Diclonius
11-07-2010, 01:16 AM
What time is it at?

CallumLaidlaw
11-07-2010, 07:54 AM
12pm iirc

bob12345
11-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Does someone have the renewed list of who we can face (after the previous rounds ties)?

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Where can I watch / listen to it ?

Ed De Gramo
11-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Where can I watch / listen to it ?

It'll be on UEFA.com :agree:

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Does someone have the renewed list of who we can face (after the previous rounds ties)?

What we really need is a list of the current round ties.

Jamesie
11-07-2010, 01:52 PM
What we really need is a list of the current round ties.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/matches/index.html

How many other teams enter into the third qualifying stage like ourselves, and do we know who they are?

Ed De Gramo
11-07-2010, 01:54 PM
http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/matches/index.html

How many other teams enter into the third qualifying stage like ourselves, and do we know who they are?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_UEFA_Europa_League#Third_qualifying_round

Tells you what teams are there

PaulSmith
11-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Am I right in thinking then on Friday it'll be a case of Hibs v X or Y and we'll not actually know until the 2nd round ties are settle on the 22nd, which could potentially only leave us with 7 days to book up for the away leg.

Ach, a bit of a nightmare there if true. Might need to hope and pray that we make it into the next round then

bingo70
11-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Am I right in thinking then on Friday it'll be a case of Hibs v X or Y and we'll not actually know until the 2nd round ties are settle on the 22nd, which could potentially only leave us with 7 days to book up for the away leg.

Ach, a bit of a nightmare there if true. Might need to hope and pray that we make it into the next round then

Pretty certain that is the case but we should have a fair guess of who we'll be playing after the first leg.

Iggy Pope
11-07-2010, 02:35 PM

It is a nightmare and it is the way it's going to turn out. Yogi was in the press yesterday saying they would have their opponents watched on the 22nd so it can only mean either or.
Gonna be a busy couple of days on the 22nd / 23rd :bsod:

Sir David Gray
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
We could face;

Kalmar (Sweden)/Dacia (Moldova)
Luzern (Switzerland)
Lausanne Sport (Switzerland)/Borac Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Cercle Brugge (Belgium)/TPS Turku (Finland)
Nordsjaelland (Denmark)
Bnei Yehuda (Israel)/Shamrock Rovers (Ireland)
Stabaek (Norway)/Dnepr Mogilev (Belarus)
Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia)
Ventspils (Latvia)/Teteks (Macedonia)
Molde (Norway)/Jelgava (Latvia)
Beroe Stara Zagora (Bulgaria)
Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic)
Jablonec (Czech Republic)
Goteburg (Sweden)
Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel)/Mogren (Montenegro)
Apollon (Cyprus)
Alesund (Norway)
Hajduk Split (Croatia)
Dukla Banska Bystrika (Slovakia)/Zestaponi (Georgia)
Rabotnicki (Macedonia)/Mika (Armenia)
Inter Turku (Finland)
Honka (Finland)/Bangor City (Wales)
MYPA (Finland)/UE Sant Julia (Andorra)
Maribor (Slovenia)/Videoton (Hungary)
Gefle (Sweden)/Dinamo Tbilisi (Georgia)
Dinamo Minsk (Belarus)/Sillamae Kalev (Estonia)
OFK Belgrade (Serbia)/Torpedo Zhodino (Belarus)
Spartak Zlatibor Voda (Serbia)/Differdange (Luxembourg)
Zrinjski (Bosnia and Herzegovina)/Tre Penne (San Marino)
Baku (Azerbaijan)/Budocnost Podgorica (Montenegro)
Qarabag (Azerbaijan)/Portadown (Northern Ireland)
Jagiellonia Bialystok (Poland)
Ruch Chorzow (Poland)/Valletta (Malta)
Cibalia (Croatia)/Cliftonville (Northern Ireland)
Gyori ETO (Hungary)/Atyrau (Kazakhstan)

Winston Ingram
12-07-2010, 11:05 AM
We could face;

Kalmar (Sweden)/Dacia (Moldova)
Luzern (Switzerland)
Lausanne Sport (Switzerland)/Borac Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Cercle Brugge (Belgium)/TPS Turku (Finland)
Nordsjaelland (Denmark)
Bnei Yehuda (Israel)/Shamrock Rovers (Ireland)
Stabaek (Norway)/Dnepr Mogilev (Belarus)
Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia)
Ventspils (Latvia)/Teteks (Macedonia)
Molde (Norway)/Jelgava (Latvia)
Beroe Stara Zagora (Bulgaria)
Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic)
Jablonec (Czech Republic)
Goteburg (Sweden)
Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel)/Mogren (Montenegro)
Apollon (Cyprus)
Alesund (Norway)
Hajduk Split (Croatia)
Dukla Banska Bystrika (Slovakia)/Zestaponi (Georgia)
Rabotnicki (Macedonia)/Mika (Armenia)
Inter Turku (Finland)
Honka (Finland)/Bangor City (Wales)
MYPA (Finland)/UE Sant Julia (Andorra)
Maribor (Slovenia)/Videoton (Hungary)
Gefle (Sweden)/Dinamo Tbilisi (Georgia)
Dinamo Minsk (Belarus)/Sillamae Kalev (Estonia)
OFK Belgrade (Serbia)/Torpedo Zhodino (Belarus)
Spartak Zlatibor Voda (Serbia)/Differdange (Luxembourg)
Zrinjski (Bosnia and Herzegovina)/Tre Penne (San Marino)
Baku (Azerbaijan)/Budocnost Podgorica (Montenegro)
Qarabag (Azerbaijan)/Portadown (Northern Ireland)
Jagiellonia Bialystok (Poland)
Ruch Chorzow (Poland)/Valletta (Malta)
Cibalia (Croatia)/Cliftonville (Northern Ireland)
Gyori ETO (Hungary)/Atyrau (Kazakhstan)

Videoton please:greengrin

SneakersO'Toole
12-07-2010, 12:02 PM

It also means that prices will sky rocket because the ability to book flights etc immediately after the draw is made is gone, meaning airlines will hike their prices as they always do for these type of things.

Even if one team is looking likely to go through based on the 1st leg result, is anyone willing to gamble booking until the destination is confirmed. I certainly wouldn't.

Jamesie
12-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Don't forget the practicalities for some of these places. A Belarussian visa - on their 48 hour expedited visa process - is £113, plus you're going to have to rustle up an "official invitation" from a tour agency before you can do so.

Azerbaijan is also a nightmare - the Welsh national side almost couldn't fulfil a fixture there last year because of the visa red tape - although I see you can now purchase one at the airport on arrival for $101 if holding a UK passport.

Presumably there is no geographical split and we could get a team from the British Isles? Any other trip will be mega expensive given the timings I think.

jgl07
12-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Don't forget the practicalities for some of these places. A Belarussian visa - on their 48 hour expedited visa process - is £113, plus you're going to have to rustle up an "official invitation" from a tour agency before you can do so.

Azerbaijan is also a nightmare - the Welsh national side almost couldn't fulfil a fixture there last year because of the visa red tape - although I see you can now purchase one at the airport on arrival for $101 if holding a UK passport.

Presumably there is no geographical split and we could get a team from the British Isles? Any other trip will be mega expensive given the timings I think.
Correct. The zoning system that operated in previous seasons has now gone.

That always seemed to ensure Hibs were paired with a team in the middle of there season as most of the leagues in the Northern Zone play in the summer.

Jamesie
12-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Two clubs are of particular interest in that lot:

FK Qarabag - play in the Azerbaijan Premier League and it looks like they're now allowed to play their games in the disputed city of Agdam, a relic of the Armenia-Azerbajian conflict of the early 1990s and which is effetively a ghost town:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FK_Qaraba%C4%9F
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agdam

Special dispensation is needed to travel to this town from the authorities although I don't see anything suggesting UEFA make them play their games in the capital, Baku. I reckon it could be a bit tight on the visa front if the game was to indeed take place in Agdam - anyone know any Portadown supporters who might be making the journey?

FC Atyrau - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Atyrau - this Kazakh side is only really of interest due to it being the furthest east the draw could take us - Atyrau may be known to any Hibby oil workers as it is a big oil city and is further east than Baghdad, just about as far east as Dubai actually. Visas wouldn't be a problem - the Kazakhs have a consulate in Aberdeen and I received my tourist visa within 48 hours of applying for it earlier this year.