PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Bullards move to Celtic falls through

PatHead
12-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Just goes to show Rod Petrie gets it right in doing things quietly rather than following the Tims/Jambos/Aberdeen/Rangers way of doing business then disappointing the fans. It is frustrating whilst we wait though!

M11BMO
12-07-2010, 12:39 PM
But they have signed Juarez.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3049831/Hoops-land-3m-Mex-kid-Juarez.html

Betty Boop
12-07-2010, 01:29 PM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3049831/Hoops-land-3m-Mex-kid-Juarez.html

And Joe Ledley.

BoltonHibee
12-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Just goes to show Rod Petrie gets it right in doing things quietly rather than following the Tims/Jambos/Aberdeen/Rangers way of doing business then disappointing the fans. It is frustrating whilst we wait though!

He is after £100k from Hull. That is the two weeks wages he was fined last season.

Ritchie
12-07-2010, 01:57 PM

i was really impressed with this guy at the World Cup!

would be a great signing for them!! :grr:

Stevie Reid
12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Bullard has gone down massively in my estimation after this, always liked him as a player and seemed a great character too. He must have made loads from the game and was presented with a great opportunity to win trophies and play in Europe for the first time in his career - after all his injury problems to let money come before playing football again, seems very sad indeed.

Ledly will be a very good signing for Celtic imo, and the Mexican seems to be highly rated as well.

Keith_M
12-07-2010, 02:40 PM

Looks like a very good signing, good player and at a good age. TBH, I'm surprised he'd come to Scotland at all but it just goes to show it can still happen.

PatHead
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
The point I was trying to make was really about how we don't do our business in the papers unlike our rivals. Fans must feel let down when x,y or z don't sign. At least that is one thing we don't have to suffer.

On the matter of Celtic making (what appear to be) decent signings it really rubs in the fact they missed the chance to leave Rangers behind for about 10 years by not investing last season. If they had done so and won the league Rangers wouldn't have had CL money and possibly had to go into administration. How sad that would have been and gives me another reason to hate Celtic.

Woody1985
12-07-2010, 02:47 PM
:shocked: How dare he turn down the 'greatest club in the world'.

Like him and big Sol just aren't using Celtic as a way to inflate their wages elsewhere.

M11BMO
12-07-2010, 02:48 PM
:shocked: How dare he turn down the 'greatest club in the world'.

Like him and big Sol just aren't using Celtic as a way to inflate their wages elsewhere.

:agree:

sahib
12-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Bullard has gone down massively in my estimation after this, always liked him as a player and seemed a great character too. He must have made loads from the game and was presented with a great opportunity to win trophies and play in Europe for the first time in his career - after all his injury problems to let money come before playing football again, seems very sad indeed.

Ledly will be a very good signing for Celtic imo, and the Mexican seems to be highly rated as well.

A player has gone DOWN in your estimation by NOT joining Celtic?

You're a Hibs supporter?

Stevie Reid
12-07-2010, 03:09 PM
A player has gone DOWN in your estimation by NOT joining Celtic?

You're a Hibs supporter?

What's your point exactly?

bighairyfaeleith
12-07-2010, 03:26 PM
What's your point exactly?

Surely a player choosing not to join celtic should go up in your estimations:wink:

Stevie Reid
12-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Surely a player choosing not to join celtic should go up in your estimations:wink:

Surely just having an objective opinion on a player not signing for Celtic shouldn't lead to a narrow minded poster questioning my allegiance to Hibs :wink:

Jack
12-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Looks like a very good signing, good player and at a good age. TBH, I'm surprised he'd come to Scotland at all but it just goes to show it can still happen.

He signed for Celtc for one reason and one reason only – cheap and quick way to get himself in the CL and a move to a European club.

The point I was trying to make was really about how we don't do our business in the papers unlike our rivals. Fans must feel let down when x,y or z don't sign. At least that is one thing we don't have to suffer.

On the matter of Celtic making (what appear to be) decent signings it really rubs in the fact they missed the chance to leave Rangers behind for about 10 years by not investing last season. If they had done so and won the league Rangers wouldn't have had CL money and possibly had to go into administration. How sad that would have been and gives me another reason to hate Celtic.

The hierarchy of bigot brothers like to pretend they don’t talk but I’ll bet they're as thick as thieves, the huns go down, out of Europe, Celtc suffer. It really does make you wonder why Celtc didn’t invest doesn’t it? :hmmm:

Beefster
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
He signed for Celtc for one reason and one reason only – cheap and quick way to get himself in the CL and a move to a European club.

He apparently turned down Barca. They play in the CL a wee bit more than Celtic and are definitely a European club.