PDA

View Full Version : Captain for the forthcoming season

Spender
09-07-2010, 05:48 PM
who is our captain for the new season, I mean no disrespect to Hogg, but I feel with him having the captaincy it effected his game.

weebobyct
09-07-2010, 05:52 PM
yeah thats pritty true , theres not realli a captain in that side. maybe ian murray or see how michael hart is

500miles
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Personally I feel that what effected Hogg's game was that we changed from a team that played deep, to a team that held a high line. Hogg then came back into the team, performed well, until the midfield collapsed, became softer than dog ****, Bamba got injured, Wotherspoon suffered the enivitable loss of form, and Murray started to slow up after a long season. AND even then he played through injury. His POTY award, CIS cup winners medal, and form under Mixu and JC speak louder to me than what was 1 season in which he was inconsistant. He's an absolute professional, is nigh always available, despite niggles that others wouldn't play through, has absolutely no fear, and is an example to every young player at the club. That's why he's captain, and that's why he'll be one of Yogi's first picks every week.

OtterHibee
09-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Personally I feel that what effected Hogg's game was that we changed from a team that played deep, to a team that held a high line. Hogg then came back into the team, performed well, until the midfield collapsed, became softer than dog ****, Bamba got injured, Wotherspoon suffered the enivitable loss of form, and Murray started to slow up after a long season. AND even then he played through injury. His POTY award, CIS cup winners medal, and form under Mixu and JC speak louder to me than what was 1 season in which he was inconsistant. He's an absolute professional, is nigh always available, despite niggles that others wouldn't play through, has absolutely no fear, and is an example to every young player at the club. That's why he's captain, and that's why he'll be one of Yogi's first picks every week.

:top marks

Agree with every word :agree:

we are hibs
09-07-2010, 07:26 PM
who is our captain for the new season, I mean no disrespect to Hogg, but I feel with him having the captaincy it effected his game.

was de graaf not a captian at nac brenda
:confused:

weecounty hibby
09-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Spot on, the laddie gets a lot of stick that is undeserved. I can honestly see him getting a testimonial at Hibs for long service. Model pro, not the geatest in the world but he sticks at it and is a good clbb captain IMO. Just look at what the Jambos had last year and compare the two.

ionahibby
09-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Spot on, the laddie gets a lot of stick that is undeserved. I can honestly see him getting a testimonial at Hibs for long service. Model pro, not the geatest in the world but he sticks at it and is a good clbb captain IMO. Just look at what the Jambos had last year and compare the two.

:agree: agreed everbody deserves a learning curve i think the role is his for the future!

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2010, 08:28 PM

Hogg remains Club Captain.......

allezsauzee
09-07-2010, 09:42 PM

Hear Hear! Getting a wee bit sick of the constant digs at Hoggy tbh. Not the best player in the world but gives his all every week even when the 'superstars' dont fancy it

down the slope
09-07-2010, 10:09 PM
His all is not good enough, he should not be anywhere near our first team, if he is so good why are bidders not lining up for him after five years ? no progress that's why and he should go now or Hughes will learn the hard way when he costs us games again this season.

frazeHFC
09-07-2010, 10:24 PM
was de graaf not a captian at nac brenda
:confused:

Yeah, and i remember Mols a month ago (might of actually been Yogi) saying he was a real leader, and is not afraid to shout encouragement and orders to his team mates. Sounds like a worthy candidate.

allezsauzee
09-07-2010, 10:31 PM
His all is not good enough, he should not be anywhere near our first team, if he is so good why are bidders not lining up for him after five years ? no progress that's why and he should go now or Hughes will learn the hard way when he costs us games again this season.

so who are we going to play then if all the players that dont have bidders lining up aren't good enough and all those that do will obviously go to clubs that pay better. Hogg is out best CH at the moment

OtterHibee
09-07-2010, 10:41 PM

And exactly when, how and against whom has he - one individual player out of 11 on the pitch - cost us games in the past? Please do tell. I'm intrigued.

500miles
09-07-2010, 10:44 PM

Then why has he been part of the best defensive runs that Hibs have had for however many years under Yogi, or part of the stiffest defence outside the OF under Mixu? Why does he have POTY awards, and a cup winners medal? Why has he been playing first choice for us since 2006? You would have thought the manager - be it Mixu, Collins or Hughes - would have seen that as a problem at some point. If he was such a problem he wouldn't have be vice captain for 2 seasons, and captain for another. He's a limited player, but he's got enough in the tank for what we're looking for. Of course, I would like to see improvement in his position, but I would be happy to see improvement in ANY position.

Cropley10
09-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I'll wait to see how he plays this season before I slate him. :wink: