PDA

View Full Version : Who's staying in Blackpool, and where are you staying?

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 12:19 PM
4 of us booked into The Wellington Hotel on Coop Street and another 4 booking up tomorrow. The hotel is specifically for groups, has a games room and a 24-hour bar. Looks pretty smart from the website. Just up from Central Pier, £59 for the 2 nights, including breakfast. I'm looking forward to it, should be a riot! :greengrin

Plus there's groups of birds booked in...

MSK
09-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Not sure yet ..if there are any supporters buses going down & back on the Sunday me & my Brother will just do that ...or if theres a bus going down on the Sat & back the Sunday we will look for cheapo accommodation ...if theres no buses then its train down on the Sat because the times on Sunday are rank then again a cheapo place to crash till Sunday night or whenever those damn trains run !!! :greengrin

stu in nottingham
09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm planning a stay in nearby Southport with relatives at that time. Hope to bump into a few fellow Hibbies!

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Not sure yet ..if there are any supporters buses going down & back on the Sunday me & my Brother will just do that ...or if theres a bus going down on the Sat & back the Sunday we will look for cheapo accommodation ...if theres no buses then its train down on the Sat because the times on Sunday are rank then again a cheapo place to crash till Sunday night or whenever those damn trains run !!! :greengrin
We're staying Friday and saturday, train home after the game, leaves Blackpool North at 1820 then Preston at 1900. Best getting the trains booked now, saves a small fortune :agree:

MSK
09-07-2010, 01:03 PM
We're staying Friday and saturday, train home after the game, leaves Blackpool North at 1820 then Preston at 1900. Best getting the trains booked now, saves a small fortune :agree:My Bro cant get the Friday off i dont think so it will be the Sat or Sunday travel ..was originaly going down wi Wife n Daughter but Wife cant get time off work either ....SHAME !!!! ...:party::party: ....:greengrin

MSK
09-07-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm planning a stay in nearby Southport with relatives at that time. Hope to bump into a few fellow Hibbies!Are you going to the game Stu ..?

EskbankHibby
09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
4 of us booked into The Wellington Hotel on Coop Street and another 4 booking up tomorrow. The hotel is specifically for groups, has a games room and a 24-hour bar. Looks pretty smart from the website. Just up from Central Pier, £59 for the 2 nights, including breakfast. I'm looking forward to it, should be a riot! :greengrin

Plus there's groups of birds booked in...

Got a picture of Frank McAvennie in my head now.....

stu in nottingham
09-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Are you going to the game Stu ..?

Yes mate, that would be the plan. I visit Southport occasionally but I'd try and tie in a visit especially in order to go and see the Hibees. If I'm there and you are I shall find you my friend. :) I think we're long overdue eh!

HH81
09-07-2010, 01:24 PM
I will be staying in Blackpool but not booked it, should be fun and hope to bump into a few on the night out!!!!!!!!!!!!

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Got a picture of Frank McAvennie in my head now.....
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/07/article-0-053FCB81000005DC-799_468x633.jpg

WHERE'S THE BURDS?

MSK
09-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Yes mate, that would be the plan. I visit Southport occasionally but I'd try and tie in a visit especially in order to go and see the Hibees. If I'm there and you are I shall find you my friend. :) I think we're long overdue eh!Superb stuff Stu ..if you are going to Garry's club then i will catch you in there ...:flag::party::flag:

MacBean
09-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I am heading down with a group of mates, plus our fathers. Its my mates birthday on the saturday so we are making a weekend of it.

I have been advised that it is a "Punk and Rock and roll" festival weekend that weekend in Blackpool and some hotels have been reluctant to take bookings for groups of men who are staying for 1 night:grr:

MSK
09-07-2010, 01:55 PM
I am heading down with a group of mates, plus our fathers. Its my mates birthday on the saturday so we are making a weekend of it.

I have been advised that it is a "Punk and Rock and roll" festival weekend that weekend in Blackpool and some hotels have been reluctant to take bookings for groups of men who are staying for 1 night:grr:Superb ...:rockin:

Bristolhibby
09-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Was going to stay up with a gang of us from Bath, however looking likley I will be moving house that week, so at the moment the best I can get is a day pass.

Thats 3h 40mins up and 3h 40mins back.

Bring it on!!!

J

Pretty Boy
09-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Word of advice if anyone is considering the Romford 'Hotel'.

AVOID.

MacBean
09-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Superb ...:rockin:

no issue with the Punk, rock and roll thing.

just a pain in the neck about the hotels

AugustaHibs
09-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Word of advice if anyone is considering the Romford 'Hotel'.

AVOID.

why?

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Superb ...:rockin:
I'm positive they have it every year, I was down with my folks three or four years ago and the shopping centre around the Winter Gardens were full of ageing punk rockers!!

Stiff Little Fingers are playing on the Saturday for the auld yins heading down... :cool2:

At The Edge
09-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Yep its on every year, great festival, great atmosphere, people just down to enjoy music and aye SLF are on Sat night, Bad Religion on the Sun night. Punks not dead as a famous Edinburgh band said
:rockin:

Pretty Boy
09-07-2010, 05:54 PM
why?

Was in Blackpool for a mates stag weekend a while back and the place is awful, a few highlights included:

The 24hr bar that actually turned out to be a bar that was open when ever the owners could be ersed serving.

The 'full English breakfast' that consisted of a sausage, 2 McCains smilie faces, a rasher of bacon and a scoop of tinned tomatoes.

The fully en suite rooms, except for the rooms that had broken toilets so anyone in those rooms had to use a communal bathroom with a cold shower.

The bedsheets which were minging when we arrived, including 2 sets which were stuck together with an unnamed sticky substance.

The fact that they locked the door at 2AM and wouldn't let anyone in after that time and it was our own fault if we wanted to go out drinking until late apparently. It was a stag weekend FFS.

And to top it all the guy that owned the place had the most ridicluous wig i have ever seen, everytime i saw him i wanted to pi55 myself laughing.

We weren't exactly expecting the Ritz but this place advertised fully en suite, full Englsh breakfast and 24 hour bar. That's all we were really after but the place was just a joke.

Andy Bee
09-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Decided to take the plunge today and booked me and the boy into the Norbreck Castle and make a weekend of it.

Anyone any decent excuses not to go on the Pepsi Max?:greengrin

Ants
09-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Get entry to Blackpool Pleasure Beach for half price for any Sunday this season when booking online, prices work out at:
£15 for Adults
£12.50 for Children

Using the code 1070

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/shop/low_fare.php

frazeHFC
09-07-2010, 09:43 PM
I could stay in Lytham with my Nana who lives there.....but i am on holiday until the 10th. :grr:

bighairyfaeleith
09-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Decided to take the plunge today and booked me and the boy into the Norbreck Castle and make a weekend of it.

Anyone any decent excuses not to go on the Pepsi Max?:greengrin

pepsi once sponsored hearts (ok might not be true but will the lad know that:wink:)

Jumbo
09-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Yep its on every year, great festival, great atmosphere, people just down to enjoy music and aye SLF are on Sat night, Bad Religion on the Sun night. Punks not dead as a famous Edinburgh band said
:rockin:

SLF on friday night http://www.rebellionfestivals.com/index.php?page=bands , going down for festival anyway and bonus Hibs game as well :thumbsup: