PDA

View Full Version : When the Transfer window Closes

johnrebus
05-07-2010, 11:51 AM
There is a pretty positive feel on this board right now and understandably so, with the new stand and De Graaf signing.

But come the end of August what will the feeling be then?

Can anyone really see all of Stokes, Miller, Riordan and Zemmama still being at Easter Road? (Am assuming Bamba will be off).

Crowds were pretty disappointing last season, not helped by the post January slump and I can see a few people being seriously pissed off if Deek and Stokes were to depart with no serious signings to compensate.

However, maybe I'm wrong and without these two and with a new main striker we could be playing a different style and be harder to beat?

Thoughts?

:cool2:

SmokieJoe
05-07-2010, 12:02 PM
There is a pretty positive feel on this board right now and understandably so, with the new stand and De Graaf signing.

But come the end of August what will the feeling be then?

Can anyone really see all of Stokes, Miller, Riordan and Zemmama still being at Easter Road?

Crowds were pretty disappointing last season, not helped by the post January slump and I can see a few people being seriously pissed off if Deek and Stokes were to depart with no serious signings to compensate.

However, maybe I'm wrong and without these two and with a new main striker we could be playing a different style and be harder to beat?

Thoughts?

:cool2:

Deeks, no way unless the club want rid of him, he had a painful enough time away from ER.

Miller, claimed he enjoyed his footie at ER and may finish his career with us ( before he stopped taking a game)

Stokes, if the right bid comes in, will the tache KB it, prolly not

Zouma,wants to stay i think, for me new ER pitch, Bigger stage Europa league, its his platform to shine, i think he is a fantastic player, again, prolly down to the tache if bids come in.

Sol i dont know about, he will move on, but when, prob depeds in his contract length

.Sean.
05-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Deeks, no way unless the club want rid of him, he had a painful enough time away from ER.

Miller, claimed he enjoyed his footie at ER and may finish his career with us ( before he stopped taking a game)

Zouma,wants to stay i think, for me new ER pitch, Bigger stage Europa league, its his platform to shine, i think he is a fantastic player, again, prolly down to the tache if bids come in.

Sol i dont know about, he will move on, but when, prob depeds in his contract length
But does he? I'm not so sure.

Steve20
05-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I think Stokes will be gone before the season starts.

Hopefully Riordan stays and gets a new contract, but kept hearing at the end of last season that he was getting forced out. I hope it was all just alot of nonsense.

SmokieJoe
05-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I think Stokes will be gone before the season starts.

Hopefully Riordan stays and gets a new contract, but kept hearing at the end of last season that he was getting forced out. I hope it was all just alot of nonsense.

Prob on the back of Yogi and him having a 'handbags at 10 paces' and swiney, and Deeks :bitchy:slagging off the pitch, surely if the both want the best for the club they would put it behind them

H18sry
05-07-2010, 12:21 PM

I heard at the weekend that he was on the verge of extending his contract with us :wink:

.Sean.
05-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I heard at the weekend that he was on the verge of extending his contract with us :wink:
Here's hoping :agree:

Just the 2 years he signed for eh?

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Here's hoping :agree:

Just the 2 years he signed for eh?

Is that a two year contract or two years of football, spread over four seasons like the half season that he has just given us?