PDA

View Full Version : John Collins on American TV

Dashing Bob S
05-07-2010, 02:02 AM
Enjoying his astute but passionate punditry on CBC in America with Jason De Voss. I know telly distorts but he's really looking like Quagmire in Family Guy.

Hibbyradge
05-07-2010, 06:49 AM
Racist.

calamitus
05-07-2010, 07:10 AM
giggity.

Rivers Cuomo
05-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Enjoying his astute but passionate punditry on CBC in America with Jason De Voss. I know telly distorts but he's really looking like Quagmire in Family Guy.

Canadian Broadcasting Corperation:wink:

newmarket_hibbee
05-07-2010, 11:16 AM

That would be Canadian TV, Canadian Broadcasting company...please dont confuse us for them... you wouldnt want to be called English eh?!?!?

Keith_M
05-07-2010, 11:30 AM
That would be Canadian TV, Canadian Broadcasting company...please dont confuse us for them... you wouldnt want to be called English eh?!?!?

Racist!

Bostonhibby
05-07-2010, 06:03 PM

Whats that you say Bob? Football manager with Edinburgh connections looks like character from Family Guy?

Dashing Bob S
05-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Racist!

Actually, I'm technically not being racist. Canada and the USA are all American, Part of that great continent which stretches from the wastelands of northern Canada and Alaska to the southern tip of Argentina. If anything you chaps are being racist by accepting the United States imperialist and hegemonic appropriation of the term 'america' thus disrespecting not only Canadians but also Central and South American peoples.

Shame on you all!

Hibbyradge
06-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Actually, I'm technically not being racist. Canada and the USA are all American, Part of that great continent which stretches from the wastelands of northern Canada and Alaska to the southern tip of Argentina. If anything you chaps are being racist by accepting the United States imperialist and hegemonic appropriation of the term 'america' thus disrespecting not only Canadians but also Central and South American peoples.

Shame on you all!

My comment was an allusion to people being called racist on the threrad which joked about Emile Heskey looking like Serena Williams.

Ergo, I am exempt from your shame charge. On this occasion!

banarc7062
06-07-2010, 12:41 PM

Shame on you all!

Aye, I agree wi what he said:top marks

hibee4life1983
06-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Heard anythin on the amero?

GhostofBolivar
06-07-2010, 02:13 PM

Shame on you all!

Hmmm... I'm not certain the Canadians I know would let you away with that.

HibeeHutch
06-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Clutching at straws I think. I think you know you were wrong. If not and if you were trying to be informative (by the way a similar post was made about 3 weeks ago) then you really need to be accurate and specific so that Hibbies know where they can see JC if they so wish i.e. on Canadian TV...on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

PS By your logic I'd be sending links to Scottish and UK TV programmes to colleagues at work but describing them as European TV programmes. Technically correct but not very helpul or specific.

Shame on you all!

Hainan Hibs
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
So just because JC is white he looks like Quagmire?:grr::grr::grr:

Racist.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Was it a repeat of dynasty?

Dashing Bob S
06-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Clutching at straws I think. I think you know you were wrong. If not and if you were trying to be informative (by the way a similar post was made about 3 weeks ago) then you really need to be accurate and specific so that Hibbies know where they can see JC if they so wish i.e. on Canadian TV...on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

PS By your logic I'd be sending links to Scottish and UK TV programmes to colleagues at work but describing them as European TV programmes. Technically correct but not very helpul or specific.

Yes, I was totally clutching at straws. The retort was meant to be light-hearted and perhaps came over a bit more pompous than intended. The last line ought to have been a giveaway. It's just that I recall being taken to task once by a Mexican chap in a bar for using the term 'america' interchangably with the USA. Of course he was correct, but came over as rather tedious.

Greentinted
07-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Yes, I was totally clutching at straws. The retort was meant to be light-hearted and perhaps came over a bit more pompous than intended. The last line ought to have been a giveaway. It's just that I recall being taken to task once by a Mexican chap in a bar for using the term 'america' interchangably with the USA. Of course he was correct, but came over as rather tedious.

Probbly a Hertz man then...:agree: