PDA

View Full Version : Good pub for tonight's game?

Toaods
07-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Taking a consultant from work out to watch tonight's (hopefully) classic scrap between Germany and Spain.

Was thinking the 3 Sisters may have it on tthe 3D tellys. Anyone been in to see it since they started doing the 3D and if so, what would you give it in terms of marks out of 10?

Personally, I don't fancy it much so may just hit centre of town and find somewhere with a half decent atmosphere.

Barney McGrew
07-07-2010, 05:52 PM
It won't be on 3D anywhere since Sky don't have the rights to broadcast the WC.

The Three Sisters courtyard area will no doubt be decent to watch it but the bar inside smells these days, so I'd advise to avoid it unless they're selling beer in the courtyard.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
The Globe was chockers with Spanish on Sat night.

Toaods
07-07-2010, 10:51 PM
For Info -

started in the Ghillie Dhu (sp.?) the Scottish Theme pub next to The Rutland. Was very busy but the custom was all staff as the ownership group were holding their internal staff awards today in Edinburgh. Plenty bar staff but ages to get served... a few screens but crap pictures..literally no sound. Asked a barmaid then a waitress if they could turn the sound up so we could at least hear the commentary...both smiling and confirmed they would ask...no sound.

Bolted in a taxi at Half-time to The 3 Sisters...courtyard crammed with Spanish and a fair few Germans. so busy there was a major queue and we were given entry by the side close. Inside, a band were playing but we just made our way back out into the courtyard.

Beer, burgers and a brilliant atmosphere. Sunday's final will be top notch to watch there but not for me... I'll be in London...:grr: