PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine on Leith - Darlington Civic Theatre

DarlingtonHibee
11-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Just booked up for the show - I know it's been around for a couple of year's anyone seen it ? Can't wait !! :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
11-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Just booked up for the show - I know it's been around for a couple of year's anyone seen it ? Can't wait !! :thumbsup:

It's really good, not really into musicals and all that palaver, but really enjoyed the show.:thumbsup:

jarre1875
11-07-2010, 05:29 PM
yeah, its a cracking night out wi a great song choice to. :greengrin

Eaststand
11-07-2010, 06:08 PM

It's a cracking show, but maybe seeing it it Edinburgh with lots of fellow Hibbies giving it big licks to our 'anthem' was oart of the appeal....but even in the NEast of Engerland you'll still enjoy the show

bighairyfaeleith
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM
It's a cracking show, but maybe seeing it it Edinburgh with lots of fellow Hibbies giving it big licks to our 'anthem' was oart of the appeal....but even in the NEast of Engerland you'll still enjoy the show

TBH seeing it when away from home is probably better, the nostalgia when they talk aboot the walk, the tv and darts repair shop and many other things which are unique to leith would really get you going!!

You'll be ready to drive up to leith as soon as the show finishes:greengrin

blairwallace
11-07-2010, 07:18 PM
i went a few years ago and for a 14 year old at the time i just enjoyed the final song. most songs i didn't really know and im sure some were slightly 'remixed'. great story line but :thumbsup:
sure theres a gag saying "beckham signs for hibs" :faf:

H18sry
15-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Sunshine On Leith starring Billy Boyd. Dundee Rep is excited to be bringing back for it’s third run their award-winning, critically acclaimed musical SUNSHINE ON LEITH, the must see show packed with songs from the TheProclaimers. Written by Stephen Greenhorn, the drama follows the highs and lows of 2 soldiers returning home from Afghanistan. Families, relationships and life in Leith are not all plain sailing in this exceptional love storyabout every day life in Scotland. “capable of wrenching a tear from the bronze statue a top Leith Walk” The List “a show worth walking 500 miles for, if not 500 more” The Guardian “one of the hottest tickets of recent Scottish theatre” The Scotsman 2010 Dates – Tickets on sale now31/8 to 18/9 Dundee Rep Theatre, 21/9 to 25/9 Inverness Eden Court, 28/9 to2/10 Glasgow King’s Theatre, 5/10 to 9/10 Belfast Grand Opera House, 12/10to 16/10 Edinburgh Festival Theatre, 19/10 to 23/10 Aberdeen His Majesty’s,26/10 to 30/10 Southampton The Mayflower, 2/11 to 6/11 Dartford OrchardTheatre, 9/11 to 13/11 Northampton Derngate Theatre, 23/11 to 27/11Darlington Civic Theatre.Further dates for 2011 to be announced

Dashing Bob S
15-07-2010, 06:11 PM
The Yams are outraged and Vlad has already commissioned a leading Lithuanian playwright to produce 'moonshine on Gorgie'.

It follows two lads with Hearts connections, one an middle aged guy from London, the other a happy go lucky scamp from Airdrie who end up in Gorgie, trying to make their way in the world after getting out of prison for sexual offences against children. Sounds like family fun yam-style.