PDA

View Full Version : question for the just-over-20s on here...

AgentDaleCooper
06-07-2010, 10:32 PM
has it started to bother you that hibs are signing players younger than us?

i'm starting to think it won't be me that scores the winner in the scottish cup final after all...

...sigh...

SmokieJoe
06-07-2010, 10:35 PM

i'm starting to think it won't be me that scores the winner in the scottish cup final after all...

...sigh...

:LOL:Its only going to get worse:boo hoo:

.Sean.
06-07-2010, 10:37 PM

...sigh...
I'm just under 20 and there's players younger than me that have made their debuts!

My pal will more than likely get a few outings in the first team when he's back from his loan spell. Gonna be strange watching him play for the Hibs :dizzy:

Sir David Gray
06-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Since I was about 17, I've been waiting to see who would be the first Hibs player to play in the first team who would be younger than me and I had to wait quite a while before I actually saw a player who was born after me.

Lewis Stevenson and Ross Chisholm were born in the same year as me but they are still technically older than me by a number of months and Damon Gray is also older than me, albeit by just a month.

I think the first player, to have made a first team appearance, who was actually born after me was Darren McCormack, when he made his debut for Hibs in 2007. I had only just turned 19 at the time and I am about a month older than him.

There haven't actually been too many players since then who have gone on to play for Hibs and have been younger than me and I'm almost 22 now.

I can only think of;

Paul Hanlon (20)
Danny Galbraith (20)
Kurtis Byrne (20)
David Wotherspoon (20)
David Grof (21)

Anthony Stokes is nearly on the list but he is older than me by about a week.

When you consider the reputation Hibs have for blooding youngsters, it's surprising to think that only around a handful of players who have played for Hibs in the past five years or so, have been younger than someone who is now 22.

iwasthere1972
06-07-2010, 11:24 PM

...sigh...

If you think that's bad then wait until most of the managers and referees are younger than you. :grr:

WindyMiller
06-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Wait till you start fancying the players mothers!:rolleyes:

AgentDaleCooper
06-07-2010, 11:33 PM
If you think that's bad then wait until most of the managers and referees are younger than you. :grr:

ouch:bitchy:

Hibernian Verse
07-07-2010, 12:05 AM

...sigh...

It's bothering me that we've just signed a guy the same age as me...It should be me! :greengrin

Mixu62
07-07-2010, 12:16 AM
:greengrin

...sigh...

I've not given up on that. Sauzee played into his mid-30's and Budgie was about 50 by the time he hung up his boots!!

G15 Hibs
07-07-2010, 12:28 AM
you'll get used to it chaps.

i'm getting to veteran age now.

AgentDaleCooper
07-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Since I was about 17, I've been waiting to see who would be the first Hibs player to play in the first team who would be younger than me and I had to wait quite a while before I actually saw a player who was born after me.

Lewis Stevenson and Ross Chisholm were born in the same year as me but they are still technically older than me by a number of months and Damon Gray is also older than me, albeit by just a month.

I think the first player, to have made a first team appearance, who was actually born after me was Darren McCormack, when he made his debut for Hibs in 2007. I had only just turned 19 at the time and I am about a month older than him.

There haven't actually been too many players since then who have gone on to play for Hibs and have been younger than me and I'm almost 22 now.

I can only think of;

Paul Hanlon (20)
Danny Galbraith (20)
Kurtis Byrne (20)
David Wotherspoon (20)
David Grof (21)

When you consider the reputation Hibs have for blooding youngsters, it's surprising to think that only around a handful of players who have played for Hibs in the past five years or so, have been younger than someone who is now 22.
i'm older than anthony stokes.

WTF

that is just wrong :bitchy::bitchy::grr:

lyonhibs
07-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Get used to it guys. I'm a ****in' veteran compared to a good chunk of our starting 11.

Christ, Sol Bamba is only a month older than me, and he's a bloody giant!!!! :bitchy:

Owain_1987
07-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I know I will still get that hat trick in the Scottish cup final even if it takes me till am 80 :greengrin Jamie McCluskey was the first Hibs player I saw play for Hibs who was younger than me.

WellingtonHibby
07-07-2010, 10:49 AM
I was always pinning my hopes on the tale of Ian Wright, He was spotted playing sunday league at 23...
It was a sad day turning 24, il tell you.

MacBean
07-07-2010, 10:56 AM

I can only think of;

Paul Hanlon (20)
Danny Galbraith (20)
Kurtis Byrne (20)
David Wotherspoon (20)
David Grof (21)

:agree:

I'm pretty much the same! I've got Stokes on my list though!

hibee4life1983
07-07-2010, 10:57 AM
I played against deek, whitty and brooney in my younger days

Deek stood out by a country mile! Thats when i realised that i had no chance. Oh how i cried that nite at 12yr old!!!
Worth noting he scored straight from a corner and got 8 in tottal, 10-4 the final score, damn his greatness!!!

Just Jimmy
07-07-2010, 10:59 AM
age has never worried me....being ***** at fitbaw, that's another story...

Speedy
07-07-2010, 11:13 AM

I can only think of;

Paul Hanlon (20)
Danny Galbraith (20)
Kurtis Byrne (20)
David Wotherspoon (20)
David Grof (21)

You must be a couple of weeks older than me. Hope you don't feel bad when I start banging them in this season :greengrin

sesoim
07-07-2010, 01:08 PM
It's depressing for a while, but you soon stop noticing. Anyway, even if your chance to be a player has gone, you could still be a manager up till your seventies!

AgentDaleCooper
07-07-2010, 08:44 PM
It's depressing for a while, but you soon stop noticing. Anyway, even if your chance to be a player has gone, you could still be a manager up till your seventies!

THERE IS HOPE!!!!

:notworthy::thumbsup::thumbsup::notworthy::thumbsu p::thumbsup::notworthy:

i'm off to practice on champ man...my day will come...;)