PDA

View Full Version : Pre-heating an oven?

.Sean.
08-07-2010, 04:09 PM
How long does an oven take to pre-heat? I've to make my own tea, was gonna just chuck it in the microwave but that won't cook oven chips, popcorn chicken and spicy chicken wings. I can follow the instructions for cooking these, but ho long will the oven take? I'm starving, and i'm not waiting for my Mum or Sis to get in.

As you can tell, i'm not up to very much in the kitchen...!

PiemanP
08-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Phone a woman...anyone will do :agree:

OtterHibee
08-07-2010, 05:03 PM
How long does an oven take to pre-heat? I've to make my own tea, was gonna just chuck it in the microwave but that won't cook oven chips, popcorn chicken and spicy chicken wings. I can follow the instructions for cooking these, but ho long will the oven take? I'm starving, and i'm not waiting for my Mum or Sis to get in.

As you can tell, i'm not up to very much in the kitchen...!

It'll depend on your oven and the temperature you're cooking at, but generally it should be 10-15 minutes at the most. Most ovens also have an indicator light that will display when the required temperature is reached.

SRHibs
08-07-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm also too lazy to wait.
I tend to just stick whatever I want to cook in straight away, and let it cook for an extra 5 minutes or so.:agree:

Speedy
09-07-2010, 05:43 AM
If it's not on yet I'd get a takeaway

Woody1985
09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm also too lazy to wait.
I tend to just stick whatever I want to cook in straight away, and let it cook for an extra 5 minutes or so.:agree:

That does my nut in when people cook you food that's way. Incosiderate *******s, cooking my food wrong! :grr::grr::grr:

EDIT; you do realise that waiting for replies is wasting the time it would have taken to heat the oven.