PDA

View Full Version : Spain v Paraguay

ekhibee
05-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Having just come back from Cyprus, where I saw all the WC games in that week, I've been reading some of the comments about various decisions and incidents that have taken place in certain games (ie Ghana v Uruguay). Apologies if there's already been another post about this, but to me, Paraguay were quite hard done by, although I accept Spain are a better team. Alonzo has to re-take a penalty for players encroaching, but Cardozo is not given the same opportunity even though replays clearly show several Spanish players encroaching. Maybe I'm being a bit petty, but surely if Cardozo had scored from the resulting re-take, we could have had a very different game, considering Paraguay's already proven ability to play well into extra time/penalties. Bad refereeing by the looks of it.

lapsedhibee
05-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Having just come back from Cyprus, where I saw all the WC games in that week, I've been reading some of the comments about various decisions and incidents that have taken place in certain games (ie Ghana v Uruguay). Apologies if there's already been another post about this, but to me, Paraguay were quite hard done by, although I accept Spain are a better team. Alonzo has to re-take a penalty for players encroaching, but Cardozo is not given the same opportunity even though replays clearly show several Spanish players encroaching. Maybe I'm being a bit petty, but surely if Cardozo had scored from the resulting re-take, we could have had a very different game, considering Paraguay's already proven ability to play well into extra time/penalties. Bad refereeing by the looks of it.

But I think a Paraguayland player also encroached during Alonso's miss, so the ref should also have made Alonso have a third go.

Jumbo
05-07-2010, 10:20 PM
But I think a Paraguayland player also encroached during Alonso's miss, so the ref should also have made Alonso have a third go.

Also Fabregas was flattened by the goalie, after the save, which should have been another penalty.

seanraff07
05-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Also Fabregas was flattened by the goalie, after the save, which should have been another penalty.

Yep, so he evened it out there by not awarding it.