PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Was B.O.B offered a deal at ER

H18sry
10-07-2010, 08:57 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8807160.stm

Falkirk captain Burton O'Brien says rejecting a move to Hibs or Aberdeen was easy because he is determined to help the Bairns gain promotion to Scotland's top flight. (Sun)
I find this strange if true as he is no better than what we already have :agree:

Diclonius
10-07-2010, 08:58 AM
I remember reading on here that we were initially interested, but dropped it later and didn't offer him a deal.

ChooseLife
10-07-2010, 08:59 AM
he's got nothing on Hogg babe...

nothing on Hogg babe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PTDv_szmL0

basehibby
10-07-2010, 09:42 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8807160.stm

Falkirk captain Burton O'Brien says rejecting a move to Hibs or Aberdeen was easy because he is determined to help the Bairns gain promotion to Scotland's top flight. (Sun)
I find this strange if true as he is no better than what we already have :agree:

I think this is football speak for "Hibs and Aberdeen offered me a route back into the SPL as a squad player on squad player's wages - it wasn't any more than I'm getting at the Bairns where I'm guaranteed a start so I'm staying put"

Booked4Being-Ugly
10-07-2010, 09:45 AM
I think this is football speak for "Hibs and Aberdeen offered me a route back into the SPL as a squad player on squad player's wages - it wasn't any more than I'm getting at the Bairns where I'm guaranteed a start so I'm staying put"I think you're pretty much spot on.

A guy at my work that's related to O'Brien told me that Hibs tried to sign him.

BOB is a top earner at Falkirk though and i was actually surprised at the money he's on. I doubt Hibs would have been prepared to match or better his deal at Falkirk.

The last i heard was that he wanted to stay at Falkirk for family reasons.

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 09:50 AM
I think you're pretty much spot on.

BOB is a top earner at Falkirk though and i was actually surprised at the money he's on. I doubt Hibs would have been prepared to match or better his deal at Falkirk.

He was made the offer of a 2-year deal.

H18sry
10-07-2010, 09:54 AM

:hmmm: Family reasons? dont understand that as he would not have been any noticeable difference in distance between clubs?

Booked4Being-Ugly
10-07-2010, 09:57 AM
He was made the offer of a 2-year deal.I imagine it would have been a 'take it or leave it' deal but i really don't know the details TBH.

Aldo
10-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Wether we did or not I for one am glad we didnt sign him. Flatters to deceive. O and TBH would rather have the likes of Rankin (bit of a dig and worker on the park) before him.

He can stay put....NOT HIBS CLASS IMHO.

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Wether we did or not I for one am glad we didnt sign him. Flatters to deceive. O and TBH would rather have the likes of Rankin (bit of a dig and worker on the park) before him.

He can stay put....NOT HIBS CLASS IMHO.

:agree:

Gala Foxes
10-07-2010, 10:01 AM
if the height of his ambition is playing for Falkirk glad we missed him

Booked4Being-Ugly
10-07-2010, 10:05 AM
:hmmm: Family reasons? dont understand that as he would not have been any noticeable difference in distance between clubs?Yep, bit of a strange one but that's the last i heard.

lyonhibs
10-07-2010, 11:14 AM

A Falkirk mate says he's one of their highest ever earners and an absolute pussy, with no desire for the scrap/fight in the centre of midfield.

Well rid IMO

CRAZYHIBBY
10-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Yogi only said we were interested in him in the hope Hearts would snatch him out from under our noses:wink: