, 03:01 PM

Glad it's not just me that thought that. The amount of 'indie' bands that have sprung up at T and are utter dross is unbelievable. WTF was Vampire Weekend? Absolutely awful awful band. The View are gash too.

The problem I felt this year was that all the good bands were grouped together:

Friday Night Muse clashed with BEPs
Saturday: Rodrigo Y Gabriella and Stereophonics clashed as well as Prodigy/Eminem/Mumford
Sunday was even worse: David Guetta/Madness/Kasabian and Ash all on at the same time.

Great headlining bands/acts but mainly clashing and the day was filled up with dross-average-decent acts. They should never have got rid of pet sounds either. How many futures stages do we need? Red Bull/T Break/BBC Introducing is too much. Bring back pet sounds.

Pretty Boy
14-07-2010, 03:06 PM

:agree:

I can understand the main stage catering to the most popular artist of the day but the tents should be used to showcase some good but under appreciated artists. Kate Nash playing King Tuts WTF? I remember seeing some crackng bands and artists in the tents a few years back. Now the whole festival strikes me as being generic and dull.

The ammount of ridiculously drunk and wasted people annoys me as well. I like a drink as much as anyone and at night at a festival i will have a fair few, during the day i am there to see bands that i like, of course i will have a few beers but people throwing half full cans and glasses about, throwing up and just generally being ****ing annoying isn't my idea of a good time. I'm not saying everyone shoudl stand quietly and listen to the music, far from it but the way some people act just spoils it.

Ed De Gramo
14-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Glad it's not just me that thought that. The amount of 'indie' bands that have sprung up at T and are utter dross is unbelievable. WTF was Vampire Weekend? Absolutely awful awful band. The View are gash too.

Saturday: Rodrigo Y Gabriella and Stereophonics clashed as well as Prodigy/Eminem/Mumford
Sunday was even worse: David Guetta/Madness/Kasabian and Ash all on at the same time.

Great headlining bands/acts but mainly clashing and the day was filled up with dross-average-decent acts. They should never have got rid of pet sounds either. How many futures stages do we need? Red Bull/T Break/BBC Introducing is too much. Bring back pet sounds.

Opinions :wink:

Betty Boop
14-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Is there an age limit for Tin the Park ? My daughter and her mates want to go next year for the week-end camping, they are 16. Too young?

seanraff07
14-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Is there an age limit for Tin the Park ? My daughter and her mates want to go next year for the week-end camping, they are 16. Too young?

I think once your 16 or over you can go to TITP unaccompanied by an adult.

I'm 15 at the moment but will be 16 by the time the next one comes round and i'm planning on going with mates without an adult, i'll double check and post it up here once i find out.

CropleyWasGod
14-07-2010, 07:22 PM

As long as you're going, they'll no want to :wink:

Calvin
14-07-2010, 07:47 PM

The 3 future style stages were filled with excellent bands, maybe if you're not familiar with a lot of them it's worth investigating.

Vampire Weekend are absolutely fantastic as well and pretty big, I think they justified their space.

Ash v Madness was a tough one for me but are you trying to tell me a guy playing a CD and turning the sound down to sing along is worth headlining a stage? I used to do that down the red school on a friday night!

Hibby70
14-07-2010, 08:02 PM
i only went this year coz i got free tickets. Went at a more leisurely pace and enjoyed it much more than i have in the past. Headliners for me were muse, mumford and madness which was a good mixture of music types. Reckon they need to get someone like ac/dc or maiden for next year but no doubt they'll roll out snow patrol and kol again. My choice of dream headliners would be prince, acdc and the boss, whats yours?

GlesgaeHibby
14-07-2010, 09:44 PM
The 3 future style stages were filled with excellent bands, maybe if you're not familiar with a lot of them it's worth investigating.

Vampire Weekend are absolutely fantastic as well and pretty big, I think they justified their space.

Ash v Madness was a tough one for me but are you trying to tell me a guy playing a CD and turning the sound down to sing along is worth headlining a stage? I used to do that down the red school on a friday night!

I spent a good bit of time at T Break and enjoyed quite a few bands there. I just miss pet sounds, saw some great artists there before: Ben Folds, Seasick Steve, Band of Horses etc.

I just think 2 futures stages is enough, as pet sounds was quite a special arena.

And back to vampire weekend, guess opinions really differ. I can't believe how dreadful they sounded live. Abysmal drumming and ****ty little keyboard parts that sounded like an 8 year old on a toy keyboard.

Maybe you'll make the transition from the Pans red school to headliner at T next year :wink:

Calvin
14-07-2010, 10:03 PM
I spent a good bit of time at T Break and enjoyed quite a few bands there. I just miss pet sounds, saw some great artists there before: Ben Folds, Seasick Steve, Band of Horses etc.

I just think 2 futures stages is enough, as pet sounds was quite a special arena.

And back to vampire weekend, guess opinions really differ. I can't believe how dreadful they sounded live. Abysmal drumming and ****ty little keyboard parts that sounded like an 8 year old on a toy keyboard.

Maybe you'll make the transition from the Pans red school to headliner at T next year :wink:

:greengrin

Undoubtedly the guy is an excellent producer but as a live music act, well, he wasn't. Saying that, neither are the slam tents guys I suppose - just not my thing.

Vampire Weekend, well you are genuinely the first person I've met to hate them. If they had a big time huge fills drummer it wouldn't suit at all their style of music, much the same as many bands of their genre. Franz Ferdinand as an example of a great band without overdone drums. I can see that they might not be everyone's taste but I struggle to see much detestable about them. I never saw them this year but I think they would be better suited to real venues.

On the stages, Pet Sounds was not taken away to be replaced by T, I think it was taken away because T felt there were too many stages, making acts too sparsely attended. The Introducing stage is put on by the BBC and rarely draws more than a few dozen revellers, I don't think it really detracts from any of the other stages.

Betty Boop
15-07-2010, 06:56 AM
As long as you're going, they'll no want to :wink:

I already suggested this, you can imagine the reply! :greengrin

Ritchie
15-07-2010, 07:28 AM
got my camping tickets on tuesday morning!! :thumbsup:

Betty Boop
15-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Just bought a ticket, hope I have done the right thing! :rolleyes:

Betty Boop
15-07-2010, 09:28 AM
I think once your 16 or over you can go to TITP unaccompanied by an adult.

I'm 15 at the moment but will be 16 by the time the next one comes round and i'm planning on going with mates without an adult, i'll double check and post it up here once i find out.

Cheers Sean, bought her one. The thing is, she wanted a ticket for David Guetta at Ingliston, but there is an age limit of 18. :confused:

Antifa Hibs
15-07-2010, 09:33 AM
T in the park :faf:

Welcome to 5 years ago. It's finished, and has been for sometime. Stop being sheep, get your own lives and stop paying £200+ for such drivel :agree: :wink:

Antifa Hibs
15-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Cheers Sean, bought her one. The thing is, she wanted a ticket for David Guetta at Ingliston, but there is an age limit of 18. :confused:

More a club/rave. Full of dafties absulutely reeking popping pills i'd imagine. Not the thing for 15/16 lassie.

seanraff07
15-07-2010, 01:10 PM

If you are under 16 you need to be accompanied by someone over the age of 21.

But if your lass is going to be 16 next summer then she doesn't have to be accompanied by an adult.:agree:

Ritchie
15-07-2010, 01:14 PM
T in the park :faf:

Welcome to 5 years ago. It's finished, and has been for sometime. Stop being sheep, get your own lives and stop paying £200+ for such drivel :agree: :wink:

opinions are like bumholes.... everyone has them and most of them stink.....

(like yours on this occasion!... stinky hole) :wink:

Ryan91
15-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I worked at T in the Park this year, first time I have ever been and I realise it isn't about liking the bands, it's more the atmosphere that counts, that said I'm not a fan of Eminem per se but I thought he was incredible. I hope to go next year, to do that I need a job, anyone know of any jobs going?

deeks01
15-07-2010, 02:15 PM
was gutted this year 4 of my mates said they were defo goin , "aye ahl be there deeks 100% got the cash and evrything" so i assumed i was goin with them and turned down everybody else that asked me to go.... only for my 4 mates to pull out cos they "couldnae be ars**" twats that they are. I'm booking my ticket now and will go myself next year if need be!!