PDA

View Full Version : The Referee - Newington Road

Phil D. Rolls
09-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I heard this is the pub that all the Dutch fans have been using for the World Cup games. Has anyone got any information about it, or alternative venues to watch De Oranje on Sunday?

Chuckie
09-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I heard this is the pub that all the Dutch fans have been using for the World Cup games. Has anyone got any information about it, or alternative venues to watch De Oranje on Sunday?

I watched the Holland V Brazil QF in 3 Sisters, and there were around 30 Dutch in there.

Very droll supporters though.

They look an odd race too - very tall, fair haired, moustachioed, large foreheads and big Adams apples - and that's just their women.

Toaods
09-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I watched the Holland V Brazil QF in 3 Sisters, and there were around 30 Dutch in there.

Very droll supporters though..

should have seen the Germans....:dizzy:

Ghaax
09-07-2010, 06:08 PM

The rumour is true - I was in there for the Brazil game an it was mobbed.

it is the REVERIE - used to be the Wine Glass but a Dutch boy took it over. For some reason the Oranje have started using it.... :confused::wink:

it's nae cheap an a bit oota the way (unless ye work 200yds away like me). It's on the corner of East Preston street - the junction before you get to Minto St. If yer supporting the Dutch then check it oot.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I believe Robertsons is quite a popular Orange venue!

bighairyfaeleith
09-07-2010, 09:27 PM
I believe Robertsons is quite a popular peado venue!

fixed that for you

Hainan Hibs
09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
fixed that for you

Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees:agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Fixed that for you posts seem to be a right .net thing and they get right on my bosoms!

bighairyfaeleith
09-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Fixed that for you posts seem to be a right .net thing and they get right on my tits!

fixed that for you :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
10-07-2010, 06:12 AM
The rumour is true - I was in there for the Brazil game an it was mobbed.

it is the REVERIE - used to be the Wine Glass but a Dutch boy took it over. For some reason the Oranje have started using it.... :confused::wink:

it's nae cheap an a bit oota the way (unless ye work 200yds away like me). It's on the corner of East Preston street - the junction before you get to Minto St. If yer supporting the Dutch then check it oot.

Thanks for the information. The guy on I heard on the radio called it the referee, but Dutch people say vee as eff, so that explains it. Pretty big pub, so maybe if I get up there early I'll get a space.

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Heading up for 6 pm tonight - hope it's not too mental. Look out for a fat baldy bloke with an Orange t-shirt, you won't miss me!

Hup Holland Hup (as I've come to say in the last few days).

Hibbyradge
11-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Heading up for 6 pm tonight - hope it's not too mental. Look out for a fat baldy bloke with an Orange t-shirt, you won't miss me!

Hup Holland Hup (as I've come to say in the last few days).

I may be joining you cos my wife is studying near there today, but I'm not going up to fat baldy blokes in orange tee-shirts and asking, "Are you Filled Rolls?".

I'm not even sure that just asking for "Phil" would be much safer. Mr Droll may be the best option.

greenlex
11-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Watch you dinnae get shot by the polis mr Rolls.

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Watch you dinnae get shot by the polis mr Rolls.

Naw I'm fine, my mate gave me a chicken sandwich, 8 Ace and a fishing rod. Nothing to worry about at all. :greengrin