PDA

View Full Version : Nicky Butt

jonny
11-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has heard that he's training with us. My mate works at East Mains and he said that Butt has been training with Hibs for the past week.

I'm not one for posting rumours but was curious to see if there was any substance in this or if I was probably gettin my chain yanked.

Would be a brilliant addition if he was, played at the highest level for a long time - I think he's about 33 now but would definately do a good job for Hibs IMO.

CropleyWasGod
11-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has heard that he's training with us. My mate works at East Mains and he said that Butt has been training with Hibs for the past week.

I'm not one for posting rumours but was curious to see if there was any substance in this or if I was probably gettin my chain yanked.

Would be a brilliant addition if he was, played at the highest level for a long time - I think he's about 33 now but would definately do a good job for Hibs IMO.

I share your excitement, but it's more likely you're getting your butt nicked.

CapitalHibs
11-07-2010, 10:15 PM
I think he's 35 - probably past it.

500miles
11-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Would be here doing coaching badges I expect.

Baw187
11-07-2010, 10:18 PM
I cannae see it. He could play for a number of clubs in the EPL still.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I cannae see it. He could play for a number of clubs in the EPL still.

The rumour down here is Blackpool are after him. I think he'd struggle in the EPL, although he'd probably give us a good couple of season, but money would be a problem i'd imagine.

Aldo
11-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Would be an excellent addition IMHO. Not got the legs for the EPL IMHO.

Did hear the Blackpool were after him.

Was this not mentioned a few weeks ago after the soccer aid game that someone was being looked at????

3pm
11-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Money doesn't make everyone's world go round. Look at Hearts for instance.

It won't happen.

lyonhibs
11-07-2010, 11:48 PM
I can't see it happening, but he would still absolutely skoosh the SPL.

Monts
12-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Could Liam Miller have given him a wee heads up?

seanraff07
12-07-2010, 02:27 AM
Would be great if it happened but it seems highly unlikely.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Yeah butt, no butt, yeah butt no...............

YehButNoBut
12-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah butt, no butt, yeah butt no...............

You called :wink:

.Sean.
12-07-2010, 08:30 AM
What a signing he'd be, can't see it happening though.

aberhibsfc
12-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Like everyone else, I have no idea whether he is here or not.

He is 35, but still think he can carry on for at least a season if not two but it depends on the level of football he wants to play. EPL will be a real test, SPL will still be a test but one I think he could cope with.

He certainly won't be able to charge around wherever he goes as his legs won't be able to carry him through a season like that.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is his last season in senior football. He is possibly a friend of Miller from their time at Man Utd. The lure of Europe (which Blackpool can't offer) may be a lure. He will have made his pension money, this would be more about pride and maybe trying something new.

He would compliment the team as we are low on defensive midfielders and have been for some time.

He may be up here for some other reason and taking advantage of an earlier pre-season and the
excellent facilities at EM.

I don't know what the situation is.

If it was a possibility, I would welcome Butt to the team. He has played at a high level and could bring some of that experience, reading of the game and defensive qualities.

It's probably just someone at the ham though.

Time will tell.

M11BMO
12-07-2010, 08:35 AM
As much as I would like to for it to happen, I really can't see it.

Just had a quick look on Wikipedia and it says... "However Butt has been offered a chance to carry on his playing career after being offered a contract at Championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Championship) club Preston North End (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_North_End_F.C.)."

Judas Iscariot
12-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Nae chance..

But my mate did hear Zidane was at the training centre though :agree:

Rasta_Hibs
12-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Nae chance..

Been there since the start of pre-season mate! :agree:

.Sean.
12-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Nae chance..

:rotflmao:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-07-2010, 10:48 AM
You called :wink:

You were hovering on this thread just waiting for that....:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

banarc7062
12-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Surely this is part of what being a Hibs supporter is ........dreamin, were always dreamin

ionahibby
12-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Even if it did happen i'm sure the yams will still claim he would be no match for their superman they call kevin kyle :faf:

jgl07
12-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Nae chance..

And he certainly knows about Butts!

Pretty Boy
12-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Nae chance..

What about Jose Antonio Reyes?

His loan deal is taking an age to get sorted.

Don Giovanni
12-07-2010, 12:08 PM
It's probably a nonsense rumour (there again I didn't think we'd bring in Miller or Stokes) but i'm not convinced signing Butt would be a good move. Although He was a quality player in his prime we're fairly well stocked in the middle of the park. I'm not sure he has the legs for it anymore and his injury record is pretty suspect. He'd command a hefty wage as well.

Besides that I'd rather see Spoony progress on his impressive first season and / or Sean Welsh get his opportunity in the middle of the park.

GGTTH

greenlex
12-07-2010, 12:12 PM
I could just see the scrap on the park with him and Stokes. :agree:

HibbyAndy
12-07-2010, 12:16 PM
What about Jose Antonio Reyes?

His loan deal is taking an age to get sorted.

This is nearly a done deal .

Hibs are only paying 5% of his wages, Its a season long loan deal.

Dashing Bob S
12-07-2010, 12:29 PM
If he's in talks with Hibs the Yams will come in with a better offer.

Just to try and butt f$&k us.

McIntosh
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Nicky Butt is in Scotland getting his coaching badges just like Alan sherer did when he was Easter Road, the reports of him being at Easter Road are perfectly possible just completely different reasons.

I'm_cabbaged
12-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Nicky Butt is in Scotland getting his coaching badges just like Alan sherer did when he was Easter Road, the reports of him being at Easter Road are perfectly possible just completely different reasons.

What's you're problem?
What gives you the god given right to shatter peoples illusions with the truth!!!!

:greengrin

MSK
12-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Nicky Butt is in Scotland getting his coaching badges just like Alan sherer did when he was Easter Road, the reports of him being at Easter Road are perfectly possible just completely different reasons.Your way too sensible for this forum ..your oot o yer depth mate ...:greengrin

sambajustice
12-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Either for your A Licence or your Pro Licence I think you have to spend a week at a top flight club in a european league. Something along those lines anyway. Maybe he's doing his week with us!

sesoim
12-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Nae chance..

Yeah, apparently we're going back to the sweeper system of 2000/01, with Zidane stepping back to take over Sauzee's role.

Just for the hell of it, I wonder if any smaller club managers have asked Zidane if he'd fancy coming out of retirement. He seems like the eccentric type who would go for the kind of challenge nobody would expect. Nothing ventured....

heidtheba
13-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah, apparently we're going back to the sweeper system of 2000/01, with Zidane stepping back to take over Sauzee's role.

Just for the hell of it, I wonder if any smaller club managers have asked Zidane if he'd fancy coming out of retirement. He seems like the eccentric type who would go for the kind of challenge nobody would expect. Nothing ventured....

I've often thought that there must be room for trying to get some of these legendary players to come and do some coaching - even if it is part time. Think of the lure to youngsters that would be, I'm sure the thought of getting a couple of weeks with the likes of Zidane once every so often, just to focus on ball skills and technique, would benefit everyone at the club and would add even more great young players to our team.

Speedway
13-07-2010, 10:30 AM
What was the name of that French fitness coach that JC used to employ? Roger De Courcy or something wasn't it?

Steve-O
13-07-2010, 10:33 AM
What was the name of that French fitness coach that JC used to employ? Roger De Corsey or something wasn't it?

Richard Corsie :agree:

aberhibsfc
13-07-2010, 12:00 PM
What was the name of that French fitness coach that JC used to employ? Roger De Courcy or something wasn't it?

Roger Propos, I think.