PDA

View Full Version : Stands - new and old!

Archie70
05-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I was a season ticket holder in the old north stand, now the new west stand, (could never quite work that out). Anyway I was and still am a season ticket holder in the main stand.

I can remember the old west coming down and relocating to the away end but can't remember where the players changed, ran out from etc.

Any help to jog the old memory appreciated!
Any photos would be good, I love the thread on the new stand building but it'd be good to see any photos of the others coming down / going up.

Also for all you Yams that are reading, and I know you do because I also read your site, this isn't our main stand we're building. We've already done that ya donuts and we've more corporate space, office space, press rooms and bars in our three exisiting than you'll ever be able to cram into your one. Fact!

Aubenas
05-07-2010, 12:39 AM
I was a season ticket holder in the old north stand, now the new west stand, (could never quite work that out). Anyway I was and still am a season ticket holder in the main stand.

I can remember the old west coming down and relocating to the away end but can't remember where the players changed, ran out from etc.

Any photos would be good, I love the thread on the new stand building but it'd be good to see any photos of the others coming down / going up.

Also for all you Yams that are reading, and I know you do because I also read your site, this isn't our main stand we're building. We've already done that ya donuts and we've more corporate space, office space, press rooms and bars in our three exisiting than you'll ever be able to cram into your one. Fact!

There was a line of portacabins at the back of the building site, round about where the west stand turnstiles are now I would guess, and a kind of fenced off pathway from them to the touchline. It was always bizarre to see the great Franck leading the team out form a hut as if he were playing at Wardie or somewhere!

Archie70
05-07-2010, 01:04 AM
I think I remember it now that you describe it. Think we played the French National Anthem on one occassion Le God ran out. If we're having an official opening it would be good to invite some of the former players along. Not just the local ones Weir, Kane, Hunter etc but the likes of Sauzee, Jack, Latapy those from a bit further afield. You can't beat a bit of nostalgia!!!

The club really should have a photo room, for public viewing, with various images of the ground throughout the past few years.

Ringothedog
05-07-2010, 07:19 AM

We only had one stand back then. This was split into North,centre and South. The rest was basically terracing(with the exception being the family enclosure).

heretoday
05-07-2010, 08:21 AM
The standing enclosure under the old north stand was where it was at. What laughs!

linlithgowhibbie
05-07-2010, 09:00 AM
The standing enclosure under the old north stand was where it was at. What laughs!

That was wher me and my pals all stood, mostly from the Carlton and what became Liberton travel SC. Great fun indeed:agree:

Disc O'Dave
05-07-2010, 01:34 PM

Supermac has some great pictures on Flickr.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ospreywatcher/sets/72157602269717720/?page=2

He has pictures of ALL the stands being developed.