PDA

View Full Version : NHC Spain on plane

(((Fergus)))
12-07-2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJhUz2-_2Ms

CB_NO3
12-07-2010, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJhUz2-_2Ms

I think Pepe Reina has spent to much time in Liverpool jumping about like a mad bevey merchant haha.

seanraff07
12-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Reina's certainly lapping up the attention.. i thought he'd be gutted that he didn't play.:rolleyes:

GB6
12-07-2010, 09:09 PM
:top marks

Didn't understand any of it but still a decent watch :thumbsup:

PaulSmith
12-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Was the win celebrated much in Barcelona?

CropleyWasGod
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM

Yes

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/12/world-cup-2010-spain-celebrates

(((Fergus)))
12-07-2010, 09:35 PM

It was Barca wot won it

HibbyAndy
12-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Good watch :agree:

Musselbound
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/12/world-cup-2010-spain-celebrates

It was Barca wot won it

Yes and no I would say. No denying there were a lot of people in that square but we're talking about a city and metropolitan area with a population of several million. There might have been 100,000 or so in that Square (though I doubt it as Plaça Espanya isn't that big) but compare that with over a million people who were on a march in Barcelona the day before to protest about the current Catalonia/Spain/Independence question and it doesn't seem such a big crowd. I don't think there would've been that many at both events.

Even though Barça played a large part in winning it the reception towards Spain's national team is pretty cold, indifferent or anti in many parts of Barcelona/Catalan society. I watched Spain v Sweden there in the Euros a couple of years ago and there was a lot of what could best be described as indifference. Absolutely no problem to walk into any bar and find a seat. Also, when I lived in Girona four years ago the general level of interest in the WC 2006 was totally underwhelming. There may well be more glory hunters this time but it would be a big mistake to think that a large majority of the Catalan population is revelling in WC glory. Most would definitely rather see Barça win something/anything and there are plenty who will be more annoyed or disappointed than pleased with this result, despite the strong FC Barcelona presence.

Musselbound
12-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Reina's certainly lapping up the attention.. i thought he'd be gutted that he didn't play.:rolleyes:

He seems to be the type that has to be the centre of attention all the time even though he never got a look in during the tournament. He might be the "character" in the dressing room/on the subs bench but I'm afraid he's the last person I'd want to be sitting next to on a flight from SA.:bitchy:

Pretty Boy
13-07-2010, 10:15 AM

About 100 000 out in the streets watching and celebrating. Probably a lot more at home quietly toasting the success the Catalans and Barca player played in the victory.

Earlier that weekend though a protest march against reduced Catalunyan autonomy attracted just under a million people.

That should answer your question.

Hainan Hibs
13-07-2010, 10:23 AM
If I was Reina I'd be jumping about too, if my country had just lifted the World Cup I would be going radio rental and if one of the best if not the best keeper was ahead of me I wouldn't be sitting sulking and greeting away about not playing.

OstKurve Hibs
13-07-2010, 10:32 AM
If I was Reina I'd be jumping about too, if my country had just lifted the World Cup I would be going radio rental and if one of the best if not the best keeper was ahead of me I wouldn't be sitting sulking and greeting away about not playing.

I see your point, but i think it would be crap gettin a medal u havent really earned, and it would takethe shine off it for me.

Spike Mandela
13-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Imagine (I know it's hard:wink:) if it was the Scotland team that had won it.

The plane would have been jumping so much you wouldn't notice any turbulance:greengrin

Si_17
13-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Iker Casillas' bird...:top marks

HibbyRod
13-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Can anyone confirm what the club scarf was that David Villa was wearing at the immediate after-match celebrations?

I think he is from Asturia, and wondered if he was a Sporting Gijon fan? (Or, perhaps, Oviedo....not sure about their club colours?)

Musselbound
13-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Can anyone confirm what the club scarf was that David Villa was wearing at the immediate after-match celebrations?

I think he is from Asturia, and wondered if he was a Sporting Gijon fan? (Or, perhaps, Oviedo....not sure about their club colours?)

:agree: Villa is from Langreo, Asturias and is a Sporting Gijon fan. He started his career there. Last time I saw Oviedo they played in blue but that was some years ago as they really fell from grace a la Leeds or Southampton.

broonie27
13-07-2010, 09:41 PM
... and all of them in cattle class. can you imagine England travelling that way?