PDA

View Full Version : Europa League - Going abroad?

SneakersO'Toole
07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Guys, I'm curious to know what everybody's thoughts are on our imminent trip (hopefully trips) to Europe.

Are the majority of people going away at the 3rd qualifying round or waiting until the knock-outs for a more glamorous tie? Or are others more interested in the destination itself regardless of what round it is?

I'm tempted to leave the 3rd round and wait until the knock outs but of course you run the risk if we get papped out at the 1st time of asking.

Regardless, if any of the adventures this year match Dnipro 5years ago then we are in for a treat as even though we got gubbed, it was outstanding.

Interested in others thoughts?

The Big No.9
07-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I am more excited than a big bag of excited things.

I have never been abroad to watch hibs (going to this one) so wouldnt want to take the risk of waiting for the first round proper in case we do get papped out.

Though it is going to be short notice to get organised if the 1st leg is away from home.

Calvin
07-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Unless it is very very expensive for flights, I am hoping to go wherever we draw!

SneakersO'Toole
07-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Unless it is very very expensive for flights, I am hoping to go wherever we draw!

The Scandavian teams in the 3rd round are the ones that stand out initially as being potential credit card burners.

I suppose it depends whether you book it all up yourself or go with a charter.

IIRC, Dnipro 5years ago was £400 and that was for your flights and 1 night accomodation.

Hibbyradge
07-07-2010, 12:06 PM
The Scandavian teams in the 3rd round are the ones that stand out initially as being potential credit card burners.

You don't have to drink! :wink:

I'm hoping to go, but I have a meeting in Nottingham on the 4th and 5th of August. I'm trying to get it cancelled for financial reasons, but I may have to keep my fingers crossed for us to be away in the first leg.

Having said that, the return flight to Edinburgh on the 5th lands at 6.15 so I'll have a bit of a panic on to get to ER in time for a pre-match cup of tea!

Ritchie
07-07-2010, 12:08 PM
i was going to be going anywhere no matter what.... but i've recently found out im going to be a dad so need to save my pennies.....

would love a wee trip to wales or ireland in the 3rd round which would be a tad more affordable.... then if we get a big team in the 4th, i'll maybe talk my other half into letting me max out a credit card.... or 2!! :greengrin

Calvin
07-07-2010, 12:09 PM
We'd be looking to fly out on the Wednesday morning and come back Friday evening ideally but of course plans can change very quickly!

Looking at the preliminary list here, I think only Azerbaijan would be really cost prohibitive:

Cercle Brugge, Apollon Limassol, Nordsjælland, Lausanne, Luzerne... I started thinking of a list of teams I'd like to draw but actually I'd go anywhere, a lot of very attractive trips on the list.

Owain_1987
07-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Do we know yet if we are at home first or 2nd? Also when is the 2nd leg I know the first is on the 29th (my birthday :greengrin) Am moving abroad so it will be my only games this season :boo hoo:

Hibbyradge
07-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Do we know yet if we are at home first or 2nd? Also when is the 2nd leg I know the first is on the 29th (my birthday :greengrin) Am moving abroad so it will be my only games this season :boo hoo:

We won't know until it's drawn.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-07-2010, 12:38 PM
IIRC, Dnipro 5years ago was £400 and that was for your flights and 1 night accomodation.

Ouch, we booked it ourselves and paid slightly less than that including KLM flights via The Dam and 5 or 6 nights in Kiev/Dnipro.:thumbsup:

Pilzen is about 1hr 15mins away from Prague, wouldnae mind getting drawn with them although I am already heading over there in Oct for the Scotland game.

Antifa Hibs
07-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Will go regardless. If we get through to the next round and group stages, Mr Barclay Card and Mrs Provident will be getting a ring :greengrin

oconnors_strip
07-07-2010, 12:45 PM
there will be official travel packages from the club and also like the packages that kevin thomas did for going to dnipro. yeah its a wee bit dearer but its saves trying to book last minute flights etc, as it could work out same price or even dearer.

thank god ive been saving since we were last in europe:greengrin

Owain_1987
07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
We won't know until it's drawn.

Thanks

.Sean.
07-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Doubtful I can afford it :boo hoo:

scott7_0(Prague)
07-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Hoping for somewhere close enough to drive or for a place where there will be cheap flights!

LancashireHibby
07-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Struggling for both the cash and the time off work, but some way I will be there :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed for a Welsh team, I say:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2010, 01:47 PM
there will be official travel packages from the club and also like the packages that kevin thomas did for going to dnipro. yeah its a wee bit dearer but its saves trying to book last minute flights etc, as it could work out same price or even dearer.

thank god ive been saving since we were last in europe:greengrin

Have Hibs ever stated there will be official packages for where ever they are drawn?

Without knowing who we play, then the Club would have to be very quick to draw up any sort of package......

LancashireHibby
07-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Have Hibs ever stated there will be official packages for where ever they are drawn?

Without knowing who we play, then the Club would have to be very quick to draw up any sort of package......

Dare say they will have a deal with a travel agent to take the hassle out of it and just promote is as a club-endorsed trip.

Baldy Foghorn
07-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Dare say they will have a deal with a travel agent to take the hassle out of it and just promote is as a club-endorsed trip.

True but my main point was that we don't know who we are playing yet, so will have to be quick off themark to get something speedily drawn up........

LancashireHibby
07-07-2010, 01:58 PM
True but my main point was that we don't know who we are playing yet, so will have to be quick off themark to get something speedily drawn up........

That's why they're travel agents :wink:

Have done a couple of Euro trips watching the rugby and it's surprising how quickly these things progress - would imagine the club will have some assistance from UEFA in terms of organising travel and accomodation for the team, and as an off-shoot of that they can provide information to supporters.

trev the hat
07-07-2010, 02:02 PM
I,ll be arched over ma lap top a week on fri typin away like angela lansbury sortin flights & digs as soon as he has unscrewed the plastic ball.:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
save yir cash for the friendlies in Holland, mibbe a chance of expensive trips in first game?

oconnors_strip
07-07-2010, 04:49 PM

i dont think they want to say anything official yet as they would be bombarded with questions to which they cant answer.

That's why they're travel agents :wink:

Have done a couple of Euro trips watching the rugby and it's surprising how quickly these things progress - would imagine the club will have some assistance from UEFA in terms of organising travel and accomodation for the team, and as an off-shoot of that they can provide information to supporters.

thats what ive been thinking and talking about with someone who creates football travel packages. im sure there has been many correspondence with various travel agents who have been sourcing prices, flights, etc etc for the locations of where every team in the draw is, so when the draw is made they know exactly where to go and who to contact directly.