PDA

View Full Version : Last Year's Under 19's

BSEJVT
10-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Sorry,

Been away so might have missed it.

After offering senior contracts to 8? of the previous years Under 19's can anyone let me know what happened with this year's batch please?

I know that some of them were young enough to have another year at this level, but were any freed and any offered senior contracts like last years 8?

Thanks

oconnors_strip
10-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Scott Taggart has signed a 2 year deal and will be part of the 1st team set up http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100629/taggart-targets-further-progress_2262950_2080348

Scott Smith also signed a 2 year contract but he is also eligible to play at under 19 level this season.

the ones who got released/let go are Aaron Chalmers, Keith Murray, David Love, Matty Welch, Thomas McCready, Fergus Bell and Lewis Graham

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2010, 08:24 PM
the ones who got released/let go are Aaron Chalmers, Keith Murray, David Love, Matty Welch, Thomas McCready, Fergus Bell and Lewis Graham

Surprising, the above were highly rated.

Sir David Gray
10-07-2010, 08:38 PM

:agree: Particularly with McCready as he only signed from Everton less than a year ago. I've not seen any of the u19's so I'm quite happy to trust the judgement of the coaching staff.

oconnors_strip
10-07-2010, 08:45 PM

i was surprised about fergus bell as he has shown great potential over the past 2 years, he scored 7 goals last season despite being out injured with a broken leg for 4 months, but not about the others. its hard for youngsters at this stage, especially with no reserve league:grr:

.Sean.
11-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Boothy played for Brechin City yesterday in their 4-0 win over Stirling.

BSEJVT
11-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks for that.

I didnt think there were near as many as the year before and 1 or 2 is more like back to normal.

Were Matty Welch & Lewis Graham both from Wallsend Boys Club initially?

Winston Ingram
11-07-2010, 09:12 AM
I saw Bell a couple of times last year and I wasn't to impressed to be honest

Was McCready not the boy we got from Everton?

IIRC Booth was not one of the 7 that got a contract last year so I'm assuming he's been given one now?

.Sean.
11-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I saw him a couple of times last year and I wasn't to impressed to be honest

Was McCready not the boy we got from Everton?

IIRC Booth was not one of the 7 that got a contract last year so I'm assuming he's been given one now?
Yes, he's on loan at Brechin for six months though.

offshorehibby
11-07-2010, 09:26 AM
It's the old story, we can't keep everyone. There will be U16 & U17 stepping up every year. The ones with the potential to break into the first team squad will be kept.

MSK
11-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Scott Taggart has signed a 2 year deal and will be part of the 1st team set up http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100629/taggart-targets-further-progress_2262950_2080348

Scott Smith also signed a 2 year contract but he is also eligible to play at under 19 level this season.

the ones who got released/let go are Aaron Chalmers, Keith Murray, David Love, Matty Welch, Thomas McCready, Fergus Bell and Lewis GrahamDavid Love has joined his local club Boness...

BEEJ
11-07-2010, 10:11 AM
A new name appeared in the first team squad yesterday - young Horner from the U-19s came on as a substitute towards the end of the game.

Can we expect him to be the next candidate for promotion?

down-the-slope
11-07-2010, 11:17 AM
its always amazing how some progress right the way through the ages and yet can't make the step up to playing where the age / experience is mixed (reserve / first team) and others who have been less spectacular but decent suddenly make a spurt in terms of skill / maturity / physical stature that allows them to blossom.......very difficult job which without reserve football is even harder to judge how they will perform playing with guys up to almost twice their age / experience

oconnors_strip
11-07-2010, 04:40 PM
A new name appeared in the first team squad yesterday - young Horner from the U-19s came on as a substitute towards the end of the game.

Can we expect him to be the next candidate for promotion?

imo i dont think lewi will be the next candidate, but he has a full season at under 19 level to improve and gain more experience by training with the 1st team more.

seanraff07
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Heard a lot of Bell and McCready signed not too long ago so i'm surprised by they two.

Danderhall Hibs
12-07-2010, 09:11 AM
its hard for youngsters at this stage, especially with no reserve league:grr:

:agree: Something needs done about this - there needs to be some structure. If teams can't afford it and want to opt out let them.

Could we enter an under-21/reserve team in the East of Scotland leagues?

MSK
12-07-2010, 09:14 AM
:agree: Something needs done about this - there needs to be some structure. If teams can't afford it and want to opt out let them.

Could we enter an under-21/reserve team in the East of Scotland leagues?I think Berwick Rangers entered a youth team in the East of Scotland league ..:agree:

Reserves elected

Friday 11th June 2010

to East of Scotland League. Annual General Meeting News
Following a presentation from Berwick representatives to the AGM, Berwick Rangers reserves were elected to the First Division for 2010-11. All of the games will be played on the main stadium pitch at Shielfield Park. In addition to the Central Taxis First Division, the Reserves will also compete in the King Cup and League Cup tournaments.

Seanair
12-07-2010, 04:52 PM

Could we enter an under-21/reserve team in the East of Scotland leagues?

Many years ago Hibs had a team in the East of Scotland League. it was a great day when you checked the results in the "stop press" of the pink News or the green Dispatch and all 3 Hibs teams had won.
The reserves were the "A" team and the E of S team were Hibs "B".

Can't see why it shouldn't happen again, to bring on the young lads instead of letting them go. Get it sorted Petrie!

PS It was an even better day if Duntocher Hibs won as well ! I didn't have a clue where Duntocher was, but they had Hibs in their name and that was good enough for me.....