Hibs90
03-07-2010, 01:20 PM
:thumbsup:

bingo70
03-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Welcome back Ivan..:thumbsup:

2 year deal seemingly..

No offence but still don't really believe it TBH

Will be fairly underwhelmed if true, coming into pre-season i thought there were certain positions that needed urgent attention and right midfield wasn't one of them so to get two of them seems a bit of a waste of wages IMO.

ColinP
03-07-2010, 01:22 PM
If the info is spot on, Welcome back Ivan!

iwasthere1972
03-07-2010, 01:22 PM

2 year deal seemingly..

If true then would be delighted. Even if only used for last 20 minutes of each match.

Oh the memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKF4MZWSHG4

RickyS
03-07-2010, 01:26 PM

2 year deal seemingly..

no offence mate, but there has been so many names that have "signed" in the last couple of months. not doubting you personally but won't get exited until its confirmed. would be delighted if its true tho:greengrin

hibee4life1983
03-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Please be true, where did u hear this? Is it official??
Need to know

trev the hat
03-07-2010, 01:29 PM

Will be fairly underwhelmed if true, coming into pre-season i thought there were certain positions that needed urgent attention and right midfield wasn't one of them so to get two of them seems a bit of a waste of wages IMO.

:agree: Huge time for ivan and respect but totally agree with the above..

PeterboroHibee
03-07-2010, 01:31 PM

Agree with this. Dont get me wrong, I would love to see Ivan back in a Hibs shirt, but if true we are fairly overloaded in certain positions, and completely lacking in others. Wouldnt understand the logic behind bringing him back with other areas needing looked at.

trev the hat
03-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Agree with this. Dont get me wrong, I would love to see Ivan back in a Hibs shirt, but if true we are fairly overloaded in certain positions, and completely lacking in others. Wouldnt understand the logic behind bringing him back with other areas needing looked at.

Not to mention a certain spoony who is 10 tears his junior.

bingo70
03-07-2010, 01:34 PM

If i'm to stop being a miserable bassa on the positives things we were definately missing last season were pace, passion and appreciation of actually being at the club, he'd definately tick all the boxes for those three, just wish he was a right back :greengrin

Also got to wonder what effect this could have on Wotherspoons development though

Hamish
03-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Perhaps the manager is resigned to a player/players leaving and is getting cover in:dunno:

phoenixfire
03-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Is it significant that the op has done a Vlad= vanished:confused:

Ozyhibby
I think this would be a great signing. With the pitch now 4 metres wider we are going to need someone with pace and if alan o'brian is not available then Ivan will need to do.:greengrin

RickyS

a few on the bristol city fans forum reckon he is on his way back, heres the link

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/127899-more-departures/

hibeeleicester
Not doubting you but not getting my hoopes up until the offishul site says so! :thumbsup:

Www1875hfc
03-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Is it significant that the op has done a Vlad= vanished:confused:

What do you want me to do?

Made the mistake of sticking it on here and not in the PM board.

If the admins can change that for me please go ahead.

phoenixfire
03-07-2010, 01:43 PM
No offence, just thought you might give us an inkling of your source:thumbsup:

Jay
03-07-2010, 01:45 PM

If you want it on the pm board delete this post then do another over there but its a bit of a waste of time seeing its been read by many on here already. If its defo true you shouldn't be sticking it on the pm board anyway - the masses need to hear this :greengrin

trev the hat
03-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I would expect a bit of movement in the transfer market this week. Although i fully expect it to be in defence. ( prob r/b ) Hart
Also still reckon Bamba wont be around for too long, so maybe an experienced centre back should be priority.

A fully fit Zoumma is a must for us this season. So defence would be only area i would strengthen IMO..
Only feasable reason for Ivan is for an injured Zoumma come winter.:confused:
Although nobody doubts his heart for the cause..:greengrin

RickyS
03-07-2010, 01:49 PM

how strong a rumour is it? can you trust your source? how sure are you its going to come off?

