PDA

View Full Version : First game of the season moved to the Sunday, 12pm KO!

Antifa Hibs
09-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Plenty others shifted aswell. Sky/ESPN GTF!!!

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=9265

Diclonius
09-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Our first THREE games have all been moved! :bitchy:

Antifa Hibs
09-07-2010, 11:54 AM
First three games of the season for us moved to Sundays. Aberdeen away in October made a 12pm kickoff. Hertz at home moved to a 2.15pm kickoff on the Sunday!

Little wonder naeone bothers actually attending fitba these days!

12AlbionPlace
09-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Sunday November 7
Hibernian v Hearts - Live on Sky Sports, 2.15pm

Fanbloodytastic, laddies football kicks off 2pm on a Sunday now:grr:

Diclonius
09-07-2010, 12:04 PM
For the Well game, If I'm to follow my tried and tested route of going from Carnoustie to Dunde via bus, then to Edinburgh through bus, and finally to Motherwell on a supporters' bus - y'know, to avoid a train fee of £37 - I'm gunna have to get up at 5. :bitchy: Lovely.

marinello59
09-07-2010, 12:05 PM
First three games of the season for us moved to Sundays. Aberdeen away in October made a 12pm kickoff. Hertz at home moved to a 2.15pm kickoff on the Sunday!

:agree:

iwasthere1972
09-07-2010, 12:08 PM

No wonder bus convenors and fans get :grr:

Sunday lunch time kick offs should be outlawed unless all pubs opened at 8am.

zlatan
09-07-2010, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't have been going to these games anyway, well in Sky and ESPN :thumbsup:

Future17
09-07-2010, 12:16 PM
The moves to a Sunday for the Motherwell and Rangers games also means one day less preparation for the Europa games if we make the play-off stage.

Although at least moving the Rangers game means we're not playing them just two days after a potential away draw in the first leg.

Groathillgrump
09-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't have been going to these games anyway, well in Sky and ESPN :thumbsup:

Oh well, that's all right then. Sod the rest of us who are going. :rolleyes:

kaimendhibs
09-07-2010, 12:25 PM

I agree, nae thoughgt to the supporters who actually go to games:rolleyes:

M11BMO
09-07-2010, 12:26 PM

Gun.:grr:

Hermit Crab
09-07-2010, 12:29 PM
On the plus side it saves me having to get a few days off work :greengrin

Juice-Terry
09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Disgusted. Stick yer TV money up yer erse.

'Mon the Cabbage!

iwasthere1972
09-07-2010, 12:45 PM

Hope your TV (and the spare one) explodes. :greengrin

Cabbage East
09-07-2010, 12:47 PM
What a load of absolute pish.

MacBean
09-07-2010, 12:51 PM
our opening fixture will have been moved as it is a possibility that both teams will be playing in Europe on the Thursday of that week. Would be too near the match to change it at the time, that will be why it is moved and after the 6-6 game last season rightly put on TV.

Rangers game is on a sunday and can we really say we werent expecting it to be as well as the hearts games?

So long as the derby at New year is not moved to a Sunday or a 12.30 kick off i dont mind.

Diclonius
09-07-2010, 01:00 PM
On a side note, had anyone noticed that we're due to play Hearts as the final fixture of the first 11 for the second year in a row?! Can't see that happening to the OF, like. :grr:

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Aberdeen away at with a lunchtime kick-off is a death sentance for me and my pals. We'll be bevvying from about 5am! The early kick-off may well be fine for us young laddies, but I understand that it must be a nightmare for those who take the family.

Still, plenty games for the part-timers to enjoy...

:wink:

Joe Baker II
09-07-2010, 01:31 PM
At least our home Derby, although a Sunday, is 215 kick off which I can live with, having stopped my season ticket last year due to the increased number of 12pm kick offs at both home and away games, that is one Hibs home game I will actually try and go to this season.

Much as I object to 12pm kick offs, Hibs actually have not come out of this as badly as fans of other clubs, take no pleasure in this though as plenty of fans other clubs shafted, for example ICT v Hearts at 12pm, and Celtics FIRST game of the season at Inverness is ridiculoulsly at 1215 - just shows how completely supporters are held in contempt by Petrie and other SPL club boards.

As someone said 12pm kick offs should be vetoed full stop even if it impacts on television coverage, does seem clubs doing best to discourage people from attending.

Future17
09-07-2010, 01:34 PM
our opening fixture will have been moved as it is a possibility that both teams will be playing in Europe on the Thursday of that week.

3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg is the 5th August, Motherwell game the 15th August so not moved for that reason.

Moving the Motherwell game actually puts it closer to a Europa League match which will take place on the 19th August if we make the play-offs.

LancashireHibby
09-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Already booked my train tickets to Motherwell for the Saturday, not happy!!

MacBean
09-07-2010, 02:46 PM
3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg is the 5th August, Motherwell game the 15th August so not moved for that reason.

Moving the Motherwell game actually puts it closer to a Europa League match which will take place on the 19th August if we make the play-offs.
:thumbsup:

hadnt realised that there was a two week absence of European football

we are hibs
09-07-2010, 02:51 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/fixtures/default.stm

rangers away at 19:45 and then at home at the same time!!

aberhibsfc
09-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Wouldn't be so bad if they were actually putting decent money into our game. They are not. They even conspired to keep the price down. I find it strange that it was never challenged.

After all market price fixing is illegal. Pair of ********.

When you think of all the money Sky take in subscriptions in Scotland then pour the money back into the EPL.

Hamish
09-07-2010, 03:36 PM
The 4 games from the 23 October look a guaranteed 12 points though:cool2:

seanraff07
09-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Sunday games are ****.

Every game should be a Saturday 3pm k.o.

SlickShoes
09-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Which of the Sky Sports channels are the games usually on? I have BT Vision and we get SS 1 and 2 from August but i dont want to buy it if the SPL games are shown on SS3.

Moulin Yarns
09-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Sunday November 7
Hibernian v Hearts - Live on Sky Sports, 2.15pm

Fanbloodytastic, laddies football kicks off 2pm on a Sunday now:grr:

What a bummer? I'll have to go to the pub on my birthday :greengrin

Keith_M
09-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Woohoo, I can make the first game after all!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Ghaax
09-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Ur ye sure???

According to the fishal site we play Well on the Sunday at 12

....an also the Saturday at 3.

Two games in 21 hours.:greengrin

Mary Hinge
09-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Already booked my train tickets to Motherwell for the Saturday, not happy!!

Unfortunately the TV companies (and to a certain extent, the football clubs) don't give a flying one about the supporters :grr:

Groathillgrump
09-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Which of the Sky Sports channels are the games usually on? I have BT Vision and we get SS 1 and 2 from August but i dont want to buy it if the SPL games are shown on SS3.

Most, if not all SKY SPL games were on SS3 last season.

lyonhibs
09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Sunday games are ****.

Every game should be a Saturday 3pm k.o.

Wouldn't that be lovely.

Shame scottish football needs the TV money, and therefore has to either become a *****eload more self-sufficient or just accept the unhappy reality and take our medicine.

weecounty hibby
09-07-2010, 07:24 PM
The sad fact of the matter is that it's easy money for the clubs from tv. Less staff costs , less stewarding costs and less policing costs due to the number of fans, me being one, who are totally hacked off with not being able to get to games at 3pm on a Saturday and therefor stop attending. I am able to make very few games as it is but all these Sundays and different times is just rediculous. But as long as the clubs are willing to let tv dictate and shaft the regular punter this will keep on happening.

Even the OF fans have had enough. Celtic were down to 20,000 and the Huns regularly struggle to fill Ibrox even when going for the league. I believe a ot of that is down to them hardly ever playing on a Saturday at 3pm anymore.But still the clubs allow it to happen.

ionahibby
09-07-2010, 08:00 PM
:grr: Raging just ****ed my plans right up,had planned a day out on the sauce with mates. Note to sky/espn its not going to be 6-6 again!!

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm on holiday on the south coast of England and was watching the fixtures come up on Sky Sports News wearing Hibs top, couldn't believe that St Mirren away is on SKY, anyhow guy comes up to me and starts chatting about footy, turns out his mate is a hibby and brought him up to Edinburgh in Feb for Hibs game. First Hibs top he's seen down here apart from his mates, any Hibby here from Bognor Regis?:greengrin

DC_Hibs
09-07-2010, 09:48 PM
TV dictates in all countries unfortunately. Had to book another flight out of EDI as was supposed to fly at 12.40pm on the sunday. Took the risk that the game would be on the saturday and booked early to get a decent fare - ended up costing me more!!

At least there is plenty notice of all fixtures up to November already.

Bundesliga can give as little as 2 or 3 weeks notice of TV games meaning it could be a Fri, Sat or Sunday yet you are still expected to buy tickets well in advance despite not knowing when the game is.

Every game in top two divisions is televised live yet it hasn't harmed their attendances.

monktonharp
09-07-2010, 09:57 PM

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=9265 Well, that is a rip-roaring start of the season for Hibs fans, what a f/kin joke. can see us having great support/backing at the likes of Paisley and Aberdeen ,great times eh?:grr:

weecounty hibby
09-07-2010, 10:01 PM
TV dictates in all countries unfortunately. Had to book another flight out of EDI as was supposed to fly at 12.40pm on the sunday. Took the risk that the game would be on the saturday and booked early to get a decent fare - ended up costing me more!!

At least there is plenty notice of all fixtures up to November already.

Bundesliga can give as little as 2 or 3 weeks notice of TV games meaning it could be a Fri, Sat or Sunday yet you are still expected to buy tickets well in advance despite not knowing when the game is.

Every game in top two divisions is televised live yet it hasn't harmed their attendances.
My understanding is that Bundesliga games do not cost between £25 and £32 to get in though

monktonharp
09-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't have been going to these games anyway, well in Sky and ESPN :thumbsup: you no be better off being an OF fan? you would hardly need to leave the hoose,like maist East coast old firmers

frazeHFC
09-07-2010, 10:07 PM
So we have to wait for our 4th match for a Saturday! :grr: What is happening to football! :grr:

Albanian Hibs
10-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Back to getting up at 3am again to watch the games online :grr::grr::grr:

DC_Hibs
10-07-2010, 06:33 AM
My understanding is that Bundesliga games do not cost between £25 and £32 to get in though

Have paid more than that at a few places in Germany.
Standing tickets are certainly very cheap but limited in numbers - especially for away fans.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2010, 07:57 AM

:agree: I'm with you.

Makes a change for folk not to be complaining about Old Firm TV.

Oh well, that's all right then. Sod the rest of us who are going. :rolleyes:

Not at all - you can still go. Noone's stopping 'cos it's now on the telly.

marinello59
10-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Not at all - you can still go. Noone's stopping 'cos it's now on the telly.

True. Makes travel akward for some though.

SmokieJoe
10-07-2010, 08:28 AM

first and 3rd fixtures suite me being on the box, i was never getting to either of them. i think the last time we had as much sky coverage we had a great season:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2010, 08:32 AM
True. Makes travel akward for some though.

The way I look at it is - the majority don't go to away games anyway so they benefit. Those that do go just have to leave a bit earlier to drive through or get on the supporters bus. Those that live a bit further away and don't drive so need to get a train or that may be struggling.

How many folk actually fall into the last category? Less than 100? Not very many IMO. You can't please all the people all of the time.

marinello59
10-07-2010, 08:39 AM
The way I look at it is - the majority don't go to away games anyway so they benefit. Those that do go just have to leave a bit earlier to drive through or get on the supporters bus. Those that live a bit further away and don't drive so need to get a train or that may be struggling.

How many folk actually fall into the last category? Less than 100? Not very many IMO. You can't please all the people all of the time.

True. Perhaps the travelling supporter should all just shut up accept inconvenient kick off times.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2010, 08:42 AM
True. Perhaps the travelling supporter should all just shut up accept inconvenient kick off times.

It's not inconvenient for everyone though is it? :wink:

marinello59
10-07-2010, 08:52 AM
It's not inconvenient for everyone though is it? :wink:

No, not everybody.
Get the beers in, we are all gonna watch the games in your house.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2010, 08:54 AM
No, not everybody.
Get the beers in, we are all gonna watch the games in your house.:greengrin

Too early in the morning for me. :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
10-07-2010, 09:14 AM

Course they benefit, at the expense of lads and lassies who go everyweek, who now effectively have their two away days spoiled. Motherwell at 12 on a Sunday, with limited trains it could mean being at the station for 9am, which means staying in/early night on Saturday, it then could mean being in Motherwell anything from an hour before kickoff, nae pubs open so nae pint, utter ****** and boring as f***. Compared to a Saturday where it would've been a top day out, early train, bookies, pub, Hibs game, pub, late train home. But hey ho, as long as those who had no intention of going can now watch it on their big tele's, who gives a f*** about the hardcore support :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Course they benefit, at the expense of lads and lassies who go everyweek, who now effectively have their two away days spoiled. Motherwell at 12 on a Sunday, with limited trains it could mean being at the station for 9am, which means staying in/early night on Saturday, it then could mean being in Motherwell anything from an hour before kickoff, nae pubs open so nae pint, utter ****** and boring as f***. Compared to a Saturday where it would've been a top day out, early train, bookies, pub, Hibs game, pub, late train home. But hey ho, as long as those who had no intention of going can now watch it on their big tele's, who gives a f*** about the hardcore support :agree:

Other options than the train are available.

Look after the majority and the minority will look after themselves.

matty_f
10-07-2010, 10:01 AM

You could stay at home - get a few beers from Tesco and that, get a bookies online, stand outside if you want a fag and get someone with an inferiority complex to wear a bright yellow jacket and shout at you if you stand up.

seanraff07
10-07-2010, 01:12 PM

The majority of SPL games are on Sky Sports 3.

stu in nottingham
10-07-2010, 01:22 PM
It can make a trip home for a distant fan quite difficult. I've booked flights before now only to find that the date and time of the game has shifted afterwards.

monktonharp
10-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Other options than the train are available.

Look after the majority and the minority will look after themselves. deary deary me:yawn:

yekimevol
10-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Im realtively ok with the sunday games and the strange times as long as the cash comes in BUT my main problem is when people dont think !!!!!! :grr: i.e. edinburgh to aberdeen at 12.00hello its a 120 miles !!!!!!

Keith_M
11-07-2010, 05:55 AM

Actually, some seats do, but there's a much bigger range of prices in the Bundesliga than here (e.g. Wolfsburg from 19EUR to 44EUR seated, 12EUR standing).

Amazingly enough, they take the view that having a decent amount of cheaper tickets means those on lower incomes aren't excluded from games.

A Football association that is actually interested in the supporters! Whatever next?

Beefster
11-07-2010, 07:03 AM
I think we should tell TV to gtf and put the season ticket prices up by £1,000.

Everyone would be happy to accept that, right?

matty_f
11-07-2010, 07:38 AM
I think we should tell TV to gtf and put the season ticket prices up by £1,000.

Everyone would be happy to accept that, right?

Especially when they realise that if they can't make the game for whatever reason then they've no chance at all of seeing it.:thumbsup: