PDA

View Full Version : Question Your worst ever Hibs Away Day?

essexhibee
05-07-2010, 08:33 PM
I thought I would start a thread opposite to the one previously started on here...

So the question is fairly obvious, your worst ever Hibs away day?

I would imagine it would have been due to the result? Or was it down to the travel/pies/weather/violence or general unpleasantness!!

Mine would have to be that day we all dread to ever recollect, a sunday at hampden. NEVER AGAIN :boo hoo::boo hoo:

So what was your worst ever away day .netters?

Diclonius
05-07-2010, 08:34 PM
2nd April 2006.

MWHIBBIES
05-07-2010, 08:39 PM
2006 semi
In league the 4-0 away at aberdeen was horrible.

3pm
05-07-2010, 08:40 PM
4-4 v Hearts. Got beat at Paisley when Van Zanten scored a screamer (Mowbray's last game?). Everything about the day was a disaster. Same when they beat us 2-0 in the 1st Division.

GreenArmyyy!
05-07-2010, 08:42 PM
dunfermline scottish cup semi final replay :/

we are hibs
05-07-2010, 08:43 PM
4-4 v Hearts. Got beat at Paisley when Van Zanten scored a screamer (Mowbray's last game?). Everything about the day was a disaster. Same when they beat us 2-0 in the 1st Division.

this season 4-1 hamilton 2-0 hamilton or 6-6 motherwell
overall probs livi 2-0

Greentinted
05-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Athens 10/11/01
The aborted trip in the wake of 9/11. Travelled out with assurances that all was fine only to land at the other end with assurances nullified. 2 days wandering about a dusty slum with no much happening! No nice.

Gmack7
05-07-2010, 08:49 PM
dunfermline scottish cup semi final replay :/
:boo hoo::boo hoo:

Biggie
05-07-2010, 08:53 PM
toss up between hampden against them and the first game back at tynie after the 7-0 game and we got papped 4-1 (I think)..that was awful.....shades scored a cracking header of an og IIRC that day too....hell on earth..

.Sean.
05-07-2010, 08:55 PM
The semi-final defeat to Them and THAT game versus Livingston take some beating.

I was chucked out of Parkhead ten minutes into the 4-2 loss there a few seasons ago too. Not the greatest thing in the world that.

Jonnyboy
05-07-2010, 08:57 PM
A few I guess

Lost cup finals and that 0-7 at Ibrox

Bostonhibby
05-07-2010, 09:01 PM
2nd Replay of 1979 Scottish Cup Final against the Hun, not the best Hibs team ever but fought brilliantly and should have won, any Hibby of that era must have felt for poor Arthur Duncan and that own goal, all these years later I can put it down to the fact that he was only there to put it in because he gave everything and covered every part of the pitch for us. Still gets to me now. :boo hoo:

Gala Foxes
05-07-2010, 09:03 PM
6-1 defeat in a midweek game away at Partick Thistle in 1979 a couple of weeks before Rangers Scottish Cup Final. After the game the Capital Hibs Supporters Club bus broke down outside ground and we had to bump start it. Ralph Callachan scored Hibs goal

Gala Foxes
05-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Athens 10/11/01
The aborted trip in the wake of 9/11. Travelled out with assurances that all was fine only to land at the other end with assurances nullified. 2 days wandering about a dusty slum with no much happening! No nice.

The night out in the wee lane in Athens old town on the aborted trip was superb

Broken Gnome
05-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Dingwall last year. Every semi-final defeat, though somehow the Aberdeen, Ayr, Dundee United and Dunfermline fiascos rate as more horrid than the Hearts game. Losing 4-0 in Perth at the League Cup was also a notable disaster.

Jonnyboy
05-07-2010, 09:31 PM
The night out in the wee lane in Athens old town on the aborted trip was superb

It was indeed :agree:

I had the pleasure of being with Pat Stanton in the lane that night :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2010, 09:37 PM
That 4-0 game didnae take long to get over, I fully expected Hibs to get pumped after hearing the line-up! Games you lose when you expect to win are much worse, Livvy, Ayr and The Pars all at Hampden being prime examples.

Broken Gnome
05-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Totally agree. Especially when you think we've lost three Scottish Cup semi-finals to what at the time were the worst sides in the SPL. Ugh.

hibsfan7
05-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Got to be the scottish cup semi against them we were humped 4-0

erin go bragh
05-07-2010, 10:00 PM
That 4-0 game didnae take long to get over, I fully expected Hibs to get pumped after hearing the line-up! Games you lose when you expect to win are much worse, Livvy, Ayr and The Pars all at Hampden being prime examples.
cup final 2001 [lost 3 1 to smeltic] really thought that was our year
:grr: fin dwight yorke and the ginger judas

Ritchie
05-07-2010, 10:00 PM
De Vries goal fest derby at tynecastle :boo hoo:

Greentinted
05-07-2010, 10:46 PM

Funny, the one saving grace of the trip was sitting beside Pat on the plane going out. So it wasn't all bad. :greengrin

seanraff07
05-07-2010, 11:02 PM
cup final 2001 [lost 3 1 to smeltic] really thought that was our year
:grr: fin dwight yorke and the ginger judas

It was 3-0 mate, i was only 6 at the time but i'll always remember Brebner hitting an absolute raker of the bar when it was 0-0, if only it had went in it all could have been a totally different story.:boo hoo:

seanraff07
05-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Ross County away last season was bloody awful and the most painful journey ever home. Hearts 4-0 at Hampden and the Livi final take some beating too. 5-1 humping off St.Johnstone wasn't too pleasant either.

yekimevol
05-07-2010, 11:06 PM
4-0 against the **** at hampden. getting pics sent to me off our end before the game not full and then jambos sending me pics if the score board and stuff :jamboak: defo the worst day

snooky
05-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Probably the 6-1 SCF - hopeless against the soapless.
The 4-0 Yamming was bad but I didn't expect to win that game anyway turning up with half a team, minus a centre forward (sold when we needed him most, duh!) and of course we had the Venus de Milo in goals. :grr:

SteveHFC
05-07-2010, 11:30 PM
2nd April 2006 :boo hoo::boo hoo:
Livingston Final :boo hoo:
Aberdeen Semi :boo hoo:

Mixu62
06-07-2010, 12:22 AM
A 2-0 defeat away at Airdrie at the old Broomfield. Absolutely baltic and persisting down. Stuck in their old tip of a shed which leaked worse than our defence at the time and their bigot fans ripped Joe T to shreds.

Either that or the 2-1 loss at Hampden v Aberdeen when Andy Dow scored a right foot volley from almost 30 yards. The same Andy Dow who played for us the previous season and showed no evidence of having a right foot.:grr:

Monts
06-07-2010, 05:19 AM
For me it has to be pittodrie a few seasons back.

After leaving the house in plenty time, intending to pick up my mate and then head up and grab some lunch before the game, I notice sparks in my rear view mirror. I stop and find my exhaust hanging from the back. After some makeshift repairs at the side of the road, I head for the nearest quick fit. They tell me it'll take a couple of hours as they have jobs going already. So i agree, and walk the rest to collect my mate. On my return to quick fit, my car still hasnt been seen to, so I wait and wait.

Eventually at 12.50 its done. Im 200 bucks out of pocket, and we ponder whether we can make it for the 3pm kickoff. We give it a go as we already had the tickets, and set off at record speed. The car shaking most of the way as its pushed to the limit.

We get to the game 10 minutes or so in. As soon as we find our seats, Aberdeen score. At that point I decide I might as well take a slash. As soon as I get back to my seat, they score again. At half time, I couldnt get a pie as they had sold out. So hungry and cold, I sit and watch the second half. Gary Smith gives away a penalty to add to the misery. We lost 3 0. As we try to head back to Edinburgh the traffic is in lockdown in Aberdeen, and I get a call from my girlfriend at the time upset with me as I was missing a do of one of her friends. So I was in the dog house.

I eventually got to the do, and didnt really know anyone, and was still in the bad books, with only the cold beers to help me.

Bad times. :boo hoo:

I did get out the the bad books that night, but technically it wasnt still the same day :greengrin

hibbybrian
06-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Probably the 6-1 SCF - hopeless against the soapless.
:grr:

Took my Grandad to that game - it was his last Cup Final, having been at them all since the 1920s' - halftime 1-1 then :grr:

1987 4th round Scottish Cup tie 1-0 defeat at Clydebank ranks amongst the worst. :furious:

Auckland Hibs
06-07-2010, 07:01 AM
There's a few that spring to mind;

0-7 at Ibrox.

0-2 Final against Livi.

0-1 SC Semi against Dunfermline.

Any defeat against the Yams, but the 4-0 semi was a hard one to take.

Another that springs to mind was Partick Thistle away, travelled on the IEC Hibs bus and it kicked-off after the game against Rangers casuals, the bus was ambushed and smashed up. One of the guys on the bus was slashed across the face - not something I want to ever witness again.

rainman
06-07-2010, 07:08 AM

As Pat Stanton was squeezing past the row of fans lined along the lane, he took a step back and almost fell down a set of steps into a basement where every Hibby and his dog had taken a piss. My brother grabbed him.

Practically saved his life. :agree:

M11BMO
06-07-2010, 07:13 AM
For me it has to be that semi final against the yams closely followed by the 2-1 final defeat to Livi. Bad times indeed.:boo hoo:

Borders Hibby
06-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Getting beat 1-0 in a cup game at Kilbowie and then having the windows of the coach smashed.:agree:

TamHibs
06-07-2010, 08:05 AM
As far as cup games go there are plenty but like most other folk would have to say:

Hearts 2006 semi

Dunfermline 2008 semi

Livingston 2004 final

Ross County 2010 QF

Were the worst ones.

In league terms 2 that stick out are the 4-1 (?) mauling at Tynie in 2005, sure it was our first away game of that season and the 2-1 defeat against the yams when PC Stamp scored the winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
06-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Getting beat 1-0 in a cup game at Kilbowie and then having the windows of the coach smashed.:agree:

Did Joe McBride not break his leg during that game?

GlesgaeHibby
06-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Dunfermline SC Semi replay was so painful to take. Got back home that night and went straight to bed without even a word to my flatmates.

Another stinker I remember is in Jan 2008 away to St Mirren at the old Love Street. I was just back in Glasgow after spending xmas in Edinburgh and decided to head off to the game myself as Paisley wasn't far from my flat. The day was miserable, cold and pouring down. I got to the station to find out the trains were off and it was a bus replacement which increased the journey times. The game itself was brutal, they went 2-0 up, Jones lost it with the crowd, Maka tried to calm the Hibs fans down at half time. It was so cold I missed our consolation goal as I'd left early to get home as soon as possible for a hot bath to warm up and forget that miserable afternoon.

zelda
06-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Motherwell 6-6 :bitchy:
Yams Semi-final 4-0 :bitchy:
Inverness a few seasons ago freezing cold in february and we got beat 2-0 and were crap.

Borders Hibby
06-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Did Joe McBride not break his leg during that game?

Think you could be right. Never rains but it pours.

MacBean
06-07-2010, 09:00 AM
ooooh there are many!

St Johnstone 5 v 1
Hearts 4 v 0 Semi
Hearts 4 v 0 Tynie
Hearts 5 v 1 Tynie
Livingston 2 v 0 final
ICT 3 v 0

to start off!

YehButNoBut
06-07-2010, 09:00 AM
For me it was the 3 Cup Finals aginst Rangers in 1979 we really should have won all 3 games and were denied a stone wall penalty in the first game.

Should have won the cup that year. :boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
06-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Quite a few.

6-1 drubbing by Celtic in the 1972 Scottish Cup Final at Hampden.
That semi at Hampden against the Yams when we fielded our reserve team.
Livi in that final when fat Boab did nothing but sat on his brains while we were made a laughing stock of.
Pittodrie in December 2000 (think) when we got papped by Aberdeen 2-0. Freezing cold and to make things worse with a couple of minutes left with the score 1-0 Colgan appeared in the Aberdeen penalty box when we had a corner. He regretted that as the sheep got the ball and one of their players ran the length of the pitch (Colgan in pursuit) and scored their second.

Motherwell last season 6-6. :grr:

Probably loads more.

lyonhibs
06-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Mein gut God!! So many here.

I think - irrespective of the line ups, which pointed to the inevitable - the humping by Hearts, on the field and in the stands, in the 2006 SC Semi-Final ranks right up there.

Normally I'm up for a bit of post match banter with my flatmates, regardless of the result, but after that I succinctly told them to **** off and went straight to bed. Exact same after the Livi final - I walked back with my mate in a grim silence all the way from Hampden to central Glasgow.

The lack of drive or attacking intent shown by the Hibs team, playing on the beach at Fir Park towards the end of Mixu's full season in charge was pitiful to behold, particularly as we took a cracking support through that day.

3-1, going on about 6-1, against Aberdeen in the 3rd Ice Age, with McCann at centre half, and Gathuessi anywhere near the pitch was awful as well.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Either Liege away or getting emptied from the cup by East Fife, the night Roughie broke his ankle.

davemcbain
06-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Millwall "friendly". Arrived late, wrong end. Nuff said.

alanhall69
06-07-2010, 09:47 AM
started bad won jackpot on of fruit machine in hibs club only for machine not to pay out and told piss off not there fault never been back since
trip to football the ? huns game boxing day 7-0 i think boxing day ? game was a good laugh ! best remembered for Paul Gascoigne being booked ref ..
we all sat there at 7 wanting 8 .
at final time one of the boy passed out hamlet and said this is a hamlet moment !!
so done what all good hibs fans do got pissed and looked forward to the next game ??

.Sean.
06-07-2010, 11:06 AM

0-7 at Ibrox.

0-2 Final against Livi.

Another that springs to mind was Partick Thistle away, travelled on the IEC Hibs bus and it kicked-off after the game against Rangers casuals, the bus was ambushed and smashed up. One of the guys on the bus was slashed across the face - not something I want to ever witness again.
My Dad was on a bus that was smashed up by Huns, I remember him saying on the way back the bus was going through Princes Street and the Jap tourists were taking pictures of the smashed up bus with no windows.

...though IIRC they got out the bus and chased and paggered the Huns. Dunno if the game was at Ibrox or what, i'll ask my Dad when he's back from his holiday.

.Sean.
06-07-2010, 11:10 AM
started bad won jackpot on of fruit machine in hibs club only for machine not to pay out and told piss off not there fault never been back since
trip to football the ? huns game boxing day 7-0 i think boxing day ? game was a good laugh ! best remembered for Paul Gascoigne being booked ref ..
we all sat there at 7 wanting 8 .
at final time one of the boy passed out hamlet and said this is a hamlet moment !!
so done what all good hibs fans do got pissed and looked forward to the next game ??
So you are a Hibby, sat in the Hibs end at Ibrox, watching Hibs get gubbed, wanting Rangers to score an eighth goal, having a laugh, then your mate finds this a perfect time for a celebratory cigar??

Eh?

:confused:

Hibercelona
06-07-2010, 11:13 AM
4-0 semi :jamboak:

Pretty Boy
06-07-2010, 11:18 AM
A Monday night game at Pittodrie about 2 or 3 years back. Game was on the box so pi55 poor crowd, it was absolutely freezing, atmosphere was garbage, Hibs played garbage and we lost to a last minute goal from Scott Severin. I've seen Hibs play a lot worse but the overall experience was just soul destroying.

4-0 v Hearts 2nd game of the season of Mowbrays 2nd season. Much as it pains me to say it but Hibs were outplayed, outfought and outthought that day. Horrible, horrible day. Luckily the 'we are unbeatable' derby went a long way to making up for it.

A game in the mid 90s away to Raith Rovers on a weeknight. Lost 3-0, had a man sent off and were truly awful. The whol shape of the team was all over the place and i'm sure at 3-0 down with 10 men Darren Jackson was in the left back position just trying desperately to get the ball and make something happen. Seen an old boy throw his scarf away that night and say it was the worst Hibs perfromance he had ever seen(he did sneak back about 5 minutes later and get it back right enough).

Musselbound
06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Of games I actually attended, possibly the 2004 League Cup Final. Got soaked in a downpour just prior to kick off and the rest is history.

The semi-final against the Yams was just as bad - even though I wasn't actually there. It was a kind of away day for me as I was living about an hour and a half from Barcelona. I went there by train especially to see the game and took some time to find a place showing it. I thought I was in good time but somehow I'd got the KO times mixed up and when I arrived the game was half-finished. We were 1-0 down and not long after I settled down with a drink the second goal went in. Nobody else in the bar was the least bit interested in the game. I might have left before the end and didn't feel like doing anything afterwards so just got the train back. What a waste of a day off.:grr:

Phil D. Rolls
06-07-2010, 11:26 AM
It has to be the Livingston CIS Final. Semi final defeats in the cup are just what we expect and deserve. But to have brought your kids to games where we got relegated and beaten in D1 with the assurance that Hibs will be back where they belong. Then handed what looked like a sure fire cup victory (how stupid was that??) only for it all to go t*ts up was absolutely horrible.

I remember feeling the most gutted I have ever felt (and that's saying something) when I woke up the next day, and realised it had really happened.

Franck is God
06-07-2010, 11:35 AM
So you are a Hibby, sat in the Hibs end at Ibrox, watching Hibs get gubbed, wanting Rangers to score an eighth goal, having a laugh, then your mate finds this a perfect time for a celebratory cigar??

Eh?

:confused:

I was at this game and would definitely be listed in my least enjoyable away trips however after you've seen the 7th go in all you can do is laugh as crying is very rarely an option for a man at the football....

decided against listing any other games, it hurts too much!

andudare2
06-07-2010, 02:15 PM

0-7 at Ibrox.

0-2 Final against Livi.

Another that springs to mind was Partick Thistle away, travelled on the IEC Hibs bus and it kicked-off after the game against Rangers casuals, the bus was ambushed and smashed up. One of the guys on the bus was slashed across the face - not something I want to ever witness again. remember slashing incident . i stayed behind with guy,s auld man & johnny d. waiting on him to be released from hospital, think it was 70 stiches he coped for, polis kept coming to nip asking us if we knew who it was that done it, thick bassas only thing i could recall was 1 of the huns trying to cave my head in with a baseball bat, thank **** someone shouted, night was mental, even for the i.e.c bus :wink:

erskine-hibby
06-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Has to be the 6-1 drubbing in the SC final by celtic in 1972. The whole day was a disaster from beginning to end. 7 of us crammed into a Mk2 cortina, with someone having had fried egg sandwiches...PHEW!. Drove all the way from East Calder with the window down, pissing with rain, couldn't get a parking space, missed the first 2 goals (a blessing perhaps), in the celtic end, nae cover, ****in soaked,left early (another blessing perhaps), 7 wet peed off, wet Hibbies shoehorned back into cortina for a miserable long journey home:bitchy:

MountcastleHibs
06-07-2010, 03:03 PM
5-1 against St Johnstone last season... Surprised to see this only mentioned the once. Awful performance from the team, and bloody freezing.

Past that there's the couple of 4-1s and 4-0s at the PBS, and the semi final drubbing in 06.

Hibernia Na Eir
06-07-2010, 03:12 PM
being in Greece and learning that the AEK Athens game was off. Why?

Si_17
06-07-2010, 03:16 PM
The 3-2 loss at Tynie on boxing day a few years ago was one of the worst emotions I've felt after a game given we'd been 2-0 down. When Whittaker hit both posts in the last minute I was truly gutted.

4-1 there when Garry O'Connor scored, the week before 3-0 at Ibrox, was also pretty ****.

JohnScott
06-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Hibs tour to Germany, especially Magdeburg. It wasn't long after the wall had came down and lets say, the local's were less than friendly. Got back to our digs at Herr Flicks after the game and decided stuff this, cut the tour short and headed home.
28 hours through Germany, Belgium, ferry and home to Peebles via Embra. Might be OK there now but at that time :bitchy:

Losing 79 cup final (as I recall ALL the Hibs buses got panned after the first of the three games). Journey home on our mini bus after the 3 - 2 game was hell. That was on the A721 as well!!

League games? Far, far 2 many to mention.........Parkhead, Pittodrie..........6, 5 nil defeats. Cup semi's at Dundee and Glasgow........away defeats to Morton, Partick..........Home defeat to the mighty Stranraer. That was an away day from hell having travelled up from Derbyshire......................:grr:

Still, when alls said and done. I'd rather be a Hibby any decade!! :notworthy:

Scorrie
06-07-2010, 04:02 PM
There were a few days in the 1980s at Tynie which were grim but the worst away day may well be at Pittroddie in about 1984 when we got humped 4-1 and Pat Stanton got sent off. That was awful and i got a bollocking of my bird as I said i would meet her outside Frasers at the West End but phoned her from Forfar on the way to the game; she wisnae happy..:rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
06-07-2010, 04:17 PM
All the usual suspects are there and it makes grim reading alright.

The one I haven't noticed is the 0-4 to St Johnstone in the League Cup when we were in the 1st division, near the start of the 98-99 season. Really thought we were seeing the death of a football club that night but McLeish signed Mixu a couple of days later and it all turned out fine :greengrin

Sweep
06-07-2010, 04:27 PM
For me its going to Kilmarnock away, there always seem to be problems.

1. We got lost on the A71 and arrive 30 mins late and watched the rest of a boring 0-0 draw.:bitchy:

2. On another trip my car was broken into and radio/cd stolen along with my CDs, side window was smashed and had to drive all the way back freezing (winter) and hibs had lost.
:bitchy:
3. On another trip crashed into the back of someone on the way there, still went to game only for hibs to lose.:bitchy:

Keith_M
06-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure I could narrow it down to 1 game.

Hearts Semi, Livi Final, Dunfermline Semi, the list goes on.

SmokieJoe
06-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I cant remember what year, month or even the result, may have been 2 nil them. I got 4 tickets to take me, my mrs, a mate and his other half to swiney for a derby game, When we got there, 5 mins late, parking etc... when we went to our seats there was already people sitting in them, they had tickets for the same seats, the dirty yam barstewards had duplicated the tickets, so the 4 of us had to stand at the entrace to the seating area for the whole match, how well we did/didn't play i couldn't tell you. every 2 mins there was either a steward or a copper telling us to get to our seats, i got RSI explaining it ! i will never set foot or line those ****s' pockets again.

Hainan Hibs
06-07-2010, 06:47 PM
The Semi Final against Dunfermline. What could have been:boo hoo:.

The semi final against Hearts doesn't actually annoy or upset me. After hearing player after player drop out through injury and then witness in horror the starting line up on the screen in Hampden I gave up all hope of a win before kick off.

From what I can remember Celtic were pretty piss poor against Dunfermline in the final of the SC that year, we would've had a fantastic chance to lift the Holy Grail had we beat the Pars.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Too many too list but if there was one it was the LCF against Livingston

Absolute murder that day and a total waste of over a hundred quid spent

:grr:

blairwallace
06-07-2010, 07:43 PM
4-1 v hamilton last season for goals
2-1 v hearts last season for worst playing
1-1 v st mirren a few seasons ago for most dullest atmosphere

DH1875
06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
St Johnstone away about 15 years ago. Total nightmare. Cold winters day with plenty of snow so left early so we could make Perth in good time. End up stuck in a traffic jam for hours only to then find out the road has been closed cause of snow and we weren't going anywhere. Ended up stuck in that f*****g car for over 12 hours. No food, No drink, No toilet and worst of all No radio so no bloody football. AND to top it all off it was my birthday.

Other than that has to be the cup final against Livi :grr:.

Ernie Cobra
06-07-2010, 09:09 PM
1984, Pittodrie, being forced to eat a single black pudding before the game by my auld man becuase thats all they had iin the chippy. (you might think that was better than the obligatory packet of crisps and can of coke at the door of the boozer, i can assure you that it wasn't). Got gubbed and that ****in black pudding was still in my mind the next year when we were dismatled 3-0 in the skol cup final! I have never liked aberdeen, aberdonians, granite, oil or sheep since!

Auckland Hibs
07-07-2010, 06:45 AM
My Dad was on a bus that was smashed up by Huns, I remember him saying on the way back the bus was going through Princes Street and the Jap tourists were taking pictures of the smashed up bus with no windows.

...though IIRC they got out the bus and chased and paggered the Huns. Dunno if the game was at Ibrox or what, i'll ask my Dad when he's back from his holiday.

Wasn't the same incident, our bus was left in Glasgow and Dickie managed to blag all of us onto the train home, not a great day (I think the score was 2-2).

Auckland Hibs
07-07-2010, 06:53 AM
remember slashing incident . i stayed behind with guy,s auld man & johnny d. waiting on him to be released from hospital, think it was 70 stiches he coped for, polis kept coming to nip asking us if we knew who it was that done it, thick bassas only thing i could recall was 1 of the huns trying to cave my head in with a baseball bat, thank **** someone shouted, night was mental, even for the i.e.c bus :wink:

Yeah, it was a mental night. IIRC the bus piled out to help a couple of hibs fans being attacked by Rangers who had been playing at Ibrox the same day. I heard afterwards that the Rangers casuals had attacked the hibs buses as revenge for a serious kick-in dished out a few weeks previously by Hibs (Outside Meadowbank Stadium). Also remember the OB being a shower of fannies after the incident, they pretty much done f-all, kept asking silly questions .i.e do you know who done it and talking about the guy taking "a dull yin", which I presume in Glesga terms means someone being slashed with a stanley knife.