PDA

View Full Version : Did you know .....

BEEJ
08-07-2010, 05:51 PM
.... that De Graaf and Hart are the oldest members of our current squad of 28 players while Stephens is the third youngest and (of course) Taggart and Scott Smith are the youngest!

So the five new names introduced to the squad so far this summer are at either one end of the age spectrum or the other. Fascinating, eh? :nerd:

:tumble:

Well, I thought so.

Mibbes Aye
08-07-2010, 07:31 PM
.... that De Graaf and Hart are the oldest members of our current squad of 28 players while Stephens is the third youngest and (of course) Taggart and Scott Smith are the youngest!

So the five new names introduced to the squad so far this summer are at either one end of the age spectrum or the other. Fascinating, eh? :nerd:

Well, I thought so.

:greengrin

Hopefully it fits with some of what Yogi has said in the past.

We need some experience and solidity in key positions. DG and Hart hopefully provide that.

At the same time we need to be acquiring young talent (home-grown or bought-in), developing them and eventually selling them on at a profit.

We don't need to do that to survive, or even necessarily to remain stable. We've done that bit more or less already. But if we can continue to do it it will give us the chance to progressively invest more on the playing side, win some, lose some, but hopefully continue that incremental growth, with a lot less risk than our less-stable rivals.

We've seen the benefit in steady, gradual growth over the last few years. Hopefully we can continue that and reap the benefits, which in an environment like Scottish football are almost self-perpetuating.

Jonnyboy
08-07-2010, 08:23 PM

Well, I thought so.

Me too Beej :wink:

As Mibbes says it can't be a bad thing introducing experience to what's a pretty young side :thumbsup: