PDA

View Full Version : NHC Kevin Thomshun on his way to Boro (Merged)

HibbyAndy
13-07-2010, 09:05 AM
According to the sun :greengrin

Hope its true, Glad to see the back of this little rodent, Dinnae let the door hit you on the way oot num nuts :bye::bye::bye:

machibby
13-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Are his ma and pa going too?:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
13-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I'll go and get the car started

YehButNoBut
13-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Are Rangers going to be left with a team.:greengrin

MrSmith
13-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Forget getting the car started...let the little ****er crawl down the A1 on his hands and knees to get there...after all he's always wanted to play for Boro!

****in little tosser that he is!!!

Bob Box Fish
13-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Little rat but IMO the best player that came out of the golden generation.

Golden Bear
13-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Best of luck Kev.

At the time of his transfer to the Huns he annoyed me as much as anybody else but there's no doubt in my mind that he was extremely naive and badly influenced by the dual evil forces of his agent and I suspect a corrupt journalist.

Anyway, once a Hibby always a Hibby and Kevin is just that.

bighairyfaeleith
13-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Best of luck Kev.

At the time of his transfer to the Huns he annoyed me as much as anybody else but there's no doubt in my mind that he was extremely naive and badly influenced by the dual evil forces of his agent and I suspect a corrupt journalist.

Fair play to you mate, you're more forgiving than me:wink:

Sweep
13-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Will hibs get a % of the selling fee?

Sprouleflyer
13-07-2010, 10:54 AM
According to the sun :greengrin

Hope its true, Glad to see the back of this little rodent, Dinnae let the door hit you on the way oot num nuts :bye::bye::bye:

Did Petrie include a sell on clause? :hmmm:

Sprouleflyer
13-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Will hibs get a % of the selling fee?

Beat me to it, to busy looking for Hmmm smilie :greengrin

Hibstrooper
13-07-2010, 11:17 AM

To be honest I've never seen it. Poor man's Barry Ferguson if you ask me.

Broken Gnome
13-07-2010, 11:42 AM

Even with Rangers' financial situation, the fact they aren't making a profit on him suggests not. As does the fact it's Middlesbrough. Whittaker and Brown would both get better moves for more money, and Fletcher already has done.

Johnny_Leith
13-07-2010, 11:49 AM
He'll get found out in the championship

GreenPJ
13-07-2010, 11:57 AM

I don't think so. Thomson, whatever he may have ended up like as a person was and still is a very talented footballer who always makes himself available for the ball and has a very good passing range. If he can keep himself fit for a couple of seasons he will walk the championship and be the first name on the Scotland team sheet.

Leithenhibby
13-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Best of luck Kev.

Aye, right enough :grr: He caused more grief in the dressing room at that time than anyone :rolleyes:

Perhaps you meant to say "once a to££pot, always a to££pot :greengrin

Johnny_Leith
13-07-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't think so. Thomson, whatever he may have ended up like as a person was and still is a very talented footballer who always makes himself available for the ball and has a very good passing range. If he can keep himself fit for a couple of seasons he will walk the championship and be the first name on the Scotland team sheet.

When Thomson first broke through under Blobby I thought he was going to be a superb player, he was energetic, created attacks, wasn't afraid to get stuck in and looked like a generally all rounded player at the ago of 18/19. I know he spent the best part of a year out of the team injured with that bad injury and imo he's never really recovered from that. He is a good passer of the ball and can retain possession extremely well, however his defensive side of the game is not impressive for a defensive midfielder and when it comes to going forward he no longer seems to have the flair in his play that he did when he was at Hibs but maybe its the role he is being asked to play at Rangers. I think when he left Hibs, in that oh so gracious manner, he should have went down south as he could have been a fair better player, I think he's stagnated at Rangers.

Plus, he's a judas.

M11BMO
13-07-2010, 12:10 PM

I don't think he will.

Look at Gavin Rae, Chris Burke, Charlie Adam, Barry Robson. All Scottish Midfielders who are playing or have played their best football in that League.

--------
13-07-2010, 12:56 PM

Don't think so. The real question is whether he stays fit.

This is a big loss to Rangers, especially at a time when Lennon's bringing decent players to Parkhead. And especially when it appears that there are a fair number of other players set to follow him.

:devil:

Dashing Bob S
13-07-2010, 01:59 PM

This is a big loss to Rangers, especially at a time when Lennon's bringing decent players to Parkhead. And especially when it appears that there are a fair number of other players set to follow him.

Certainly a big loss to Ibrox treatment table. If they have a sugar daddy to lend them 5 mill there's a ready-made replacement at Hearts in Driver. And he's English!

--------
13-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Certainly a big loss to Ibrox treatment table. If they have a sugar daddy to lend them 5 mill there's a ready-made replacement at Hearts in Driver. And he's English!

What WILL those poor physios find to do with their time?

Do you think it would be a good thing for a club already so deep in debt to borrow another 5 mill to buy Driver?

Why don't they sign Bob Malcolm? I think he's available for nothing.... :devil:

sesoim
13-07-2010, 03:44 PM

I don't know what Rangers are playing at. Thet were only meant to be £30M in debt a year ago and they have sold a few players since then. Also, their wage bill is tiny compared to a few years ago and they are in the Champions League again. Why are they still selling players when every point they earn in the Champions League nets them a few hundred thousand? Seems to me like they must have a few other worries they aren't letting on about.

hibbiedon
13-07-2010, 03:48 PM
RATS, SINKING SHIP. why does this spring to mind :bye::bye::bye:

CRAZYHIBBY
13-07-2010, 04:09 PM
whats the chances they start sniffing round our players? smith has said hes looking for a wide man and riordan defo fits the bill

jgl07
13-07-2010, 04:11 PM
whats the chances they start sniffing round our players? smith has said hes looking for a wide man and riordan defo fits the bill
And what will they use to pay?

HibbyAndy
13-07-2010, 04:15 PM

Nade was let go by Hearts :dunno:

sahib
13-07-2010, 04:20 PM
And what will they use to pay?

They have £5 million transfer budget.

At The Edge
13-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Nade was let go by Hearts :dunno:

Smith wants a wide man..not someone who will take up half the pitch :faf:

--------
13-07-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't know what Rangers are playing at. Thet were only meant to be £30M in debt a year ago and they have sold a few players since then. Also, their wage bill is tiny compared to a few years ago and they are in the Champions League again. Why are they still selling players when every point they earn in the Champions League nets them a few hundred thousand? Seems to me like they must have a few other worries they aren't letting on about.

Do you really think so?

I'd be AWFULLY UPSET if that were true. :rolleyes:

seanraff07
13-07-2010, 05:57 PM
If Hartley and Sno didn't get found out in the Championship then Thomson will do fine at Boro.

WindyMiller
13-07-2010, 06:01 PM
whats the chances they start sniffing round our players? smith has said hes looking for a wideo and riordan defo fits the bill

Edited.:greengrin

Hibs On Tour
13-07-2010, 06:06 PM

£12m tax bill that's been mentioned once or twice?... :greengrin

Silversand
13-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Wonder if he's been feeling sick at the thought of wearing a Rangers top lately?

:rolleyes:

essexhibee
13-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Would hate to be a Boro fan, Strachan has basically tried to turn it into Old Firm rejects FC.

Judas Iscariot
13-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Chocolate knees..

A bigger boy in the championship will break him and bum him :agree:

.Sean.
13-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Chocolate knees..

A bigger boy in the championship will break him and bury him :agree:
Fixed.

*** off Thomson, ya greetin'-faced, mummys boy, torn-faced, judas, hun welt.

Wonder if he'll 'walk barefoot' to get to The Riverside?

WellingtonHibby
14-07-2010, 10:00 AM
From Football Rumours:

Rangers midfielder Kevin Thomson will travel to Middlesbrough today for signing talks after personal issues delayed his trip south. (Daily Record)

That'll be him making sure his Ma's new hoose is included in the deal? - its only small y'know:yawn:

Diclonius
14-07-2010, 02:10 PM
That'll be Kenny Miller as my new Hun hate figure then.

Steve20
14-07-2010, 02:21 PM

I don't really hate Kenny Miller to be honest.

My Hun hate figure will still be Kyle Lafferty.

HibbyAndy
14-07-2010, 02:29 PM

Kyle Laughable has to be the biggest ershole in our game, He's a cheating diving hun bassa.

Never forget when he got Mulgrew sent off for a headbutt that was non exsistant!..4million for that piece of shight :bye::bye::bye:

lyonhibs
14-07-2010, 02:30 PM

:agree: :agree:

Difficult to look past that lanky, cowardly streak of pish.

Diclonius
14-07-2010, 02:34 PM

It's more the fact that he seems to always score against us whilst simultaneously being abysmal for Scotland.

Lafferty's also a twat of the highest order.

Expecting Rain
14-07-2010, 02:36 PM
The standard of the Championship isn`t that good, Newcastle strolled it and they were absolutely mince in the EPL,i hate to think how Blackpool will get on, maybe wee Strachan isnae as daft as he looks plundering the bargain basement of Scottish football, my only reservation is why is he buying a team of centre forwards.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2010, 02:57 PM

Always remember, its ok to hate more than one hun. In fact the more the merrier. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
14-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Always remember, its ok to hate more than one hun. In fact the more the merrier. :greengrin

Eleven is a reasonable rule of thumb.

whiskyhibby
14-07-2010, 03:41 PM
:agree: :agree:

Difficult to look past that lanky, cowardly streak of pish.

Couldn't agree more now that Nacho Nesbitt has moved on!!

yekimevol
14-07-2010, 06:54 PM
gd luck kev !!!

hope rod did put a clause or two in the transfer.

hibbytillidie
14-07-2010, 07:56 PM
never a hibby money grabing ******* did you not see hes interview i want to stay at rangers im a rangers
boy.

.Sean.
14-07-2010, 08:17 PM

My new Hun hate figure will be Alan McGregor.

stokesmessiah
14-07-2010, 08:25 PM
The standard of the Championship isn`t that good, Newcastle strolled it and they were absolutely mince in the EPL,i hate to think how Blackpool will get on, maybe wee Strachan isnae as daft as he looks plundering the bargain basement of Scottish football, my only reservation is why is he buying a team of centre forwards.

Please tell me your not serious here???? Its easy saying Newcastle strolled it, but you have not seen their championship side play in the EPL yet again. And the championship is widely renowned for being possibly the most competitive league in Europe !!!!!!!

JCHibby
15-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Is actually a good guy, demanding a pay off from Rangers..... Brilliant!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jim44
15-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Is actually a good guy, demanding a pay off from Rangers..... Brilliant!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's good to see rifts coming between a Rangers player and the club itself, but to be honest, I think this latest twist just sums up the greed and selfishness of Thomson. From his blinkered viewpoint he is trying to make money from a technicality ie. he thinks Rangers should pay him for the last year of his contract. Fine, if they were booting him into an unemployed wilderness. In reality, they are realeasing him from a well paid contract for a shoe-in to a vastly higher paid contract. Ok, there is the inconvenience/financial costs of moving south but taking everthing into account, he should shut up, accept his good fortune and get on with it.

Phil MaGlass
15-07-2010, 09:44 AM
I think its a big plus we play the buns 2nd game into the season, good chance of 3pts there.

.Sean.
15-07-2010, 09:53 AM
I think its a big plus we play the buns 2nd game into the season, good chance of 3pts there.
:agree:

Definately, they're only going to get weaker, plus i'm positive we'll add another few and with this being the likely game when we move into the new East, a great atmosphere is certain and I think we'll do them.

Hamish
15-07-2010, 03:45 PM

Correct. Kevin didn't ask for a transfer, so he's entitled to the money Rangers are due him.

Jim44
15-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Correct. Kevin didn't ask for a transfer, so he's entitled to the money Rangers are due him.

Nah. For God's sake, the poor wee soul's only going to be earning twice his previous wage. If Rangers pay for his flitting and re-carpet and curtain his new house , he's quids in. :greengrin

RickyS
15-07-2010, 04:21 PM

if I was a Boro fan my biggest concern would be that he sanctioned a 600k move for Lee Miller! that lanky streak of piss makes Nish look like Robinho. I said at the time that he was helpin out his mate big fat McGhee.

1875 NO 1
15-07-2010, 06:23 PM
It's good to see rifts coming between a Rangers player and the club itself, but to be honest, I think this latest twist just sums up the greed and selfishness of Thomson. From his blinkered viewpoint he is trying to make money from a technicality ie. he thinks Rangers should pay him for the last year of his contract. Fine, if they were booting him into an unemployed wilderness. In reality, they are realeasing him from a well paid contract for a shoe-in to a vastly higher paid contract. Ok, there is the inconvenience/financial costs of moving south but taking everthing into account, he should shut up, accept his good fortune and get on with it.

standard practice in football, they get paid up before they move on.

1875 NO 1
15-07-2010, 06:25 PM
never a hibby money grabing ******* did you not see hes interview i want to stay at rangers im a rangers
boy.

there is a video on you tube. Hes surronded in union jacks at a hun function, and states i'm at hibs fan.

It would be like you walking into the sadium bar wearing a hibs top and shouting i'm Hibs.

Hamish
15-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Nah. For God's sake, the poor wee soul's only going to be earning twice his previous wage. If Rangers pay for his flitting and re-carpet and curtain his new house , he's quids in. :greengrin

Yeah.
Doesn't matter what he will be earning. We quite rightly criticise players who sign contracts and then halfway through demand a transfer. Kevin hasn't done that. Up to Rangers to pay up his contract

Diclonius
15-07-2010, 06:57 PM
there is a video on you tube. Hes surronded in union jacks at a hun function, and states i'm at hibs fan.

It would be like you walking into the sadium bar wearing a hibs top and shouting i'm Hibs.

Link?

Newhaven
15-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rLGHHOI7cs :confused: