PDA

View Full Version : Riordan and Stokes up front...

matty_f
10-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Yes please!

Thought we looked much, much more dangerous in the second half with Stokes and Deek than we did first half with Nish and Deek.

I hope we manage to hold onto them both, because as a forward pairing there is huge potential there.:thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Yes please!

Thought we looked much, much more dangerous in the second half with Stokes and Deek than we did first half with Nish and Deek.

I hope we manage to hold onto them both, because as a forward pairing there is huge potential there.:thumbsup:

I recall many calls for 4-4-2 and these two up front last season

MyJo
10-07-2010, 10:47 PM

There were also many calls for a right back, experience and height in the team and these have been address this summer when the opportunity presented itself........maybe the opportunity has presented itself to have Riordan used as a striker with others coming into the team to fill in at left midfield? Wotherspoon now that we have a right back :hmmm:

matty_f
10-07-2010, 10:50 PM

I was amongst those calling for it, whilst acknowledging that having Deek out on the left was probably borne more from necessity than preference.

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 10:52 PM
I was amongst those calling for it, whilst acknowledging that having Deek out on the left was probably borne more from necessity than preference.

We'd Galbraith though - winner at Darkhepd then barely selected :confused:

matty_f
10-07-2010, 11:00 PM
We'd Galbraith though - winner at Darkhepd then barely selected :confused:

Galbraith did alright in other games, but he wasn't (IMHO) ready to be playing left midfield as a regular starter in that team. Scoring a winner in the last minute at Darkheid shouldn't be a reason to give someone a regular start, that should be earned through performances in training and by making an impact regularly when given the chance.