pedroorange1875
10-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Hope he was just rusty, dodgy at best

Mikey
10-07-2010, 05:14 PM
:rolleyes:

Diclonius
10-07-2010, 05:15 PM
The season's just started, mate. Leave off.

pedroorange1875
10-07-2010, 05:17 PM
:rolleyes:

yip agree that summed up his performance

Gala Foxes
10-07-2010, 05:19 PM
first game, give him a chance - however agree looked dodgy at 3 crosses

HibbyAndy
10-07-2010, 05:20 PM
yip agree that summed up his performance

I wasnt at the game today so i cant comment, But didnt he only play 45 minutes?.. Surely he couldnt have been that bad in only one half..Even then its only the 1st game of preseason, Lets take the positives out todays game rather than questioning our fairly new goalkeeper.

Westie1875
10-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Was Stack there today, is he injured again?

pedroorange1875
10-07-2010, 05:23 PM
does say in original post i hope he is just rusty, not slating the boy

BT58
10-07-2010, 05:24 PM
the whole reason for friendlies are so that the team can meld together,
brown never played at all for us last season, new team, new mates etc
it takes time for players to settle, spoony did well to hack one off the line,but as ive said
thats what friendlies are for,,,,,,,,,,btw i forgot, now,what was the score,yip, 4 zip
all 3 goalies will be given time, its up to them and JH to handle it
b

Baldy Foghorn
10-07-2010, 05:26 PM

Harsh, it was the first Friendly off the Season.......:grr::grr:

ScottB
10-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Today was his first game in how long exactly? A year?

No wonder he's a bit 'rusty' lets not start the keeper slating yet!

Pretty Boy
10-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I love this place sometimes. We have just had a comfortable 4-0 win against a decent 1st division team in our first friendly and what do we get:

A thread questioning our goalkeeper who was playing in his first game in over a year behind a team that was playing it's first game in over a month.

Someone on another thread stating that Michael Hart has a lot of work to do if he is to get into the 1st team. This is based on half a game with his new team mates only 3 days after signing.

A few comments about De Graaf looking dodgy, uncomfortable on the ball etc etc

Good to see a new season hasn't changed the inability to look at the bigger picture too much.

Big Frank
10-07-2010, 05:50 PM

Guff.

lucky
10-07-2010, 05:55 PM
He had nothing to do. He could have came for a couple crosses but I thought he was fine.

--------
10-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I love this place sometimes. We have just had a comfortable 4-0 win against a decent 1st division team in our first friendly and what do we get:

A thread questioning our goalkeeper who was playing in his first game in over a year behind a team that was playing it's first game in over a month.

Someone on another thread stating that Michael Hart has a lot of work to do if he is to get into the 1st team. This is based on half a game with his new team mates only 3 days after signing.

Good to see a new season hasn't changed the inability to look at the bigger picture too much.

:agree:

Totally agree.

And there was me well-pleased with a 4-0 scoreline and impressed with a wee scope at the new stand looking imposing and impressive and nearly, NEARLY finished and thinking things might just finally be coming together for us with 2/3 decent signings already and a month and a half of the transfer window to go....

Silly, silly me. :bitchy:

Hank Schrader
10-07-2010, 08:42 PM

Great post. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but FFS some opinions leave you questioning how much certain posters actually know about football. This thread is nothing more than reactionery pish. Brown played a decent game I thought. De Graaf didn't put a foot wrong but didn't do anything spectacular and as for Hart, he did okay but looks short of a yard of pace.

There is just no pleasing some people.:rolleyes:

stevensons-fan
10-07-2010, 08:44 PM
He had nothing to do. He could have came for a couple crosses but I thought he was fine.

Agree, I don't understand how he was rusty? He looked fine to me in the 45mins he played :confused:

Dashing Bob S
10-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Unacceptable. If he was Yam he'd have cost us two World Wars.

I'm stunned it took as long as twenty minutes after the first friendly of the season to start a thread slating a debutant keeper. Signs of growing maturity and perspective regarding goalkeeping.

Matty_Jack04
10-07-2010, 08:53 PM
we are at a stage now that every goalkeeper is getting scrutinised (Sp) because of the errors of past goalies...fans and media...and yams!

maybe if we start giving the guys with the gloves some faith they will be less inclined to think 'uh oh im the hibs goalie i better not make the slightest mistake'

sometimes you get told id hate to manage hibs, but id rather have that job than be the goalie thats for sure

mark brown hardly had a sniff at celtic got injured early on after joining us .. i think we would all agree he looked a capable goalie at ICT so lets give the guy a break and some support. :notworthy:

rant over.

--------
10-07-2010, 08:55 PM
we are at a stage now that every goalkeeper is getting scrutinised (Sp) because of the errors of past goalies...fans and media...and yams!

maybe if we start giving the guys with the gloves some faith they will be less inclined to think 'uh oh im the hibs goalie i better not make the slightest mistake'

sometimes you get told id hate to manage hibs, but id rather have that job than be the goalie thats for sure

mark brown hardly had a sniff at celtic got injured early on after joining us .. i think we would all agree he looked a capable goalie at ICT so lets give the guy a break and some support. :notworthy:

rant over.

Exactly. :agree:

pedroorange1875
10-07-2010, 11:48 PM
the absolute massive over reaction to a statement saying i hope he is just rusty is pathetic. Lots of sensitive wee souls on here. I can give you a detailed essay on why i hope he is just rusty and know a fair bit about the game, also including the fact that i know he was a good keeper at ICT hence the "rusty" statement. You dont need to be playing with a team a long time to know when to come for a cross, or to be far to slow and hesitant to move to the back post and clatter into your opponent (and spoony).

The long prose about stand, scorelines, signings is ridiculous in trying to argue that i am not happy. But hey lets not have an opinion get in the way of the forum, i just go to the games and shut up then. For people to say in 45 minutes he did ok then thats there opinion, not mine from the game i was watching.

Sorry if i have deeply upset someone. :yawn:

Zondervan
11-07-2010, 01:05 AM
So Pedro, as you know so much about the goalkeeping game, who should be in possession of the number 1 jersey this season? Detailed reasoning please.Ta.

Steve20
11-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Mark Brown had a fine match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sahib
11-07-2010, 06:42 AM
the absolute massive over reaction to a statement saying i hope he is just rusty is pathetic. Lots of sensitive wee souls on here. I can give you a detailed essay on why i hope he is just rusty and know a fair bit about the game, also including the fact that i know he was a good keeper at ICT hence the "rusty" statement. You dont need to be playing with a team a long time to know when to come for a cross, or to be far to slow and hesitant to move to the back post and clatter into your opponent (and spoony).

The long prose about stand, scorelines, signings is ridiculous in trying to argue that i am not happy. But hey lets not have an opinion get in the way of the forum, i just go to the games and shut up then. For people to say in 45 minutes he did ok then thats there opinion, not mine from the game i was watching.

I wasn't at the game, so I don't have an opinion on Brown's performance but I can't see anything wrong with your comments. People are full of new season enthusiasm and hope and don't take kindly to any hint of negativity. I got a bit of stick for not being all that impressed by Kerr and O'Brien, a few seasons back.

Beefster
11-07-2010, 06:57 AM

There is occasionally a post on here that makes me despair about some of my fellow fans and if they really want the best for Hibs. This is one of them.

Until we, as a support, start accepting that, like every single outfield player, that a keeper will make mistakes then every single goalkeeper will be classed as a failure.

hibbill2002
11-07-2010, 07:10 AM

I remember posting the same after Mikey Stewarts 1st game ...and I was right he was rusty:smug:

Sandy
11-07-2010, 07:21 AM
There is occasionally a post on here that makes me despair about some of my fellow fans and if they really want the best for Hibs. This is one of them.

Until we, as a support, start accepting that, like every single outfield player, that a keeper will make mistakes then every single goalkeeper will be classed as a failure.

About sums it up for me :top marks

Hibbyradge
11-07-2010, 08:01 AM

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, Pedro, but I'm not surprised that people are having a go, tbh.

You deliberately started a thread to critisise one of our keepers after his first 45 minutes for Hibs in a game which we won and kept a clean sheet.

In a scant 8 words you wrote off his performance and questioned his suitability to keep goal for Hibs in future.

Hoping a player is "just rusty" implies he's not just rusty and "Dodgy at best" is a scathing, dismissive remark. Utterly critical and negative comments.

This may not have been your intention, but that's been the effect and your subsequent remarks on the thread have done nothing to correct that perception.

Why say that?

That kind of petulent remark hardly helps your argument.

bighairyfaeleith
11-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Lets be honest here guys, we only managed to beat a really **** dunfermline side 4-0 yesterday. I don't blame the goalie, Hughes put his side out there and we should have been hitting double figures. I reckon hughes should walk for this one, final straw for me!!!:grr:

RoYO!
11-07-2010, 08:29 AM
You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, Pedro, but I'm not surprised that people are having a go, tbh.

You deliberately started a thread to critisise one of our keepers after his first 45 minutes for Hibs in a game which we won and kept a clean sheet.

In a scant 8 words you wrote off his performance and questioned his suitability to keep goal for Hibs in future.

Hoping a player is "just rusty" implies he's not just rusty and "Dodgy at best" is a scathing, dismissive remark. Utterly critical and negative comments.

This may not have been your intention, but that's been the effect and your subsequent remarks on the thread have done nothing to correct that perception.

Why say that?

That kind of petulent remark hardly helps your argument.

:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2010, 08:40 AM
I cant believe we let a capable keeper like Maka go, then sign a dud like this.

stokesmessiah
11-07-2010, 08:41 AM

I was at the game yesterday and had a quick look on here last night when i got home and am gobsmacked at some of the comments!

Firstly i thought Brown looked fine yesterday, a little dodgy at a couple of crosses absolutely but as you said give him a break. It was his first real go for us and he had a big support right behind him...he is a human !!

Hart to me looked pretty good when he came on in all honestly he still has some of that pace and will only get quicker the more he sharpens up...he seemed to know when to come and when to stay though which for us after last season is a big plus!

De Graaf did look a bit shaky but again his first game (bounce games excepted) in Scottish football, i for one will give him more than 1 friendly before getting on his back.

Overall yesterday i thought we looked pretty good for our first pre season game....and one thing i was very impressed at is how we never seemed to lose anything when the youngsters came on..!!!

I cant wait for the new season, and i cant wait to see what Yogi & rod have in store for us over the next few seasons.

Hail Hail

P.s. That David Stephens was rubbish though, maybe we should just bin him now and cut our losses. :wink:

Sandy
11-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Lets be honest here guys, we only managed to beat a really **** dunfermline side 4-0 yesterday. I don't blame the goalie, Hughes put his side out there and we should have been hitting double figures. I reckon hughes should walk for this one, final straw for me!!!:grr:

:top marks Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-07-2010, 10:00 AM
I cant believe we let a capable keeper like Maka go, then sign a dud like this.Calm doon man, Gazza's on his way round to take you fishing! :fishin: :wink:

Expecting Rain
11-07-2010, 10:52 AM
I wasn't at the game, so I don't have an opinion on Brown's performance but I can't see anything wrong with your comments. People are full of new season enthusiasm and hope and don't take kindly to any hint of negativity. I got a bit of stick for not being all that impressed by Kerr and O'Brien, a few seasons back.

Agree sahib, Pedro has commited a crime by expressing a negative opinion, even when you post something positive it is ignored if you are percieved to be anti-Hibs and by seeing things in you own individualistic way, what is the point of a board if it is seen as a pre-requisite that you have to have played and managed at the highest level and never missed a game for two decades home and away, the guy wasn`t impressed by Brown, next week his opinion may have changed, that is the fickle nature of the fan and everybody that watches the game is guilty of that at some point,amen.

Love the Green
11-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Thought Smith was very good when he came on.

"keep the faith":wink:

MSK
11-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Agree sahib, Pedro has commited a crime by expressing a negative opinion, even when you post something positive it is ignored if you are percieved to be anti-Hibs and by seeing things in you own individualistic way, what is the point of a board if it is seen as a pre-requisite that you have to have played and managed at the highest level and never missed a game for two decades home and away, the guy wasn`t impressed by Brown, next week his opinion may have changed, that is the fickle nature of the fan and everybody that watches the game is guilty of that at some point,amen.So ...a few folk on here have disagreed wi what Pedro said .. so you disagree with what was posted by the folk who disagreed with what Pedro said ? ..:rolleyes:

Cannae wait till the real "nitty gritty" starts then !!!! ...:blah:

whiskyhibby
11-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Great post. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but FFS some opinions leave you questioning how much certain posters actually know about football. This thread is nothing more than reactionery pish. Brown played a decent game I thought. De Graaf didn't put a foot wrong but didn't do anything spectacular and as for Hart, he did okay but looks short of a yard of pace.

There is just no pleasing some people.:rolleyes:

Or perhaps they have a different agenda................

Expecting Rain
11-07-2010, 12:57 PM
So ...a few folk on here have disagreed wi what Pedro said .. so you disagree with what was posted by the folk who disagreed with what Pedro said ? ..:rolleyes:

Cannae wait till the real "nitty gritty" starts then !!!! ...:blah:

I`m neither agreeing or disagreeing with what Pedro was saying but in general it is easier to go with the flow and dilute your criticism of players in order to appease the happy clappers than it is to call it how you see it.:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
11-07-2010, 01:48 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:
:bye::bye::bye:

bingo70
11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Oh nooooo...Another keeper who can't deal with crosses ..Do you think Yogi would swallow his pride and admit he made a mistake letting Maka go?

I think your talking nonsense but suppose Yogi did think that (he won't, maka was pish) why would he admit it, who's benefit would it be for and what effect on confidence do you think it'd have on the current keepers?

Maka's gone, thank god IMO, maybe you should just deal with it and move on :dunno:

Jonnyboy
11-07-2010, 09:47 PM

I notice that's your first post since 8th June and am hoping it's just cos you're rusty :wink:

Part/Time Supporter
11-07-2010, 09:53 PM

Brown generally doesn't come for crosses, that's the style of goalkeeper he is. His best spell was at Inverness, where he played behind 3/4 big defenders (eg Dods, Tokely, Munro) who headed most things out for him and he stopped the shots.

jgl07
11-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Why are we bothering to reply to an inane posting by a self-confessed orangeman?

pedroorange1875
11-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Why are we bothering to reply to an inane posting by a self-confessed orangeman?

oh dear:bitchy:

Cool_Hand_Luke
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM

:greengrin

seanraff07
12-07-2010, 02:06 AM
I wasn't at the game, but i'm sure if he was that bad then he would have conceded a goal.

Joe Baker II
12-07-2010, 08:53 AM
I did go up on Saturday and frankly do not recall the Hibs goalkeepers having much to do, though I missed a couple of incidents in queues/toilets.

Was reasonably impressed by Hibs overall. Like it or not (and I used to play a lot of games in goal and know scrutiny can affect confidence even more, my Joe Baker nickname at school came from my Dad's alleged resemblance - not similar ability!) since Leighton left our inability to secure a convincing goal keeper means this position comes under even more scrutiny at Hibs than elsewhere.

And therefore among those who fans who do not like seeing club/players get any criticism one gets kneejerk and absurdly hostile reactions to otherwise fair comments.

Judas Iscariot
12-07-2010, 09:04 AM

Alright Maka!

Found a new club yet?