PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Mela Festival

Jack
06-07-2010, 12:38 PM
I’ve been a few times and although not the best day out ever it was worth a look. Sort of thing you could spend nothing, but equally the chance you could spend anything up to £40-£50 (I wouldn’t have spent more than that).

Last year, in the usual Pilrig Park, they started charging for the first time [I noticed].

Now I’m not adverse to there being a charge but the queues last year when I went with the family, with £50 in my pocket, were absolutely huge – is massive longer than huge, maybe they were massive! We didn’t go in, I don’t think I even bothered finding out what the charge was. :rolleyes:

This year they're at the Links, a vast area. Once again there's a charge, only £2. I know its only £2 but there's only one way in, I can just imagine what the queues will be like again, particularly if it’s a decent day, so I’ll be avoiding it this year.

If its crap weather I doubt they’ll cover the costs involved with taking the money in or the vast amount of fencing they’ll need to keep it ‘exclusive’.

Shame really.

Khuda hafiz Mela! :bye:

For anyone else not going its 6 - 8 August :cool2:

bighairyfaeleith
06-07-2010, 12:57 PM
yeah like you we walked up last year, seen the queue and walked up into town and had a drink instead.

really strange setup they have went for now.