PDA

View Full Version : Engerland

Borders Hibby
03-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Can we have a sweep to see how long it takes them to say that the England result against Germany can now be seen in "perspective".:wink:

SmokieJoe
03-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Can we have a sweep to see how long it takes them to say that the England result against Germany can now be seen in "perspective".:wink:

I had to laugh yesterday at the English based press, prior to Andy Murry getting to the QF at wimblers he was British, then once he got to the SF they tried to claim him as Eglish, re English Sun paper, then once Rafa beat him, ITN news said he was Scottish, Welcome back Andy.

Sorry for being off topic, I'm watching Arg v Ger atm, and i'm just waiting for Mark Lawrencen to utter those words....

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 03:46 PM

Shouldnt be long now. :greengrin

jgl07
03-07-2010, 03:50 PM
You've already said it!

Leicester Fan
03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
I think we can see England's result against Germany in perspective now.

Jim44
03-07-2010, 03:53 PM
"Ein, zwei, drei, they strike vier into every other team " .....................Lineker or rather his script writer must have been praying for 4-0.

Borders Hibby
03-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I think we can see England's result against Germany in perspective now.

Cant be a fluke, says Shearer!:wink:

marinello59
03-07-2010, 04:05 PM

Will you ever stop banging on about England? :greengrin

Borders Hibby
03-07-2010, 04:08 PM

Aye, going a bit stir crazy without proper fitba!:wink:

marinello59
03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Aye, going a bit stir crazy without proper fitba!:wink:

Me too.:agree: Counting down the days until the Dunfermline game.:greengrin

steviecarnie
03-07-2010, 04:34 PM
and there you are........without fail FANNIES

The Mook
03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I had to laugh yesterday at the English based press, prior to Andy Murry getting to the QF at wimblers he was British, then once he got to the SF they tried to claim him as Eglish, re English Sun paper, then once Rafa beat him, ITN news said he was Scottish, Welcome back Andy.

Sorry for being off topic, I'm watching Arg v Ger atm, and i'm just waiting for Mark Lawrencen to utter those words....

I had a similar laugh at our own press today.

Daily Record front page headline after Murray got papped out of Wimbledon. 'The curse of Becks'

Aye right, it was Beckhams fault that Murray got pumped :rolleyes:

marinello59
03-07-2010, 04:55 PM
and there you are........without fail FANNIES
Who said what? Who do we direct our outrage at? Thank goodness somebody has found something to get upset about though. :agree:

steviecarnie
03-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Who said what? Who do we direct our outrage at? Thank goodness somebody has found something to get upset about though. :agree:

lineker right at the end something along the lines of - So there we are, we're not that bad after all, We'll win the next one.

Then immediately after the BBC NEWS has just described Germany's display as a footballing masterclass.......And last weeks wasnt....NO?

_hucks_
03-07-2010, 05:05 PM
lineker right at the end something along the lines of - So there we are, we're not that bad after all, We'll win the next one.

Then immediately after the BBC NEWS has just described Germany's display as a footballing masterclass.......And last weeks wasnt....NO?

It was a masterclass though. Proper good display of devastating but simple football. I'm missing the issue here?

The Mook
03-07-2010, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=steviecarnie;2506127]lineker right at the end something along the lines of - So there we are, we're not that bad after all, We'll win the next one.

Then immediately after the BBC NEWS has just described Germany's display as a footballing masterclass.......And last weeks wasnt....NO?[/QUOTE

I take it youve never heard of dry humour then. Adrian Chiles comes out with similar stuff, pretty obvious its tongue in cheek banter

Phil D. Rolls
03-07-2010, 05:13 PM
It was a masterclass though. Proper good display of devastating but simple football. I'm missing the issue here?

You've got to consider the standard of the opposition.

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2010, 05:14 PM

The issue being that Lineker says these things to deliberately wind up us Scots and pander to all our prejudices about the English nation, its press, its celebrity WAG culture, James Corden, Lord Nelson, Maggie Thatcher..... etc etc.

Did I miss anyone?

:rolleyes:

SmokieJoe
03-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I had a similar laugh at our own press today.

Daily Record front page headline after Murray got papped out of Wimbledon. 'The curse of Becks'

Aye right, it was Beckhams fault that Murray got pumped :rolleyes:

Did you hear the English tard shout 'go on Andy do it for Becs'?:grr:

The Mook
03-07-2010, 05:26 PM

This changes things.

Beckham is innocent, it was the Englander who shouted this. He put Murray out!

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2010, 05:29 PM

Misquoted.

He was relying on the Scottish stereotype and asking "Andy? Would you do it for a Becks?"

A coat? In this weather?

SmokieJoe
03-07-2010, 05:37 PM

Chris Scudder Sky news 6.31pm eluded to as much with 'England will be feeling better tonight' whilst describing the Germany/Argentina game.

what do i win? rofl

steviecarnie
03-07-2010, 05:39 PM

so was germany's against england of quick counter attack football. but no1 mentioned it was a masterclass, just how poor england were. They were poor granted, but were still taken apart by the germans in masterful way.

Gus
03-07-2010, 06:10 PM
The issue being that Lineker says these things to deliberately wind up us Scots and pander to all our prejudices about the English nation, its press, its celebrity WAG culture, James Corden, Lord Nelson, Maggie Thatcher..... etc etc.

Did I miss anyone?

You know that do you......................no didnt think so,

If he does though, then GOOD

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2010, 06:14 PM
You know that do you......................no didnt think so,

If he does though, then GOOD

lol..... I honestly didn't think anyone would think I was being serious. Particularly as I put in the smiley at the end.

I was wrong.

Gus
03-07-2010, 06:19 PM
lol..... I honestly didn't think anyone would think I was being serious. Particularly as I put in the smiley at the end.

I was wrong.

ah, i didnt see the smiley face.........

marinello59
03-07-2010, 06:20 PM

A lot of people would make the mistake of thinking that Big Ears was merely making a joke but no, the cunning fiend was winding us up. :grr:

As for the English media praising the Germans.............well that's taking things too far. Time to paint our faces and grab the claymores like we did back in the days of Mel Gibson. They can only push us so much.:agree:

marinello59
03-07-2010, 06:22 PM

I was wrong.

Not your fault. I blame the English media.:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2010, 06:31 PM
ah, i didnt see the smiley face.........

Who's, mine or Lineker's? :wink:

No worries, mate.

Bostonhibby
03-07-2010, 10:48 PM

:confused: I've just heard that apparently they won the cup in 1966!

Bostonhibby
03-07-2010, 10:59 PM

Did I miss anyone?

:thumbsup: Well done, quite a few sh*ts there, but surely Liam Fox of the ConDem's merits inclusion, Cant even work out if he is a Scot trying not to be, English but they don't really want him, or a left over from when they burnt the spitting image puppets after the show was finally closed down.
As far as Lineker is concerned, I think he just feels that as the whole show tends to be a gathering of the tedious stating the bleeding obvious he has to have the last word to show who is in charge and tries to be original/witty but fails on both counts, his credibility having been shot as a result of his career in promoting thinly cut fried potatoes..........

Richard Scott
04-07-2010, 01:22 AM
The English press have always been all for double standards, especially when it comes to football. They're just like the majority of England fans, think they can take on the world, yet get their erases slapped by their arch rivals and sent home. They think England are flawless, competition after competition. I've lost all intrest in following England. The press are a joke.

SRHibs
04-07-2010, 03:02 AM
This is superb!

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4599/1277731510479.jpg

Borders Hibby
04-07-2010, 07:37 AM
The English press have always been all for double standards, especially when it comes to football. They're just like the majority of England fans, think they can take on the world, yet get their erases slapped by their arch rivals and sent home. They think England are flawless, competition after competition. I've lost all intrest in following England. The press are a joke.

:agree: