PDA

View Full Version : out of contract?

Johnny_Leith
08-07-2010, 01:35 PM
At the end of the season the following players are all out of contract at the end of this season, I think:

Bamba, Riordan, Smith, Stack, Thicot, Miller, McBride, Zouma, Stevenson, McCann

Can anyone confirm? Would love to see new contracts given to Miller, Riordan, Zouma and Bamba.

HibeeMcGinn1
08-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I think mccann may be let go. Just hasnt been as good as he can be since the cup final season. Pretty injury prone aswell. We'll struggle to keep bamba, if he wants to leave he will. Hopefully we can Deek Zouma McBride and Miller. Dont get people whod happily let Deek go, 15 goals from a midfielder isnt a bad return.

H18sry
08-07-2010, 01:56 PM
At the end of the season the following players are all out of contract at the end of this season, I think:

Bamba, Riordan, Smith, Stack, Thicot, Miller, McBride, Zouma, Stevenson, McCann

Can anyone confirm? Would love to see new contracts given to Miller, Riordan, Zouma and Bamba.

I heard in Greggs that he has been offered an extension and has accepted it :wink:

Johnny_Leith
08-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I heard in Greggs that he has been offered an extension and has accepted it :wink:

That would be fantastic news! I think Miller suffered from not playing for a couple of years, not to mention carrying a calf injury and a full seasons graft which caught up with him - hence the decline in performances in the second half in the season. Hopefully with a full pre-season behind him he can keep performing the way we know he can throughout the whole season and if he does he'll be in line for all the POTY awards imo.

HibeeB
08-07-2010, 02:38 PM

Would be happy if that is true.

A fit Miller is an asset to the team.

Having said that if I'd accepted all the extension offers I've had my boaby would be 2.7 metres long now.

MyJo
08-07-2010, 04:13 PM
That would be fantastic news! I think Miller suffered from not playing for a couple of years, not to mention carrying a calf injury and a full seasons graft which caught up with him - hence the decline in performances in the second half in the season. Hopefully with a full pre-season behind him he can keep performing the way we know he can throughout the whole season and if he does he'll be in line for all the POTY awards imo.

I think we suffered towards the end of last season because of injuries to players like McBride and Zemmama but also due to a bit of burnout with Miller and Stokes as they would not have been used to playing as many games as they did in a season, same goes for Wotherspoon when the hard slog of a season in the first team caught up with him towards the end, hopefully a good pre-season under thier belts this year will stand them in good stead going into the new season :agree:

Miller, Riordan, McBride and Zouma getting contract extensions would be just as good as any new signing this season IMO, i would also like to see Bamba sign an extention to his contract and spend another season here on the understanding that we wont stand in his way next summer if a club come in for him, another good season in the SPL and Europa League experience would be good for his CV :thumbsup:

hibee62
09-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Has Thicot signed a new contract? I thought his was up this summer but I've not seen anything about him being let go (ala Benji, Cregg...) but nothing about him signing a renewal either?