PDA

View Full Version : How did Michael Hart play?

Hibbyradge
10-07-2010, 04:16 PM
I understand he's not at peak ftness yet, but did it show?

Hibernia Na Eir
10-07-2010, 04:26 PM
was on bench, unsure if he played

SloopJB
10-07-2010, 04:36 PM
He played, a couple of dodgy passes but 1st game in a new team and all that, got to catch up with the others in terms of sharpness and will be a good un.

ended up with good performances from a few. Only Dunfermline but a good work out.

Future17
10-07-2010, 04:57 PM

It showed. Lot of work for him to do in the next few weeks if he's going to be picked ahead of Wotherspoon.

HibbyRod
10-07-2010, 05:53 PM
I thought Michael put a few nice crosses into their box, and looked promising (once he gets fitter I'm sure he'll be a great asset).

I thought Wotherspoon was much better playing further forward, and more centrally - and even when playing out wide left than his performances at "right back"!! ??

Big Frank
10-07-2010, 05:55 PM
He's good bit away from fitness.

lucky
10-07-2010, 05:59 PM
He looked sluggish but its only pre-season so im sure he'll be fine.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2010, 06:01 PM
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo

we are hibs
10-07-2010, 06:34 PM

how did ge graaf do?:confused:

PISTOL1875
10-07-2010, 06:56 PM

Yeah it showed.. Got forward a few times but toiled to get back....

matty_f
10-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I thought Hart looked a good bit off the pace, however we looked a much greater threat down the right hand side once he came on, because he seemed to know when to get forward (and to get further forward) than Wotherspoon does when at right back.

As Hibbyrod said, Wotherspoon looked much more effective playing in midfield.

I saw enough from Hart, even half-fit, to be comfortable that he's strengthened the squad.

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2010, 07:08 PM
I thought Hart looked a good bit off the pace, however we looked a much greater threat down the right hand side once he came on, because he seemed to know when to get forward (and to get further forward) than Wotherspoon does when at right back.

As Hibbyrod said, Wotherspoon looked much more effective playing in midfield.

I saw enough from Hart, even half-fit, to be comfortable that he's strengthened the squad.

He's not for me, cant believe we let an able guy like Van zanten go, then spend good money on this crock.

matty_f
10-07-2010, 07:13 PM
He's not for me, cant believe we let an able guy like Van zanten go, then spend good money on this crock.

:tee hee:

seanraff07
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM

Yep, Mixu knew a RB when he saw one.

--------
10-07-2010, 07:53 PM

I wasn't there myself, but I heard he got through a fair bit of hard Graaft....

DVZ is an unsung legend of the beautiful game. :agree:

AL-Qaholik
10-07-2010, 07:57 PM

Never stopped running.....until he got the ball!

Box to box player and seems a natural leader on the park but was very reluctant to move with the ball at his feet - always looking for the simple sideways pass.

Reckon he'll come good he gets used to the players around him though..!

Dashing Bob S
10-07-2010, 08:11 PM

The spectre of Paul Lovering still haunts the hollowed turf.

--------
10-07-2010, 08:17 PM
The spectre of Paul Lovering still haunts the hollowed turf.

Not to mention the majestic Rab Kilgour.... :greengrin

Sergey
10-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Not to mention the majestic Rab Kilgour.... :greengrin

:applause: Lest we forget, Rab also managed to get himself red-carded in a pre-season friendly.

These modern day players simply ain't up to it!

HibbyRod
10-07-2010, 11:13 PM

Yer a very Naughty man Garry!!! :rolleyes:

:greengrin

Baker9
11-07-2010, 10:32 AM

How did he play? like a good right back:agree:

Love the Green
11-07-2010, 10:51 AM
I thought Michael put a few nice crosses into their box, and looked promising (once he gets fitter I'm sure he'll be a great asset).

I thought Wotherspoon was much better playing further forward, and more centrally - and even when playing out wide left than his performances at "right back"!! ??

By bringing in an experineced RB he has strenghthened 2 areas of the park as spoony is a very energetic midfield player who has great vision,makes good runs from MF which was missing last season and can spot and execute good passes for the front men Hart did look a bit unfit but given a month or so he will be just what we need.
Also great to see many of the young lads get a we run.

"keep the faith":wink:

Loopz
12-07-2010, 09:25 PM
This is not meant to seem negative only informed observation but MH really struggled on Saturday. Miscontrolled a couple of awkward height balls and at one point ended up on his rear end after losing a ball and didn't make the effort to get up never mind get up and chase the ball. De Graff kept it simple and never gave the ball away, but on a couple of occassions did not make himself available for moves he could have got involved in. He also looked ungainly whilst running. I hope some hard work in pre season will help both players but in MH situation I can find no excuse why a player would be so out of shape at any stage of his playing career. David Stephens on the other hand looks like a star already, never mind a hopeful prospect.

delbert
12-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Hart looked way off the pace, and his passing was woeful, but he obviously has time on his side to get fit before the real stuff so I'm not too worried, was good to see that he likes to get forward and put crosses in. De Graaf did keep it simple, one or two bad passes, but overall pretty much strolled it. The main concern for me on Saturday was Wotherspoon, if ever a game proved that this laddie cannot ever be played at right back again, this was it. He consistently gave the ball to the oppostion with woeful passing, and quite simply looks lost being played that far back. His body language by half time was of a person who simply wanted to be somewhere else, and fast, and I hope that somehow Yogi can lift him again, because the last five months of last season have clearly drained every ounce of confidence this lad had when he was played further forward at the start of last season. In my opinion this is a piece of man management which I hope Yogi takes on board, because not signing a right back last season has cost us goals and in my opinion more importantly, the form of one of the best prospects we have seen at Easter Road in a few years. If he is ever played at right back again, the manager needs to take a look at himself.

Cool_Hand_Luke
12-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Hart looked way off the pace, and his passing was woeful, but he obviously has time on his side to get fit before the real stuff so I'm not too worried, was good to see that he likes to get forward and put crosses in. De Graaf did keep it simple, one or two bad passes, but overall pretty much strolled it. The main concern for me on Saturday was Wotherspoon, if ever a game proved that this laddie cannot ever be played at right back again, this was it. He consistently gave the ball to the oppostion with woeful passing, and quite simply looks lost being played that far back. His body language by half time was of a person who simply wanted to be somewhere else, and fast, and I hope that somehow Yogi can lift him again, because the last five months of last season have clearly drained every ounce of confidence this lad had when he was played further forward at the start of last season. In my opinion this is a piece of man management which I hope Yogi takes on board, because not signing a right back last season has cost us goals and in my opinion more importantly, the form of one of the best prospects we have seen at Easter Road in a few years. If he is ever played at right back again, the manager needs to take a look at himself.

I know what your saying about Wotherspoon and agree he's going to be a better prospect playing further up the park, but i think he looked reasonable comfortable playing at right back...and also prevented 2 certain goals :agree:
Saying that, i would play him further forward and am happy we now have a (hopefully) proper right back in place :agree: