PDA

View Full Version : Yams The Great Ticket Giveaway

bighairyfaeleith
13-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Seriously it's not because we can't fill our ****ty little asbestos stand:greengrin

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-unveil-new-reduced-price.6416320.jp

Not sure how they are going to wipe out there debt if they keep reducing the only income stream they have while continuing to pay over the odds for players. Long may it continue:bye:

M11BMO
13-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Seriously it's not because we can't fill our ****ty little asbestos stand:greengrin

Not sure how they are going to wipe out there debt if they keep reducing the only income stream they have while continuing to pay over the odds for players. Long may it continue:bye:

In terms of getting bodies through the gates, I think it's a good idea. :rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
13-07-2010, 01:17 PM
In terms of getting bodies through the gates, I think it's a good idea. :rolleyes:

Your right, but if you are filling your ground every week anyway, which apparently they do then why bother, especially if you have a debt in excess of £30 million?

down the slope
13-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Some yams seem worried by this as they think the ST sales have peaked at k 9.500. I thought they were spouting on about having plenty more than this, maybe they have a cashflow problem over there and need a short term influx of some dosh-shame.

M11BMO
13-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Your right, but if you are filling your ground every week anyway, which apparently they do then why bother, especially if you have a debt in excess of £30 million?

Very good point mate.

I would like to see us try to implement something like this at ER. Especially now we have a bigger stadium.

TheBall'sRound
13-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I have to say I think it's a good idea. I'm an ST holder at ER but I certainly wouldn't object if an otherwise empty seat was sold off at a cheaper price to make sure someone was sat in it.

Having just paid Hibs four ton of my hard earned, it's clear that football is far too expensive as things stand. I think what the Yams have done is commendable.

Of course if you're paying for the quality of the surroundings and the product on the pitch they have been taking it up the wrong un for quite some time now!

Dashing Bob S
13-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Why don't they just let everyone in for nothing and put all the lost revenues onto a debt they only owe to themselves?

bighairyfaeleith
13-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Very good point mate.

I would like to see us try to implement something like this at ER. Especially now we have a bigger stadium.

I agree, we now have a stadium we won't fill most of the time, so I think we should start to make a bigger area of the famous five or the west available for kids etc at reduced prices. Attracting families is very important, it also means that lost of other folks migrate to the east helping the atmosphere.

Personally I'm quite happy to keep paying what I pay, but think we should reach out more to the people who the cost hits hardest, i.e. the dad with three kids that all want to go to the game. Thats an expensive day out!

Main differences though are that we admit we don't fill easter road every week and we're not skint:greengrin

M11BMO
13-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I agree, we now have a stadium we won't fill most of the time, so I think we should start to make a bigger area of the famous five or the west available for kids etc at reduced prices. Attracting families is very important, it also means that lost of other folks migrate to the east helping the atmosphere.

Personally I'm quite happy to keep paying what I pay, but think we should reach out more to the people who the cost hits hardest, i.e. the dad with three kids that all want to go to the game. Thats an expensive day out!

Main differences though are that we admit we don't fill easter road every week and we're not skint:greengrin

It is inevitable, althought we hate to admit it, that we will have a stadium that will have a hell of a lot of empty seats, (apart from Eurpoean ties and once we have split the Old Firm :cool2:) once the East Stand is complete. Like you said, I don't think it would upset a lot of fans by making these empty seats available for a slightly cheaper amount.

This thing I worry about is if we hit a sticky patch, (pretty sure we had a slump in form at some point last year :rolleyes:) and the attendancies completely drop.
BUT that won't happen this year because Yogi will have learnt from last year and we will be challenging ALL the way through the season :greengrin

Hibbyradge
13-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Oh bother. Why didn't I put that picture of money in a washing machine on my phone?

I wonder how the folk who have stumped up full whack for their season tickets feel about the people next to them, who refused to make a commitment to their club, getting in for less.

I certainly wouldn't renew if I thought I could get in cheaper if I just waited.

down-the-slope
13-07-2010, 02:46 PM
:rolleyes: i'm confused...Hibs do this already(make it affordable for families)...a years ticket for my daughter is £85 (£4.25 per game) apparently a big mac & fries (not that ever eat that crap) is more than that.

Just what else do those who still expect a team on the pitch competing expect the club to do

bighairyfaeleith
13-07-2010, 02:55 PM
:rolleyes: i'm confused...Hibs do this already(make it affordable for families)...a years ticket for my daughter is £85 (£4.25 per game) apparently a big mac & fries (not that ever eat that crap) is more than that.

Just what else do those who still expect a team on the pitch competing expect the club to do

TBF I never realised that as I don't have kids, not sure what else you do then. Think the point is though if we have say around 5k seats empty, is it better to leave them empty of fill them at say £10 a pop to kids / old folks / jambos desperate to watch real football / somebody else?

M11BMO
13-07-2010, 02:57 PM

I didn't know that tbh.

lucky
13-07-2010, 03:03 PM
well done to the Yams football is to expensive. Hibs should be looking at giving schools tickets for the smaller games next season. It creates an atmosphere and gets the kids interested.

HoMFC is a joke club but they have called this right, kids are future ST holders and reduced prices when we are facing mass unemployment is actually forward thinking from our backward thinking inbred neighbours.

iwasthere1972
13-07-2010, 03:13 PM

:agree: It may have an impact on future season ticket sales as I would be livid if I was a Hearts season ticket holder knowing that the guys sitting all around me had paid less to watch the game than I had. Or are they doing part refunds for season ticket holders?

Anyone know when the next church jumble sale is down Gorgie?

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Surely there is room for a loyalty card or something for punters that pay every two weeks but can't find the dosh in one go for a season?

Disc O'Dave
13-07-2010, 03:24 PM

Also, if they are selling out every week, some folk will have to move out to let all these extra families in, no?

That's what they say it's for ..."to attract more families to tynecastle"

I just can't believe that two bits of information from Tynecastle contradict each other :confused: :greengrin

down-the-slope
13-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Interesting already 2 posters have noted that they were not aware of the deal for kids etc....

Adult ticket in East / West is £405....if you buy with a child its reduced to £380 the under 5 years price is £65...6-14 years is £85....15-18 years is £130...in effect you have £25 off these prices by virtue of buying together

so i n effect for me the net price for girls is £65.....absolute bargin.....anyone with a niece / nephew should get a few quid of aunties / uncles (next birthday / christmas say ahead of time) and just get them one....great way to have a good relationship with them..

I take my two girls (now 11 & 12) turn about while the other does Girlie things with mum....have done this since they were 3&4...they love getting one parent to themselves.

Come on folks stop moaning and take some responsibility (it might even be the wee laddie with no obvious dad in in your street?).......fill the stadium with the next generation
:notworthy:

--------
13-07-2010, 03:25 PM
well done to the Yams football is to expensive. Hibs should be looking at giving schools tickets for the smaller games next season. It creates an atmosphere and gets the kids interested.

HoMFC is a joke club but they have called this right, kids are future ST holders and reduced prices when we are facing mass unemployment is actually forward thinking from our backward thinking inbred neighbours.

:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
13-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Interesting already 2 posters have noted that they were not aware of the deal for kids etc....

Adult ticket in East / West is £405....if you buy with a child its reduced to £380 the under 5 years price is £65...6-14 years is £85....15-18 years is £130...in effect you have £25 off these prices by virtue of buying together

so i n effect for me the net price for girls is £65.....absolute bargin.....anyone with a niece / nephew should get a few quid of aunties / uncles (next birthday / christmas say ahead of time) and just get them one....great way to have a good relationship with them..

I take my two girls (now 11 & 12) turn about while the other does Girlie things with mum....have done this since they were 3&4...they love getting one parent to themselves.

Come on folks stop moaning and take some responsibility (it might even be the wee laddie with no obvious dad in in your street?).......fill the stadium with the next generation
:notworthy:

Which one, I live in leith mind, I could fill the east with those sort of kids round my way:wink:

down-the-slope
13-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Which one, I live in leith mind, I could fill the east with those sort of kids round my way:wink:

Sadly i'm sure your right :rolleyes:

Seriously though...is there a kid who if you agreed to take them the net cost of £3.25 per match could not be found from parent / aunt...(even you)

I not trying to be smart or some super saint....but even when my girls don't go with me for some reason I just see it as a chance to take another kid (even taken Jambo mates girls on occasion :greengrin) and give them an opportunity

I really think the club do a lot to make it possible for youngsters to go...just needs more adults willing to inconvienience themselves a wee bit (like not being in the pub after games) and fleecing a few aunts / uncles and we could have loads more there......

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Who wants kids at the games? They get bored quickly then spend the whole match getting up and down for pizzas and pies.

Surely there are still some chimneys that need cleaning?

down-the-slope
13-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Who wants kids at the games? They get bored quickly then spend the whole match getting up and down for pizzas and pies.

Surely there are still some chimneys that need cleaning?

So I presume you started to attend ER only when you had become a mature well behaved adult :rolleyes:

Opps....forgot that day has yet to come

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2010, 04:26 PM
So I presume you started to attend ER only when you had become a mature well behaved adult :rolleyes:

Opps....forgot that day has yet to come

Now now, you don't know me, and what you and I all call mature might be different things.

I might have a more mature sense of humour than you. You might be more mature in other ways.

Get lost ya big poop.

down-the-slope
13-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Get lost ya big poop.
:hilarious:hilarious open goal :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2010, 04:31 PM
:hilarious:hilarious open goal :wink:

Yes.

Geo_1875
13-07-2010, 04:45 PM
The whole thing stinks. How can they be selling tickets for games next year when they have a huge waiting list for STs? How can they make the many millions they need when adult tickets normally start at £16? Will they set aside the ticket money they take in just in case someone expects a bill paid on time? Another dodgy deal from the empire of dodgy deals if you ask me.

matty_f
13-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I wonder if hibs would consider making a limited number of matchday tickets available at a very cheap price, on a first come, first served basis. IMHO, this would give folk who find football too expensive some chance of getting to see the games, would fill seats, and because you'd not be guaranteed a ticket would not make a season ticket less attractive.

lEXO
13-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I think it,s one of the few things i would compliment the yams on.Not everyone can go to every home game, and if you could work out your work commitments, and block book the tickets at the prices they are charging it would certainly make it a bit easier to affordable to get to games.Yes Hibs do make it more affordable for families with season tickets, but this is something i would like us to look at to attract the people that cant buy one due to work/family commitments etc.
I have my season ticket,but would,nt be bothered if others can benefit from other offers that make them attend more games.Lets face it, the more Hibs fans at the game the better.
An added comment on the season ticket issue,due to the fixture changes,shifts at work and my wedding in September, there is a chance i might not get to home league match until the yams game in november.The ticket scheme the yams are offering would be appealing to someone who works shifts like i do.Just a thought like.

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2010, 04:57 PM
I wonder if hibs would consider making a limited number of matchday tickets available at a very cheap price, on a first come, first served basis. IMHO, this would give folk who find football too expensive some chance of getting to see the games, would fill seats, and because you'd not be guaranteed a ticket would not make a season ticket less attractive.

I think they could give tickets away when the team is playing badly and the ground would still be half full. Likewise when the team is going well they could charge whatever they want.

I think an extension of the concession scheme would be in order though, so that people on benefits or receiving family credit could get cheaper tickets.

Jack
13-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Its a scheme to get all the hard currency in in a oner so that when Vlad comes over for his pre-season chat with his slaves he can go back home with most of the seasons income in his suitcase.
No need to come back for these inconvenient dribs and drabs like he used to.

Frazerbob
13-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Surely there is room for a loyalty card or something for punters that pay every two weeks but can't find the dosh in one go for a season?

Is that not why the club introduced the 10 month payment plan?

SunshineOnLeith
13-07-2010, 06:10 PM
"And, if you choose to print the ticket yourself online via our Hearts etickets service, there's no booking fee either

That's a really good idea. I hate paying booking fees!

WindyMiller
13-07-2010, 06:35 PM
That's a really good idea. I hate paying booking fees!

:agree:

I print off my Ryanair tickets, why can't I do the same for Hib's tickets?

Big Frank
13-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Anything that reduces prices for fans at any club is a good thing. Scottish football is basically on it ar$e.

Well done to the yams to get as many of their deluded morons' bums on seats as possible. :agree:

I'd go as far as to let kids under 16 in free to ER.

Hamish
13-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Wot Big Frank said:thumbsup:

LeithBoozy
13-07-2010, 06:50 PM
If we were all to take someone with us, the ground full sign's would need to go up. It sound's so simple, why dont we do it. :agree:

WeAreHibs
13-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Isn't it ironic that our prices are more expensive even though we're peg selling gypos. Can you imagine if we'd come up with such an initiative?

It's a great idea but stinks of desperation from Mad McVlad.

Quality over quantity any day, so the missus keeps assuring me!

Andy74
13-07-2010, 10:59 PM
This isn't about some campaign to make football more affordable. This is simply a desire to get as many people through the gates as possible regardless of the impact on income. Hearts gates were higher than ours last year but I'd bet we made more income from it.

I'd welcome some schemes to fill the seats from our bigger capacity but not to the detriment of our overall income.

matty_f
13-07-2010, 11:22 PM
This isn't about some campaign to make football more affordable. This is simply a desire to get as many people through the gates as possible regardless of the impact on income. Hearts gates were higher than ours last year but I'd bet we made more income from it.

I'd welcome some schemes to fill the seats from our bigger capacity but not to the detriment of our overall income.

:agree: It's about getting that balance right, really. I suggested earlier making a limited number of tickets available for walk-ups (probably for Cat B games) so that the game's affordable for some, and giving Hibs the revenue for seats that would otherwise have gone unsold.

To be honest, I find it hard to criticise what the Yams are doing here, regardless if it's just about getting the numbers up, at the end of the day it's their fans that will benefit.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Oh bother. Why didn't I put that picture of money in a washing machine on my phone?

I wonder how the folk who have stumped up full whack for their season tickets feel about the people next to them, who refused to make a commitment to their club, getting in for less.

I certainly wouldn't renew if I thought I could get in cheaper if I just waited.

