PDA

View Full Version : Does Size Matter?

Speedway
08-07-2010, 12:29 PM
With the acquisition of Hart, our squad (including the children on loan) is now up to 29.

Presumably any further signings are going to require player departures first.

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I'd have thought we will lose a few more players by the end of this transfer window. Hopefully stevenson thicot will go, i'd imagine bamba will be off, and maybe zemamma. It would not surprise me if nish went too.

H18sry
08-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I'd have thought we will lose a few more players by the end of this transfer window. Hopefully stevenson thicot will go, i'd imagine bamba will be off, and maybe zemamma. It would not surprise me if nish went too.

:pray:

Baldy Foghorn
08-07-2010, 12:55 PM

Nish is still an important outlet for us.....

5 goals in his last two games.......

If Sproule is deemed a legend, then so must colin.........:greengrin

iwasthere1972
08-07-2010, 12:57 PM

Aye but it might surprise him. :greengrin

I like Nishie. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 01:01 PM

Nish got us into Europe, so yes he's right up there in illustrious company with Konte.:thumbsup: He did very well at the end of last season, i'd like better though, and hope we can get someone who is. I have heard there have been a couple of enquiries for Colin, if Yogi could get someone better, i think he'd let him go.

Baldy Foghorn
08-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Nish got us into Europe, so yes he's right up there in illustrious company with Konte.:thumbsup: He did very well at the end of last season, i'd like better though, and hope we can get someone who is. I have heard there have been a couple of enquiries for Colin, if Yogi could get someone better, i think he'd let him go.

Possibly, but I think it will be a case now of players leaving, before others are brought in?

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Possibly, but I think it will be a case now of players leaving, before others are brought in?

I still think we will bring in at least one more player, and should we have a few who leave, we will possibly bring in more.

Baldy Foghorn
08-07-2010, 01:08 PM
I still think we will bring in at least one more player, and should we have a few who leave, we will possibly bring in more.

Will be interesting to see who leaves, especially as Yogi is looking at another defender at the moment.....

vahibbie
08-07-2010, 01:09 PM

Have to agree, I'm also a wee bit surprised we haven't lost any more players. Can't see either Stevenson or Thicot getting a sniff at the first team so probably better for them if they moved on. Selling Bamba would probably mean us needing another new CB. Hope Zouma stays, if we manage to get into the group stage I think he could be a big player for us.

SunnyLeither
08-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Will be interesting to see who leaves, especially as Yogi is looking at another defender at the moment.....

Ye cannae leave it there man!!! :bitchy: Spill the beans :wink:

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Have to agree, I'm also a wee bit surprised we haven't lost any more players. Can't see either Stevenson or Thicot getting a sniff at the first team so probably better for them if they moved on. Selling Bamba would probably mean us needing another new CB. Hope Zouma stays, if we manage to get into the group stage I think he could be a big player for us.

Zemamma is a difficult one. He's currently injured, i have no idea when he's due back, but he's into his last year of his contract, and Hibs wont want to lose him for nothing, but it will be difficult to sell an injured player. And if he takes a while to get fit, he will be worth nothing with 6 months left.

aberhibsfc
08-07-2010, 01:51 PM
We let Benji, Maka and Cregg go, so we are no really that bigger a squad.
Better quality but possibly more expensive, although the reduction in wage bill would ease this.

Perspective
08-07-2010, 02:37 PM
I hope, for his own sake, that Stevenson goes.

Still think he could develop into a good SPL player but at his age he really has to be playing regularly and in a fixed position if he's to progress and not stagnate.

If he stays with us I just see a repeat of the last two seasons - only really called upon to plug gaps at left-back, left-midfield or rarely in the centre. It would suit us to have someone like that but not really fair on him. Think similarly of Thicot and Byrne.

Don't think a club our size can justify three senior keepers either. Bamba and Stokes likely to go (unless Celtic sign Hooper) so that would get us back to a tighter unit.

hibsboy90
08-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't be overly bothered if Stevenson left the club, but he would leave with good wishes. Thicot I would like to see stay at ER, he is a useful squad player and can fill in 3 positions, strong and athletic, a poor sol bamba :wink:

If/When Stokes leaves, we need to sign another player who has proven they can cut it at SPL or higher level, maybe another with something to prove. If not, then Nish should be kept on IMO, as he has scored as the SPL level for years now, maybe not ideal quality for one pushing 3rd place, but can play SPL football.

Colin obviously has his faults, indiscipline and when things arent going our way he goes hiding.

BEEJ
08-07-2010, 05:55 PM
With the acquisition of Hart, our squad (including the children on loan) is now up to 29.

Presumably any further signings are going to require player departures first.
I make it 30. :wink:

But yes, the next announcement I would expect to be a departure.

Hibs On Tour
08-07-2010, 06:13 PM

Said it before and will say it again - Nish is a perfectly decent squad player for us and chips in with a reasonable return of goals as such. Not a world beater but then again we neither expect him to be nor does he portray himself as such.