PDA

View Full Version : David Grof

BigBamba
11-07-2010, 01:32 PM
What happened to this guy?
He was once tipped to be a really good goalkeeper, which club is he at now?:confused:

iwasthere1972
11-07-2010, 01:35 PM
According to Wikipedia he doesn't have one.

When he left Hibs he trained with Gillingham.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I cant believe we sign a dud like Brown, and release a decent keeper like Grof.

CapitalHibs
11-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Speaking of missing ex-Hibees - what happened to yon Elias Wagner? Is he still at the PBS?

H18sry
11-07-2010, 02:05 PM

:fishin: :wink:

SRHibs
11-07-2010, 02:06 PM
You can probably find him in a George Street nightclub if he's still in Edinburgh.:agree:

millarco
11-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Heard he was/is on trial at Notts County.

iwasthere1972
11-07-2010, 02:44 PM

Not another drink driving offence. Hope they're lenient with him.

.Sean.
11-07-2010, 04:08 PM
What happened to this guy?
He was once tipped to be a really good goalkeeper, which club is he at now?:confused:
The only person who ever tipped David Grof to be a 'really good goalkeeper' was David Grof.

seanraff07
11-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Not sure if i'm imagining things here but i'm sure i heard that Grof was handed a trial at West Brom when Mowbray was in charge?

oconnors_strip
11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Speaking of missing ex-Hibees - what happened to yon Elias Wagner? Is he still at the PBS?

elias is back home in austria, no sure if he has a club yet. he was out for over a year after breaking his leg.

david has been on trial/training at county, was playing this afternoon in a friendly

Scooter
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Grofy was playing today in a game with notts county

Judas Iscariot
11-07-2010, 04:47 PM
The only person who ever tipped David Grof to be a 'really good goalkeeper' was David Grof.

Really?!

Groffy had the chance to be a EXCELLENT goalkeeper but through a combination of being a very young guy in a unknown country with no real guidance, falling into the wrong crowd and just generally being a daft teenage laddie like we all were, caused him to spoil his time at ER..

These posts come up on here all the time about David an the usual suspects speak up and spout their usual nonsense about him..

He's one of the most genuine and decent guys you can meet!

I hope he screws the nut and knuckles doon at County as there's a ****in good goalie inside that silly heid of his :agree:

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2010, 04:52 PM
It's more evidence of our goalkeeper paranoia that threads keep coming up about a former fourth-pick goalie who played on (poor) League Cup game versus Morton.

marinello59
11-07-2010, 05:10 PM
It's more evidence of our goalkeeper paranoia that threads keep coming up about a former fourth-pick goalie who played on (poor) League Cup game versus Morton.

Careful what you say about Grof. He's behind you.:agree:

Chuckie
11-07-2010, 05:27 PM

He also kept a clean sheet against Barcelona.

Not many keepers can say that.

SRHibs
11-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Don't think Grof necessarily fell into the 'wrong crowd', just acted his age, instead of keeping the head screwed on. Anytime I met him he was always sound as, as were the people he were with.

houston1875
11-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Kicked his ass once at football manager,he was the sheep, my self the yams and DG was the cabbage ;-)
Couldnae compete with ma pace and direct fitba

basehibby
11-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Groffs relative disappearance just goes to show how easy it is for young footballers to fall by the wayside when the first whiff of success goes to their heads.

The same seemed to happen with Darren McCormack last season - first we were all delighted when he turned down Celtic to stay at the Hibees. Next thing he was getting into all sorts of scrapes with his form not that impressive. At least Darren's got another crack of the whip lined up (with Ross County?) - hopefully he screws the nut this time and makes the best of himself.

Oscar Lomax
12-07-2010, 06:46 PM

Grof came with a lot of hype but personally I didnt rate him when I saw him play. Plus he was always in Tiger Lilly or Le Monde getting reeking. He thought he was a superstar.
I like Smith and would make the guy the first choice keeper. I think Yogi will try them all out pre-season, so it's up to them.

Marty-Hibee
12-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Seen on his facebook that he "Didnt concede on his debut for Notts County".

Dunno if hes signed/trialist though

oconnors_strip
12-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Seen on his facebook that he "Didnt concede on his debut for Notts County".

Dunno if hes signed/trialist though

think david is still on trial. seems like he had an ok game, he was the 3rd keeper used though during the 90mins

taken from the notts county site "Notts may have drawn the match if it wasn't for the third goalkeeper of the afternoon, David Grof. Lukas Wuhrer found space in the box and unleashed a stunning half volley, which Grof was equal to with a fine reaction save."

eastmainsmsh
23-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Grof offered deal at notts county as third choice .... seems to have impressed craig short with view of going out on loan

Kevin smith of dundee united also on trial

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-07-2010, 01:47 PM
The Greenock Morton game was a real shocker and a truly inept goal-keeping display. Not that he should be judged on that alone to be fair. The arguement about fans etc not knowing the boy personally and knowing what is really like, is essentially very weak because players have to know that the 90 mins on a Saturday, or the wee snippets in the papers are all the majority of supporters get to see. My opinion, for what it is worth, is that Grof had a touch of the Tam McManus about him in that, playing to the wee lassies at the front of the old east, and his appearance seemed to be top priority. Counter that though, with the fact that if he has the ability to be a keeper, then he will be.

Stantons Angel
23-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Why are so many people so intent on rambling on about a young man who left this club a few years ago.?

Its the same old stuff time and time again. Nothing new so what else do you want to say about him?

He has his own cross to bear and may look back and regret things he did when he was young, the chances he had to prove himself etc etc but Dont we all?

He has worked hard all summer to get another chance and has agreed a contract with Notts Co.
so hopefully he will progress and become the keeper we know he can be.

Lets let him get on with it as its now up to him to prove to himself he can do it.

Newry Hibs
21-03-2011, 08:54 AM
He could well be off to Wembley. Helped Mansfield beat Luton (:brickwall) in the FA Trophy semi http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_conf/9429939.stm

scoopyboy
21-03-2011, 09:23 AM
He could well be off to Wembley. Helped Mansfield beat Luton (:brickwall) in the FA Trophy semi http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_conf/9429939.stm

A learned poster on this board has told me he is playing really well for Mansfield (on loan from Notts County) and may yet salvage his career.

JimBHibees
21-03-2011, 02:16 PM
He was on the Sky's Take it like a Fan show when it was at Notts County and the fan gets to take a pen to try and win some cash.

Stantons Angel
21-03-2011, 04:52 PM
It wouldnt be as bad if we were genuinely interested in the lad's welfare but there is always the chance that there is the "know it all " posters casting forth the same insults time and time again.

David has worked hard and got a contract with Notts County last season. He is now out on loan with Mansfield and is playing really well for them. He is enjoying life down there and has recently been joined by his girlfriend.

He will always be David and do the silly things only he does. Lets give him the chance to get on with his life.:agree:

HibbyAndy
21-03-2011, 04:55 PM
He also kept a clean sheet against Barcelona.

Not many keepers can say that.

Never mind what happened to Groff you my man were my favourite poster :agree:

Catch you for a few drinks soon Neil :cheers:

HNA6
21-03-2011, 04:59 PM
It wouldnt be as bad if we were genuinely interested in the lad's welfare but there is always the chance that there is the "know it all " posters casting forth the same insults time and time again.

David has worked hard and got a contract with Notts County last season. He is now out on loan with Mansfield and is playing really well for them. He is enjoying life down there and has recently been joined by his girlfriend.

He will always be David and do the silly things only he does. Lets give him the chance to get on with his life.:agree:Where about ..?..the posts "casting forth the same insults" were from last year to which you responded to ..from post 26 onwards I cant see any insults ..:confused:

IWasThere2016
21-03-2011, 10:32 PM
A learned poster on this board has told me he is playing really well for Mansfield (on loan from Notts County) and may yet salvage his career.

:cool2:

Destined for bigger and better things it seems :wink: