PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or are we the only Team making signings for cash?

WellingtonHibby
09-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Other than Ra'Sellick and us, has anyone else paid a transfer fee yet?

Is everyone else skinto?
If so, it has to bode well for us in the upcoming season, we seem to builing a squad of depth and quality that even the Hunds are struggling to match ( I read somewhere they have a first Team squad of 18?)

Without hubris, we should, on paper be looking to take third comfortably with this squad when compared to the rest of SPL, or am i just way off the mark?

Speedway
09-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Way off the mark :greengrin

You're greatly underestimating the potential of Houston's Arabs and the fact that they have a settled side for the third year running. You're also underestimating what boredom footie can achieve and this seasons's dark horses for me will be Paw Broon's Mothers.

WellingtonHibby
09-07-2010, 08:26 AM

You're greatly underestimating the potential of Houston's Arabs and the fact that they have a settled side for the third year running. You're also underestimating what boredom footie can achieve and this seasons's dark horses for me will be Paw Broon's Mothers.

Touche' Sir!

I suspect that they will have a couple of cheeky bids for Gomis, Goodwillie and Swanson, maybe ever Dodds too. DO they have the resolve and finanace to knock them back? If not, the settled team will be no more! - Motherwell have lost a fair few of thier cracking loanees from last season, Ruddy, Juckewiez(?) amonsgt others, If Broonaldo can get similar quality then i agree, but without that injection they will struggle to IMHO.

Jack
09-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I wasn’t aware we had paid any transfer fees for the players we have so far acquired

Michael Hart – released from contract
Edwin de Graaf – end of contract
David Stephens - ???

Speedway
09-07-2010, 08:28 AM
I wasn’t aware we had paid any transfer fees for the players we have so far acquired

Michael Hart – released from contract
Edwin de Graaf – end of contract
David Stephens - ???

DS was an 'Undisclosed fee'

stokesmessiah
09-07-2010, 10:07 AM
DS was an 'Undisclosed fee'

I have read 50k in a quite a few places !

IWasThere2016
09-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Was Hart freed by PNE? If not we may have paid a nominal fee :dunno:

EskbankHibby
09-07-2010, 10:33 AM

Got to agree about boredom football but i would apply it more to the bloodied turd tops from Gorgie instead of Motherwell, i think FJK will get them organised and painful as it will be to watch they will be challenging with us and the arabs for 3rd imo.

I think Paw Broon will be shown to be a half season wonder and Motherwell will be mid-table mediocrity.

Opinions and all that eh?:greengrin

.Sean.
09-07-2010, 10:50 AM

They've lost Wilkie through retirement and Webster has returned to Rangers so their backline is already weaker.

Add in the fact that they are skint and will sell Goodwillie, Conway, Swanson, Kenneth and Gomis if a decent offer comes in. If they lose a few of their better players on top of their first choice central defence pairing then they're nowhere near as strong as they were last year.

BEEJ
09-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Other than Ra'Sellick and us, has anyone else paid a transfer fee yet?

Is everyone else skinto?
We've spent a nominal sum on Stephens and no transfer fees for either de Graaf or Hart.

Yes, it's just you. :greengrin

TheBall'sRound
09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Was Hart freed by PNE? If not we may have paid a nominal fee :dunno:

Don't have the link but I'm sure it was a "cancelled by mutual agreement" job