PDA

View Full Version : Assuming Rangers lose at least another 4 first teamers

sh00byd00
09-07-2010, 10:29 PM
And Yogi gets the team pulling in the same direction, I'll be very disappointed if we don't finish above the Huns.

This really is our opportunity to split those dirty gits once and for all, because without CL income Rangers will take years to recover.

i think Rangers losing the majority of those players and coupled with the money that we've invested over the last 2 seasons, i think we have every right to expect a top 2 finish.

Maybe I'm just a little bit pished, but the way i see it, those pricks will be lucky to finish 3rd never mind 2nd the way things are going.

frazeHFC
09-07-2010, 10:32 PM
And Yogi gets the team pulling in the same direction, I'll be very disappointed if we don't finish above the Huns.

This really is our opportunity to split those dirty gits once and for all, because without CL income Rangers will take years to recover.

i think Rangers losing the majority of those players and coupled with the money that we've invested over the last 2 seasons, i think we have every right to expect a top 2 finish.

Maybe I'm just a little bit pished, but the way i see it, those pricks will be lucky to finish 3rd never mind 2nd the way things are going.

You have to remember that they will get all the decisions and we will probably be denied some points that they gain thanks to the referees, but yeah, we want to aim higher than last year.

matty_f
09-07-2010, 10:35 PM

I see where you're coming from, but the Huns finished miles ahead of us last season, as they did everyone else, and we all said throughout the season that they were pish.

I'd be surprised if we finished as close as ten points behind them this coming season, I suspect it'll be closer to twenty.

Hainan Hibs
09-07-2010, 10:35 PM
The Old Firm will be miles ahead as per usual. Even if they lose a few more players they still have a squad capable of beating the rest and the fear some teams hold for them guarantees them the points they need.

sh00byd00
09-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Nah, even the officials will desert them. Without the glory, their crowds will plummet and without their glory hunters, ibrox will be deserted like it was before Murray arrived all those years ago.

I don't see them beating the diddy teams as often either next season because Boyd was the guy that more often than not destroyed them, and well, he's jumped ship.

Liberal Hibby
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Oh dear.
I think you may regret this when you sober up...

PISTOL1875
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM

Hibs have no chance of splitting the Old Firm

Nando™
09-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Let's remember we were PISH last season.

3 or 4 signings and the same manager will not change that too much, 4th place is the best we will achieve next season.

SaulGoodman
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
3rd would do me nicely. I don't care for beating the old firm.

I'd be happy with 3rd place, a stunning stadium, concistency in the team so we can usually finish 3rd and, ultimately, a well run club. Stuff like this for the next few seasons will keep me happy :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
09-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I will be over the moon with a 3rd place finish never mind catching the current buns for 2nd place.

I think Celtc will pish the League this coming season TBH.

ian cruise
10-07-2010, 12:09 AM
I will be over the moon with a 3rd place finish never mind catching the current buns for 2nd place.

I think Celtc will pish the League this coming season TBH.

unfortunatly i think you are right, my tim mate was telling me this earlier and i was finding it hard to disagree with him. celtic will push the boat out this summer so as to guarentee the title and champions league qualifiers

i'd be happy with third and watching good football week in week out.

as for the rangers being ****ed arguement, i think you would have said the same last season, again on paper they look weaker but theyll find results one way or the other, maybe not be as much of a gap as last season but there will be a gap

basehibby
10-07-2010, 12:21 AM

Nah - yer a lot bit pished! The gap would seem to be narrowing but, unfortunately, a gap there still is.

bighairyfaeleith
10-07-2010, 12:39 AM
ina lot of ways your right, if you look at our squad next to theres we are are fairly even. However they have a belief which we do not, and that is the main difference unfortunately

Steve20
10-07-2010, 03:28 AM
No chance of splitting the Old Firm. If some rumours are true, and Stokes and Riordan are off, then we will be struggling for a top 4 finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
10-07-2010, 06:54 AM
we might close the gap on them a bit but cant see us finnishing above them tbh.
3rd place and a bit of silverware thank you very much:thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
10-07-2010, 07:15 AM
If we start this season like we finished the second half of last season we'll struggle to make top six never mind split the OF.

Leave the wild predictions to deluded Hearts supporters and let's hope that Yogi can provide gradual progression and a push for 3rd place.

Green_one
10-07-2010, 07:20 AM
A good team could split the OF but we are far off that.

Depends what the OF do in terms of signings. They can still get better than us.

I am looking forward to seeing their crowds drop.

I am not so sure about Celtic. Frankly they were rank last season and their manager is an emotional choice.

We need to wait and see how much further Rangers fall. They have not reached the bottom yet. Like the Hearts:greengrin

Hiber-nation
10-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Not a hope in hell. I'd be ecstatic (and very surprised) if we finished 3rd.

Bob Box Fish
10-07-2010, 07:26 AM
There's also the psychological side of the game they can grind out wins when playing poor while we can't win when 2-6 up with 20 min left.

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2010, 07:39 AM
2nd place. :faf: Have i stumbled on to kickback?

basehibby
10-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Let's remember we were PISH last season.

3 or 4 signings and the same manager will not change that too much, 4th place is the best we will achieve next season.

Historical revisionism rears it's ugly head yet again - we were PISH for A THIRD of last season - we were pretty good for the rest which is why we qualified for Europe.

If Hughes makes the right signings (and he's made a good start already) then third will be a realistic aim for the season.

Kevvy1875
10-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Huns are still the Huns and will be in the top 2 IMO. For the likes of Ourselves, Utd and the Yams we can only hope they pile up with injuries and then...only then could we hope to 'split' them. Rangers still have a quality XI but its their squad that is looking weaker than ever. So a few injuries could really hurt them these days whereas a few years ago they could have half a squad injured and still field 8-9 international players.

Davis, Miller, Bougherra will be very important for them this season, if those guys got injured then they would struggle.

NAE NOOKIE
10-07-2010, 09:54 AM
The biggest blow to der Hun would be to lose Bougherra coz he is a quality defender & it was their defense which won them the league.

I think without him they are beatable by at least 5 SPL teams.

But our biggest problem was and still is Dundee Utd. For a game & a half at ER last season they gave us a chasing and looked like a bloody good side.

Also Aberdeen cant possibly be as p1sh as they were last season and like it or not the Yams will be in there.

Anyway if smeltic sign the players they are being linked with they will be out of sight by New Year.

So yeh, 2nd isnt impossible but we will have to play a whole season like the first half of last season to do it and its been a bloody long time since a Hibs team got anywhere near that level of consistency.

:confused:

SmokieJoe
10-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Lets face it with the exception of a hand full of results , we were pish after xmas. our biggest problem was getting a clean sheet. this issue has hopefully been addressed with the new defensive arrivals.
Boyd has gone, Bougy on his way prob. more teams will be wary of playing us, than us being wary of them. we have the players now i feel, the issue is, do we have the stomach to go to the OF fortresses on a regular basis and get a result. It was Mcleish that made that very statement, and it is still true. A lack self belief will be the only problem this season.

greenlex
10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Yes we can. Whether we will or not is another matter. History tells us we won't.

Vini1875
10-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Have to think if anyone is going to split them it is dundee utd. Hopefully this season we can at least compete all the way to May. I think now is a time for feet on the deck and bringing out all the old cliches, one game at a time, no prizes given out in (insert month prior to May) etc.

seanraff07
10-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Lets face it with the exception of a hand full of results , we were pish after xmas. our biggest problem was getting a clean sheet. this issue has hopefully been addressed with the new defensive arrivals.
Boyd has gone, Bougy on his way prob. more teams will be wary of playing us, than us being wary of them. we have the players now i feel, the issue is, do we have the stomach to go to the OF fortresses on a regular basis and get a result. It was Mcleish that made that very statement, and it is still true. A lack self belief will be the only problem this season.

People question whether we can give them a game at Parkhead and Ibrox.

But the way i see it is we do very well most of the time away from home, and i think we do worse against the OF at ER. If we beat the Huns at the end of December last year at ER, we would have been right up there with them. But instead we got hammered 4-1.

down-the-slope
11-07-2010, 11:52 AM
In answer to OP......Yes you are and hope you have sobered up:wink:

I think that Walter Smith is a fantastic manager and is the reason that Rangers will still be OK no matter who goes / comes. He has done it with Gers / Scotland etc over the years in creating a wining mentality and a 'no one likes us' bond in his squads that gets the best out of a group and makes the sum of the total more than the individuals would suggest......

We on the other hand, like others, struggle to make the sum of the total more than the sum of the parts...if we can crack that then we will progress....

Its like my often repeated statement....your best 11 players don't necessarily make your best team.....just ask Kris Boyd...where as Yogi persisted with our best 11 players at the expense of finding the best team....

Hibercelona
11-07-2010, 11:55 AM
We will never finish above either of the OF. The SFA simply wouldn't allow it! :rules:

3rd should be our aim at the moment and the near future.

Hibby 2005
11-07-2010, 11:24 PM

We dreamed last season around Xmas and the dream died. Maybe the dream will last until May this season and then again.....