PDA

View Full Version : NHC £100m on players from the world cup......who would u buy

steviecarnie
05-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Seen this video on itv.com Townsend and Southgate battle it out for the better players of the WC
http://www.itv.com/sport/football/fifaworldcup/news/videosouthgateandtownsendplayyouretheboss/

if u had £100m who has been your surprises of the tournament??

Fabio Coentrao (Portugal)
Asomoah Cyan (Ghana)
Pablo Barrera (Mexico)

H18sry
05-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Seen this video on itv.com Townsend and Southgate battle it out for the better players of the WC
http://www.itv.com/sport/football/fifaworldcup/news/videosouthgateandtownsendplayyouretheboss/

if u had £100m who has been your surprises of the tournament??

STEKELENBURG Dutch Keeper
Muller Germany
Forlan Uruguay
Ozil Germany

Ritchie
05-07-2010, 12:08 PM
sanchez (chile)
salcido (mexico)
ozil (germany)
metsecker (germany)
muller (germany)

M11BMO
05-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Ozil, Germany
Suarez, Uraguay
Gervinho, Ivory Coast

SidBurns
05-07-2010, 12:54 PM
I would do a bit of wheeling and dealing then sign (based on the WC's they've had) the following:-

GK - (Portugese Keeper)
RB - Maicon
CH - Lucio
CH - Bougherra
LB - Lamn
MD - Ozil
MD - Schneider
MD - Bradley
ST - Forlan
ST - Villa
ST - Klose

H18sry
05-07-2010, 01:27 PM
I would do a bit of wheeling and dealing then sign (based on the WC's they've had) the following:-

GK - (Portugese Keeper)
RB - Maicon
CH - Lucio
CH - Bougherra
LB - Lamn
MD - Ozil
MD - Schneider
MD - Bradley
ST - Forlan
ST - Villa
ST - Klose

He played RB tho

SidBurns
05-07-2010, 02:42 PM
He played RB tho

He actually played RCB if your going to play it like that!?! :wink:

bod
05-07-2010, 03:08 PM
i'd buy awe the vuvuzelas & melt them down !

Pretty Boy
05-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Manuel Neuer (Germany)- Still young and raw but has all the attributes to be a top keeper.

Gervinho (Ivory Coast)- Looks a player

Montolivo (Italy)- Not a great World Cup but this guy is a player and is still youngish.

Ozil and Muller (Germany)- Whilst most people knew these guys were decent before the World Cup i think everyone has been surprised just how good they have been, Muller only has 8 capd FFS.

bob12345
05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Basing my decision on those who I wouldn't have went for before the World Cup but now would.

Schweinsteiger, Godín, Coentrao.

snooky
05-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Schweinsteiger & Lahm (as I've said before) + Xavier.
There - I've blown the £100m.

MWHIBBIES
05-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Pastore-argentina-not played much but is still young and has been good for palermo.
neuer-germany-class young gk
ozil-germany-amazing
freidrich-germany-been solid and is free
muller-germany-amazing

MyJo
05-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Kevin Prince-Boateng
Asamoah Gyan
Giovani Dos Santos
Javier Hernandez
Landon Donovan
Alvaro Periera
Nicolas Otamendi
Bastien Schweinsteiger
Thomas Mueller
Yasuhito Endo
Keisuke Honda

Barney McGrew
05-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I'd buy Wayne Rooney, put him in a cage and poke him with a stick.

sh00byd00
05-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Pastore-argentina-not played much but is still young and has been good for palermo.
neuer-germany-class young gk
ozil-germany-amazing
freidrich-germany-been solid and is free
muller-germany-amazing

Time to be a bit arsey here as it bugs the hell out of me when people just randomly spell names in the hope they are correct.

If you're not going to use Ö, you have to use an e, so in Özil's case, it would be Oezil. Same goes for Müller. If you're not going to use the ü it has to be ue [Mueller]. Those little dotty things aren't just there for show, laddie!

German lesson 1 :D

Kevvy1875
05-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Team of the world cup?(thread has sort of turned into that)

Cassilas
Lahm Mertesacker Lucio Boateng
Schweinsteiger Sniejder
Mueller Ozil Villa
Klose

Subs
Ramos
Macion
Xavi
Forlan
Saurez

Full of Germans I know...but lets be fair, they have far and away been the best team to watch and most entertaining.

I have not managed to see all matches and don't know all the star performers tbh. From what I have seen...thats my team...think I would need more than 100mil tho:greengrin

easty
05-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Landon Donovan is quality. Seems like a really intelligent footballer, looked good at the World Cup, played well at Everton too, I reckon in one of the top teams he'd be superb. I think he'd fit in well in the Man Utd team.

Ozil, I'd only heard he was a really good player, hadn't seen him play at all before the World Cup, he's been outstanding though.

Hibs On Tour
05-07-2010, 11:15 PM
No bothered about whether they were known about or not. Ones I'd buy off the back of this WC would be [and I know £100m wouldn't cover it]:

Ozil [away and boil yer heid if you think I'm searching my keyboard for fancy O's!]
Schweinsteiger - has ran that team
Honda - dangerous all the time
SA lad who scored the 1st goal - every time I saw him he looked good
Higuain - that lad is a goal machine
Villa - ditto

Think aboot that wee lot with the green and white on pitching up at the Leith San Siro every 2nd week eh?... :greengrin

whereswallace?
05-07-2010, 11:24 PM
I'd buy Wayne Rooney, put him in a cage and poke him with a stick.

This made me LOL :greengrin

steviecarnie
05-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Time to be a bit arsey here as it bugs the hell out of me when people just randomly spell names in the hope they are correct.

If you're not going to use Ö, you have to use an e, so in Özil's case, it would be Oezil. Same goes for Müller. If you're not going to use the ü it has to be ue [Mueller]. Those little dotty things aren't just there for show, laddie!

German lesson 1 :D

why would we have to use an e? we're spelling names not telling people how to pronounce them. Even the BBC ive noticed cant make its mind between using Ö and Oe.:greengrin

SteveHFC
05-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Neuer
Boateng
Ozil
Muller
Donovan

MWHIBBIES
06-07-2010, 12:14 AM
No bothered about whether they were known about or not. Ones I'd buy off the back of this WC would be [and I know £100m wouldn't cover it]:

Ozil [away and boil yer heid if you think I'm searching my keyboard for fancy O's!]
Schweinsteiger - has ran that team
Honda - dangerous all the time
SA lad who scored the 1st goal - every time I saw him he looked good
Higuain - that lad is a goal machine
Villa - ditto

Think aboot that wee lot with the green and white on pitching up at the Leith San Siro every 2nd week eh?... :greengrin:faf:

sh00byd00
06-07-2010, 06:51 PM
why would we have to use an e? we're spelling names not telling people how to pronounce them. Even the BBC ive noticed cant make its mind between using Ö and Oe.:greengrin

But you're not spelling it correctly, and because it's on the BBC it must be correct, huh?. Doesn't matter if people aren't going to search their keyboard for a Ö etc, it's simply putting the e after the O. A tad similar to a German spelling the name 'Keith' 'Keth'.

Who says the Brits are ignorant when it comes to to pronouncing and spelling foreign names?