PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Sol to Bristol City for player(s) + cash

SalfordHibs
09-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Was told yesterday that Bristol City are offering 300k plus Sproule & Clarkson for our centre half.

If true get it sorted Petrie!!

:wink:

iwasthere1972
09-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Was told yesterday that Bristol City are offering 300k plus Sproule & Clarkson for our centre half.

No way Rod would sanction that.

Sproule we could probably get for free or close to nothing. Clarkson how much is he valued at?

Anyway can't see it happening.

CorrieHibs
09-07-2010, 12:53 PM

Just fueling the car up to drive the big man down.

Diclonius
09-07-2010, 12:57 PM
750k + the two aforementioned players and he's theirs.

BT58
09-07-2010, 01:06 PM
thought he was already going down to stoke to be with his buddy[his name escapes me at the mo,former ****bo]
i think that as ivan+clarkson would command more in wages, that RP would prefer cash!!!!
but hey ho you never know
b

Hibs90
09-07-2010, 01:20 PM

Who told you, Football Rumours?

IWasThere2016
09-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Talk of cash + two is certainly doing the rounds, as is cash + Ivan.

SalfordHibs
09-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Who told you, Football Rumours?

Two lads that work out of our Bristol branch told me, change the record Reeko eh...:yawn:

Perspective
09-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Really hope there's no truth in this and think a lot of people here under-value Bamba.

I'm sure he can do better for himself than Bristol City and there's no way I'd want Ivan (decent as he was first time around) or the timid, non-scoring Clarkson in exchange.

Future17
09-07-2010, 01:28 PM

Can't see it. Would be a terrible bit of business at this stage IMO.

Judas Iscariot
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:sU5tKv7O62_IxM::www.sodahead.com/united-states/glenn-beck-tries-to-kill-website-instead-of-presenting-evidence-that-he-did-not-rape-and-murder-a-yo/question-665249/?page%3D3&t=1&usg=AFrqEzd2QPXJsuyEe2ndEdLn0laM0v06Gw

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 01:42 PM

Okay, so we give Bristol City our best centre half, a player we don't have a replacement for at the club and who we can't replace for a measly 300K, and they in turn give us 2 players, who would improve us although they aren't a necessary requirement and the 300K.

Petries words will be 'off' and

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Folks, just realised there's no need to panic.

It's a SalfordHibs 'exclusive' :wink:

NOLA
09-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Really hope there's no truth in this and think a lot of people here under-value Bamba.

I'm sure he can do better for himself than Bristol City and there's no way I'd want Ivan (decent as he was first time around) or the timid, non-scoring Clarkson in exchange.

i'd have clarkson here pronto!

Hibs90
09-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Two lads that work out of our Bristol branch told me, change the record Reeko eh...:yawn:

Can't, its stuck on replay. :wink:

M11BMO
09-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Can't see RP liking that idea. He likes the colour and smell of hard cash, and nothing less.

matty_f
09-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Talk of cash + two is certainly doing the rounds, as is cash + Ivan.

Probably means it's pish, then IMHO. I said the same with the Hartley rumours - there were tons doing the rounds but there were wee differences in each of the rumours, which points to it being bollocks.

Hainan Hibs
09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
As already said I can't really see The Tacheman having any of that.

Seanair
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM

Don't remember Clarkson being timid or non-scoring, in fact I thought he scored quite a few for M'well.
Not as prolific a scorer as Stokes however, so why would we want him--unless Stokes is heading out the door.....:confused:

SalfordHibs
09-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Don't remember Clarkson being timid or non-scoring, in fact I thought he scored quite a few for M'well.
Not as prolific a scorer as Stokes however, so why would we want him--unless Stokes is heading out the door.....:confused:

Benji's replacement....?

SalfordHibs
09-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Can't, its stuck on replay. :wink:

You like the sound of your own voice too much buddy :greengrin

Aldo
09-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Can see this happening IMHO. However would have to be around half a million plus 2 to even get the ball rolling.

RP knows what he is doing and I would imagine there would be a sell on clause added to the sale?? A couple of seasons in that league would do him the world of good.

Like I say..I can see this happening and sooner rather than later.

O and Clarkson for me would be and excellent signing. There are not many teams in the SPL capable of signing players of his quality IMHO. (And that includes the OF).

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Benji's replacement....?

Is he better than Nish?

Pretty Boy
09-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Okay, so we give Bristol City our best centre half, a player we don't have a replacement for at the club and who we can't replace for a measly 300K, and they in turn give us 2 players, who would improve us although they aren't a necessary requirement and the 300K.

Petries words will be 'off' and

Whilst i agree that this so called deal isn't a great one for Hibs, i think we could probably get a player for £300K who wouldn't be a bad replacement for Bamba. Remember Bamba only cost us £50K and a decent sell on clause. Granted Bamba has improved greatly while at Hibs but i still reckon there are plenty good CHs around for about £150K and a decent signing on fee.

There isn't a chance this deal is happening though so the whole debate is pretty much pointless.

Long suffering
09-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Is he better than Nish?

i woud say he defnitely is

MyJo
09-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Clarkson at easter road but Bamba is worth more than what is supposedly being offered and IMO could easily play for a bigger club than Bristol City.

CapitalHibs
09-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Don't forget Dunfermline have a sell on clause -wouldn't be much left out of 300,000. Petrie won't be having any of that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Can't see RP liking that idea. He likes the colour and smell of hard cash, and nothing less.

If we take players in part exchange and quite a bit less as a cash sum, does that not mean that we then need to pay out less money to Dunfermline? I would rather see some of our fringe players go there on a seasons loan in place of some of the money we will be due them. Could catch them on the hop the way that West Brom tucked Livi up.

marinello59
09-07-2010, 02:49 PM
If we take players in part exchange and quite a bit less as a cash sum, does that not mean that we then need to pay out less money to Dunfermline? I would rather see some of our fringe players go there on a seasons loan in place of some of the money we will be due them. Could catch them on the hop the way that West Brom tucked Livi up.

No, a value would be put on any players coming in that will be used to determine the total fee.

--------
09-07-2010, 03:23 PM
No, a value would be put on any players coming in that will be used to determine the total fee.

So there's every possibility that most of that £300,000 would go to the Pars.

Bamba's worth a lot more than that IMO.

Not even sure what benefit we'd get from signing Sproule and Clarkson....

MrSmith
09-07-2010, 03:34 PM
It's the Tasches duty/mission to get three million for Bamba so he can look into the Dunfermline owners eyes and quite condescendingly say..."here's your £600k (20%) I'm now getting your club financially stable!"

MyJo
09-07-2010, 03:49 PM
It's the Tasches duty/mission to get three million for Bamba so he can look into the Dunfermline owners eyes and quite condescendingly say..."here's your £600k (20%) I'm now getting your club financially stable!"

Rod Petrie....the saviour of east scottish football teams that dont play in Maroon :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
09-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Sol's not worth £3m IMHO.

We'd do well to get £2m

I don't see the Sproule/Clarkson and cash thing happening. Should it, then it's ta-ta Nishy - and probs a midfielder (Lewis?).

Like Matty - having heard the variations rumoured on the terms/deal etc - I think it's another Hartley.

Andy74
09-07-2010, 03:55 PM

You sure on that?

They could easily be put through as seperate deals.

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Personally I think Bamba will end up back on the continent, more than likely France.

Anybody aware if he'll be playing tomorrow?

Caversham Green
09-07-2010, 04:01 PM
So there's every possibility that most of that £300,000 would go to the Pars.

Bamba's worth a lot more than that IMO.

Not even sure what benefit we'd get from signing Sproule and Clarkson....

And there's the rub - one wage going out, probably low as he was only a £50k signing, for a position we struggle with. two wages coming in, upper championship level and bigger transfer fees, so probably high, for positions we have reasonable cover for. And the cash balance mostly goes to Dunfy.

Hibs are not a charity, non-starter IMO.

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
And there's the rub - one wage going out, probably low as he was only a £50k signing, for a position we struggle with. two wages coming in, upper championship level and bigger transfer fees, so probably high, for positions we have reasonable cover for. And the cash balance mostly goes to Dunfy.

This :agree:

Clarkson didn't had the greatest of seasons last year but he'll definately do a job in that division. I don't see why he'd want to return to Scotland so quick either.

One of my best mates is a massive Motherwell fan, he says he himself can't see Clarkson ever wanting to play against Motherwell as he holds the club, and the fans especially, in the highet possible regard after the way they treated him and in the manner in which they dealt with his uncles death. He doesn't see this transfer hapenning.

As Caversham Green says, total non-starter. Where do you get your 'inside info' from SalfordHibs?

--------
09-07-2010, 04:17 PM

That would be my opinion. :agree:

And if we do decide to look for forward cover, Clarkson and Sproule aren't the first names on my 'wanted' list.

MrSmith
09-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Sol's not worth £3m IMHO.

We'd do well to get £2m

I don't see the Sproule/Clarkson and cash thing happening. Should it, then it's ta-ta Nishy - and probs a midfielder (Lewis?).

Like Matty - having heard the variations rumoured on the terms/deal etc - I think it's another Hartley.

Aye but you're no the Tasche! Don't underestimate the power of the tasche...

Pedantic_Hibee
09-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Wind. And. P1sh.

southern hibby
09-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Gents,
I work in Bristol, Winterstoke Rd (which is where city play) and I have heard nothing of this from any body in and around Bristol.
My work gets 2 free season tickets to watch city as they use our car park and most of the staff know me. I would have thought someone would have mentioned it as I keep telling them i'm only in Bristol till Ivan comes home to Easter Road where he belongs.

Jack
09-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Clarkson is no more than a bit player; Ivan, if he came back, would probably be no more than a impact player.

Of the 20 games Clarkson started last season he finished 4! His 4 goals, as the squad #9, is Hearts CF stuff. Ivan started 30 and finished only 5 so I suspect the 2 of them will be fairly well acquainted getting time to discuss the game before the rest of the team join them in the changing room!

TBH if Hibs were to take them off BCs hands it should be the two of them plus £300K and we keep Bamba!

ionahibby
09-07-2010, 05:04 PM
imho we could live without bamba don't get me wrong he's been a great player for us but him leaving isn't the end of the world, and as for sproule and clarkson although i would take them in a heartbeat it ain't going to happen. Would be surprised if we sign anybody else tbh.

BEEJ
09-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I'd be very surprised if this (i.e. part player swap) turns out to be the basis for Bamba's transfer and departure from ER.

Don't forget that RP is still rooting around for some cash to complete the funding for the construction of the East Stand.

IWasThere2016
09-07-2010, 05:57 PM
BEEJ is right IMHO - and RP will be looking for fees for Sol and others (eg Deeks, Zouma in Jan if poss)

Jack
09-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I'd be very surprised if this (i.e. part player swap) turns out to be the basis for Bamba's transfer and departure from ER.

Don't forget that RP is still rooting around for some cash to complete the funding for the construction of the East Stand.

Hibs aren't still rooting/looking for any money from anywhere to fund the new East - it was already in place.

Judas Iscariot
09-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Gents,
I work in Bristol, Winterstoke Rd (which is where city play) and I have heard nothing of this from any body in and around Bristol.
My work gets 2 free season tickets to watch city as they use our car park and most of the staff know me. I would have thought someone would have mentioned it as I keep telling them i'm only in Bristol till Ivan comes home to Easter Road where he belongs.

Mate, you don't know Salfordhibs tho :agree:

degenerated
09-07-2010, 06:33 PM
imho we could live without bamba don't get me wrong he's been a great player for us but him leaving isn't the end of the world, and as for sproule and clarkson although i would take them in a heartbeat it ain't going to happen. Would be surprised if we sign anybody else tbh.

is that despite the fact hughes is on the bbc saying he hasnt finished yet?

Future17
09-07-2010, 06:54 PM

Not necessarily, based on previous transfers. Depends on the wording of the contract which stipulates the sell-on clause but would usually only apply to the cash sum.

ionahibby
09-07-2010, 07:44 PM
is that despite the fact hughes is on the bbc saying he hasnt finished yet?

just watched the interview on bbc, if he has more players on his radar they must have a heads up of who's leaving otherwise the squad is going to be huge, unless its depth he is going for. Our squad must be up to about 30 now.

Ernie Cobra
09-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Is he better than Nish?

I think thers a good chance Ironside would be better than nish, after all he spends less time on his erse!

PaulSmith
09-07-2010, 07:58 PM
just watched the interview on bbc, if he has more players on his radar they must have a heads up of who's leaving otherwise the squad is going to be huge, unless its depth he is going for. Our squad must be up to about 30 now.

The squad was threadbare at the end if last season, Gow, Benji, McCormack and Maka have left with 3 new in

matty_f
09-07-2010, 08:58 PM

Thought it was quite telling how Yogi answered the question about Sol (by not answering it!) - IMHO, I take from that that Sol's departure is probably imminent, whether it's Stoke or not, and whether it involves others coming in the other direction, I don't know.

IWasThere2016
09-07-2010, 10:54 PM
We need another CH if Sol goes IMHO. Unless Stephens - with very few senior games - is a replacement for a World Cup squad internationalist :dunno:

We need pace upfront, and I'd like a play-maker (assuming Zouma's out for some time and possibly leaving in next 6-12 months)

I make that at least 3 needed in - before any possible Gow/Riordan/AN Other/Stokes moves - that will mean some are bound to leave.

BEEJ
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Hibs aren't still rooting/looking for any money from anywhere to fund the new East - it was already in place.
The statement that 'funding was in place' did not mean that there was readily available cash of £3.5m sitting around waiting to be spent on the new stand. There is no evidence of this sum in last year's accounts (£1m or so maybe but no more) and no publicly known injection of funds into the club since.

The statement meant that there were facilities in place (i.e. loan finance) sufficient to ensure that the project could proceed. RP will want to ensure that as little additional debt as possible is taken on to the books as a result of the completion of the stadium.

IWasThere2016
09-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Again I'm wi BEEJ on this.

We needed a valuation of the new stand for the bank - that wouldn't be needed if the cash was in place.

We have used or are about to use additonial debt.

Phil D. Rolls
10-07-2010, 06:25 AM
This :agree:

Clarkson didn't had the greatest of seasons last year but he'll definately do a job in that division. I don't see why he'd want to return to Scotland so quick either.

One of my best mates is a massive Motherwell fan, he says he himself can't see Clarkson ever wanting to play against Motherwell as he holds the club, and the fans especially, in the highet possible regard after the way they treated him and in the manner in which they dealt with his uncles death. He doesn't see this transfer hapenning.

As Caversham Green says, total non-starter. Where do you get your 'inside info' from SalfordHibs?

Sounds a wee bit naive IMHO. Life goes on, mortgages have to be paid etc. I'm sure no-one at Motherwell would hold it against him. At the end of the day, it's only a game.

Caversham Green
10-07-2010, 06:41 AM
I agree with Beej and TQM that there appeared to be some shortfall in funding for the stand, but the windfall from Fletcher's transfer will have gone a long way to solving that. The sale of Sol for cash will almost certainly plug the gap completely with a bit left over for a replacement.

While Clarkson might be the additional striker Yogi says he needs, I fear Ivan would be surplus to requirements since we've just signed Graffy and we already have Spoony and Zouma for the right-sided attacking midfielder role.

aberhibsfc
10-07-2010, 07:06 AM
I think thers a good chance Ironside would be better than nish, after all he spends less time on his erse!

Good at bicycle kicks too.

Aldo
10-07-2010, 07:39 AM
'The Godfather' on the bounce is suggesting that Bamba is offski as is Katie from the Huns. We have a sell on clause??? which the Huns would not be able to pay and therefore they will give us Webster (1 year left on his contract) to compensate for this.

Bit far fetched IMHO however would gladly see Webster at the club as he is an excellent CH (will not happen, pie in the sky).

SmokieJoe
10-07-2010, 08:10 AM

After Yogi making progress with the signings to date, I'd like to think that he would bring another CB in if Sol was to leave. I'm sure the tache will get us the best deal poss, as per, but to lose our best CB and not seek a replacement would undo some of the good work done to make us more solid at the back.

MyJo
10-07-2010, 08:19 AM
'The Godfather' on the bounce is suggesting that Bamba is offski as is Katie from the Huns. We have a sell on clause??? which the Huns would not be able to pay and therefore they will give us Webster (1 year left on his contract) to compensate for this.

Bit far fetched IMHO however would gladly see Webster at the club as he is an excellent CH (will not happen, pie in the sky).

I can't see Webster being involved in anything like that as the huns want him to play with Weir as Bougherra and Wilson will be offski and they can't afford a transfer fee to get a replacement in

Bostonhibby
10-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Benji's replacement....?

:agree: I have been worried for quite a while about who is going to fill the sulking on the bench position :wink:

SmokieJoe
10-07-2010, 08:25 AM

He is a decent CB, but with his senior club history in scotland, 2 teams in pink and the huns i cant see it.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Probably means it's pish, then IMHO. I said the same with the Hartley rumours - there were tons doing the rounds but there were wee differences in each of the rumours, which points to it being bollocks.

Not been on much recently but I thought Hartley was a "done deal"? Apart from the deal not being signed and that.

How much is Bamba worth? He's got one year left on his contract hasn't he? You've got your head in the clouds if you think we're going to get anymore than £1.5m max IMO - even if he is a squad member of a World Cup side.

Beefster
10-07-2010, 08:38 AM
This rumour might be true, it's likely not. It's funny how folk only come up with the rumours when it involves players we've heard off though.

De Graaf and Stephens - not a whisper from any 'in the know' before they signed. If 'sources' were that good, you'd think it wouldn't make any difference.

SmokieJoe
10-07-2010, 08:40 AM
This rumour might be true, it's likely not. It's funny how folk only come up with the rumours when it involves players we've heard off though.

De Graaf and Stephens - not a whisper from any 'in the know' before they signed. If 'sources' were that good, you'd think it wouldn't make any difference.

Proof that Yogi and the tache like to play things close to their chest 'til the deal is done. it seems its the other parties that the cat out of the bag.

matty_f
10-07-2010, 10:08 AM

I'd pish in my pants if we ever see Webster in a Hibs shirt. There's not a chance in Hell he'd sign for us. How could Rangers not afford the sell-on fee? Surely they'd just take it from the fee that came in? (i.e. sell KT for say, £3m, take £2.5m and give us £0.5m)

matty_f
10-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Not been on much recently but I thought Hartley was a "done deal"? Apart from the deal not being signed and that.

How much is Bamba worth? He's got one year left on his contract hasn't he? You've got your head in the clouds if you think we're going to get anymore than £1.5m max IMO - even if he is a squad member of a World Cup side.

The Hartley one was clearly a wind-up, IMHO. I'd be surprised if we even enquired about him.

Agree about Bamba, too.

sambajustice
10-07-2010, 10:30 AM

And i think a few people seriously over rate Ivan. He is crap! To get half a million pounds for him was incredible. I would avoid that one!

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2010, 10:35 AM
And i think a few people seriously over rate Ivan. He is crap! To get half a million pounds for him was incredible. I would avoid that one!

Double figures in the goal charts, one of the top men with assist too. Never the best, always gave his all, and we certainly missed him. If the price was right, and the manager could fit him in, we could do a lot worse.. He's not crap.

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 11:02 AM

How would Huns not afford any sell-on clause? Did Rodders get them to sign a 100%+ deal in our favour :faf:

Sorry but there is NO chance of Webster at ER - NONE whatsoever.

The post on Bounce has to be a very poor attempt to wind-up the Yams.

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Double figures in the goal charts, one of the top men with assist too. Never the best, always gave his all, and we certainly missed him. If the price was right, and the manager could fit him in, we could do a lot worse.. He's not crap.

:agree:

Must be the only 'crap' player to score a trick at I-Pox! :bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2010, 11:12 AM
:agree:

Must be the only 'crap' player to score a trick at I-Pox! :bitchy:

I'll raise you Allan "Magic" Johnson.

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I'll raise you Allan "Magic" Johnson.

He wasnae crap either .. crap is The Tank, Lee Power, Lithuanians etc ..

whiskyhibby
10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
i think thers a good chance ironside would be better than nish, after all he spends less time on his erse!

:lol::lol: