PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Where will Hibs finish in the league

Keith_M
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
As it says on the tin, what is your honest appraisal of where Hibs will finish in the league this season.

I'd be interested in doing another around Christmas to see how (or if) the voting has changed.

hibeemad
02-07-2010, 03:57 PM
is it no a bit too early to decide that

Keith_M
02-07-2010, 03:58 PM
is it no a bit too early to decide that

Perhaps, but I just wanted to gauge the general mood of the support before the season started. I'm generally far too optimistic before a ball has been kicked myself :wink:

Hainan Hibs
02-07-2010, 04:10 PM
I'd say another 4th place finish.

hibeemad
02-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Perhaps, but I just wanted to gauge the general mood of the support before the season started. I'm generally far too optimistic before a ball has been kicked myself :wink:

your better waiting till after the transfer window is shut and we have another few players

M11BMO
02-07-2010, 04:17 PM
With the current squad as it is, 4th.

With at least a new quality RB and CB... I'd like to think 3rd.

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I'd say another 4th place finish.

:agree: 4th again imho, although hopefully nearer 3rd.

Keith_M
02-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Right, own up, who put 1st?

:greengrin

HH81
02-07-2010, 04:28 PM
you :)

Onceinawhile
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
5th.

Stretched squad leads to a poorer start to the season but a slightly better end to the season.

There is IMO a clear top 5 already.

Sellick
Ra Huns
Them
Arabs
Us.

Don't know about the rest

yekimevol
02-07-2010, 09:49 PM
im still a pessimist after the end of last season. ive never hoped im more wrong but im saying 6st.:boo hoo:

Diclonius
02-07-2010, 11:34 PM
A poor 5th.

United are far too strong for us and the Yams will be there or thereabouts through their usual combination of anti-football and luck.

Calvin
02-07-2010, 11:47 PM
6th. We were rank rotten from January onwards and thus far I see little to inspire confidence.

hibee4life1983
03-07-2010, 01:40 AM
6th???

C'mon, be positive

HONG KONG PHOOEY
03-07-2010, 02:39 AM
What a odd poll to run at this point of the transfer window ! Will we get stronger ? will Dundee Utd sell players for the money they need ? Will h88rts sell Driver and Wallace for the money they need ? Will Dundee Utd or H&&rts replace these players ?

A few comments for how we died after January but not a comment on how well we done before this ?

How will we do ? Lets wait until the player have been signed (lets remember we are one of the few clubs that can afford to spend cash on wages or transfer fees) before we get too judgmental !!!

Cameron1875
03-07-2010, 02:42 AM
A poor 5th.

United are far too strong for us and the Yams will be there or thereabouts through their usual combination of anti-football and luck.

:confused:What tells you that the yams are on the up?
Christ some fans complain that the team are scared of hearts when in fact it might be the case that some of the fans are.

With a few new signings i hope we are doing alright in europe. Being honest i would happily accept 7th/8th if we got a decent wee run in europa league.

hibiedude
03-07-2010, 04:41 AM
Based 0n 1 new player signed

We are looking at 5th-6th

bighairyfaeleith
03-07-2010, 05:32 AM
Given our form in the last half of last season, I've decided we will win the title :thumbsup:

I'll still think nish is a huddy, rankin is rank and hughes can GTF though :greengrin

Steve20
03-07-2010, 06:03 AM
If we go with the squad we have just now then 6th. About time we were bringing in a few more players.

IWasThere2016
03-07-2010, 07:40 AM
:agree: 4th again imho, although hopefully nearer 3rd.

Ah., the much heralded 'progress' :wink: :greengrin

Given our form in the last half of last season, I've decided we will win the title :thumbsup:

I'll still think nish is a huddy, rankin is rank and hughes can GTF though :greengrin

It HAS to be third IMHO - anything else isn't good enough.

We have a long way to go based on the latter months of the season, and additions are needed for us to improve.

We must add to the squad RB and a CH are a must - and striker with pace (much needed IMHO).

Sadly, I think we will see at least one and possibly two of our better players move on ..

Oh, and the football has to be better! Some of it was pure guff last season! :grr:

Still the windae is just open and you never know who's gonna come in! :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 07:44 AM

We have a long way to go based on the latter months of the season, and additions are needed for us to improve.

We must add to the squad RB and a CH are a must - and striker with pace (much needed IMHO).

Sadly, I think we will see at least one and possibly two of our better players move on ..

Oh, and the football has to be better! Some of it was pure guff last season! :grr:

Still the windae is just open and you never know who's gonna come in! :thumbsup:

A european place is progress, as much as you dont like to admit it. And doing it again would be progress. A Hibs team regularly playing in the europa cup is progress, something you have seen little of.

bingo70
03-07-2010, 07:45 AM

Surely you contradict yourself there?

IMO it's too early for this thread considering neither ourselves, dundee utd or motherwell have done much business but FWIW i'd be happy with 4th again but with a better quality and more consistant football on show.

Aldo
03-07-2010, 08:11 AM
For me it has to be at least 4th, the same as last year, with a vast improvement in the middle and final third of season. That unfortunately cost us 3rd.

Consistency is the name of the game and if we can get that then we will finish 3rd.

Still think we need at least 4 players, RB, CH (1 maybe 2) MF and a striker with a bit of pace.

We have the makings of an excellent squad. Others like the yams will think that with their prolific striker and new defender they will be stronger than last season but cannot see this.

We are in a strong position and again the likes of Well (lost some v good players) and Utd, may lose some, for me will struggle financially to find replacements of the same quality.

I hate preseason and will we wont we.

HibbyAndy
03-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Those that have Hearts above us have a word with yourself.

SmokieJoe
03-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Player signings dependant, but we can finish in 3rd, I'd like to think Yogi has a player or 2 up his sleave. lots depend on the Sol situation(maybe him not featuring on the big stage keeps at ER longer?), and new defenders coming in.

Here's a thought, do you think Yogi will change our formation?, De Graaf strikes me as being similar to Stuart Lovell, would we be going to a 3/5/2 or 5/3/2?

What do you think?

BT58
03-07-2010, 09:29 AM
to me it depends on how far we go in europe,,,,,,,,well that and depending on what signings/departures we have,,, I think that 4th [or upwards :wink::wink::greengrin] should be our goal
RB must be addressed
would have thought that YOGI would work on our defence this year as im sure the goals for
was near the goals against

ROLL ON DUNFY NEXT WEEK :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
B

IWasThere2016
03-07-2010, 09:44 AM
FAO Bingo

Contradiction - no don't think so. As I see it - we need additions, we need to improve and the target has to be third :agree: Like you, I'd settle for fourth if the football's much improved.