PDA

View Full Version : NHC Maka makes debut for Congo

(((Fergus)))
04-07-2010, 11:33 AM
On 21 May Maka made his debut for DR Congo in a friendly against Saudi Arabia. SA won 2-0. Here's the goals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXQP6xjFoFo

H18sry
04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
I thought he was commited to play for Belguim?

Mind thats Maka alright at fault for the 1st goal :wink:

hibeemad
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
and the 2nd

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Maklamity strikes again!, honest it was nothing to do with you not being offered a contract that you were dropped. a nice guy i'm sure:bye:

(((Fergus)))
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM

and the 2nd

No marking for the first, second was perfect free kick

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM

I think he played at U21 level for Belgium, so is still eligible to play for either of his parents birth countries at senior level, I could be wrong though.:hmmm:

fordie2
04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
The first goal the striker nips in with a neat touch right in front of the goalie, not a lot he could do!

Second goal is right in the postage stamp, most goalies won't stop that!

But don't let facts get in the way of bashing a player that's not even here anymore!:rolleyes:

hibeemad
04-07-2010, 12:07 PM
No marking for the first, second was perfect free kick

There is always one

hibeemad
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
The first goal the striker nips in with a neat touch right in front of the goalie, not a lot he could do!

But don't let facts get in the way of bashing a player that's not even here anymore!:rolleyes:

Aye and thats why he is no here anymore

hibsbollah
04-07-2010, 12:09 PM
At fault for neither of them. Of course that wont stop the petty and predictable sniping from those too bitter to move on:rolleyes:

Wilson
04-07-2010, 12:15 PM
At fault for neither of them. Of course that wont stop the petty and predictable sniping from those too bitter to move on:rolleyes:

Didn't cover himself in glory for either of them. He didn't make the grade at hibs and he's gone. Get over it and stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Hibbyradge
04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
He's a crap keeper, but he wasn't at fault for either of those goals.

FFS, the free kick was unsavable.

GlesgaeHibby
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Never rated him as a goalie but to blame him for that second strike is ridiculous. Superb free kick.

hibsboy90
04-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Didn't cover himself in glory for either of them. He didn't make the grade at hibs and he's gone. Get over it and stop trying to defend the indefensible.
Whats wrong with trying to defend an ex-player, who appeared to enjoy his time at the club, from a bashing from fans who have no interest otherwise in DR Congo or Saudi Arabia. He wasn't at fault for either of those goals, he may have made decent saves in that game which we don't know about.

It's nothing to do with 'getting over it', it's defending someone from an undue bashing in a game us hibees have nothing to do with.

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Whats wrong with trying to defend an ex-player, who appeared to enjoy his time at the club, from a bashing from fans who have no interest otherwise in DR Congo or Saudi Arabia. He wasn't at fault for either of those goals, he may have made decent saves in that game which we don't know about.

It's nothing to do with 'getting over it', it's defending someone from an undue bashing in a game us hibees have nothing to do with.

I'm all for defending Ex-players that leave our club when they leave with dignity, but did Maka?

Wotherspiniesta
04-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Good finish from Kid Cudi for the first. :agree:

seanraff07
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Not at fault for either goals.

RyeSloan
04-07-2010, 01:08 PM

Hardly. Hibsbollah was merely pointing out that neither of the goals should really be considered keeper errors.

I read the start of this thread, expected to see a couple of howlers but actually saw shookerooney marking for the first and an absolute peach for the second.

Wouldn't matter who was in goals, I would never put either of those down as goalkeeping howlers.

hibee4life1983
04-07-2010, 01:22 PM
He was always pish. Fact.

TornadoHibby
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth there! :wink: :cool2:

It's not the Hibs.net way to give a player who was seriously abused on here any credit whatsoever when he is "kicked out of the club" for being the "clown" that many on here considered him to be! :grr:

Why not just let the guy get on with his life away from Hibs for goodness sake! :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
He's a crap keeper, but he wasn't at fault for either of those goals.

FFS, the free kick was unsavable.

He got a touch to it, ergo it could have been saved.

He wasn't at fault for the first, that was somewhat similar to the first Germany goal yesterday in that you could hypercritically blame the keeper, but the awful defending in front of him was 95% to blame.

Pretty Boy
04-07-2010, 05:24 PM
We've lost one of the best goalies around.Look at ALL the goalies at the world cup. They ALL come out for balls...they ALL fumble the ball ...None of them are deemed inept clowns! Try and imagine how embarrassing Stack or Smith would look in that company...For you to suggest that Maka was to blame for either of those goals against Saudi is just idiocy in the extreme.:bye:

The 1st goal was almost identical to the error the Argentina keeper(Romero?) made for the first German goal, flopped onto one knee and gave no thought or anticipation to the fact that the striker might get to the ball.

The 2nd i agree would be harsh in the extreme to blame him for.

I don't really see what Stack or Smith have to do with a thread on Makalambays' performance for DR Congo though. But then again there is always a few posters on here who feel the need to defend one player by slaughtering another.

erskine-hibby
04-07-2010, 05:40 PM
The guys positioning was crap for both goals, hence the reason he was papped out of hibs....crap...END OF!!

KiddA
04-07-2010, 06:30 PM
He was always pish. Fact.

:agree:

Congo ranked 103 Belgium ranked 59

If Maka thought he was good enough he would be battling for the No. 1 jersey for Belgium so this tells you a little story :wink:

Zondervan
04-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Well, according to the commentator Makalamby was not to blame for either goal. :cool2:

TornadoHibby
04-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Well, according to the commentator Makalamby was not to blame for either goal. :cool2:

Are you telling us the obvious because you are unable to watch the video and make up your own mind for yourself! :cool2:

The commentator speak the truth! :agree: :wink:

fordie2
04-07-2010, 09:02 PM
:agree:

Congo ranked 103 Belgium ranked 59

If Maka thought he was good enough he would be battling for the No. 1 jersey for Belgium so this tells you a little story :wink:

Pish!

Maka decided to play for Congo to honour his fathers name as he recently passed away!

KiddA
04-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Pish!

Maka decided to play for Congo to honour his fathers name as he recently passed away!

Wow calm down mate I did not know this, I just assumed he chose Congo over Belgium so he would have more of a chance at being number 1

ArabHibee
04-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Pish!

Aye, so he says. :rolleyes:

Ritchie
05-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Good finish from Kid Cudi for the first. :agree:

Racist

Steve-O
05-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Had it not been for Gordon Marshall, Maka would have saved both of those :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
05-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Racist

:confused:

Hibby70
05-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Who is this Dr Congo anyway? And can he cure my piles?:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
05-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Pish!

Good for him. Lucky Belgium hadn't capped him yet - must've surprised a few on here that were claiming he was already an international keeper last season.

All the best Maka - wherever you end up - I'm sure most of us are willing to overlook the stuff he said in the papers a couple of weeks ago.

Ritchie
05-07-2010, 09:15 PM
:confused:

Just Jesting mate, after the whole emile Heskey thread!

Wotherspiniesta
05-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Just Jesting mate, after the whole emile Heskey thread!

Ah yes, The Emile Heskey thread.

Brings back the best memories for me.

:greengrin

lyonhibs
06-07-2010, 09:10 AM
You're ill informed.... And no doubt dont have a record in sport to talk about to entitle you to debate such things with any any credense..

The inability to spell credence whilst accusing another of not having any. Is THAT the definition of irony?? :greengrin

Maka will doubtless have a well of "untapped potential" when he's 35 :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
06-07-2010, 09:22 AM
The inability to spell credence whilst accusing another of not having any. Is THAT the definition of irony?? :greengrin

Maka will dountless have a well of "untapped potential" when he's 35 :rolleyes:

The inability to spell "doubtless" whilst accusing others of having an inability to spell? Is that the epitome of ironing? :greengrin

(Editor's note... I always have a look at the keyboard to check whether a typo is really just that, or an indication of dyslexia, or a sign of being a thick sh*t).

lyonhibs
06-07-2010, 09:23 AM
The inability to spell "doubtless" whilst accusing others of having an inability to spell? Is that the epitome of ironing? :greengrin

(Editor's note... I always have a look at the keyboard to check whether a typo is really just that, or an indication of dyslexia, or a sign of being a thick sh*t).

