PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Financial Fair Play

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 08:08 PM
I've just been reading up on Uefa's finincial fair play regulations, in a nutshell teams will only be able to spend as much as they can generate. Apart from our less than frugal neighbours accross town, who do you think the winners and losers will be, can be individual clubs or national FA's.

Apologies if this topic has been visited before.

M11BMO
04-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Man City would be up sh*t creek...

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Man City would be up sh*t creek...

I haven't read the ruling cover to cover yet, but if it includes debt.......
Hibees for the treble in 2012/13:thumbsup:

Woody1985
04-07-2010, 11:16 PM
I've just been reading up on Uefa's finincial fair play regulations, in a nutshell teams will only be able to spend as much as they can generate. Apart from our less than frugal neighbours accross town, who do you think the winners and losers will be, can be individual clubs or national FA's.

Apologies if this topic has been visited before.

Not read it fully but as far as I'm aware it will mean those already at the top end of the CL when the regs are fully implemented will stay there and it's a major bias towards any club who can generate additional income through massive worldwide fan bases.

Therefore, it's more likely that the team at the top end will still stay there, they'll just have to spend less and it will all become proportional. There may be movement at the lower and middle parts of the leagues but I think the top end is likely to stay the same with teams like Man City moving back to their natural place in the order.

I suspect that some accountant will find a way around it. They'll probably just sell a patch of land to their rich owners for 50 million etc.

It could be good for teams run like ourselves but I suspect most teams in Scotland are now living within their means anyway so I'm not sure how much of an impact there will be on Scotland.