PDA

View Full Version : away to The Pars

HibbyKeith
04-07-2010, 01:15 PM
going to get the train to the game next weekend, usually travel by supporter bus so have a few questions that someone could help with..

what station in dunfermline is closest to the ground? (dunfermline town or queen Margaret?)

Directions from the station (roughly) to the ground? and where will all the hibby's be drinking?

cheers in advance . :thumbsup:

Edit* found the directions here (http://www.dafc.co.uk/page/directions/0,,10288,00.html) , so just where's the best place for hibby's drinking needing answered.

CallumHibs07
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Pretty sure dunfy town is the closest one. Walk across the big park outside the station and turn right. Follow that road and the stadium will be on your left about 10 minutes up the road.

HibbyKeith
04-07-2010, 01:30 PM
looked out some train times for those interested.

Departing; Edinburgh Waverly trains to Dunfermline town

11:48
12:18
12:49
13:18
13:49 ( this being the last realistic train to get you there on time, it arrives at 14:20 and its about a 20min walk to the ground)

Departing; Dunfermline town to Edinburgh Waverly

17:02
17:31
18:06
19:06
19:33

hope this helps. :thumbsup:

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 01:33 PM
going to get the train to the game next weekend, usually travel by supporter bus so have a few questions that someone could help with..

what station in dunfermline is closest to the ground? (dunfermline town or queen Margaret?)

Directions from the station (roughly) to the ground? and where will all the hibby's be drinking?

Edit* found the directions here (http://www.dafc.co.uk/page/directions/0,,10288,00.html) , so just where's the best place for hibby's drinking needing answered.

station is a 10 min stroll from the stadium, pass on the boozers.

Any idea if its a ticket game or not? would imagine a fair few of us there

HibbyKeith
04-07-2010, 01:38 PM
station is a 10 min stroll from the stadium, pass on the boozers.

Any idea if its a ticket game or not? would imagine a fair few of us there

pay at the gate as far as i was aware. lets hope they open more turnstiles this time.

hibee4life1983
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Cheers hibbykeith, im defo going now.

OtterHibee
04-07-2010, 01:43 PM

Both stations are roughly the same distance away. Just a 10 minute walk either way. Dunfermline Town is the first station you'll arrive at when travelling from Edinburgh

From D'line Town: Exit the station from Platform 1 and head through the park to your right, before turning right again. You're just following the road straight along from there.

From D'line QM: Cross the bridge across from Platform 1 to 2, and head down the flight of stairs down to Whitefield Road. Turn left and follow that road down until you reach the seat of traffic lights (Quick Fit opposite). From there, take a right and head straight down Halbeath Road. The ground will be on your right approx 5 mins along.

I don't drink, but I believe it tends to be the Elizabethan Pub that everyone heads to, which is nearer Queen Margaret station - follow directions from QM, along Halbeath Road as you go underneath the railway bridge and it's on your left (blue signs).

Baldy Foghorn
04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Both stations are roughly the same distance away. Just a 10 minute walk either way. Dunfermline Town is the first station you'll arrive at when travelling from Edinburgh

From D'line Town: Exit the station from Platform 1 and head through the park to your right, before turning right again. You're just following the road straight along from there.

From D'line QM: Cross the bridge across from Platform 1 to 2, and head down the flight of stairs down to Whitefield Road. Turn left and follow that road down until you reach the seat of traffic lights (Quick Fit opposite). From there, take a right and head straight down Halbeath Road. The ground will be on your right approx 5 mins along.

I don't drink, but I believe it tends to be the Elizabethan Pub that everyone heads to, which is nearer Queen Margaret station - follow directions from QM, along Halbeath Road as you go underneath the railway bridge and it's on your left (blue signs).

Wow, that is efficient directions for anyone who needs to know:wink:

SaulGoodman
04-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I cant make it to the game due to lack of funds :grr:

I trust there will be a Match Updates thread on here though? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hibeesdude
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
no real meeting places in the town centre now sinkys has gone....maybe east port bar or british legion...failing that get off at queen margaret staion and head to the elizabethan its where all the good people wil be :)))))

Scooter
04-07-2010, 03:43 PM
queen Margaret is defo much closer!!

Ed De Gramo
04-07-2010, 03:44 PM

is it? :wink::greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
04-07-2010, 04:40 PM

From QM Station is 1.2 miles, from Dunfermline Town 0.7 miles.

Less hill climbing from QM and it goes past the Lizzie.

No pubs at all en route from Dunfermline Town - requires a steep climb up to the East Port Bar.

jonny
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I think the Elizabethan is the meeting place of home/away fans before the game, never been but have heard from a friend that its a good mix and normally a good atmosphere. :thumbsup:

Anyone know where a good indian restaurant in dunfermline is? I moved to fife about a year ago and have some mates coming up from the south of England for the game/banter and we're planning to make a day/night of it.

Phil D. Rolls
04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I think the Elizabethan is the meeting place of home/away fans before the game, never been but have heard from a friend that its a good mix and normally a good atmosphere. :thumbsup:

Anyone know where a good indian restaurant in dunfermline is? I moved to fife about a year ago and have some mates coming up from the south of England for the game/banter and we're planning to make a day/night of it.

A lot of people at work rave about the Eastern Buffet in the New Row (don't know if it's Chinese or Indian tbh). There is also a Kushis in the town, dunno the name of the street, but IIRC it's the same one that Oscar's is on.

Gala Foxes
04-07-2010, 08:24 PM
reality check required - Dunfermline is 10 minutes over the bridge on a train, its hardly an adventure into Europe - whcih station which train, have a word with yourself

seanraff07
04-07-2010, 08:27 PM
I cant make it to the game due to lack of funds :grr:

I trust there will be a Match Updates thread on here though? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also can't make it as i'll be away in England for a week..

It would be muchly appreciated if there was a match thread.:agree:

jonny
04-07-2010, 08:34 PM
A lot of people at work rave about the Eastern Buffet in the New Row (don't know if it's Chinese or Indian tbh). There is also a Kushis in the town, dunno the name of the street, but IIRC it's the same one that Oscar's is on.

Magic - thanks for the reply, I know where Oscars is so should be able to find Kushi's.

:thumbsup:

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know a good spot for parking near the ground? freebe parking if poss

mim
04-07-2010, 08:39 PM
reality check required - Dunfermline is 10 minutes over the bridge on a train, its hardly an adventure into Europe - whcih station which train, have a word with yourself

If I understood the OP correctly, he doesn't have a problem with which train, only which station and
which pub. Both questions seem reasonable to me for someone who hasn't travelled there by train before.

OtterHibee
04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know a good spot for parking near the ground? freebe parking if poss

There is a car park at the ground but I think its something like £2 to get in. Street parking on or around Halbeath Road is your best bet.

Gala Foxes
04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
just to check, it is Dunfermline away on Saturday and not "how do I get to Dubrovnik & where do I park when I get there"

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
There is a car park at the ground but I think its something like £2 to get in. Street parking on or around Halbeath Road is your best bet.

Thanks for the heads up, last time i was there was when they were in top tier of scottish footie.

iwasthere1972
04-07-2010, 09:37 PM

:agree: Hope they're not planning on going to Carlisle or Blackpool unless they leave a week before everybody else.

Removed
04-07-2010, 09:54 PM
just to check, it is Dunfermline away on Saturday and not "how do I get to Dubrovnik & where do I park when I get there"

:faf:

You better watch your blood pressure over the coming weeks, the questions on here are only going to get worse :greengrin

Loopz
04-07-2010, 10:31 PM

There is an excellent Indian restaurant called "Everest" 78 Hospital Hill. I have only ever had take away but food is great. It's quite small so may be best to book. Only 5 Mins away from ground or the High street in a taxi.

hibeesdude
05-07-2010, 07:35 AM
kushis is ok but take yer own booze as they dont sell, viceroy is usually where i get take away and go for xmas lunch - big place but food is good and staff are always friendly, alternate is Ashiq's (owned by brother of viceroy guy i think) similar menus but much smaller and nicer on the inside - best book that one

parking - you could use car park 5 at hospital (its the staff car park officially but is empty most weekends as people use te other car parks) thats just 5 minsfrom elizabethan or you can stroll along the cycle path to EEp in about 10 mins

Phil D. Rolls
05-07-2010, 08:54 AM

Youll find more English speakers in Dubrovnik.

You better watch your blood pressure over the coming weeks, the questions on here are only going to get worse :greengrin

:faf: I am really worried in case they don't sell half time snacks at Blackpool, should I bring my own food, and what are the arrangements if it rains.

SmokieJoe
05-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Youll find more English speakers in Dubrovnik.

:faf: I am really worried in case they don't sell half time snacks at Blackpool, should I bring my own food, and what are the arrangements if it rains.

Thanks for the great info, feel free to snipe, have you tried bringing 2 young kids to a game on yer own.... its either **** about with prams etc or get some where close.......:applause: how else does the next generation of supporters get involved

Phil D. Rolls
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the great info, feel free to snipe, have you tried bringing 2 young kids to a game on yer own.... its either **** about with prams etc or get some where close.......:applause: how else does the next generation of supporters get involved

"Will nobody think of our children?" :greengrin

Relax mate, I actually gave some concrete information about the distance from both stations. You can find quite a lot out from the internet. Fair's fair, the OP asked the sort of question that fans forums are for. No offence intended.

I wonder if kids that need prams are a bit too young for going to games though. I would have thought they'd be bored out of their skulls

SmokieJoe
05-07-2010, 11:52 AM
"Will nobody think of our children?" :greengrin

Relax mate, I actually gave some concrete information about the distance from both stations. You can find quite a lot out from the internet. Fair's fair, the OP asked the sort of question that fans forums are for. No offence intended.

I wonder if kids that need prams are a bit too young for going to games though. I would have thought they'd be bored out of their skulls

Me off thread again, a 10 min walk for us is sometimes trebled, but they love to see real games, the last one they got to was 2-0 'v the sheep. been getting nagged since...