PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Sky TV problem

sleeping giant
10-07-2010, 02:16 PM
My son has clattered our dish with a football and we now get the "no satellite signal received" message.

I believe Sky now charge for this to be fixed.

Is it possible that the dish has been moved or is the lnb(hing on the end of the pole on the dish) knackered.

I have bought a compass but dont know the exact position of the satellite ! Anyone know ?

Should i be able to "wiggle" the dish while someone watches the signal strength bar on the tv ?

Any advice would be helpful .

I would rather cancel SKY than pay to get it fixed tbh.

Does anyone use BT Vision ? I can't get Virgin as i'm not cabled up.

Would sky fix it if i upgraded to skyHD ?

Cheers in advance :pray:

MSK
10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
My son has clattered our dish with a football and we now get the "no satellite signal received" message.

Is it possible that the dish has been moved or is the lnb(hing on the end of the pole on the dish) knackered.

I have bought a compass but dont know the exact position of the satellite ! Anyone know ?

Should i be able to "wiggle" the dish while someone watches the signal strength bar on the tv ?

Cheers in advance :pray:Have you phoned Sky ..?...i damaged my dish a while back & they repaired it FOC ..& gave me a new digi box whilst they were at it...:agree:

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2010, 02:22 PM

Cheers in advance :pray:

Give it a wiggle about, until you get a picture, you have nothing to lose.

sleeping giant
10-07-2010, 02:31 PM

Kinda tried that.

What screen should it be on ? The signal strength thing or the searching for listings screen ?
Would it just be a case of moving the dish then whooohoooo picture on the telly ?
Does it not have to rescan or anything like that ?

sleeping giant
10-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Have you phoned Sky ..?...i damaged my dish a while back & they repaired it FOC ..& gave me a new digi box whilst they were at it...:agree:

I've not contacted them yet :greengrin Suppose i should !

I received phone calls a while back offering insurance for it as sky would be charging from now on. My neighbour was charged to get his repaired.

But aye , yer right. I should phone them:greengrin

Houchy
10-07-2010, 02:52 PM

Oh god no!!! I have visions of Rod Hull.:bitchy:

MSK
11-07-2010, 09:42 AM
I've not contacted them yet :greengrin Suppose i should !

I received phone calls a while back offering insurance for it as sky would be charging from now on. My neighbour was charged to get his repaired.

But aye , yer right. I should phone them:greengrinEvery now & then they do repairs/maintenence for nowt ...a kinda loyalty thing ..you have nowt tae lose by phoning them ...:agree:

Good luck ..:thumbsup:

WeAreHibs
11-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Just play dumb, there's been some very strong wind recently.

If they suggest that there will be a charge for the engineer coming out, just give them your 30 days notice to cancel and you'll find them quick time.

I've never paid for a Sky repair or call out ever:wink:

sleeping giant
13-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Just play dumb, there's been some very strong wind recently.

If they suggest that there will be a charge for the engineer coming out, just give them your 30 days notice to cancel and you'll find them quick time.

I've never paid for a Sky repair or call out ever:wink:

Thats exactly we did :greengrin

Wife phoned to cancel today and was told that she was such a good customer......blah blah.....
and there will be a guy round to fix it on Thursday morning for free:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
13-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Every now & then they do repairs/maintenence for nowt ...a kinda loyalty thing ..you have nowt tae lose by phoning them ...:agree:

Good luck ..:thumbsup:

The woman yesterday was having none of it.
Told us to pay £65 call out or join their insurance scheme at £8.50 per month to get it repaired.

The Wife spoke to a guy today who couldnt have been more helpful .Infact we are now paying £2.50 less pm:thumbsup: