PDA

View Full Version : Moyes and Booth on loan to Brechin

Moody D
03-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Just seen this on Brechin City website - sorry don't know how to do link. They've both signed for 6 months.
Thought these guys might have been vying for a first team place but this loan can only be good for them.

http://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/servlet/BCFCFrontControllerServlet?action=News&page_id=849&category=2

HibbyKeith
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
link here (http://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/servlet/BCFCFrontControllerServlet?action=News&page_id=849&category=2)

DH1875
03-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Very strange if true. I would have thought Booth would have def been in and around the first team this season.

Hibernian Verse
03-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Very strange if true. I would have thought Booth would have def been in and around the first team this season.

Might still be, it's only till January.

PeterboroHibee
03-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Good stuff, sending out younger guys to lower league teams give them great experience of playing competitive games that they wouldnt currently get at Hibs.

hibeeleicester
03-07-2010, 01:48 PM

Maybe we have another LB coming in? :greengrin

DH1875
03-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Maybe we have another LB coming in? :greengrin

6 month loan deal:greengrin, maybe as only way it makes sence.

.Sean.
03-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Heard this the other day. All the best B.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 02:53 PM
With there being no reserve league, :grr: this is probably the best thing, especially for the better ones in the players just out the 1st team squad. It will harden them up, and hopefully get them right for pushing for a place in our 1st team squad when they return.

BEEJ
03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
With there being no reserve league, :grr: this is probably the best thing, especially for the better ones in the players just out the 1st team squad. It will harden them up, and hopefully get them right for pushing for a place in our 1st team squad when they return.
Moyes was away on loan all last season; Booth for six months. They each got more first-team game time last season than many in the Hibs squad. One wonders how long they need to be away on loan before they become serious first-team contenders.

Like one of the earlier posters, I'm particularly surprised about Booth. LB has been a problem position for us.

Hibby70
04-07-2010, 09:12 AM
can only imagine that yogi has a lb pretty much in the bag and if there is an injury to murp... I mean the new lb or murray he'll recall booth.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Moyes was away on loan all last season; Booth for six months. They each got more first-team game time last season than many in the Hibs squad. One wonders how long they need to be away on loan before they become serious first-team contenders.

Like one of the earlier posters, I'm particularly surprised about Booth. LB has been a problem position for us.

I'd imagine Yogi thinks they are not quite up to the standard needed for the 1st team yet, and they need a bit longer out playing in a decent standard, a standard they are not getting at Hibs.

EdinburghLivi
04-07-2010, 10:49 AM
I watched Moyes last season at Livingston and, to be honest, he was a bit of a bombscare and I'll be surprised if he makes the breakthrough at Hibs. Good in the air, admittedly but far from strong enough in most other areas, even at 3rd Division level.

We were far stronger when our other centre backs stepped back into the squad.

Lmc2105
04-07-2010, 10:52 AM
I watched Moyes last season at Livingston and, to be honest, he was a bit of a bombscare and I'll be surprised if he makes the breakthrough at Hibs. Good in the air, admittedly but far from strong enough in most other areas, even at 3rd Division level.

We were far stronger when out other centre backs stepped back into the squad.

yeah agree with this he was according to some of my mates but i hope the both of them have a very successful loan spell esp Booth as he was a big hit with Arbroath:rolleyes: i think it was last season for what he done in such a short spell

Jim44
04-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Just read that Calum Booth and Sean Welsh are actually doing fitness training with Gary McKay and the Hearts players. Call me old fashioned, parochial and petty but I'm not sure I like the sound of that. :greengrin

J-C
04-07-2010, 11:15 AM
With there being no reserve football nowadays, these lads need regular football to keep them sharp and help them progress, so loan deals is the only option for us.

BEEJ
04-07-2010, 11:39 AM
With there being no reserve football nowadays, these lads need regular football to keep them sharp and help them progress, so loan deals is the only option for us.
Indeed. But I'd have been less surprised had the announcement been for Welsh and Currie to go out on loan again as they were only away for a month or so last season. Similarly we might expect Taggart and Smith to be sent out on loan soon.

But if Moyes is indeed "a bombscare at 3rd division level" and he's already had a season out on loan to toughen up and prove himself then the club should be getting to the stage of telling him his future lies somewhere other than Easter Road.

SmokieJoe
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM

:agree:, ideal for them to get invaluable minutes on the pitch, and although he was no world beater, Jim Weir being an ex-defender you'd like to think he can pass on some of his playing experiences. who Knows, possibly all the talk of needing to fill RB/CB with new signings is all off the mark, could Yogi have a master plan to blood these youngsters into the first team after xmas?

Moody D
04-07-2010, 05:02 PM
But if Moyes is indeed "a bombscare at 3rd division level" and he's already had a season out on loan to toughen up and prove himself then the club should be getting to the stage of telling him his future lies somewhere other than Easter Road.[/QUOTE]

Jim Weir was their manager last year at Arbroath in Div 2 - and Arbroath's results improved when they went there. Hardly think Weir would take them back unless he was impressed with them?

Mikey
04-07-2010, 06:10 PM
A young kid, sent out to get some playing experience, and he's already being described as a "bombscare".

Dearie me.

EdinburghLivi
04-07-2010, 06:38 PM
http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/lfctv/albionrovers290809_856x480.php

(00:45) Quality O.G. Very much wind assisted though.

BEEJ
04-07-2010, 08:05 PM
http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/lfctv/albionrovers290809_856x480.php

(00:45) Quality O.G. Very much wind assisted though.
He's a centre half - it happens!

Moyes didn't seem to settle at Livi (broke his nose in training during the first week, IIRC). I think his spell at Arbroath was much more successful.

seanraff07
04-07-2010, 08:07 PM
A young kid, sent out to get some playing experience, and he's already being described as a "bombscare".

Dearie me.

He'll be the next target once Bamba leaves.