For goodness sake, if you can afford the season ticket buy it, if you can't, don't.
It's hardy comparable to looking around for the best deal when you are buying a washing machine.

Why on earth would you oppose incentives to have a larger attendance in the ground cheering the team on? Incomprehensible :bitchy:

I agree with a previous poster who suggests we could give free tickets for cat B games to schools/youth football teams.

Dashing Bob S
14-07-2010, 01:51 AM

Insightful and wise post, especially the first part and last part of the second paragraph.

bighairyfaeleith
14-07-2010, 07:48 AM
:agree: It's about getting that balance right, really. I suggested earlier making a limited number of tickets available for walk-ups (probably for Cat B games) so that the game's affordable for some, and giving Hibs the revenue for seats that would otherwise have gone unsold.

To be honest, I find it hard to criticise what the Yams are doing here, regardless if it's just about getting the numbers up, at the end of the day it's their fans that will benefit.

I'm not sure how going to tynecastle and having to watch that eye bleeding brand of football can be to there benefit:confused::greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
14-07-2010, 07:50 AM

Thats an important point, there is no guarantee that a kid that gets a free ticket will ever return, and we shouldn't cause a detrimental impact on our current team by cutting our revenue down the way that hearts clearly are, after all if they have filled there stadium every game last season then by cutting the prices this year there revenue is falling.

skipster7
14-07-2010, 09:05 PM

thata a good price but there plenty adults using kids tickets as well unfortunatly:grr:

Winston Ingram
14-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Give them credit as they will get more coming through the gate and it's something we should do.

The only thing we have to endure now as a result is 'we get bigger crowds than yoose!'.

Are they still doing their £19 kids season tickets?

IWasThere2016
14-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Part of my opposition to the redevelopment of the East was that we don't have the fan base to justify it nor was there a real business case for it. My view at the time was and still is that we should have taken time to steps to grow the fan base via schemes designed to get more kids in, and make football more affordable.

Hibee87
15-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Part of my opposition to the redevelopment of the East was that we don't have the fan base to justify it nor was there a real business case for it. My view at the time was and still is that we should have taken time to steps to grow the fan base via schemes designed to get more kids in, and make football more affordable.

We didny really have a choice to build the stand thouh did we? the planning permission was going to run out and very doubtful we would get one again and most importantly we had the money in place. Once this is built albeit with a fair few thousend empty seats - what else do we now have to spend money on?

Stadium complete - Check
Training facilities - Check
Debt - hardly any - Check

so what would be next on petries agenda? I would say the playing squad is the only other place to spend any money and if we can bring in the type of players like miller and stokes on a yearly basis and challenge for 3rd or even better every year and go on a few cup runs give it 2 or 3 years in a row of being 'successfull' and im sure the fans would all start streaming back. just my opinion on what to expect in the futue mind.

lEXO
15-07-2010, 11:48 AM
We didny really have a choice to build the stand thouh did we? the planning permission was going to run out and very doubtful we would get one again and most importantly we had the money in place. Once this is built albeit with a fair few thousend empty seats - what else do we now have to spend money on?

Stadium complete - Check
Training facilities - Check
Debt - hardly any - Check

so what would be next on petries agenda? I would say the playing squad is the only other place to spend any money and if we can bring in the type of players like miller and stokes on a yearly basis and challenge for 3rd or even better every year and go on a few cup runs give it 2 or 3 years in a row of being 'successfull' and im sure the fans would all start streaming back. just my opinion on what to expect in the futue mind.
And a very good opinion it is to.Rods taken a lot of stick but he has stuck to his guns and gradually we have seen the fruits of his good work.If we can keep building our squad with a better quality player added to the young guys coming through i will be pleased.
Given the financial position of most of the other clubs in scotland, we have a jump on most of them regarding our stadium, finances and training facilites.When other teams have or have to sell their homes and move to survive, we have rebuilt and kept Hibs in our community whilst keeping the club on an even keel.The players sold to do this might not have been replaced to the quality we would have hoped at times, but lets face it if Aberdeen etc could have done the same i,m sure their fans would be delighted to be in our position.

Phil MaGlass
15-07-2010, 12:26 PM
I think given the opportunity we now have with a new stand and the capacity up to 20 odd thou we could be giving away and average of 4000 tickets per game to under privelaged kids, schools in the areas,kids football clubs,accompanied by a paying adult or giving away adult + 1 kid entry. The stadium could be easily filled,a part of the East or FF stand could be reserved for this purpose.
Having a full ER every home game will keep some coming back and the unforgettable atmosphere of a full stadium stuck in a kids mind forever,better advertising you cant buy.

Oh aye, my local club ADO done this when moving to a new stadium and instead of averaging 5-6000 now average 10-13 thou.Due to above mentioned ideas.