PDA

View Full Version : Should we sign a backup right back?

Diclonius
08-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I've been reading about Hart's injury problems and it has come to light that if he were to suffer another one, or lose his form then we're pretty much back to square one for a large chunk of the season. I hope Yogi's enquiring about a couple of additional right backs to that we can get rid of this problem position once and for all. Calum Woods anyone?

500miles
08-07-2010, 10:07 PM
I think the issue was to take the pressure off of Wotherspoon. If he's not forced to play there every week, then I don't think it's all that much of a problem.

BEEJ
08-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I've been reading about Hart's injury problems and it has come to light that if he were to suffer another one, or lose his form then we're pretty much back to square one for a large chunk of the season. I hope Yogi's enquiring about a couple of additional right backs to that we can get rid of this problem position once and for all. Calum Woods anyone?
And very soon Yogi could have a 'right-back school' at East Mains! :agree:

ian cruise
08-07-2010, 11:02 PM

we waited this long for one, surely youre just being greedy now? :greengrin

Long suffering
09-07-2010, 02:33 PM
I think the issue was to take the pressure off of Wotherspoon. If he's not forced to play there every week, then I don't think it's all that much of a problem.

yeah id agree, he is more than an able deputy and while i doubt it mccann may get fit again

Pretty Boy
09-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Not really a priority i don't think. Wotherspoon is decent enough there for a few games a season and theres still an outside chance McCann will return to full fitness.

CapitalHibs
09-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Maybe a bit soon - but the boy Taggert can play at right back:dunno:

JoeT
09-07-2010, 02:58 PM
We should probably get in another keeper as well

MyJo
09-07-2010, 04:04 PM
McCann deserves a chance IMO and if Hart isn't fit or is being rested then McCann needs to prove himself there, if all else fails Wotherspoon has shown he can handle a few games in that position.

This is a make or break season for McCann, if he can't get back to fitness and prove his worth to the team then he will be away at the end of the season and young Taggart will be stepping up to take his place.

Musselbound
09-07-2010, 04:05 PM
We should probably get in another keeper as well

:faf:

As has been said Wotherspoon played at RB for most of last season so can surely manage in an emergency. There's also McCann and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Thicot who's had some good games at RB. In short, Hibs are not made of money so I think that should do for that position.

ian cruise
10-07-2010, 12:16 AM
:faf:

As has been said Wotherspoon played at RB for most of last season so can surely manage in an emergency. There's also McCann and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Thicot who's had some good games at RB. In short, Hibs are not made of money so I think that should do for that position.

i think thicot will probably be used as a central defender when he gets a game this season, in my opinion him being right back was out of neccessity more than anything else

Speedy
10-07-2010, 12:31 AM
i think thicot will probably be used as a central defender when he gets a game this season, in my opinion him being right back was out of neccessity more than anything else

:agree:

I wasn't that impressed with Thicot at rb but thought he was very solid at cb. McCann and Wotherspoon should be more than enough cover for us at rb.