PDA

View Full Version : Vlad wants to buy the Bank

greenginger
08-07-2010, 12:03 PM
There is a headline on Google finance saying Vlad wants to own Ukio Bankas outright and buy out the other shareholders.

He obviously does not want to do his dirty washing, I mean laundering , in Public.

Heraghty's
08-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Vlad is required by Lithuanian law to do this because he converted his recent cash loan to the bank into shares, thus going over the 40% threshold.
I think he will have to offer an average price over the past six months, so the Ukio shares -- which had plummeted -- have suddenly shot up with the prospect of grabbing some cold, hard Vlad cash.
He either wants to get all his dealings in-house, so that Russian Mafia cash can get laundered without any pesky outsiders poking their nose in.
Or the Bank of Lithuania have forced him to do this, in which case he may not have the readies, and this could get embarrassing. :agree:

Either way, I reckon Interpol could have the final say. :wink::wink:

Sergey
08-07-2010, 04:50 PM
A quick 'back-of-a-fag-packet-calculation' and I'd reckon he could buyout the other shareholders (50% of unowned shares) for £30 million.

Just shows how much doo-doo Hearts are in when the banks total worth is only slightly greater than the club debt.

Sergey
09-07-2010, 09:25 AM
There is a headline on Google finance saying Vlad wants to own Ukio Bankas outright and buy out the other shareholders.

He obviously does not want to do his dirty washing, I mean laundering , in Public.

Ukio have issued the following statement:

Concerning the information received from shareholder Vladimir Romanov

As at July 8, 2010, AB Ukio bankas received a report from shareholder Vladimir
Romanov about applied request to Competition Council of the Republic of
Lithuania for permission to increase the controlled block of shares of AB Ukio
bankas up to 100 percent, and about request to Bank of Lithuania for permission
to increase the controlled block of shares of AB Ukio bankas up to 100 percent.
Implementing resolution of the AB Ukio bankas ordinary general meeting held on
March 26, 2010, to increase share capital, Vladimir Romanov is obligated to lay
mandatory tender offer to purchase the rest shares of AB Ukio bankas according
to the Laws of the Republic of Lithuania.

Martin
09-07-2010, 10:39 AM
I think if he 'sells'/gives some of his shares to Roman then he would not need to do this, as he would then be under the

One of the shareholders is GE capital bank which is now Santander, and as they are not desperate on cash I think they will look for full value so I dont think he has the cash to do this anyway....

greenginger
09-07-2010, 11:26 AM
I think if he 'sells'/gives some of his shares to Roman then he would not need to do this, as he would then be under the

One of the shareholders is GE capital bank which is now Santander, and as they are not desperate on cash I think they will look for full value so I dont think he has the cash to do this anyway....

I think having been in ownership of the number of shares to trigger the obligation to offer for the remainder of the share issue Vlad can't turn back the clock by transferring shares to the sprog or UBIG. He may have had some bad advice or is just plain thick.
Talking of thick, over the road they think this is all positive news proving Vlad is a big player in World Finance and they won't have to worry about their debt any more.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dr Jimmy
09-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Could he not actually playing this quite well? Increasing his shareholding whilst the price is low and getting to the stage where he can offer for the remainder of the shares at a price based on their average worth over the last few months ie very low.
I know very little about this kind of thing, but buying when the price is very low and gaining full control for less than it would previously cost him could be a good bit of business if the bank has the potential to grow......:dunno:

Sergey
09-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Could he not actually playing this quite well? Increasing his shareholding whilst the price is low and getting to the stage where he can offer for the remainder of the shares at a price based on their average worth over the last few months ie very low.
I know very little about this kind of thing, but buying when the price is very low and gaining full control for less than it would previously cost him could be a good bit of business if the bank has the potential to grow......:dunno:

On the flip side and using your theory, ask yourself why no other suitor has enquired or placed a bid to buy the bank.

CropleyWasGod
09-07-2010, 11:49 AM
On the flip side and using your theory, ask yourself why no other suitor has enquired or placed a bid to buy the bank.

Cos someone called in the middle of the night suggesting they didn't? :confused:

Malthibby
09-07-2010, 11:52 AM
The only thing Vlad plays well is the Yambolino support; the idea that they view this as good news beggars belief.
What exactly is the collective for a large number of astoundingly thick folk, apart from Hearts fans of course?
GG

Dr Jimmy
09-07-2010, 11:53 AM

Fair point, but there have been so many announcements of his demise or his potential financial ruin that I am beginning to think he may not be as mad as we think.

PS. I hope I am wrong......!

greenginger
09-07-2010, 02:23 PM
The only thing Vlad plays well is the Yambolino support; the idea that they view this as good news beggars belief.
What exactly is the collective for a large number of astoundingly thick folk, apart from Hearts fans of course?
GG

Is this a question for me ?

Ukio Bankas investors :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
09-07-2010, 02:27 PM
TBH vlad is no mug, rest assured when it all goes tits up he will still be smiling. He probably can afford to buy ukio, and probably sell it later or just run it into the ground for some other purpose:wink:

The problem hearts have is they just don't appreciate that vlad is only concerned about his own profit, thats why he has taken millions out of hearts via an overdraft with ukio. If hearts go bust then they drag ukio down as well, but rest assured vlads cash will be safely tucked away:agree:

mowgli
10-07-2010, 11:21 AM
TBH vlad is no mug, rest assured when it all goes tits up he will still be smiling. He probably can afford to buy ukio, and probably sell it later or just run it into the ground for some other purpose:wink:

The problem hearts have is they just don't appreciate that vlad is only concerned about his own profit, thats why he has taken millions out of hearts via an overdraft with ukio. If hearts go bust then they drag ukio down as well, but rest assured vlads cash will be safely tucked away:agree:

Only a very small portion of debt is owed to ukio. Its UBIG who own Hearts debt. The demise of ukio would not bring down Hearts or vice versa as ukio are owned by UBIG too.

Sergey
10-07-2010, 11:27 AM
ukio are owned by UBIG too.

You better go check your facts, bud. Ukio are a Plc on the Baltic Exchange and UBIG have little or no shareholding.

mowgli
10-07-2010, 11:36 AM
You better go check your facts, bud. Ukio are a Plc on the Baltic Exchange and UBIG have little or no shareholding.

Ubig took over as Guarantor of Hearts debt in February.

Sergey
10-07-2010, 12:16 PM

I know that, but that doesn't mean that Ukio is owned by UBIG....which is what you said, unless my grasp of basic English is awry.

greenginger
10-07-2010, 12:19 PM

Partly correct,UBIG took on £5 million of the Bank debt, the other£12.6 million was taken on by "A Company related to UBIG." I would guess its a tour company that already owns part of the PBS called UAB Businessline.

Don't worry, you won't have to repay the £17.6 million for another 10 months.:bye:

mowgli
10-07-2010, 12:53 PM
I know that, but that doesn't mean that Ukio is owned by UBIG....which is what you said, unless my grasp of basic English is awry.

Partly correct,UBIG took on £5 million of the Bank debt, the other£12.6 million was taken on by "A Company related to UBIG." I would guess its a tour company that already owns part of the PBS called UAB Businessline.

Don't worry, you won't have to repay the £17.6 million for another 10 months.:bye:

Ha, ok, I was refering to the debt. UBIG are an investment company with others under the UBIG umbrella Hearts and ukio being two of them.

And no I wont be worrying in the slightest its not my business that owes money. Its only a football club and if I spent all my time worrying about how they run their finances I'd be one sad individual.

Rasta_Hibs
10-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Ha, ok, I was refering to the debt. UBIG are an investment company with others under the UBIG umbrella Hearts and ukio being two of them.

And no I wont be worrying in the slightest its not my business that owes money. Its only a football club and if I spent all my time worrying about how they run their finances I'd be one sad individual.

Thats the difference Vlad has shafted the life out your ********s that you dont even give a **** it yir club goes tits up. All they daftys on kickback make light of it going were doomed etc but it just sets us a apart we love Hibs, Hearts are just a cheap ride!

mowgli
10-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Thats the difference Vlad has shafted the life out your ********s that you dont even give a **** it yir club goes tits up. All they daftys on kickback make light of it going were doomed etc but it just sets us a apart we love Hibs, Hearts are just a cheap ride!

Not really, I love to watch football, I dont though spend evey minute of the day creaming myself over it. I have my own business to run, I enjoy life, my family and enjoy each and every day. It's not that I dont give a ****, but I dont own the club, I cant influence decisions and I would'nt want to. Getting all worked up about events outwith your control to me is a complete waste of energy.
Admirable that you love your club, at the end of the day though it does'nt belong to you and surely you have other things to occupy yourself???
Enjoy the banter though :wink:

Vini1875
10-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Club does belong to us though and we can influence what happens to it.

Dashing Bob S
10-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Not really, I love to watch football, I dont though spend evey minute of the day creaming myself over it. I have my own business to run, I enjoy life, my family and enjoy each and every day. It's not that I dont give a ****, but I dont own the club, I cant influence decisions and I would'nt want to. Getting all worked up about events outwith your control to me is a complete waste of energy.
Admirable that you love your club, at the end of the day though it does'nt belong to you and surely you have other things to occupy yourself???

Like posting on rivals football websites?

But tell us more of the rich tapestry of yamlife...zzzzzz

mowgli
11-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Like posting on rivals football websites?

But tell us more of the rich tapestry of yamlife...zzzzzz

Hit a nerve did I ?

MSK
11-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Hit a nerve did I ?So you logged in today just to say that ..?..or are you gonna stay & fight yer corner ...

gorgie_harp
11-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Club does belong to us though and we can influence what happens to it.

:top marks:agree::agree:

Hibercelona
11-07-2010, 11:19 AM

Anyone who follows that institution can't possibly love football. :cool2:

You own your own business do you?

I sure hope all your employees get paid on time and all the money you owe is to yourself. :wink:

Hows your light bulb fittings?

Jack
11-07-2010, 11:55 AM
mowgli a wee question :-)
Would you do business with Hearts?

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Hit a nerve did I ?

Perhaps one of your own?

marinello59
11-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Only a very small portion of debt is owed to ukio. Its UBIG who own Hearts debt. The demise of ukio would not bring down Hearts or vice versa as ukio are owned by UBIG too.

But you ain't bothered.

You still ain't bothered.

Yes, you would be sad if you bothered. But you ain't.

Yeap, why waste energy logging on to a message board devoted to your rivals cos you ain't bothered. :agree:

Hit a nerve did I ?

:faf: Are you for real?

mowgli
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
mowgli a wee question :-)
Would you do business with Hearts?

Nope