**** :grr: :grr:

Just me being cack-handed.

BOLLOCKS :greengrin

allezsauzee
06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
what is it about Makalamby that means we have to keep debating his ability or lack of? i dont see the same number of number of threads discussing other ex pump goalkeepers like Brown or Zibby!...he's gone now lets move on :yawn:

(((Fergus)))
06-07-2010, 12:03 PM
what is it about Makalamby that means we have to keep debating his ability or lack of? i dont see the same number of number of threads discussing other ex pump goalkeepers like Brown or Zibby!...he's gone now lets move on :yawn:

No, let's go further back. :greengrin

DR Congo used to be Mobuto's Zaire - the team we beat 2-0 in 1974. They also had a reserve goalie called "Makalambay" in the squad. I remember they were supposed to be utter guff, but looking at the first 10 mins snf highlights of the game, it's Zaire that look more like the future of football. While they lacked finesse (and a clue at set pieces), they were skilful and athletic, while our only qualities were violence and the long ball. Crude, unsportsmanlike challenges by John Blackley and Joe Jordan, in particular. Shattered some of my illusions about the 74 Scotland team.

First 10 mins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeVDAMS0aKI

Match highights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAMvCgecQxc&

And what were those numbers on the socks all about? :confused:

erskine-hibby
06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
You're ill informed.... And no doubt dont have a record in sport to talk about to entitle you to debate such things with any any credense..

I'm sorry i didn't realise I had to be a professional athlete to post an opinion....I shall cease forthwith:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Had it not been for Gordon Marshall, Maka would have saved both of those :agree:

:top marks :faf::faf:

seanraff07
06-07-2010, 02:45 PM

It isn't even worth debating whether their good or not.:wink:

Luna_Asylum
06-07-2010, 03:54 PM
No, let's go further back. :greengrin

DR Congo used to be Mobuto's Zaire - the team we beat 2-0 in 1974. They also had a reserve goalie called "Makalambay" in the squad. I remember they were supposed to be utter guff, but looking at the first 10 mins snf highlights of the game, it's Zaire that look more like the future of football. While they lacked finesse (and a clue at set pieces), they were skilful and athletic, while our only qualities were violence and the long ball. Crude, unsportsmanlike challenges by John Blackley and Joe Jordan, in particular. Shattered some of my illusions about the 74 Scotland team.

First 10 mins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeVDAMS0aKI

Match highights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAMvCgecQxc&

And what were those numbers on the socks all about? :confused:

If there is an interesting clip of Zaire at the 1974 world cup surely this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDXkVGpMpc

They had a poor tourament and when they went home everyone made jokes about the playeys being womens tennis player- 1974 grand slam champ yvonne goolagong - on account of their striking resemblance to her

allezsauzee
06-07-2010, 09:34 PM
It isn't even worth debating whether their good or not.:wink:

I couldn't agree more,I just dont understand why we do it with makalamby..... he was as bad as them, let just be happy that he's not throwing any more big games

nonshinyfinish
06-07-2010, 09:46 PM
He got a touch to it, ergo it could have been saved.

He wasn't at fault for the first, that was somewhat similar to the first Germany goal yesterday in that you could hypercritically blame the keeper, but the awful defending in front of him was 95% to blame.

Aye, if his arms were longer.

Not at fault for either goal IMO. Doesn't change the fact that he was regularly rancid for Hibs, but using footage of an obscure international to bash a former player is pretty pathetic.

basehibby
07-07-2010, 01:17 AM

:agree: First goal he could maybe have positioned himself better but the (non) Marking was the main reason for the goal.

I struggle to see how anyone could criticise the keeper for the second though - some folk just can't stop bitchin :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

PS - good luck Maka with the Congo!

lapsedhibee
07-07-2010, 07:44 AM
The irony is that I can spell without the aid of a spell check thing.I was grappling with my new iphone which keeps losing it's signal.

:grr: :wink: