PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Stoke in for Bamba?

MyJo
06-07-2010, 01:08 PM
According to BBC?? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8791341.stm)

Good move for Bamba if true but i'd be expecting more than £1m from them :agree:

Hibernian Verse
06-07-2010, 01:22 PM
For £1m they can have him for a season's loan.

Pretty Boy
06-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Given Bambas form after the African Cup of Nations and his lack of participation at the World Cup i reckon anyone who reckons we are going to get more than £1-1.5M for Bamba is living in dreamland.

Remember this is a guy we paid only £50 000 for less than 2 seasons ago.

Ell_Chrisso
06-07-2010, 01:27 PM
For £1m they can have him for half a season's loan.

Mended that for you. :wink:

Stevie Reid
06-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Given Bambas form after the African Cup of Nations and his lack of participation at the World Cup i reckon anyone who reckons we are going to get more than £1-1.5M for Bamba is living in dreamland.

Completely agree. I laugh at the Yams for expecting £3.5M up front for Driver, but he has potential and is under contract for another 3 years. How do we expect to get millions for Bamba who has had a good couple of seasons after he'd been considered by all and sundry (myself included) as a bomb scare before his arrival, with only a year left on his contract?

Maybe if he'd got a couple of appearances in the WC, and played well, we could get £1.5M-£2M. But he didn't, and was pinpointed by a few in the media as a weak link in the Ivory Coast back four - something that obviously wasn't lost on Sven Erikson.

We'd be mad not to sell if we got an offer of £1M, would be great business for someone who was cost peanuts and has a year left on his contract. Would happily have him in the first team for another year but would rather we sold if right the money was offered.

Hibernian Verse
06-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Completely agree. I laugh at the Yams for expecting £3.5M up front for Driver, but he has potential and is under contract for another 3 years. How do we expect to get millions for Bamba who has had a good couple of seasons after he'd been considered by all and sundry (myself included) as a bomb scare before his arrival, with only a year left on his contract?

Because Rod Petrie's our chairman...

Stevie Reid
06-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Because Rod Petrie's our chairman...

I ALWAYS trust RP to get the best deal for Hibs, but Bamba's value isn't that high. I'll be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong on this.

col02
06-07-2010, 01:38 PM
£1 million with a sell on clause is fair imho.

hibee4life1983
06-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Iv heard rod telt them to get tae

2m or no deal

MSK
06-07-2010, 01:50 PM

2m or no dealThe Fishmonger ..?

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-07-2010, 01:52 PM
If this was to happen we'd probably need another experienced CH to replace Bamba.

I know we've signed Stevens but i don't think we could just chuck the young guy in at the deep end, surely no?

hibee4life1983
06-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Fishy fishy

Nando™
06-07-2010, 01:57 PM
If this was to happen we'd probably need another experienced CH to replace Bamba.

I know we've signed Stevens but i don't think we could just chuck the young guy in at the deep end, surely no?
Even just a good one will do.

--------
06-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Even just a good one will do.

:agree: Colin Murdock was experienced.

I'd rather have a good one.

brog
06-07-2010, 02:15 PM

Maybe if he'd got a couple of appearances in the WC, and played well, we could get £1.5M-£2M. But he didn't, and was pinpointed by a few in the media as a weak link in the Ivory Coast back four - something that obviously wasn't lost on Sven Erikson.

We'd be mad not to sell if we got an offer of £1M, would be great business for someone who was cost peanuts and has a year left on his contract. Would happily have him in the first team for another year but would rather we sold if right the money was offered.

Everything to do with football is lost on SGE. He's obsessed with money, power & women but knows SFA about football. Bamba did however get selected for the squad in preference to a player from either a lower Premiership or Championship club. Apologies, can't remember name but I guarantee that player will be valued in region of £3-5million. Bamba was also kept out of team by a guy sold for £18million last year. I think £1.5-2million with add ons is reasonable, remember we're due Dunfermline a fair chunk of profit also.

lyonhibs
06-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Everything to do with football is lost on SGE. He's obsessed with money, power & women but knows SFA about football. Bamba did however get selected for the squad in preference to a player from either a lower Premiership or Championship club. Apologies, can't remember name but I guarantee that player will be valued in region of £3-5million. Bamba was also kept out of team by a guy sold for £18million last year. I think £1.5-2million with add ons is reasonable, remember we're due Dunfermline a fair chunk of profit also.

Indeed, his club record with Lazio and Gothenburg before taking up the poisoned chalice of the England job - where he lost something like 2 competitive games - is testamant to this complete lack of knowledge :rolleyes:

Can't see Bamba going for much more that 1.5 million flat rate, or 1 million plus add-ons.

Jim44
06-07-2010, 02:21 PM

Aye, good old Sven. He really got the 'strong' back four going in South Africe. :rolleyes:

brog
06-07-2010, 02:22 PM

Player I was thinking of was Meite from West Brom. He was sold by Bolton for £2million plus add-ons. Mind you Shelton Martis originally kept Meite out of WB team so maybe we should have received £1million for the og king! :wink:

jonny
06-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I do think that Bamba will be going but I dont think theres any substance in this report at all. The info actually came from the daily mail and NOT the BBC as thought, it stated Stoke are "reportedly" considering a bid. No mention of who reported it. I reckon if there was anything in it at all it wouldve been "reported" in the EN or at least another reputable paper.

Stevie Reid
06-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Aye, good old Sven. He really got the 'strong' back four going in South Africe. :rolleyes:

They lost 3 goals in 3 games in a group that contained Brazil and Portugal. That's shocking right enough :rolleyes:

Their back four didn't cost them success in the WC, but it did in the ANC, and that cost the previous manager his job.

Musselbound
06-07-2010, 03:05 PM

Agree. Only one year left on his contract as well. Some people seem to think it's worth letting Riordan go for about 750k so I don't know why people think Bamba is worth more than double given similar circumstances.

Hibernia Na Eir
06-07-2010, 03:10 PM
maybe Yogi knows Sol's away..... so young Stephens will fill the void????

would take £1m in a flash for Sol, healthy healthy profit from the £50k we bought him for.

JohnnyHibby
06-07-2010, 03:11 PM
If we do sell Bamba is there not a sign on clause for Dunfermline?.....I maybe wrong but sure I have seen it quoted.

Stevie Reid
06-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Agree. Only one year left on his contract as well. Some people seem to think it's worth letting Riordan go for about 750k so I don't know why people think Bamba is worth more than double given similar circumstances.

Very good point.

Stevie Reid
06-07-2010, 03:20 PM
If we do sell Bamba is there not a sign on clause for Dunfermline?.....I maybe wrong but sure I have seen it quoted.

This would seem to be the case. However, any buying club won't give a ***** about how much we're due Dunfermline.

Pretty Boy
06-07-2010, 03:59 PM

The part in bold must be the single stupidest comment i have ever read on here. Sven Goaran Eriksson knows nothing about football?

Goteborg:
Swedish cupx2
Treble of league, Swedish Cup and Uefa Cup

Benfica:
2x Portuguese titles
Uefa Cup runners up

Roma:
Coppa Italia

Benfica second spell:
League title
European Cup final

Sampdoria:
Coppa Italia

Lazio:
Cup Winners Cup
Serie A
Italian Super Cupx2
Coppa Italiax2
European Super Cup

England:
Lost only 3 competitive games.
Reached the Quarter Final in 3 consecutive major tournaments 2002-2006(something managed by no other European team during that period)

18 major trophies in his career as a manager, not bad for someone who knows SFA about football.

RIP
06-07-2010, 05:13 PM
The only reason I'd be happy for Sol to move on is because I'm certain that in his mind he's already playing somewhere else.

Hibs90
06-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Pretty sure Bamba said in a French newspaper during the WC he was looking for a move. So it looks like he wants to go. He is worth £3m at least though.

Bostonhibby
06-07-2010, 05:37 PM
The Fishmonger ..?

:no way: Far too early in my opinion, I would keep him behind the scenes until Stoke wheel out their choice of wholesale supplier first, as Rod knows I am sure, you keep your big guns in reserve until the end. For what its worth I believe they have a pretty mean confectioner.

Ernie Cobra
06-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Wouldnt want to see the big man go, i think we should be trying to keep the team together. Would also want to see him playing iin a defensive midfield role rather than centre half :agree:

SmokieJoe
06-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Its a pity he only has 1 year left on his contract, if he signed an extension for a year, what with the Europa league, we could easily get 2/2.5m for him. Do you think the tache would try that before a move gets talked about?

DH1875
06-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Pretty sure Bamba said in a French newspaper during the WC he was looking for a move. So it looks like he wants to go. He is worth £3m at least though.

I think he was asked about moving to PSG and he said he would jump at the chance. There is no chance we will get any way near £3 million. Top end you are looking at £1.5 million which would seem to be fair and if we can bring in two more good centre backs with the money then I wont complain.

JohnnyHibby
06-07-2010, 06:50 PM
This would seem to be the case. However, any buying club won't give a ***** about how much we're due Dunfermline.

My point was we will not get as much as the buying team pay.......

Jack
06-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Reoports from Dunfermline go up to 40%, some say 25% but most agree 20% to be the most likely.
Anyone any idea if he'll be playing on Saturday or has he been given extra time?

Oscar Lomax
06-07-2010, 07:40 PM

Great post mate....If they were to offer a million pounds for him I would presonally drive him down the the potteries myself ! He will get found out wherever he goes. Maybe its his illustrious National team mates that have filled his head full of nonsence but this guy is an avaerage SPL player and no more. I will be proved right.

allezsauzee
06-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Great post mate....If they were to offer a million pounds for him I would presonally drive him down the the potteries myself ! He will get found out wherever he goes. Maybe its his illustrious National team mates that have filled his head full of nonsence but this guy is an avaerage SPL player and no more. I will be proved right.

Big Sol has the physical presence that our other CHs dont have but the guy is a bomb scare....which is why we only had to pay 50k for him. No matter how good/overpriced the players are that keep him out the IC team, it doesnt change these facts. Lets grab the cash while its on offer and sign a consistent and experienced centre half.

jacomo
06-07-2010, 09:41 PM

Big Sol has the physical presence that our other CHs dont have but the guy is a bomb scare....which is why we only had to pay 50k for him. No matter how good/overpriced the players are that keep him out the IC team, it doesnt change these facts. Lets grab the cash while its on offer and sign a consistent and experienced centre half.

I think Bamba will go this summer, but comments like these depress me. For Hibs to prosper we need players with potential, who we can coach into better players.

Bamba's got bags of potential, he's still young, and I think we'll miss him. He was great during the first half of the season. It did seem though that his head was turned by the African Cup of Nations, and he wasn't as good once he came back.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2010, 10:01 PM

The only thing you have proved, is you know nowt about football.:bitchy:

SmokieJoe
06-07-2010, 10:09 PM
I think Bamba will go this summer, but comments like these depress me. For Hibs to prosper we need players with potential, who we can coach into better players.

Bamba's got bags of potential, he's still young, and I think we'll miss him. He was great during the first half of the season. It did seem though that his head was turned by the African Cup of Nations, and he wasn't as good once he came back.

:agree:I agree totally, i think he has improved massively since being moved into CB position, Yogi seems to have embedded some of his knowledge from his playing days. Sol is 100% comited, but has had far fewer red cards since he was moved there.

Stevie Reid
06-07-2010, 10:21 PM
My point was we will not get as much as the buying team pay.......

I appreciate that. But some on here seem to think that we'll be able to squeeze more cash for him just because Dunfermline have a sell on clause on him, I was just making the point that that's of no consequence to any buying club.

Speedway
06-07-2010, 10:30 PM

How did you arrive at that valuation?

Ed De Gramo
06-07-2010, 10:52 PM

can't believe i'm doing this but here goes.....:top marks:top marks:top marks:agree:

Oscar Lomax
06-07-2010, 11:15 PM

It makes me wonder ill tell you.....

I am thoroughly sickened arguing my case about an over hyped, over-rated has been on this board. It's kind strange that we all realise that Kris Boyd is an over rated numpty but because a guy that plays for Hibs.....oh wait a minute !!!!.....sickening...

basehibby
06-07-2010, 11:30 PM

Good point, but remember the old adage that a player (or anything else) is worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for him. Other key factors are how much a selling club needs the money and/or wants to sell the player and how much the player himself wants to move on.

Hibs have just built a new stand and I'd bet that a bit of transfer income would be more than welcome - even if the club's still on an even keel. That said Sol has stated that he'd be happy enough to spend another season at Hibs and RP is known for driving a hard bargain, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if a big athletic and (for Hibs) influencial CH like Sol fetched 2M plus from some EPL club desperate to maintain a cash flow in which 2m would be a comparative piss in the ocean.

iwasthere1972
06-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Stoke City fans not too happy with the prospect of Bamba signing for them.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=127907

Ernie Cobra
06-07-2010, 11:54 PM

I am thoroughly sickened arguing my case about an over hyped, over-rated has been on this board. It's kind strange that we all realise that Kris Boyd is an over rated numpty but because a guy that plays for Hibs.....oh wait a minute !!!!.....sickening...

Quite possibly the biggest over reaction in the history of Hibs.net. I refer you to your previous post, the only thing you have proven is thatg you dont rate one of our most consistant performers of last season. Your complete over reaction and judgment of him beggars the question have you actually seen him play? Bamba that is, not your beloved Kris Boyd.

SICKENING INDEED!:bye:

basehibby
07-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Quite possibly the biggest over reaction in the history of Hibs.net. I refer you to your previous post, the only thing you have proven is thatg you dont rate one of our most consistant performers of last season. Your complete over reaction and judgment of him beggars the question have you actually seen him play? Bamba that is, not your beloved Kris Boyd.

SICKENING INDEED!:bye:

:agree: :jamboak:

Hibs90
07-07-2010, 02:12 AM
How did you arrive at that valuation?

Well if Berra is worth 2.5m then Bamba is worth 3m.

Aldo
07-07-2010, 06:18 AM

Sorry but for me Berra, yes Berra is a better CH than Big Sol in the fact that he can defend and defend properly.

Tin hat at the ready.

Steve20
07-07-2010, 06:21 AM

I like Bamba, but I think Berra is a better defender.

1.5m for Bamba would be about right.

Sandy
07-07-2010, 07:15 AM

Yup agree 100% G, OL you are one of the most negative posters ever to infest .net, do you have anything positive to say about Hibs, the manager, any of the players, the infrastructure, the direction the club is going ?, nah thought not :bye:

khib70
07-07-2010, 08:17 AM
[/B]

Yup agree 100% G, OL you are one of the most negative posters ever to infest .net, do you have anything positive to say about Hibs, the manager, any of the players, the infrastructure, the direction the club is going ?, nah thought not :bye:
Aye, right, we should just disregard the facts and be blindly positive about everything.

OL is quite right. A million for Bamba is bite the hand off money. If he was as good as he himself thinks he is, he might even be worth it. He's not been the worst player over the last season or so, but some people on here are hugely overrating him. And his inability to get a game in a piss poor Ivory Coast side hardly bumps up his value, anymore than his ho-hum ANC performance.

And if he was as good as he thinks he is, he would aspire to more than a hammerthrowing Rugby League outfit like Stoke. Does he still think Liverpool are after him, or have the effects of whatever he was taking worn off?

BT58
07-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Have to disagree about the couldn't get into the team bit
I'm sure the 2cbs were of premiership
quality,,,,one of them being Ya Ya Toure
However if we were to get £1.5 million
Plus add ons then bamba will be away

persevere1875
07-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Wouldnt want to see the big man go, i think we should be trying to keep the team together. Would also want to see him playing iin a defensive midfield role rather than centre half :agree:

:sofa:

--------
07-07-2010, 09:45 AM
In the event that the big guy's still with us when we play the Europa qualifier, could we maybe be a little more positive about him, perhaps?

He's far from the worst centre-half I've seen at Hibs, and we missed him big time during his absences in the second half of last season. I like him, and IMO we play better when he's in our back four.

I would also just suggest that considering what Stoke have achieved over the last few years, some of us might extend them a wee bit more courtesy and respect?

They're a well-run club with a hugely enthusiastic and supportive bunch of fans. We could learn a lot from them. :rolleyes:

Sandy
07-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Aye, right, we should just disregard the facts and be blindly positive about everything.

OL is quite right. A million for Bamba is bite the hand off money. If he was as good as he himself thinks he is, he might even be worth it. He's not been the worst player over the last season or so, but some people on here are hugely overrating him. And his inability to get a game in a piss poor Ivory Coast side hardly bumps up his value, anymore than his ho-hum ANC performance.

And if he was as good as he thinks he is, he would aspire to more than a hammerthrowing Rugby League outfit like Stoke. Does he still think Liverpool are after him, or have the effects of whatever he was taking worn off?

Err no, but if you check his history of posts you will find very little he is positive about. I am p1ss3d off with the amount of negativity and short sightedness of certain posters on this board. Not everything at Hibs is perfect, far from it, but we are building up a secure infrastructure that should allow us to spend a little more than our competitors in the short to mid term due to our prudence in the past few years. If you fail to recognise this then I am glad you are not in charge of my financial affairs.

--------
07-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Err no, but if you check his history of posts you will find very little he is positive about. I am p1ss3d off with the amount of negativity and short sightedness of certain posters on this board. Not everything at Hibs is perfect, far from it, but we are building up a secure infrastructure that should allow us to spend a little more than our competitors in the short to mid term due to our prudence in the past few years. If you fail to recognise this then I am glad you are not in charge of my financial affairs.

:agree:

:top marks

Leithenhibby
07-07-2010, 09:53 AM
In the event that the big guy's still with us when we play the Europa qualifier, could we maybe be a little more positive about him, perhaps?

He's far from the worst centre-half I've seen at Hibs, and we missed him big time during his absences in the second half of last season. I like him, and IMO we play better when he's in our back four.

I would also just suggest that considering what Stoke have achieved over the last few years, some of us might extend them a wee bit more courtesy and respect?

They're a well-run club with a hugely enthusiastic and supportive bunch of fans. We could learn a lot from them. :rolleyes:

Well, now that I have had my coffee and my brain is sort of switched on :wink:
I agree with you %100.

Bamba does make the defence a lot more stable and as far as I'm concerned, "better the devil you know"

I think we would miss the big fella big time, IF he was to go....

Lets be careful what we wish for :cool2:

khib70
07-07-2010, 10:20 AM

Like how to kick better football teams off the park for instance? They're a cynical bunch of cloggers who have hoofed and hacked their way to a tenuous place in the EPL. Yes, they do have enthusiastic and supportive fans. So did Airdrie.

You're right, big Sol is not by any means the worst CH we've ever had. There are too many much better contenders for that role. But putting him in the £2-3 million class is a sign of too much Football Manager gametime.

And no one, least of all me, was criticising the board's current financial strategy, or spending policy. I've nothing but respect for the stability that's been brought to the club, and the extent to which the current manager has been allowed to spend. Whether he's the right man to spend it, we will see.

But respect for Stoke. When they attempt to play something vaguely resembling football, I'll think about it.

iwasthere1972
07-07-2010, 11:21 AM

I had the "pleasure" of chatting to a Yam in a pub for almost 2 hours yesterday. He told me the following.

Berra is worth £5million.
Hartley was at Tynie having a medical.
Our average attendance at one point last season was 7K while Tynie was filled to capacity.
We have FC Twente in the Europa Cup and the draw was made 3 weeks ago. :confused: Have I missed something?
Jim Jeffries and Kevin Kyle will help the Yams challenge for 1st spot in the SPL.
Andrius Velička is a more prolific striker than Kris Boyd.
Enlightened me on the history of Hibernian FC.

I had to let him rabbit on as I couldn't resist listening to his grand delusion on HOMO FC. I could've listened to him for hours but he never returned after saying that he was just going to the bank to get some cash. Aye probably didn't get any. Typical Yam.

Ell_Chrisso
07-07-2010, 12:11 PM
I think realisticly that if Hibs are offered anymore than £750,000 they will accept. Regardless of his great games, and the fact people value him at 1-2 even 3 million, the club will snatch that sort of money.. from something they invested only 50,000 in. Great business for Hibs at the end of the day. Sad to see him go if it happens tho...

PaulSmith
07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I think realisticly that if Hibs are offered anymore than £750,000 they will accept. Regardless of his great games, and the fact people value him at 1-2 even 3 million, the club will snatch that sort of money.. from something they invested only 50,000 in. Great business for Hibs at the end of the day. Sad to see him go if it happens tho...

Any recent evidence of Hibs selling a player for less than they think he is worth or snatching at the first offer?

sesoim
07-07-2010, 01:30 PM

2m or no deal

I'd rather get £1M now to put towards a replacement than get nothing in a year.

MyJo
07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Any recent evidence of Hibs selling a player for less than they think he is worth or snatching at the first offer?

Shelton Martis.......although given the circumstances it wasn't a bad thing :greengrin

Hibs90
07-07-2010, 01:51 PM

Yam Fud

Yam Fud

Phil MaGlass
07-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I thought the reason why he didnt get a game at the World Cup in a so called pi55 poor Ivory Coast team was because he was injured? The guy is worth 1-1.5 million, lets hope we get that for him, anyhoos good luck tae the lad wherever he goes.

I put in so called pi55 poor because someone had made the remark earlier.

Hibernian Verse
07-07-2010, 02:20 PM
A piss poor Ivory Coast side that had Kolo Touré and Didier Zokora playing in his position...aye ok pipe down.

Phil MaGlass
07-07-2010, 02:25 PM
If you read the whole thread you will see someone had said Pi55 poor already, then I made a point by putting "so called" before it.

skipster7
07-07-2010, 02:34 PM
The Fishmonger ..?

nah ,fishey's never able squeeze a drop of info from rod ,as hard as he tries.even bribes of a side of salmon and still nada !! :greengrin

khib70
07-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Yam Fud

Yam Fud

19 year old uberfans. What next?:yawn:

Away back to Bebo:bye:

Ernie Cobra
07-07-2010, 02:58 PM
:sofa:

???? am i missing something?

Oscar Lomax
07-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Yam Fud

Yam Fud

Well seeing you are only 19 son....
I thought this was a forum to discuss Hibs and air our own personal opinions !!! The minute you disagree with the sheep, then your a Yam Fud, as our 19 year old hero has pointed out.
Again, I personally dont rate Bamba for many footballing reasons. Some on here seem to think if a player runs about daft and gives 100%, then he is something special.

lEXO
07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
I think if we get a bid for£1m for a guy in the last year of his contract it will be hard for the club to turn down.Personally i think he,s worth more given his age and him being an international.Would we rather have a million now or nowt in a year?A no brainer really.
As for some of the negative stuff being posted about Bamba being a bombscare etc, i find it a bit sad that some fans seem so keen to knock our players.Lets face it, if they were world beaters we would,nt be able to afford them.Just look at some of the posts on the Hart thread to see the moaning, and he,s not even signed yet.
What has happened to some of our support?We used to be a noisy and passionate support.Now there seems to be to much negativity in our support.
I,m far from being a happy clapper, but FFS a new season should bring new optimism and hope for our club.Lets hope the team give us a season to savour and we give the team good vocal support.

PaulSmith
07-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I thought this was a forum to discuss Hibs and air our own personal opinions !!! The minute you disagree with the sheep, then your a Yam Fud, as our 19 year old hero has pointed out.
Again, I personally dont rate Bamba for many footballing reasons. Some on here seem to think if a player runs about daft and gives 100%, then he is something special.

Interesting as I seen Bamba lots last season and never saw him run about daft, what I seen was a centre half who won most of his physical battles, cleared loads of crosses, was pacey enough to cover his own erse at times (plus Hogg's) and generally has been a 7/8 out of 10 player since he came to Hibs.

You do post quite a lot of negativity about Hibs in general though, no idea why as it's very rarely constructive.

Hibs90
07-07-2010, 03:26 PM

What's my age got to do with it? Not jsut that post that made me think you are one of them, more to do with every single one of your other posts.

Hibs90
07-07-2010, 03:26 PM

Don't go on Bebo mate. :greengrin

Oscar Lomax
07-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Interesting as I seen Bamba lots last season and never saw him run about daft, what I seen was a centre half who won most of his physical battles, cleared loads of crosses, was pacey enough to cover his own erse at times (plus Hogg's) and generally has been a 7/8 out of 10 player since he came to Hibs.

You do post quite a lot of negativity about Hibs in general though, no idea why as it's very rarely constructive.

You see this is where I have an issue. You say he cleared lots of crosses, where I would say he was posted missing half the time and cant clear his lines. When he gets the ball at his feet towards the end of the season, he struggled to find a man in a Hibs jersey and when he goes on one of those wild runs out of defence and loses it, Hogg is left to try and cover for him.
I think there are many positive's at Hibs but this thread was about Bamba so Im surely entitled to put across my view. I would rather it be positive but in this case the player in question fills me with negativity.

brog
07-07-2010, 05:36 PM
The part in bold must be the single stupidest comment i have ever read on here. Sven Goaran Eriksson knows nothing about football?

Goteborg:
Swedish cupx2
Treble of league, Swedish Cup and Uefa Cup

Benfica:
2x Portuguese titles
Uefa Cup runners up

Roma:
Coppa Italia

Benfica second spell:
League title
European Cup final

Sampdoria:
Coppa Italia

Lazio:
Cup Winners Cup
Serie A
Italian Super Cupx2
Coppa Italiax2
European Super Cup

England:
Lost only 3 competitive games.
Reached the Quarter Final in 3 consecutive major tournaments 2002-2006(something managed by no other European team during that period)

18 major trophies in his career as a manager, not bad for someone who knows SFA about football.

I guess the use of the present tense confused you. Did SGE have a good record 8+ years ago, sure. Since then, starting when he sat like a rabbit frozen in the headlights as England, with a goal start, lost to a 10 man Brazil, his record is apalling. He has zero loyalty & will cheerfully sell his current team for the prospect of more money or power, remember the fake sheikh? He doesn't conduct training, he doesn't do team talks, he leaves games early so as not to be caught in traffic & essentially for last few years he's taken the p--- out of his employers, most notably & most recently Mexico & Ivory Coast. But he's brilliant at kissing the hands of every female employee at the FA & in self promotion. I would rather have Fat Boab than that charlatan. :wink:

SRHibs
07-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Yam Fud

Yam Fud

So because they don't have the same opinion of Bamba as you they're classed as "Yam Fuds"?

You're a grade A ****.

Oscar Lomax
07-07-2010, 06:32 PM
So because they don't have the same opinion of Bamba as you they're classed as "Yam Fuds"?

You're a grade A ****.

Cheers mate, thanks.....I was watching Hibs before he was born !!!

Ernie Cobra
07-07-2010, 06:44 PM

You're a grade A ****.

Forums are about fans expressing opinions, however debates are where both sides are heard, and to merely say Bamba is shte or a bombscare simply doesnt cut the mustard for me. I forget how many last ditch challenges he was resposible for, or how many times he won a challenge in the air. Fact is he WAS a consistant performer for us last year, and to have players like Bamba, Riordan, Stokes, Zemamma Murray and Miller in the team, surely we should be trying to add a bit of strength, notdeplete our squad.

Take £1m for Sol and ram it, i would rather a fantastic season from him, every other club is diving for cover in the transfer market, so it comes down to if they want him they pay a premium, (whoever it is).

RigRoars
07-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Forums are about fans expressing opinions, however debates are where both sides are heard, and to merely say Bamba is shte or a bombscare simply doesnt cut the mustard for me. I forget how many last ditch challenges he was resposible for, or how many times he won a challenge in the air. Fact is he WAS a consistant performer for us last year, and to have players like Bamba, Riordan, Stokes, Zemamma Murray and Miller in the team, surely we should be trying to add a bit of strength, notdeplete our squad.

Take £1m for Sol and ram it, i would rather a fantastic season from him, every other club is diving for cover in the transfer market, so it comes down to if they want him they pay a premium, (whoever it is).

My thoughts also :agree:

Jim44
07-07-2010, 07:26 PM
£1M for a World Cup squad player with his best years still ahead of him is not enough in my opinion.

Ernie Cobra
07-07-2010, 07:33 PM
My thoughts also :agree:

Thanks mate.... i was watching HIbs while most of thesed bams were at Tynecastle (take that with the pinch of salt it comes with):greengrin

Aldo
07-07-2010, 08:01 PM
What if they offered a million quid and James Beattie?? :wink:

Beattie had a massive fall out with Pulis did he not. Hughes may be able to sprinkle some pixie dust on him and get him to say yes?????

:greengrin

.Sean.
07-07-2010, 08:23 PM

Care to explain to me what has age got to do with his argument? Are his points (which I wholeheartely agree with, btw) less valid because he's only been on the planet for nineteen years?

As for Khib70's response of ''Away back to bebo:bye:''?

Get a grip man. Erse.

.Sean.
07-07-2010, 08:26 PM

Agree with that whole post, PaulSmith :agree:

Especially the bit in bold.

Sniff sniff.

Liam89
07-07-2010, 08:43 PM

I'm sorry but I only ever see you post negative things about Hibs.

lEXO
07-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Cheers mate, thanks.....I was watching Hibs before he was born !!!
I started watching Hibs about the time you were born.Does that make your opinion less than mine?I sit with my 19 year old cousin who is a passionate Hibs fan as anyone i know.Fair do,s he should,nt have called you a yam fud, but let,s face it your constant negative posts make his angle on this a bit easier.Your age pop at him is as infantile as the yam fud jibe.

SmokieJoe
07-07-2010, 10:55 PM
£1M for a World Cup squad player with his best years still ahead of him is not enough in my opinion.

:agree:, but unfortunately the mad sweedish ****ger didn't take the dodgy broon envelope, or did from another suitor to keep his value down, so the big fella didn't get a crack at it, so we are in limbo.

Nando™
07-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Let's remember that age is utterly irrelevant.

PatHead
07-07-2010, 10:58 PM
would love to see Bamba stay but I think that any offer in excess of £1m should be grasped with both hands. Even if Dunfermlibe get a cut we would get 70 or 80% of nothing in a years time If Celtic can only get £2m for NcManus who was a recent Scotland captain and has 2 years contract to go I think it is reasonable money in the current market as long as we reinvest the money in the team. Got to look at the long term view

khib70
08-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Care to explain to me what has age got to do with his argument? Are his points (which I wholeheartely agree with, btw) less valid because he's only been on the planet for nineteen years?

As for Khib70's response of ''Away back to bebo:bye:''?

Get a grip man. Erse.
Calling someone a "yam fud" is not making a point - it's being, as you put it, an erse.

Calling people who've been supporting this club since considerably before you are born a "yam fud" or an erse, and doing your pathetic "sniff sniff" routine just reeks of immaturity.

I take back the Bebo remark. Neither of you are grown up enough for Bebo yet.

lyonhibs
08-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Yam Fud

Yam Fud

Deary me.

Bamba has 1 year left on his contract, and cost us 50 grand. He is not irreplaceable, especially if he has it in his head he's off to Liverpool etc. He was impressive in several games last season, but occassionally catastrophically lax in possession of the ball.

I'm sure he's a great guy, and gave everyone great big massive hugs when we got into the Europa League at Tannadice. And he waves to the fans a lot too.

But to say no to 1.5 million (or thereabouts) for him???

That would be lunacy, unless one could guarantee that he was going to play the season of his life and inspire us to the SC next season before leaving for hee-haw in the summer.

Hibs90
08-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Deary me.

Bamba has 1 year left on his contract, and cost us 50 grand. He is not irreplaceable, especially if he has it in his head he's off to Liverpool etc. He was impressive in several games last season, but occassionally catastrophically lax in possession of the ball.

I'm sure he's a great guy, and gave everyone great big massive hugs when we got into the Europa League at Tannadice. And he waves to the fans a lot too.

That would be lunacy, unless one could guarantee that he was going to play the season of his life and inspire us to the SC next season before leaving for hee-haw in the summer.

I just think he is worth more than that. He's a good player IMO and could probably play for a lower EPL side no bother. Without him last season we suffered and it showed - although you could argue that even with him we suffered. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Deary me.

:agree: IMHO he was worth a lot more at the beggining of last season, but with 1 year left, we have to cash in now. As for liverpool being in his head, if they have been in touch, he would be mad not to accept any offer they made, or indeed any offer from the EPL.

I'm pretty sure if any of us was headhunted by another company, for 10-20 times our current wages, it would occupy our mind. £1.5m at least, and he will be missed, hopefully the team gets stronger with the players Yogi can bring in to compensate.

mike1875
15-07-2010, 11:10 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2010/07/15/2026505/paris-saint-germain-lille-arles-avignon-after-souleymane?

Broken Gnome
15-07-2010, 11:20 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2010/07/15/2026505/paris-saint-germain-lille-arles-avignon-after-souleymane?

Six clubs quoted with an interest (if concrete) = money.

Replace with a similar styled centre half with a bit of experience to tide us over to Stephens and Hanlon are ready to be the first choice pairing at the back, and you've not got too shabby a situation. Especially if Jones and Bamba combined cost less than £200,000.

yekimevol
15-07-2010, 11:34 AM
i would take a million for sol based on the fact that he could sign a preseason in january. But i would like the million given to yogi on players just not on gow !!!!

7Hero
15-07-2010, 11:49 AM
ive stopped posting on bamba threads, as unlike the young uber fans on this board i dont quite appreciate the skills of the bamba they seem to be able to see and bamba posts always bring out folk you are quick to call you a yam or insult you should you not believe in the god that is bamba..

I disagree with earlier poster saying age is irrelevant, i think if you polled the site you would find a lot of support amongst young fans re bamba and less support amongst experienced fans.

******, ive just posted on a bamba thread

:tin hat:

Wembley67
15-07-2010, 11:51 AM
If he wasn't black he wouldnt get half as much backing from our younger support...

Woody1985
15-07-2010, 12:15 PM
If he wasn't black he wouldnt get half as much backing from our younger support...

Here, http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/helmet%20smiley.gif , borrow mine. :greengrin

Wembley67
15-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Here, http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/helmet%20smiley.gif , borrow mine. :greengrin

Cheers Woody, can always rely on some posters :greengrin

basehibby
15-07-2010, 12:34 PM

Got to say I think that's a pile of pure pish. Rob Jones had his fans and his critics with his standard north european complexion for example :bitchy:

Wembley67
15-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Got to say I think that's a pile of pure pish. Rob Jones had his fans and his critics with his standard north european complexion for example :bitchy:

Fair enough your opinion. A player that stands out due to their colour, height, weight etc will always be looked upon as an icon by some members of the support irrespective of their footballing capability.

MyJo
15-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Fair enough your opinion. A player that stands out due to their colour, height, weight etc will always be looked upon as an icon by some members of the support irrespective of their footballing capability.

god bless Amadou Konte :thumbsup:

Jim44
15-07-2010, 12:56 PM

.................... take Hurtado, for instance. :greengrin