PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for people to eat humble pie?

darwenhibby
11-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Yogi has stuck to his guns and slowly built a team we can all be serious about.
He now has the commanding centre half with potential to be a star, a quality experienced right back and a midfielder who can pass.

On top of that Hanlon Weatherspoons ect have a further years experience and possibly Deeks and Stokes up front.

It might be time for those on hear who criticised Yogi to look at themselves and show a little faith in the manager.

Admittedly myself I was beginning to lose the faith with two bad derby defeats, DU at home, StJ and Hamilton.

However maybe just maybe he has got it right.

Credit also to Blackpool Hibs for supporting the manager, when others are calling for his head.
You know who you are!!
Blackpool Hibs and I do not see eye to eye on a lot of things, so much that we even refuse to travel in the same car to games and sit in different carriages on the train.
But credit where it is due, he sawe the potential in the manager and might be proved right and others wrong

cocopops1875
11-07-2010, 12:51 PM
tho i kind of agree with you and i have been behind yogi from the off nothing has been proven as yet and seems a bit early to be saying everyone was wrong :agree:

bingo70
11-07-2010, 12:57 PM
He now has the commanding centre half with potential to be a star, a quality experienced right back and a midfielder who can pass.

On top of that Hanlon Weatherspoons ect have a further years experience and possibly Deeks and Stokes up front.

It might be time for those on hear who criticised Yogi to look at themselves and show a little faith in the manager.

Admittedly myself I was beginning to lose the faith with two bad derby defeats, DU at home, StJ and Hamilton.

Credit also to Blackpool Hibs for supporting the manager, when others are calling for his head.
You know who you are!!
Blackpool Hibs and I do not see eye to eye on a lot of things, so much that we even refuse to travel in the same car to games and sit in different carriages on the train.
But credit where it is due, he sawe the potential in the manager and might be proved right and others wrong

I backed Yogi for most of last season, started to get concerned after the motherwell game but overall i was pretty pleased with his first season, however it's far too early for anybody to be saying we were right and others were wrong.

If we have a good season next season then that might be the time for this thread but not after beating Dunfermline in a pre-season friendly

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2010, 12:59 PM

You know who you are!!

It is early days, but you have made some valid points about the younger players being a year on. I think it's too early to judge if we have improved on last season though.

sahib
11-07-2010, 01:01 PM

Tempting fate, springs to mind.

arthurduncan
11-07-2010, 01:02 PM
i thought i had problems with premature ejaculation but you're about 9 months early mate. Just remember we had a team fighting for 2nd well into the new year with one of the best defences in the UK.

The Silver Fox
11-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Something went seriously right up until January, so right that no Hibs manager has had results like it for many years. Something went seriously wrong after that and there is no single thing like a player being left out, a bad injury or any other single reason that I can work out was the cause.

Yogi has a good eye for a player and bubbles over with enthusiasm and if the players buy into that I'm sure they will be off to a flying start. Far too early to call time on Yogi, he is smart enough to know the financial limits of the club and he will encourage the younger players to make themselves a career and if they prove themselves bigger than Hibs so be it and wish them well as they move onto bigger opportunities. They need his help though and would be wise to listen and learn.

Expecting Rain
11-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I`m quite happy to see Yogi in charge, he is an enthusiastic young manager backed by a shrewd chairman but it wsn`t all plain sailing last season and the downward spiral for a substantial part of the season should serve as a warning to many not to get carried away, i`m not tempted by your humble pie at the moment, there should still be players coming and going before the season starts but if the big man produces the balance that a good SPL side needs to be successful and we impose ourselves on Dundee United and Hearts at the top end of the table i`m sure it will taste delicious.:bye:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-07-2010, 01:08 PM
1 pre-season friendly, so far! I hope you turn out to be right though!

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2010, 01:10 PM
i thought i had problems with premature ejaculation but you're about 9 months early mate. Just remember we had a team fighting for 2nd well into the new year with one of the best defences in the UK.

:faf:

berwickhibee
11-07-2010, 01:10 PM
yogi is going about his business quietely and efficiently on the back of a good first season in charge,it wont be for the lack of trying if the big man falls short.

I want hibs competing in the top 3 or 4 every season and competing in semis and finals on a regular basis,yogi has the tools to achieve this.

But as at any football club you have fans wanting different levels of success,some were happy with last season,others weren`t.

Yogi had a good 1st season acheiving 4th place,but the pressure now is to maintain progress and anything less than 4th next season will be viewed as a backwards step.

so a 3rd place finish and a scottish cup final win and you keep your job yogi:thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
11-07-2010, 01:11 PM
In the same way that it's too early to be criticising the new players it's also too early to say yogi has got it right. I hope he does and I'll happily say that towards the end of last season I lost faith in yogi and I shouldn't have!

Not that time yet though

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2010, 01:12 PM
yogi is going about his business quietely and efficiently on the back of a good first season in charge,it wont be for the lack of trying if the big man falls short.

I want hibs competing in the top 3 or 4 every season and competing in semis and finals on a regular basis,yogi has the tools to achieve this.

But as at any football club you have fans wanting different levels of success,some were happy with last season,others weren`t.

Yogi had a good 1st season acheiving 4th place,but the pressure now is to maintain progress and anything less than 4th next season will be viewed as a backwards step.

so a 3rd place finish and a scottish cup final win and you keep your job yogi:thumbsup:

You were doing so well, up until this point. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
11-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I like Yogi and it's looking promising but ask me again in 9 months.

Vini1875
11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Not sure it is time to eat humble pie just yet. This season is a very big one for Yogi to prove that he and his squad can compete for the entire season. The big issue with Yogi which has not been resolved imho is his ability to change a game which is getting away from us and his ability to get the team to close out a game.

When things are going well it is easy to play an unchanged team and have results go your way, however the real test of a manger is whether he can make the right changes when things go against us. In this regard Yogi failed last season. I hope he has learned lessons from it.

I am looking for improvement.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2010, 01:52 PM

You know who you are!!

:faf::faf::top marks Its bad enough being in the same country as you at times, especially when purchasing sexual aids. :devil: By the way did Tommy enjoy his night?

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Wrong to assume this is the final squad as I expect more comings and goings, but I think, overall, we won't have the Feb style disaster for the follwing reasons:

1. Yogi older, wiser, knows the players better.
2. He has a more balanced squad - the need for rb, ch and midfielder has been addressed.
3. The pitch has been redone and hopefully won't disintegrate into a bog like last year, meaning that it should be easier to play the type of game we aspire to play.

I have a feeling that we might not come thundering out the blocks as strongly as last year though, particularly if we're fortunate enough to progress to the Europa group stages and have to fight on two fronts with a threadbare squad.

I think there will be a big interest in Hibs over the next couple of seasons as we are effectively only the third top level Scottish club with a complete new stadium. The ambience will appeal more to younger fans and family groups who will hopefully take the spaces in the FF and West freed up by all us bans coming home to the new east.

SRHibs
11-07-2010, 02:02 PM
I don't think it was his eye for a player that was being questioned. It was his tactical naivety and the amount of pish that he slavered post match that was getting on my wick anyway.
If we can at least replicate what we did last season though, I'll be more than happy.:wink:

Things are definitely looking promising though: improved squad, new stand, new pitch where we can play our flair football properly(:wink:), European football.

Can't wait.:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2010, 02:02 PM
I think there will be a big interest in Hibs over the next couple of seasons as we are effectively only the third top level Scottish club with a complete new stadium. The ambience will appeal more to younger fans and family groups who will hopefully take the spaces in the FF and West freed up by all us bans coming home to the new east.

:cough: Kilmarnock :cough:

mickki40
11-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I think last season a lot of our bad results were down to tactical Naievety on Yogis part, also some players just sitting in the wings getting paid and not fighting enough for the shirt. We won 4-0 Yesterday in a game that IMO we looked crap for the 1st 20 minutes. Murray and Wotherspoon were way too far up the park for my liking and the pars to their credit exploited this. Hibs however then went to a flat back four and we seemed to settle. Maybe Yogi saw this and changed the formation slightly. Whatever prompted the change it worked, I would like to think that Yogi is now thinking more tactically than he was last season. Was also brilliant to see so many young lads getting a run out.Yogis problem may be he will be spoilt for choice, which is a nice problem to have. Loving the new centre back, a calm guy with a big future. If yogi has got bollocks, he will start this young guy ahead of Sol Bamba in the Friendlies as centre back and Sol to Midfield. I think an interesting few weeks of friendlies are to come.

Iggy Pope
11-07-2010, 02:28 PM

Is that Main Stand at Rugby Park a new build FR? Hasn't changed much in appearance in the past 30 odd years to me save some seats in it's old Enclosure

New on all other 3 sides mind.....

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Is that Main Stand at Rugby Park a new build FR? Hasn't changed much in appearance in the past 30 odd years to me save some seats in it's old Enclosure

Sorry, I had been under the impression it was a new build, but on thinking about it it is older than the rest.

St. Johnstone have a "new" build ground (20 years old now), but it isn't as big as Hibs.

Bob Box Fish
11-07-2010, 02:38 PM
It's very early days in terms of season preparation the loss of bamba, stokes or riordan or worse case combination of them would severely weaken our team.

Iggy Pope
11-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Sorry, I had been under the impression it was a new build, but on thinking about it it is older than the rest.

St. Johnstone have a "new" build ground (20 years old now), but it isn't as big as Hibs.

We'll be third behind them and ICT then! Not to mention St Mirren. Make that fourth.

Ah FFS.........

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2010, 02:40 PM
We'll be third behind them and ICT then! Not to mention St Mirren. Make that fourth.

Ah FFS.........

Petrie!!!!! :grr:

RoYO!
11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
I backed Yogi for most of last season, started to get concerned after the motherwell game but overall i was pretty pleased with his first season, however it's far too early for anybody to be saying we were right and others were wrong.

If we have a good season next season then that might be the time for this thread but not after beating Dunfermline in a pre-season friendly

:agree: 100% agree with all this

Sir David Gray
11-07-2010, 02:42 PM
We also beat Dunfermline 4-0 in pre-season last year and ended up having a spectacular collapse from February onwards.

All of the signings that he has made so far are potentially good players for us and I can't really complain with any of the players that he has shipped out. I still feel that we are three or four players away from having a team that is capable of finishing clear in 3rd place.

I won't comment on how we are doing on the back of one game that is effectively a glorified training session and I will reserve judgement until the football starts for real in two and a half weeks' time in our European match.

sesoim
11-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Hughes is pretty decent at signing players - the big question is whether he knows how to organize and get the best out of them. Strangely, I think Hughes would be a better director of football. They are usually a waste of time but Hughes has decent ideas, is good at spotting players and is a good positive guy.

As for the coming season, third place should really be ours next season considering everybody else is downsizing. Folk will always compare Yogi's record to previous managers but really if we have the 3rd biggest playing budget next season we should be aiming for 3rd. I'm not sure if a scraped 4th place with a lot of heavy defeats from wee teams is acceptable again.

tanfield
11-07-2010, 03:08 PM
All very well having better players coming in but their impact is limited if the manager is tactically inept! I'm not convinced with Yogi's ability thus far.

Despite having better players (than Mixu) did the performances really improve? I thought we were lucky in a number of games last season which masked the underlying performances. After all how many games did we truly dominate?

Iggy Pope
11-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I won't comment on how we are doing on the back of one game that is effectively a glorified training session and I will reserve judgement until the football starts for real in two and a half weeks' time in our European match.[/QUOTE]

After so many people puting their feet where their typing fingers should have been in May, when we made Europe after all, that sounds like a wise move

tanfield
11-07-2010, 03:13 PM
All very well having better players coming in but their impact is limited if the manager is tactically inept! I'm not convinced with Yogi's ability thus far.

Despite having better players (than Mixu) did the performances really improve? I thought we were lucky in a number of games last season which masked the underlying performances. After all how many games did we truly dominate?

jonny
11-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Two major bits of bad judgment...Letting Maka go and keeping Hogg in the team..(if he does)

:wtf:

Maka was/is a complete muppet. Absolute bomb scare every time the ball came into the box. He had to go.
Hogg has his scary moments as well but I think he's quite an important player for us (and club captain).

--------
11-07-2010, 03:28 PM

Have Killie not retained their old Main Stand from the 1960's? :cool2:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/kilmar10.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/kilmarnock.htm&usg=__x5amPgMtzHlp2cqoFl3qL3HzAQs=&h=312&w=605&sz=66&hl=en&start=1&itbs=1&tbnid=-tErQ9yJzWPBeM:&tbnh=70&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3DRugby%2BPark%2BKilmarnock%26hl%3Den%2 6safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1

Though it's by no means anything like as bad as certain other main stands I can think of - Pittoddire, Swynie, Murderwell, for example....

Keith_M
11-07-2010, 03:48 PM
It's far too early to make a judgement, positive OR negative, on how the good the team is going to be this season.

I do admire the optimism of yourself and 'Mrs Yogi' though :wink:

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
On 2nd thoughts, i do like the thought of people apologising to me, and eating humble pie.:wink:

Iggy Pope
11-07-2010, 05:34 PM

Ah FFS.........

Petrie!!!!! :grr:

Have Killie not retained their old Main Stand from the 1960's? :cool2:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/kilmar10.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/kilmarnock.htm&usg=__x5amPgMtzHlp2cqoFl3qL3HzAQs=&h=312&w=605&sz=66&hl=en&start=1&itbs=1&tbnid=-tErQ9yJzWPBeM:&tbnh=70&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3DRugby%2BPark%2BKilmarnock%26hl%3Den%2 6safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1

Though it's by no means anything like as bad as certain other main stands I can think of - Pittoddire, Swynie, Murderwell, for example....

Tad late with that observation big man?

BEEJ
11-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Wot he said!

Tempting fate, springs to mind.
And him!

Not sure it is time to eat humble pie just yet. This season is a very big one for Yogi to prove that he and his squad can compete for the entire season. The big issue with Yogi which has not been resolved imho is his ability to change a game which is getting away from us and his ability to get the team to close out a game.

When things are going well it is easy to play an unchanged team and have results go your way, however the real test of a manger is whether he can make the right changes when things go against us. In this regard Yogi failed last season. I hope he has learned lessons from it.

I am looking for improvement.
Spot on! :top marks

We know Yogi can attract good players to the club. It's how he deploys them which will ultimately determine whether he is a success or not.

Eaststand
11-07-2010, 06:03 PM
On 2nd thoughts, i do like the thought of people apologising to me, and eating humble pie.:wink:

BH its way way off topic but what boozers do you recommend for the Sat nite before the friendly in your toon.
Theres a few of us staying in the Glendowie Hotel on Lonsdale Road and will be looking for a bar with decent prices and lots of totty to chat to bud :-)

IWasThere2016
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM

Wot he said!

And him!

Spot on! :top marks

We know Yogi can attract good players to the club. It's how he deploys them which will ultimately determine whether he is a success or not.

:top marks To BEEJ and those quoted - add to that the fitbaw is not good enough with few convicing/decent performances and this has to improve IMHO.

erskine-hibby
11-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Why would I, and many others, eat humble pie at this point in the.....erm....not yet started season??
My points from last season are still valid IMHO.
If Yogi proves this season that he can pick and change a squad when needed, I will gladley have a very large slice, but, up till now, I can't see that happening.

--------
11-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I think you'll find that only Hibs and Rangers have carried out complete stadium rebuilds without outside assistance - local authority involvement, selling the original ground to a supermarket chain t raise the cash, or both.

The modern standard is that all seats should be under a roof, and all four corners of the pitch should be visible without restriction from ever seat in the ground.

That said, IMO the only teams with properly constructed stadia in the SPL are Rangers, Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, and St Mirren. Caledonian Stadium has 2 'temporary ' stands and a main stand build of Lego and left half-finished. Celtic Park has the old main stand (now a museum piece, surely) and a lot of seats with a restricted view. Pittodire, Murderwell and Swynie are slums and should be bulldozed.

I have spoke. :devil:

hibbybrian
11-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Pittodire, Murderwell and Swynie are slums and should be bulldozed.

I have spoke. :devil:

preferably during a match against the OF :greengrin

hibsbollah
11-07-2010, 06:50 PM

You know who you are!!

I like Yogi too, but he's coming off W3 D4 L10 in competitive SPL games.
I like the look of the signings but they've achieved nothing yet.
This is Yogi's big season. We can judge him in about 9 months.

SalfordHibs
11-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I like Yogi too, but he's coming off W3 D4 L10 in competitive SPL games.
I like the look of the signings but they've achieved nothing yet.
This is Yogi's big season. We can judge him in about 9 months.

Exactly i wont be judging him after one pre season game, when the SPL kicks off and we are half way through then i will reserve judgement until that point.

3pm
11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
One other thing for me - he has to beat Hearts. At least twice in my view.

jgl07
11-07-2010, 07:18 PM
I think you'll find that only Hibs and Rangers have carried out complete stadium rebuilds without outside assistance - local authority involvement, selling the original ground to a supermarket chain t raise the cash, or both.

The modern standard is that all seats should be under a roof, and all four corners of the pitch should be visible without restriction from ever seat in the ground.

That said, IMO the only teams with properly constructed stadia in the SPL are Rangers, Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, and St Mirren. Caledonian Stadium has 2 'temporary ' stands and a main stand build of Lego and left half-finished. Celtic Park has the old main stand (now a museum piece, surely) and a lot of seats with a restricted view. Pittodire, Murderwell and Swynie are slums and should be bulldozed.

You could also add that a decent stadium should be designed for those of average and above average build to sit comfortably.

Kilmarnock was clearly designed for legless midgets. They have gone for greater capacity than they are ever likely to need at the expense of comfort.

Dundee United is even worse in the old part of the stand occupied by the visitors.

Aldo
11-07-2010, 07:31 PM
He needs to take a look at his tactics in some games and more importantly getting a BALANCE to the team.

Playing as a team and defending as a team. thats what I want and that comes with a BALANCED team.

Really looking forward to the season starting (EL qualifier) and then away to Well.

greenlex
11-07-2010, 07:35 PM
The humble pie shouldnt be dished up till the end of the season. To whom remains to be seen imo.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2010, 10:34 PM
I cant believe so many of you have bit.:faf:

Hibby 2005
11-07-2010, 11:19 PM

You know who you are!!

I'm guessing this is a wind-up.

We beat Dunfy 4-0 last pre-season too.

basehibby
11-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Hughes is pretty decent at signing players - the big question is whether he knows how to organize and get the best out of them. Strangely, I think Hughes would be a better director of football. They are usually a waste of time but Hughes has decent ideas, is good at spotting players and is a good positive guy.

As for the coming season, third place should really be ours next season considering everybody else is downsizing. Folk will always compare Yogi's record to previous managers but really if we have the 3rd biggest playing budget next season we should be aiming for 3rd. I'm not sure if a scraped 4th place with a lot of heavy defeats from wee teams is acceptable again.

I'm not at all sure that'll be the case - the Yams may have downsized abit but I'm sure they'll still be paying out a ludicrous proportion of their income - even if not 110% of it!
Also, having just splashed out on a new stand I don't think Hughes will have much, if any more to play with than he had last season.

basehibby
11-07-2010, 11:35 PM
I`m quite happy to see Yogi in charge, he is an enthusiastic young manager backed by a shrewd chairman but it wsn`t all plain sailing last season and the downward spiral for a substantial part of the season should serve as a warning to many not to get carried away, i`m not tempted by your humble pie at the moment, there should still be players coming and going before the season starts but if the big man produces the balance that a good SPL side needs to be successful and we impose ourselves on Dundee United and Hearts at the top end of the table i`m sure it will taste delicious.:bye:

:top marks I backed Hughes consistently last season, but that doesn't mean he's got nothing to prove to me. He earned my backing for the WHOLE of last season by getting the team into the position to qualify for Europe in the first place.

Some fans did jump the gun IMO by calling for his head long before the battle was over - whether they'll be eating humble pie or not will depend on how Yogi consolidates in 2010-11. If it comes together as chuchy's outlined I'm sure it will be delicious for one and all :thumbsup:

DH1875
11-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Not me. Always have been 100% behind Yogi and will be for the next season or two. :thumbsup:.

seanraff07
12-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Overall, i have been impressed by Yogi so far as a manager for us.

Although as already stated we shouldn't get carried away as we've only beat Dunfermline in a pre-season friendly.

Well, i have to admit that the first half of the season, is probably the best run i have ever saw from us in the time i have watched Hibs. It's the first time i have ever thought we had a genuine chance of being right in the mix of stuff come the end of the season.

Unfortunately, our results and performances did turn massively during February and i did start to question Yogi's ability to pull the squad together and get them to re-find the form they had earlier in the season.

We never really did get back to how we were playing before despite seeing glimpses of it against Motherwell and Dundee.Utd. But the main thing was that we finished 4th and earned a EL spot.

Personally i don't think you can complain about him, for his first season he done pretty good. First time we reached Europe in 5 years. It has to be said though i haven't really experienced such a downfall either, even though it's a pretty common thing with us.

I think with the additions Yogi has made to the squad so far, we are more than capable of improving from last season. Yes we are bound to lose one or two key players before the transfer window shuts but i have faith in Yogi as i've been pretty impressed so far with the signings he has made this summer and last summer. And i think he is capable of signing good replacements for the players we lose.

If we can find the form we had at the start of last season and carry it further this season then we could well get 3rd place and press either of the OF till the end of the season which i'd be more than happy with. I think one of the problems Hibs have always had is the minute we are on a good run of form with 4 or 5 consecutive wins we get carried away with ourselfs and we then pay the price with 4 or 5 consecutive defeats.

If we can add a bit more consistency to our results, have belief in ourselfs but not get too carried away when on form, then i think it could be another successful season for us and an improvement from last season.

I am 100% behind Yogi and think he's the right man to take us far as a club.:agree:

Beefster
12-07-2010, 06:03 AM

You know who you are!!

Or he might be proved wrong?

This place is truly schizophrenic. We've got players being written off after 45 minutes and yet Hughes is being declared a success after a 4-0 pre-season friendly win against a First Division side.

I don't even think it was a full moon this weekend.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2010, 07:58 AM
We did realy well until mid feb last season, and the nutters had us winning the league. By april the same nutters had us facing relegation. :confused: We made Europe, now we have to do it again. If we do, thats progress. Constant qualification for the europa cup is what we need to do. There will be ups and downs over a season, but when the season ends, if you are in one of those league positions that qualify, its a job well done. As i said doing it constantly is what the next target should be, not all this crap of splitting the old firm. Some folk just need to get real.

bighairyfaeleith
12-07-2010, 07:59 AM
We did realy well until mid feb last season, and the nutters had us winning the league. By april the same nutters had us facing relegation. :confused: We made Europe, now we have to do it again. If we do, thats progress. Constant qualification for the europa cup is what we need to do. There will be ups and downs over a season, but when the season ends, if you are in one of those league positions that qualify, its a job well done. As i said doing it constantly is what the next target should be, not all this crap of splitting the old firm. Some folk just need to get real.

You forgot winning the europa cup this season:greengrin

Yogi better not have forgotten:grr:

Phil D. Rolls
12-07-2010, 09:45 AM
BH its way way off topic but what boozers do you recommend for the Sat nite before the friendly in your toon.
Theres a few of us staying in the Glendowie Hotel on Lonsdale Road and will be looking for a bar with decent prices and lots of totty to chat to bud :-)

Watch out ladies, the high rollers are in town!:greengrin

houston1875
12-07-2010, 09:57 AM
I'll be happy if he doesnae rely so much on his fullbacks to provide the width fir the team and plays players in there correct positions,minor grumbles?

future really does look bright though! What are hibs gonna be like 10 years fae now,we got a huge headstart,I think,on so many other teams in the spl?

judas
12-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Yogi has stuck to his guns and slowly built a team we can all be serious about.He now has the commanding centre half with potential to be a star, a quality experienced right back and a midfielder who can pass.

You know who you are!!

No he hasn't.

Personally, I think Yogi is the weak link at Hibs.

Hope I'm wrong.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2010, 12:11 PM

Just make your way into town, there will be lots of women looking for men to talk to. :greengrin Or if you bat for the other side, there are a few bars for that as well.:wink:

maximushibee
12-07-2010, 02:44 PM

You know who you are!!

Hope your right but we shall see what your reaction is after christmas

Hibs On Tour
12-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Two major bits of bad judgment...Not letting Maka go sooner and keeping Hogg in the team when playing ******..(if he does)

Fixed that for you! :greengrin

hibiedude
12-07-2010, 05:19 PM

Great reply

one friendly game played and some guys think Yogi has sorted out the problems that dogged us the last quarter of the season

priceless

LancsHibs
12-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Rather have a slice of hairy pie:greengrin

soupy
12-07-2010, 05:38 PM
tho i kind of agree with you and i have been behind yogi from the off nothing has been proven as yet and seems a bit early to be saying everyone was wrong :agree:

Same goes here!!:thumbsup:

darwenhibby
13-07-2010, 08:50 PM

You know who you are!!

Dunfermline 0 Hibs 4
QOS 0 Hibs 4

They have done what it says on the tin.
Well Done Hibs
Well Done Yogi
Brilliant Start to Pre Season
Looking Ready For Europe

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Surprised it took you so long after the final whistle to post! Still cannae decide if your OP was a wind up or not though!

Hibby 2005
13-07-2010, 11:50 PM
No he hasn't.

Personally, I think Yogi is the weak link at Hibs.

Hope I'm wrong.

Me too.

Yogi can spot a player, there is no doubting that, however too many times last season he didn't seem to know how to use them in the correct way. Hopefully he's learned from that. If he has then it could be a very good season ahead.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Me too.

Yogi can spot a player, there is no doubting that, however too many times last season he didn't seem to know how to use them in the correct way. Hopefully he's learned from that. If he has then it could be a very good season ahead.

I agree, get rid of him, i'm sick of finishing in these european places, lets get back to normality ASAP.

bighairyfaeleith
14-07-2010, 08:35 AM
I agree, get rid of him, i'm sick of finishing in these european places, lets get back to normality ASAP.

Finally some sense for BH

Keith_M
14-07-2010, 09:05 AM
You could also add that a decent stadium should be designed for those of average and above average build to sit comfortably.

I totally agree. Hibs should add a section where the seats are 50% wider than normal and charge 50% more to sit in them. There should be size checks at the turnstyles and people redirected to the, ahem, "Generously Proportioned" section where appropriate.

This could turn out to be the cure for Scotland's obesity problem, as people would start to baulk at paying more to watch the fitba'.

:greengrin

p.s. Maybe we could extend this also to the guys that insist on sitting with their legs wide apart and taking up 3 seats in the process. If they want 3 seats in order to air their testicles, make them pay for them!!

--------
14-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Dunfermline 0 Hibs 4
QOS 0 Hibs 4

They have done what it says on the tin.
Well Done Hibs
Well Done Yogi
Brilliant Start to Pre Season
Looking Ready For Europe

Pre-season games ARE what it says on the tin - preparation for the serious games that happen AFTER the season starts.

While I'd much rather win these games than lose them, and while 4-0 scores back-to-back are always pleasing, these games mean very little, and beating Dunfermline and Queen of the South, even by that margin, really doesn't confirm that we're ready to take on Europe yet.

I'd really rather not spend next season veering wildly from hysterical self-congratulation to suicidal depression and self-loathing as has proved to be the Hibernian pattern in the recent past. Bit of balance would be nice.

Bi-polarity is a recipe for disaster.... :rolleyes:

Speedway
14-07-2010, 09:39 AM
It should also be considered that anything beyond just qualifying for the group stage of the Europa League will throw Hibs upwards of £1m this year.

Progress would be qualifying for Europe consistently and progressing past the qualifying rounds once we do.

For that, we're gonna need The Gowser.

Baldy Foghorn
14-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Pre-season games ARE what it says on the tin - preparation for the serious games that happen AFTER the season starts.

While I'd much rather win these games than lose them, and while 4-0 scores back-to-back are always pleasing, these games mean very little, and beating Dunfermline and Queen of the South, even by that margin, really doesn't confirm that we're ready to take on Europe yet.

I'd really rather not spend next season veering wildly from hysterical self-congratulation to suicidal depression and self-loathing as has proved to be the Hibernian pattern in the recent past. Bit of balance would be nice.

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Only one or two more to hook Duane. :greengrin:top marks

--------
14-07-2010, 10:02 AM

:top marks

I would also point out that according to the BBC Sport website, Aberdeen are clearly top of the SPL at present, and we're struggling to stay in the top 6, behind the Jambos. :grr:

So we have NO REASON WHATSOEVER for complacency. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
14-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I think it's starting to look good. If we perform well in Holland I think it could be a sign that (with a favourable draw) we can go all the way in the UEFA Cup. However, an early exit would be no disaster as it would allow us to concentrate on the league, securing a CL slot by February.

This would then allow us to dedicate ourselves to winning the Scottish Cup. Providing the other teams don't turn up, there is no reason why the guys cant lay that hoodoo to rest.

That takes us forward to this time next year. The revenue we have generated should be enough to sign at least one old duffer from the Premiership, along the lines of Campbell or Bullard (John Terry maybe?). Again a favourable draw in the CL would see us into the group stages, where plucky performances and the attention focussed on our midfield of Van der Vaart, Terry and Brown would see us commanding 7 figure fees for youngsters like Stolkes and Witherspoon.

Come the January transfer window, we would then have enough money bring back O'Connor, Sproule and Van Zanten. The club would also pay for a free holiday for every fan, and reduce the price of pies at ER to 1973 prices.

I could go further but I'd start to soun silly.

--------
14-07-2010, 10:36 AM
I think it's starting to look good. If we perform well in Holland I think it could be a sign that (with a favourable draw) we can go all the way in the UEFA Cup. However, an early exit would be no disaster as it would allow us to concentrate on the league, securing a CL slot by February.

This would then allow us to dedicate ourselves to winning the Scottish Cup. Providing the other teams don't turn up, there is no reason why the guys cant lay that hoodoo to rest.

That takes us forward to this time next year. The revenue we have generated should be enough to sign at least one old duffer from the Premiership, along the lines of Campbell or Bullard (John Terry maybe?). Again a favourable draw in the CL would see us into the group stages, where plucky performances and the attention focussed on our midfield of Van der Vaart, Terry and Brown would see us commanding 7 figure fees for youngsters like Stolkes and Witherspoon.

Come the January transfer window, we would then have enough money bring back O'Connor, Sproule and Van Zanten. The club would also pay for a free holiday for every fan, and reduce the price of pies at ER to 1973 prices.

I could go further but I'd start to soun silly.

Aye, but would these be your actual 1973 pies, or some cheap modern imitation? :cool2:

darwenhibby
14-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Only one or two more to hook Duane. :greengrin:top marks

I am not trying to hook anyone or play your silly games on here.
Last season we had a fantastic start to preseason even played well against PNE but got beat and more than held our own against two established EPL sides.

The actual season got off to a start that nobody on here could have imagined.
Yogi even said at the time, when we were all dreaming of Champions League that we would hit a bad spell. With due respect the bad spell lasted just aslong as the good spell no one expected.

People soon turned on the manager and as I have previously said credit for you for sticking up for Yogi.

The reason I am behind Yogi here is when he was sitting in the stand during his touchline ban, there seemed to be no panic from Yogi or the Tache, during a very trying time in the season. They knew were the problems lay and to me I think they have addressed the problems within the Hibs budget, with possibly one or two more rabbits to be pulled out the hat like last season in Stokes & Miller.

Perhaps I sound on here a little too optimistic, but come on the rest of Scottish Football is in a mess, we know where we went wrong and hopefully we can learn and progress significantly.

Wind ups NO!!
Optimistic about the new season YES!!

God Bless The Hibs

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I am not trying to hook anyone or play your silly games on here.
Last season we had a fantastic start to preseason even played well against PNE but got beat and more than held our own against two established EPL sides.

The actual season got off to a start that nobody on here could have imagined.
Yogi even said at the time, when we were all dreaming of Champions League that we would hit a bad spell. With due respect the bad spell lasted just aslong as the good spell no one expected.

People soon turned on the manager and as I have previously said credit for you for sticking up for Yogi.
The reason I am behind Yogi here is when he was sitting in the stand during his touchline ban, there seemed to be no panic from Yogi or the Tache, during a very trying time in the season. They knew were the problems lay and to me I think they have addressed the problems within the Hibs budget, with possibly one or two more rabbits to be pulled out the hat like last season in Stokes & Miller.

Perhaps I sound on here a little too optimistic, but come on the rest of Scottish Football is in a mess, we know where we went wrong and hopefully we can learn and progress significantly.

Wind ups NO!!
Optimistic about the new season YES!!

God Bless The Hibs

I am just a visionary Duane.

Stevie Reid
14-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I would never get carried away about pre-season friendlies, as nice as it is to have impressive wins, but I am very optimistic about the new season. To be where we are only 8 years after the fans forums and SUABC taking place to keep us at ER is unbelievable, and we're in Europe and have just had our best league finish since 2006. The new signings seem to be exactly what we need, and if no one else come or goes then I'll be delighted - however, if one of our big names is to go (which will surely happen), I'm fully confident that they will be replaced.

My biggest concern for the new season is when we next go through a sticky patch - from many posters on here there is clearly still a huge appetite for being anti-Hughes, some will be dying to get on his case as soon as possible. I just hope we can start the new season well, for everyone's sake.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I would never get carried away about pre-season friendlies, as nice as it is to have impressive wins, but I am very optimistic about the new season. To be where we are only 8 years after the fans forums and SUABC taking place to keep us at ER is unbelievable, and we're in Europe and have just had our best league finish since 2006. The new signings seem to be exactly what we need, and if no one else come or goes then I'll be delighted - however, if one of our big names is to go (which will surely happen), I'm fully confident that they will be replaced.

My biggest concern for the new season is when we next go through a sticky patch - from many posters on here there is clearly still a huge appetite for being anti-Hughes, some will be dying to get on his case as soon as possible. I just hope we can start the new season well, for everyone's sake.

Thats his biggest problem, shame really.

darwenhibby
14-07-2010, 12:48 PM

And to remember where we were 20 yrs ago and the suffering and crowds of 4 000 ten years before that.

I think some of us have a right to be optimistic about the new season, be it friend or foe or an aquaintance in the the same supporters club.:wink:

Septimus
14-07-2010, 01:01 PM
It is the nature of the beast (the Hibs supporter) to feel optimistic at the start of the season and in every moment of triumph throughout it. It seems early however to be lauding this season's team already.

For me if Hughes brings through some of the undoubted young talent which we have this year he will have done well.

Alex Trager
14-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I'll be eating no humble pie.... i've never once come on and said that we should get rid and have stuck by him and every player all year long and always will

WellingtonHibby
14-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Just make your way into town, there will be lots of women looking for men to talk to. :greengrin Or if you bat for the other side, there are a few bars for that as well.:wink:

Garry Knows the scene like the back of his hand...

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2010, 02:49 PM
[/B]

Garry Knows the scene like the back of his hand...

hahaha, never been confused as Al Murray would say. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Even Boltonhibs has been excited about our start, he's talking about cutting his holiday in portugal short, just so he does not miss a minute of Yogi's 2nd season. :thumbsup:

Aubenas
14-07-2010, 02:54 PM
and reduce the price of pies at ER to 1973 prices.

Trouble is, the 1973 pies weren't Hibs class, they were the wrong colour and weren't as tall as other pies. Additionally, they were too far away from the pitch. :grr:

darwenhibby
14-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Even Boltonhibs has been excited about our start, he's talking about cutting his holiday in portugal short, just so he does not miss a minute of Yogi's 2nd season. :thumbsup:

He certainly is Blackpool Hibs.
He cannot contain himself at all.
But then again whats new

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2010, 04:24 PM
He certainly is Blackpool Hibs.
He cannot contain himself at all.
But then again whats new

That has been one of his problems Duane. :agree:

Kaiser1962
14-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Trouble is, the 1973 pies weren't Hibs class, they were the wrong colour and weren't as tall as other pies. Additionally, they were too far away from the pitch. :grr:

I remember the 1973 pies as being things of culinary delight.

Probably why I'm a fat barsteward now.

BEEJ
15-07-2010, 05:41 AM
"Sticky patch" is not how I would describe that wretched series of matches from mid-February to the start of May. :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
15-07-2010, 07:17 AM
"Sticky patch" is not how I would describe that wretched series of matches from mid-February to the start of May. :cool2:

It's kind of like describing the Grand Canyon as a pot hole, or Raoul Moat as a wee bit of a radge. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Just thought i'd save some of you the trouble of finding this. :faf:

Phil D. Rolls
16-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Just thought i'd save some of you the trouble of finding this. :faf:

Ja ik heb humbel pij eeten. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2010, 11:04 PM

Nope, nae idea. :greengrin

Keith_M
17-07-2010, 05:00 AM

Nope, nae idea. :greengrin

I wouldn't worry about it, sounds like he's in an Amsterdam coffee shop....

:wink:

darwenhibby
17-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Ok way lost 3-0 last night.
No need to get carried away with a friendly

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2010, 08:59 AM

Exactly Duane, some people eh?

hibs0666
17-07-2010, 12:40 PM

You started it. :wink:

darwenhibby
17-07-2010, 10:26 PM
You started it. :wink:

I know, maybe I should have said that we are ready to take on the domestic league.
The European friendly perhaps a benchmarkof where we need to be.
We matched the lower EPL teams last year and I think we could match them on a regular basis because of the potential size of the club.

Confident we will perform better in the next games in Holland.

I think we can beat Blackpool on the 8th August still be in a good position to tackle the group stages of the Europa League.

From there on we are reaching more mid to long term targets as opposed to short to medium term contracts.

As i have said previously we are moving in the right direction under the current infrastructure.

A good Hibby at the Helmn
C'mon Hibs
C'mon Yogi

darwenhibby
19-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Well Done to Yogi!! Hope you win the cup:flag: