PDA

View Full Version : 3d telly

Hibby70
04-07-2010, 06:17 PM
just had a demo of 3d sony tv today, it was nothing short of fantastic. Watched some football and alice in wonderland. This will be great in about a years time when there is enough media to show on it. Better than the cinema 3d in my opinion.

Caversham Green
05-07-2010, 06:44 PM
:greengrin I've just won a Samsung 3D TV plus Blu-Ray player (also 3D) I also got a demo disc - Monsters vs Aliens. It actually converts 2D pictures, so I watched the Germany - Argentina game in 3D. You do have to wear daft specs though.

Watch this space, I might be selling it in the near future, as it's just more TV than I really want or need. Great piece of kit though.

Ants
06-07-2010, 06:04 AM
These tellies are great, but the only bad thing is:-
I was watching The Hour on STV while having my tea last night and that fat bird stole one of my chips....:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
06-07-2010, 06:33 AM
I just can't see me and the missus sitting at home wearing those stupid glasses every night, loved it at the cinema for two hours, but not sure about every night.

Calvin
06-07-2010, 07:47 AM
:greengrin I've just won a Samsung 3D TV plus Blu-Ray player (also 3D) I also got a demo disc - Monsters vs Aliens. It actually converts 2D pictures, so I watched the Germany - Argentina game in 3D. You do have to wear daft specs though.

Watch this space, I might be selling it in the near future, as it's just more TV than I really want or need. Great piece of kit though.

Jammy guy, they're absolutely fantastic.

The thing about wearing the glasses is that you probably only wear them for two hours at any time - as a 2DTV we've never had a better one than the Samsung C8000.

.Sean.
08-07-2010, 08:15 PM

How does that work, i thought to watch something in 3D the match/programme/film etc had to be filmed in a special way?

Caversham Green
09-07-2010, 06:50 AM
How does that work, i thought to watch something in 3D the match/programme/film etc had to be filmed in a special way?

So did I. I've no idea how it works technically, but the specs have a battery in them and you need to switch them on, while the tellybox has a transmitter - you have to change the settings using the remote (not difficult, it only takes a couple of seconds) and the picture goes a bit darker. It works with games on the PS3 too.

Caversham Green
16-07-2010, 06:39 AM

OK, I've decided I will be selling this lot. The whole package retails at about £2,500 - I'll be looking for considerably less but I ain't gonna give it away.

I'll be putting it on E-Bay in the next week or so. Because of the size of the thing I'll try to find a local buyer, but if you're interested drop me a pm.

Admins, apologies if I've broken any rules here, please feel free to delete.

MSK
16-07-2010, 09:59 AM
OK, I've decided I will be selling this lot. The whole package retails at about £2,500 - I'll be looking for considerably less but I ain't gonna give it away.

I'll be putting it on E-Bay in the next week or so. Because of the size of the thing I'll try to find a local buyer, but if you're interested drop me a pm.

Admins, apologies if I've broken any rules here, please feel free to delete.We have a forum for selling items... http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?49-hib-Bay you can stick something in there ...read the rules first though ..:wink:

Caversham Green
16-07-2010, 10:34 AM
We have a forum for selling items... http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?49-hib-Bay you can stick something in there ...read the rules first though ..:wink:

Aye, I know. I thought about putting it there, but the distance thing means it's probably not worth it.

Anyway, fancy a TV?

Gatecrasher
16-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Does anyone think willy wonka was right with his wonka vision? (old film version) - surely cant be that far away judging by progression in tv's lately :greengrin

MSK
17-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Aye, I know. I thought about putting it there, but the distance thing means it's probably not worth it.

Anyway, fancy a TV?If only i could afford it mate ...:greengrin...car a priority right now though ..:agree:

Hibby70
17-07-2010, 05:15 PM

Admins, apologies if I've broken any rules here, please feel free to delete.

What size of screen, I would guess at that price its the 63" one!!

Caversham Green
18-07-2010, 07:56 AM
What size of screen, I would guess at that price its the 63" one!!

No, it's just a 40" - I guess it's the 3D technology that makes it so expensive.

The retail prices are:

TV £1,800
Blu-Ray player £350
Glasses (2 pairs) £140
HDMI lead £50.

Hibby70
18-07-2010, 09:19 AM
you can get that lot for £1200 in hi-fi corner. Samsung 7 series. 4 year warranty. How much you looking for?

Caversham Green
18-07-2010, 09:41 AM
you can get that lot for £1200 in hi-fi corner. Samsung 7 series. 4 year warranty. How much you looking for?

More than £1,200. :greengrin

I'm just going to stick it on E-Bay with a reserve and see what happens.