Come home Ivan you know it makes sense!

The Harp
03-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Certainly hope this is true. The return of Ivan could be just the boost we need going into a new season. Can just imagine the new east standites on their feet to greet the wee man. Fingers, and several other body parts crossed! :greengrin

snooky
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5768/553462-redherring_large.jpg
:dunno:

HibbyAndy
03-07-2010, 02:17 PM

2 year deal seemingly..

Awrite Wull, Your pretty spot on with your predictions mate :agree:..Id love the wee man back hame, After all ,He does go with a Penicuiker :wink:

DH1875
03-07-2010, 02:22 PM
FFS, Get the defence sorted first. No doubt the blokes a legend but we already got at least 4 player who can play right mid.

Riordans Boots
03-07-2010, 02:22 PM

2 year deal seemingly..

Would love him back :agree:

Www1875hfc
03-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Awrite Wull, Your pretty spot on with your predictions mate :agree:..Id love the wee man back hame, After all ,He does go with a Penicuiker :wink:

Aye ah believe he is married tae a penicuik lass andy. :agree:

Nando™
03-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Now for Murphy and O'Connor...

Cabbage1875
03-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Was told this yesterday, along with David Clarkson. Let's hope the wee man is inspired by coming home if this is in fact true!

SmokieJoe
03-07-2010, 03:02 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5768/553462-redherring_large.jpg
:dunno:

Spot on there i think, would we really need another attacking right sided midfielder?
surely we could do with a RB and CB, and a Matty Jack/Sauzee holding things together?

Jack
03-07-2010, 03:20 PM
FFS, Get the defence sorted first. No doubt the blokes a legend but we already got at least 4 player who can play right mid.

Not meaning to have a go but can either you, or anyone else who comes out with the ‘get the … position sorted out first’ please explain why we should do things in a certain order.

If its obvious to us certain positions are weaker than others then I’m fairly certain the manager will be aware of that too. What order these weaknesses get sorted doesn’t really matter and a lot will depend on who is available at the time.

Kaka meets and wants to marry a lassie from Leith, she says ‘I’m naw moving tae Brazil, you're going to have to move t’ Leith and play for Hibs.’ ‘Ok darling’ he says. A couple of days later he’s pleading with her to marry him again. ‘Have you signed for the Hibs yet?’ ‘Naw,’ he says with a Brazilian accent ‘John Hughes say he only sign me if I play centre half and I a beeeg Rafael at centre half. I want play for Heeebs but he no let me.’ ‘Ach P!ss aff, yur dumped! I couldnae get the stains oot o’ yon yellow top anyway, this mint wan is bad enough!’

IWasThere2016
03-07-2010, 03:38 PM
FAO Jack :faf:

FAO DH1875 - RB announced soon :wink:

SmokieJoe
03-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Not meaning to have a go but can either you, or anyone else who comes out with the ‘get the … position sorted out first’ please explain why we should do things in a certain order.

If its obvious to us certain positions are weaker than others then I’m fairly certain the manager will be aware of that too. What order these weaknesses get sorted doesn’t really matter and a lot will depend on who is available at the time.

Kaka meets and wants to marry a lassie from Leith, she says ‘I’m naw moving tae Brazil, you're going to have to move t’ Leith and play for Hibs.’ ‘Ok darling’ he says. A couple of days later he’s pleading with her to marry him again. ‘Have you signed for the Hibs yet?’ ‘Naw,’ he says with a Brazilian accent ‘John Hughes say he only sign me if I play centre half and I a beeeg Rafael at centre half. I want play for Heeebs but he no let me.’ ‘Ach P!ss aff, yur dumped! I couldnae get the stains oot o’ yon yellow top anyway, this mint wan is bad enough!’

Fair point, but what would the point of adding more players to the squad, to play in a position
that we already have fairly decent amount of cover. If sproul was to be added to the squad, this would only reduce the wage budget further. I'm sure Yogi will have something up his sleave, but we did struggle without Sol when he was on African cup of nations duty.

gringojoe
03-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Aye ah believe he is married tae a penicuik lass andy. :agree:

Is a burd fi the cuik not known as a ewe?

Riordans Boots
03-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Fair point, but what would the point of adding more players to the squad, to play in a position
that we already have fairly decent amount of cover. If sproul was to be added to the squad, this would only reduce the wage budget further. I'm sure Yogi will have something up his sleave, but we did struggle without Sol when he was on African cup of nations duty.

And we struggled even more when he came back to us :wink:

HibeeMcGinn1
03-07-2010, 03:53 PM
And we struggled even more when he came back to us :wink:

had a bad couple games but after that he was great.

SmokieJoe
03-07-2010, 04:03 PM
FAO Jack :faf:

FAO DH1875 - RB announced soon :wink:

I hope you are right, this would silence a few restless natives:greengrin

steviecarnie
03-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Is a burd fi the cuik not known as a ewe?

nah just known as a "dirty":greengrin

HibbyAndy
03-07-2010, 04:35 PM
nah just known as a "dirty":greengrin

Your not joking, Ive had a few of these 'dirty's in recent years :cool2:

MSK
03-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Your not joking, Ive had a few of these 'dirty's in recent years :cool2:Ya clart !!! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
03-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Ya clart !!! :greengrin

Aye but now im aw grown up and sensible :greengrin

:hide::idea::lips seal

:fibber:

:greengrin:thumbsup:

mentalhibee
03-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Would be great to get ivan back playing for the hibees, we lack pace upfront.

MSK
03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Aye but now im aw grown up and sensible :greengrin

:hide::idea::lips seal

:fibber:

:greengrin:thumbsup:In that case ..lock up yer grannies !!!! :paranoid: ....:greengrin

MSK
03-07-2010, 04:56 PM
As for Sproule coming back ..doubt it ..

Jack
03-07-2010, 05:11 PM

I see what you're saying and agree a bit.

The way I see it Yogi has a budget. He knows the maximum of that budget and he knows he’s only allowed to spend a maximum on an individual player.

Lets just say that with the players released and the wee bit extra he’s been allowed for next season he has £25k a week to spend. He’ll have his eye on a few players and has already spent some on Edwin coming in.

He’ll know that to get the quality he’s after he’ll have to shell out say £8k a week on a RB and CH so he has the balance to buy players to fit in positions that can change a game – midfield and up front.

Within Hibs budget I don’t think there's much of a problem should we buy ‘a few’ players where we already have cover. There's enough for what we need and there's enough to acquire players that can come on and change a game.

All we have to hope is that Yogi learns how to change a game :devil:

Phil D. Rolls
03-07-2010, 05:29 PM

What's your point caller?

ionahibby
03-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Don't get me wrong would love to see him back i just hope he is still the same player that left us :pray:

Underdose
03-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I'll wait till this is confirmed to celebrate but IMHO it would be a good move.

Signing a player like Sproule would allow us to play a DIFFERENT system than we currently do. One with real pace and width which would be very welcome with our pitch 4 metres wider now.

Wouldnt rule out Ivan(if he signs) for the rightwing with De Graff and Zemmama earmarked for a more central role.

Also Ivan was probably the best substitue we have ever had at ER as he always got the crowd on their feet and fired up - how many players do we have that can do that at the moment?

SmokieJoe
03-07-2010, 05:58 PM
What's your point caller?

you obviously failed to read the post that my post was in response to.

stanton_4
04-07-2010, 12:04 AM
If true then would be delighted. Even if only used for last 20 minutes of each match.

Oh the memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKF4MZWSHG4

Fantastic memories indeed and if he's anything as good as that, I'll welcome him home.

hibiedude
04-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Wouldnt be disapointed IF TRUE

Phil D. Rolls
04-07-2010, 07:56 AM
you obviously failed to read the post that my post was in response to.

Sorry mate, bad day yesterday. Keep up the good work!

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Sorry mate, bad day yesterday. Keep up the good work!

Don't call me mate, people might think i like you:grr:

bingo70
04-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Was told this yesterday, along with David Clarkson. Let's hope the wee man is inspired by coming home if this is in fact true!

Not fussed about Sproule but seen Clarksons name mentioned a few times now and that would be a cracking signing IMO, IIRC he's not really a out and out striker but more someone that can drop a bit deeper score great goals and create them as well, would be adefinite improvement in Benji and Nish for that position.

stanton_4
04-07-2010, 10:02 AM

I was in Clarkson's Dad's pub the other week and over heard him talking to some people. According to his spraff there is no chance of him signing for Hibs.

bingo70
04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I was in Clarkson's Dad's pub the other week and over heard him talking to some people. According to his spraff there is no chance of him signing for Hibs.

Pressume that means there was some interest shown in him from hibs then, either that or his old man is a pretty boring guy, spending hours telling the locals about all the teams in world football his son wouldn't join.

sixtwo
04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I've been a long time admirer of clarkson. I would like to see him at Easter Road, but, if he did come, i'd assume it would be at the expense of stokes.

stanton_4
04-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Pressume that means there was some interest shown in him from hibs then, either that or his old man is a pretty boring guy, spending hours telling the locals about all the teams in world football his son wouldn't join.

I have no idea I was simply saying what I'd heard. He seems like an okay guy to me though and he was responding to a question asked by a punter and did not initiate the conversation himself.

bingo70
04-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I have no idea I was simply saying what I'd heard. He seems like an okay guy to me though and he was responding to a question asked by a punter and did not initiate the conversation himself.

cool, wasn't a dig at yourself, appreciate you passing on what you heard.

From that then i take it that the punter had also heard the rumour and it sounds like his old man might have a few issues with us, i'm sure that as with all footballers if the deal was right he'd join any club.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-07-2010, 10:26 AM
But thebristol board said Ivan was at training evidenced in video so someone else then ?

stanton_4
04-07-2010, 10:38 AM
cool, wasn't a dig at yourself, appreciate you passing on what you heard.

From that then i take it that the punter had also heard the rumour and it sounds like his old man might have a few issues with us, i'm sure that as with all footballers if the deal was right he'd join any club.

Nae bother. I think they were trying to wind him up a bit. The conversation quickly moved on to money and Clarkson senior hinted that the amounts being touted by other clubs meant Hibs were out of the frame. If memory serves there are issues though. Was he not in the paper a while back saying he was over looked by Hibs when he was a laddie?
You are right though... money talks.

Phil D. Rolls
04-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Don't call me mate, people might think i like you:grr:

:faf: Ok, we'll stick to the original plan then? :wink:

Lmc2105
04-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Looking back over some vidoes from you tube of Ivan when he scored they amazing goals against both sets of the smellies he will be most remembered for what he achieved at the club being here but lets leave it at that cracking player

but i fear if he does come back and doesn't do what he done at first fans expectations then he might crash and burn stay away Ivan you are a legend for your first stint at the club don't ruin that.

Would be great if he came back and done what he did but can anyone really see that?

Phil D. Rolls
04-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Looking back over some vidoes from you tube of Ivan when he scored they amazing goals against both sets of the smellies he will be most remembered for what he achieved at the club being here but lets leave it at that cracking player

but i fear if he does come back and doesn't do what he done at first fans expectations then he might crash and burn stay away Ivan you are a legend for your first stint at the club don't ruin that.

Would be great if he came back and done what he did but can anyone really see that?

I think fans forget the fact that Ivan was often a substitute for Hibs. Sometimes he turned it on, sometimes he didn't. I will always remember him for the CIS Final, but he had been at Hampden a year previously and did nothing against the Arabs.

Far too much myth surrounding this player now. I doubt if he could ever fulfil expectations.

MrSmith
04-07-2010, 10:57 AM

That is one thing I don't fear about Ivan! if he comes back then he'll be who he is and fight for everything - just what we need!

Lmc2105
04-07-2010, 11:02 AM
That is one thing I don't fear about Ivan! if he comes back then he'll be who he is and fight for everything - just what we need!

I would love to see that i really would but i just don't want him to come back and feel he has more to prove he done all he could with hibs the first time and as filled roll's said he wasn't a 90 Minute player
but i agree if you wanted an impact Ivan would be a good substitute

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
:faf: Ok, we'll stick to the original plan then? :wink:

Your original plan? i have no secret agenda, feel free to read all my posts, and be honest with yourself at least( you dont have to be honest with me), if you think I'm a sneaky yam, just say it, if not get off my case. did i realy deserve the *****e you illuded to yesterday? :hmmm:, i think not, but please make your own mind up and stop trying to pick up on non starters:hnetinq:
i appreciate you have posted many times more than me, and the amount of time you have been on here, but that does not give you the right to treat others as you have done with me, after all we all support the same team, regardless of of your :paranoid: twisted logic.

Phil D. Rolls
04-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Your original plan? i have no secret agenda, feel free to read all my posts, and be honest with yourself at least( you dont have to be honest with me), if you think I'm a sneaky yam, just say it, if not get off my case. did i realy deserve the *****e you illuded to yesterday? :hmmm:, i think not, but please make your own mind up and stop trying to pick up on non starters:hnetinq:
i appreciate you have posted many times more than me, and the amount of time you have been on here, but that does not give you the right to treat others as you have done with me, after all we all support the same team, regardless of of your :paranoid: twisted logic.

Its a bit of banter pal, I am sorry I have been hounding you. You didn't deserve the stuff yesterday. I apologise, please I'll stay off your back. (No sarcasm).

Hibbyradge
04-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Alan O'Brien on a push bike?

Baldy Foghorn
04-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I cant believe the reaction to the possible re-signing of Sproule..... At best he was IMO an average impact player.......

Maybe his hat-trick at Ibrox has clouded people's judgement, and turned IS into a cult hero status figure.....

seanraff07
04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Would like it to be true but we've already been through this with Hartley and O'Connor.

He's played 108 games for Bristol City so he can't have got that much worse since he left us.

I'd definitely take him back.:agree:

Hibbie_Cameron
04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I cant believe the reaction to the possible re-signing of Sproule..... At best he was IMO an average impact player.......

Maybe his hat-trick at Ibrox has clouded people's judgement, and turned IS into a cult hero status figure.....

:agree:

IWasThere2016
04-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Alan O'Brien on a push bike?

:faf:

'Least Ivan's bike has a heart and knows where the goals are! :agree:

Personally, I'd be delighted if he returns .. he would improve the team IMHO.

Dashing Bob S
04-07-2010, 02:13 PM
If Clarkson can recapture the form that made her such a sensation in the early American idol, i'd say okay. But today's Clarkson? Not a chance.

Some people need to move on.

Aldo
04-07-2010, 02:42 PM
For me Ivan would give us what we needed last season up front...a bit of pace...FWIW we lack Pace and Hughes needs to find someone (at the right price) to come in and give us another option.

Chuckie
04-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Number 1 is Ivan Sproule......

HibbyAndy
04-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Number 2 is...................

Sir David Gray
04-07-2010, 03:54 PM
We could sign a lot of players who are more technically gifted than Sproule but in terms of his enthusiasm and his attitude (at least when he played for Hibs) I don't think there's many players that we could sign on our budget who are better than Ivan. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and he gets the crowd going. I think at times over the last couple of years, apathy has set in amongst a lot of Hibs fans. I think the presence of someone like Sproule back on the pitch would help to resolve that.

I would personally love it if we managed to get him back. It would come pretty close to rivalling the feeling that I had when we got Riordan back.

I really hope this is true.

aljo7-0
04-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Number 1 is Ivan Sproule......
He'd be fast coming off his line but come on Ivan's no keeper :greengrin :wink:

Barney McGrew
04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Number 2 is...................

....Kevin McCann unless the squad numbers get changed :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
04-07-2010, 04:45 PM
We could sign a lot of players who are more technically gifted than Sproule but in terms of his enthusiasm and his attitude (at least when he played for Hibs) I don't think there's many players that we could sign on our budget who are better than Ivan. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and he gets the crowd going. I think at times over the last couple of years, apathy has set in amongst a lot of Hibs fans. I think the presence of someone like Sproule back on the pitch would help to resolve that.

I would personally love it if we managed to get him back. It would come pretty close to rivalling the feeling that I had when we got Riordan back.

I really hope this is true.

Ivan could get away with that because of all the talent in the team. There wasn't much pressure on him. If he comes back as the messiah, I think the pressure will be too much for him. Furthermore, since the Puritan revolution within the Hibs support, how many people would accept him going to the Karaoke at the Volunteer Arms every Thursday?

Dunbar Hibee
04-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Can't see this happening.

Judas Iscariot
04-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Can't see this happening.

Thanks for that :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
So how would this work compo wise?
Or did rodders get a clause on return deals?

Dunbar Hibee
04-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks for that :agree:

:aok:. Can you?

Judas Iscariot
04-07-2010, 07:15 PM
:aok:. Can you?

Aye, why no?!

Especially if Hartley, O'Connor, Jones, Murphy and Tortolano are all allegedly signing...

:cool2:

Thomson1875
04-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Not one for listening to rumours, I prefer waiting for it to be official instead of listening to the hundreds of ex players and players that "have signed".

But my mate said he seen him in Edinburgh the other week, My mate is a Hun and said to me " If use sign him then it would be a good signing but when coming to ibrox he better be injured"

so maybe something in it but untill official then nothings really true to me when it comes to signings.

WindyMiller
04-07-2010, 07:48 PM

And me.

bod
04-07-2010, 09:01 PM
i wouldn't class him as a hibs legend, just an average player

Disco Dave
04-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I would class him as a legend :greengrin

Come Home Ivan!

Dunbar Hibee
04-07-2010, 09:16 PM
I'd certainly class him as a Hibs legend. Average player? I don't think so:bitchy:

Toaods
04-07-2010, 09:29 PM
just to clear this uncertainty up have a look at the adjective meaning for Legend....

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/view/entry/m_en_gb0464050#m_en_gb0464050

so...Ivan is indeed a legend.

matty_f
04-07-2010, 09:52 PM
just to clear this uncertainty up have a look at the adjective meaning for Legend....

so...Ivan is indeed a legend.

He won't be re-signing with Hibs though.

RickyS
04-07-2010, 09:57 PM

He won't be re-signing with Hibs though.

the OP seems certain it is happening, you have some inside info?

sleeping giant
04-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Long live Ivan Sproule !

matty_f
04-07-2010, 10:02 PM
the OP seems certain it is happening, you have some inside info?

Nope, just my opinion - largely based on the fact that we've already had Hartley, O'Connor, Hart etc as definite signings (to be announced any time) which have all turned out to be pish so far, and the fact that the one signing we did have, nobody had a Scooby-Doo about.

MrSmith
04-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Nope, just my opinion - largely based on the fact that we've already had Hartley, O'Connor, Hart etc as definite signings (to be announced any time) which have all turned out to be pish so far, and the fact that the one signing we did have, nobody had a Scooby-Doo about.

"Seems logical to me captain."

Hank Schrader
04-07-2010, 11:09 PM

:agree::top marks

Riordans Boots
04-07-2010, 11:17 PM

so...Ivan is indeed a legend. :agree: :thumbsup:

RickyS
04-07-2010, 11:27 PM

fair play, makes perfect sense

Leith Green
05-07-2010, 06:05 AM
I posted about a fortnight before De graf signing that we had signed a Dutch midfielder.

bighairyfaeleith
05-07-2010, 06:47 AM
I posted about a fortnight before De graf signing that we had signed a Dutch midfielder.

:not worth

rainman
05-07-2010, 08:01 AM

Wash your mouth out!!!

Phil D. Rolls
05-07-2010, 09:00 AM

Seems to be a pre-requisite for posting on this thread. The normal rules of memory and logic don't seem to be in operation. :agree:

SmokieJoe
05-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Seems to be a pre-requisite for posting on this thread. The normal rules of memory and logic don't seem to be in operation. :agree:

I seem to remember Ivan being one of the stirrers in the dressing room when Mixu was in charge, fair play Mixu did need replaced, but for me if Ivan wanted stay with us and ride out the bad times, he could have, but alas he didn't, yes it was one of the factors that led to Mixu being replaced, but before all the dressing room troubles, who was the ledgend, Ivan or Mixu? :hmmm:

Ryan69
05-07-2010, 09:45 AM

Think youll find it was actually an ex Dutch international that was stated!

Ginger Gehagan
05-07-2010, 09:46 AM
I seem to remember Ivan being one of the stirrers in the dressing room when Mixu was in charge, fair play Mixu did need replaced, but for me if Ivan wanted stay with us and ride out the bad times, he could have, but alas he didn't, yes it was one of the factors that led to Mixu being replaced, but before all the dressing room troubles, who was the ledgend, Ivan or Mixu? :hmmm:

Could be wrong but I dont think Ivan ever played under Mixu. Think your getting mixed up with Mixu and JC.

Godsahibby
05-07-2010, 09:47 AM

Legend status but you're right he was an average player. Worked best as an impact player coming off the bench but he saw himself more than that.

Steve20
05-07-2010, 09:48 AM

Mixu was not in charge when Ivan played for us.

Borders Hibby
05-07-2010, 09:54 AM

He got 2 Dutch B caps. :agree:

SmokieJoe
05-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Mixu was not in charge when Ivan played for us.

My mistake it was collins, question remains the same, it was hard to tell the difference, oh yes collins got 1 decent game from them the CS final, 5-1 'v killie

bingo70
05-07-2010, 09:59 AM

There was another thread about a dutch midfielder, no mention of international caps :agree:

MacBean
05-07-2010, 10:20 AM
He got 2 Dutch B caps. :agree:

5 :cool2:

Leith Green
05-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Think ull find that's a lot of rubbish, I posted that I had heard we had signed a dutch central midfielder ... I didn't state that he was an ex or current international..

GreenPJ
05-07-2010, 10:43 AM
My mistake it was collins, question remains the same, it was hard to tell the difference, oh yes collins got 1 decent game from them the CS final, 5-1 'v killie

I presume you had not gone through to Motherwell for JC's 1st or 2nd game in charge where we gave probably the best Hibs performance since the 6-2 game and one of the best in the last 10 years and we destroyed them.

bingo70
05-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Think ull find that's a lot of rubbish, I posted that I had heard we had signed a dutch central midfielder ... I didn't state that he was an ex or current international..

Whats your next scoop then? :greengrin

Leith Green
05-07-2010, 11:04 AM
To be honest its all a bit quiet fae where ah get ma wee snippets,however don't be surprised if signings have been made and hibs are holding back to after home kit launch runs its course and til end of world cup for maximum media impact, try an boost season ticket sales etc. - was told that we have signed a right back but he didn't know name,led me to believe it wasn't hart as he would have known the name of him.. I expect early next week will be the time we may hear announcements!

GloryGlory
05-07-2010, 11:05 AM
I presume you had not gone through to Motherwell for JC's 1st or 2nd game in charge where we gave probably the best Hibs performance since the 6-2 game and one of the best in the last 10 years and we destroyed them.

Or the league cup game against the Yams, where we totally outplayed them from start to finish. 89:11 possession and all that.

Phil D. Rolls
05-07-2010, 11:07 AM
To be honest its all a bit quiet fae where ah get ma wee snippets,however don't be surprised if signings have been made and hibs are holding back to after home kit launch runs its course and til end of world cup for maximum media impact, try an boost season ticket sales etc. - was told that we have signed a right back but he didn't know name,led me to believe it wasn't hart as he would have known the name of him.. I expect early next week will be the time we may hear announcements!

:hijack: Get a room.

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-07-2010, 11:11 AM

I would expect this week seeing as we are playing a friendly soon. It would be good to get the team to gel as quickly as possible for the Euro game IMO.

Jack
05-07-2010, 12:10 PM

If that was the case I would hope they would already be training with the squad and our moles and spies down at East Mains would have spotted them.

Come oan spies and moles, what's happening? :greengrin

Leith Green
05-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Eh? Why would I want a room?

Hamish
05-07-2010, 03:02 PM
2 bounce games at EM this week, perhaps some Trialists will be present:dunno:

lapsedhibee
05-07-2010, 03:19 PM

:tsk tsk: People have been called yams for lesser mistakes than that.

marinello59
05-07-2010, 03:48 PM

Are you being serious? From the top of my head we had one of our best performances against Hearts in recent memory during that same competition. Also under JC. You will of course remember the stats from that game won't you?

Greenblood70
05-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Are you being serious? From the top of my head we had one of our best performances against Hearts in recent memory during that same competition. Also under JC. You will of course remember the stats from that game won't you?

Also the one nil win at Ibrox that put us top of the league for 24 hours. Murphy header I think. Theree were plenty decent performances under Collins, plenty dire stuff towards the end as well right enough!

WestEndHibee
05-07-2010, 04:02 PM
to follow from that there was the 4-1 cup game against aberdeen, we beat st mirren 5-1 (may've been motherwell, not sure), beat celtic 3-2... There were plenty of good games under collins!

Onceinawhile
05-07-2010, 05:58 PM
beat motherwell 6-1 away under collins.

great game.

IWasThere2016
05-07-2010, 07:15 PM

I concur Mr Green

Pretty Boy
05-07-2010, 07:21 PM
to follow from that there was the 4-1 cup game against aberdeen, we beat st mirren 5-1 (may've been motherwell, not sure), beat celtic 3-2... There were plenty of good games under collins!

Whilst i concur we had a lot of good times under Collins(and a lot of bad ones towards the end) the game in bold was at times an absolute shambles. No one seemed to have a clue what formation we were playing and we were all over the place for long spells. Had it not have been for a certain Mr Boruc, Celtc being wasteful and a few decent saves from Makalambay we could have very easily lost that game. Thankfully of course we didn't.

col02
05-07-2010, 07:24 PM
beat motherwell 6-1 away under collins.

great game.

Best Hibs performance in the past 6 or 7 years I have been following Hibs home and away that day imho!

random sub
05-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Best Hibs performance in the past 6 or 7 years I have been following Hibs home and away that day imho!

It was that game that Brian Kerr looked back on and said that he wanted to sign for Hibs:bitchy:

trev the hat
08-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I would expect a bit of movement in the transfer market this week. Although i fully expect it to be in defence. ( prob r/b ) Hart
Also still reckon Bamba wont be around for too long, so maybe an experienced centre back should be priority.

A fully fit Zoumma is a must for us this season. So defence would be only area i would strengthen IMO..
Only feasable reason for Ivan is for an injured Zoumma come winter.:confused:
Although nobody doubts his heart for the cause..:greengrin

Well thats half it sorted. Right now for the £1m for la bamba.:greengrin