PDA

View Full Version : Team for next season

Hibeescott
08-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Now that the team/squad is starting to take shape for next year, what would be your starting 11 for Motherwell?

Mine would be as follows:

..........................................Stack... .......................................

Hart.......................Hogg................... .Bamba............................Murray

........................................McBride... ......................................

............................De Graaf................Miller....................... .....

.........Zemmama.................................. ..........................Riordan.....

........................................Stokes.... .......................................

IMO that is a very strong side. With Buzz/brown/hanlon/thicot/ 'D' / nish / welsh / kurtis/galbraith all as back up, we are looking good.

frazeHFC
08-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Now that the team/squad is starting to take shape for next year, what would be your starting 11 for Motherwell?

Mine would be as follows:

..........................................Stack... .......................................

Hart.......................Hogg................... .Bamba............................Murray

........................................McBride... ......................................

............................De Graaf................Miller....................... .....

.........Zemmama.................................. ..........................Riordan.....

........................................Stokes.... .......................................

IMO that is a very strong side. With Buzz/brown/hanlon/thicot/ 'D' / nish / welsh / kurtis/galbraith all as back up, we are looking good.

I prefer Smith to Stack......and then again hopefully Mark Brown will be good enough to go in goals.

I would go with:

Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Murray

Miller DeGraaf McBride

Zemmama Riordan

Stokes

MWHIBBIES
08-07-2010, 03:39 PM
For me it would be

.....................................Smith ......................................
Hart...................... Hogg.......... Bamba.................... Murray
.........................De graaf....Mcbride.....Miller.....................
Wotherspoon....................................... ............................

..................................stokes.......... ...............deeks

Seems a bit wierd but riordan is more of a left forward than a left mid IMO.
Also the gk is a bit of a lucky dip as smith and stack are a bit hot and cold and i dont realy know much about brown.

gackohibs
08-07-2010, 03:53 PM
================Brown===============

==Hart======Hogg========Hanlon====Murray=

================Bamba===============

==Wotherspoon====================Miller==

===============De Graff================

===========Stokes========Deek==========

Subs/ Stack, Thicot, Zemmama, Rankin, Nish, McBride, Galbraith.

Speedway
08-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Brown
Hart
Stephens
Bamba
Murray
Zoumer
De Graaf
Miller
Butt
Riordan
Kluivert

Sloppy
08-07-2010, 04:02 PM
stack/brown
hart stephens bamba murray
wotherspoon miller degraaf zemamma
stokes deeks

CapitalHibs
08-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Brown
Hart
Stephens
Bamba
Murray
Zoumer
De Graaf
Miller
Butt
Riordan
Kluivert

Speedway - you're just a bloody tease!!:wink:

jonny
08-07-2010, 04:28 PM

Agree with this one - if Bamba moves on the Id move De Graaf back to the holding role, and either have Miller behind the strikers with Galbraith on the left or Zemmama coming in just behind the strikers.
We have a fair bit cover in most positions now which is good. I'd still like a quicker left back, perhaps Murray could fit into the holding role as well - his lack of pace might not get expolited so much there.

It'll be interesting to see how Hughes lines up against Dunfermline but after the Hart signing Im quite excited about the new season.

100/1 Hibs to win the league.......

Hughes has once again shown how shrewd he is in the transfer market - credit where its due - well done Yogi!

Judas Iscariot
08-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Brown

Hart
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

Zemamma
De Graaf
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Hibeescott
08-07-2010, 08:01 PM

My concern with this would be there is no width in this side at all. Miller is a CM and wotherspoon isn't a natural winger either.

I also dont understand the suggestion from someone of De Graaf on the left wing..........we have been told he is a RM and at push a box to box midfielder, suggesting possible playing him in CM.

CapitalHibs
08-07-2010, 08:08 PM
My concern with this would be there is no width in this side at all. Miller is a CM and wotherspoon isn't a natural winger either.

I also dont understand the suggestion from someone of De Graaf on the left wing..........we have been told he is a RM and at push a box to box midfielder, suggesting possible playing him in CM.

I would agree with that. But we haven't really had any since Whitty and Murph and that's been a big problem. Hopefully Yogi will address the left back spot now that we've got Hart who loves to bomb forward.

Gmack7
08-07-2010, 08:33 PM
brown

hart bamba hanlon murray

wotherspoon de.graf miller riordan

zemmama

stokes

SteveHFC
08-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Brown

Hart
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

Wotherspoon
De Graff
Miller
Zemamma

Ant and Deek

Subs:
Stack
Hogg
Stevenson
Mcbride
Rankin
Byrne or New Striker
Nish

CapitalHibs
08-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Brown

Hart
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

Wotherspoon
De Graff
Miller
Zemamma

Ant and Deek

Subs:
Stack
Hogg
Stevenson
Mcbride
Rankin
Byrne or New Striker
Nish

Wot about the lad in yer avatar??

SteveHFC
09-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Wot about the lad in yer avatar??

He doesn't make it in my team.

drifter533814
09-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Doesn't matter to me as we kick off on my birthday,
three points will do!!!!!

CapitalHibs
09-07-2010, 01:26 AM
He doesn't make it in my team.

Oooooooooooooooooooooo -nice edit:rolleyes:

Doesnae even make yer avatar now

Hibeescott
09-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Quite a few people are putting de graaf and miller together in a 2 in midfield. It is obviously difficult to say when we haven't seen de graaf but to me it sounds like they would be two players who probably couldnt play together in there, like a gerrard/lampard combo, were we actually want both of them pushing forward. hence why i put mcbride sitting behind them in a 3.

number9dream
09-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Most of the line-ups look pretty impressive, with the emphasis very much on attack.

I'm slightly worried about a lack of steel in the middle of the park. Who is going to win the ball back for us?

Teams doing well at the World Cup have tended to play with two disciplined holding players, allowing a front four and full-backs to push on. McBride is the only guy we have that comes close to fitting the bill, Thicot at a stretch.

I don't suppose Bayern will let us have van Bommel or Schweinsteiger but I'd like to see Hughes bring in a hard man that can pick a pass.

The teams listed above should be able to get the better of most SPL sides, especially at home, but we need a bit of extra grit for cold nights in Inverness etc.

gackohibs
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM

he isnt a natural winger no but i IMO think to try and apply it to his game he be a fantastic asset to the team. he has all the attributes getting forward. If not they could slip into a 4-4-2.

nickwhibs
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Brown

Hart
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

Zemamma
De Graaf
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes